Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
V.a.nublarensis
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:14 am

That car being flipped over has crushed my concerns of the majority of the movie being on Nublar. More importantly, DILOPHOSAURUS! I hope we get an adult this time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pachyrhinosaurus
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2016-06-11

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:03 am

I'm thinking/hoping it isn't a hybrid dilo. The original design already looked like a miniature T. rex head to start. It's probably just a slightly different sculpt. It would have been nice for them to have pulled something from the original maquettes, but either way it's nice to see a dilo! I guess it would also make sense as said earlier for the animals to look slightly different if they were made by different companies, if they're going for the open-source dinosaurs plot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 498
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:49 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Holy crap! We're actually getting a full grown Dilo this time around?!!?

Hype meter at maximum!!!!!

I'm going to remain extremely pessimistic about it just so I don't let myself down.

Why so pessimistic? You can lower expectations and still have hope.
Because I vividly remember a guy who tricked Mulder into believing there was a scene with a Dilo(young and adult) that the kids run across in the old VC, and then of course Mulder told me and Dilly about it. This was like a week before release and we were hyped beyond all hell. 

If my memory holds up the guy had actually seen the movie because he was right about everything else down to a tee spoiler wise, he was just being a jerk.  And to make it even more credible we had another source who told us the same plot but when we asked him about the Dilo scene he said "you'll see it's pretty cool what they do Wink". So he was clearly referring to the hologram and didn't know about the other dude lying but that just upped our hype train 10 fold. It added flames to our fire because we knew this second source was not a liar. 

And then I will never forget the day we both learned it was a hologram. We both had epic rants of our own(wish I had screenshots to laugh back on). Dilly went on a tirade about how they needed to stop putting toys of the animal out because he felt they were teasing us. I said that I was boycotting the film and that I was gonna delete my account. Basically it was a meltdown of Epic proportions. I also said something else I'm ashamed of that got me a pretty good warning from the mods, but they understood our anger.

But yeah I look back and laugh now, but i feel that immense disappointment every time I think about the chance of it.  And then I get grandiose thoughts in my head about how much we're gonna see the animal and how long the scene would be etc. 

I just want to prevent another complete meltdown. Unless you guys wanna see it Wink

I remember that. That was such a kick to the balls xD

So, I take it I'm not the only one that notices the big gash on the top of the neck of the Apatosaur? Just an incomplete sculpt, or are we going to see more dead Littlefoots?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
 I remember that. That was such a kick to the balls xD

It sure was XD. 

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
 So, I take it I'm not the only one that notices the big gash on the top of the neck of the Apatosaur? Just an incomplete sculpt, or are we going to see more dead Litllefoots


Dang I didn't notice that.  Maybe Proto Indominus? XD


Thanks btw. Sent another PM though:) 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 396
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 15
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:10 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
RaptorLover0823 wrote:
It most certainly is a hybrid. Perhaps a Juvenile Dilophosaurus Rex? Laughing
Spoiler:
 

Hmmm, personally I'm not putting any stock in a toy being a harbinger of things to come in the films just yet. There have been many instances of dinosaurs appearing in the toy lines that didn't appear in the film, like Dimetrodon and Coelophysis in Jurassic Park, or Carnotaurus and Spinosaurus in The Lost World.

Also, isn't that from the old Hasbro toyline, has Mattel released (or rather has someone leaked) any new images of the upcoming toy line?
No, Mattel has kept silent almost the entire time. This is a Hasbro toy from last year. I definitely don't like it, but I think this new animatronic is a Dilophosaurus Rex.

_______________
Formerly known as "Raptorlover0823."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:11 pm




Sickle_Claw wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Mistral wrote:

I still hope that this "take dinosaurs off the island" angle/rumor is complete and utter BS, as it's so tired plot line at this point.

https://twitter.com/RaptorChaser17/status/851777520970207234

Modern car. Flipped over.

https://twitter.com/RaptorChaser17/status/851778896877977600

Also a news vehicle was spotted at Langley college where BD Wong filmed yesterday

That doesn't automatically mean "taking dinosaurs off the island", the dinosaurs could already be at the mainland. Which I hope is the case and the Nublar thing lasts for 5 minutes.

The potential TLW clone narratives are edging dangerously closer. I do like the Dilo resurgence however, at least in some capacity. If I had to guess one species to have animatronics now, that'd be it.

True, as has been pointed out elsewhere...that dilophosaur head is a real animatronic/prop head.

It also looks NOTHING like the past ones we've seen

(I shared a pic of concept art of the Dilo in reply to the guy who originally posted and in my second tweet a picture of some maquettes to compare it with)

https://twitter.com/Sickle_Claw/status/851989081831731203

https://twitter.com/Sickle_Claw/status/851891919504367616

Im thinking this animal is not one of InGens but rather something that someone who didn't know what they were doing came up with and tried to make the animal.



RaptorLover0823 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
RaptorLover0823 wrote:
It most certainly is a hybrid. Perhaps a Juvenile Dilophosaurus Rex? Laughing
Spoiler:
 

Hmmm, personally I'm not putting any stock in a toy being a harbinger of things to come in the films just yet. There have been many instances of dinosaurs appearing in the toy lines that didn't appear in the film, like Dimetrodon and Coelophysis in Jurassic Park, or Carnotaurus and Spinosaurus in The Lost World.

Also, isn't that from the old Hasbro toyline, has Mattel released (or rather has someone leaked) any new images of the upcoming toy line?
No, Mattel has kept silent almost the entire time. This is a Hasbro toy from last year. I definitely don't like it, but I think this new animatronic is a Dilophosaurus Rex.

I really don't think that this is a hybrid, but a full grown Dilophosaurus, probably the same one that whacked fatass Nedry. Besides, we have to consider something. If this is the same one that's all grown up or a new adult Dilophosaurus, then it's going to look different then a juvenile, which was how old the one was when it ate Nedry. Dinosaur bodies undergo massive body changes when they age. Just look at how T. rex changes in therms of it's body when it grows up.

If anything else, I'm going to say that this Dilophosaurus looks different simply because it's a full grown one. Besides, the Dilophosaurus Rex toy was one of the worst toys in the JW Hybrids series, and in the JW toy series in general. There's no way how a movie is going to slam a poorly made toy like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 396
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 15
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:


I really don't think that this is a hybrid, but a full grown Dilophosaurus, probably the same one that whacked fatass Nedry. Besides, we have to consider something. If this is the same one that's all grown up or a new adult Dilophosaurus, then it's going to look different then a juvenile, which was how old the one was when it ate Nedry. Dinosaur bodies undergo massive body changes when they age. Just look at how T. rex changes in therms of it's body when it grows up.

If anything else, I'm going to say that this Dilophosaurus looks different simply because it's a full grown one. Besides, the Dilophosaurus Rex toy was one of the worst toys in the JW Hybrids series, and in the JW toy series in general. There's no way how a movie is going to slam a poorly made toy like that.
Everyone keeps forgetting we've seen an adult dilophosaur in JW, That hologram was near eye level with Delta, who is about 5"7. How tall was a real Dilophosaur?
Spoiler:
 

_______________
Formerly known as "Raptorlover0823."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
V.a.nublarensis
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:34 pm

RaptorLover0823 wrote:

Everyone keeps forgetting we've seen an adult dilophosaur in JW, That hologram was near eye level with Delta, who is about 5"7. How tall was a real Dilophosaur?
Spoiler:
 
Is it just me, or is the length-to-height ratio of the hologram in JW not consistent with a real-life Dilophosaurus? The picture above has the ratio being 3:1, while the juvenile Dilo is more like 2.4:1 (see picture below), and the hologram looks basically the same. If we're basing a full-grown Dilophosaurus on length, the hologram in JW isn't one, as an adult would approximately be 2.5 meters (8 ft) tall. The hologram is nowhere near that.
If we're basing a full-grown Dilophosaurus based on height, the one in JW is admittedly close to it, but hey, sexual dimorphism can do wonders.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 396
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 15
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:31 am

^ You're absolutely right, but you're nitpicking the cgi of the same movie that decided to actively avoid accuracy with the Stegosaurus.

_______________
Formerly known as "Raptorlover0823."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:01 am

RaptorLover0823 wrote:
^ You're absolutely right, but you're nitpicking the cgi of the same movie that decided to actively avoid accuracy with the Stegosaurus.

Hmm. You raise an interesting point. While the accuracy in JW left much to be desired-even if you take out the debate of the raptors have feathers or not-it could be possible that this movie could also suffer a further drop in accuracy via Jack Horner's apathy. That could also be a reason why the adult looks different.

I still say that man needs to go. He's only in it for the money and nothing else.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:46 pm

Scientific accuracy is one thing, I mean it'd be nice to have it, but at the very least I'd want the dinosaurs on screen not look like sparkly aliens. That's the number one priority to be fixed when it comes to the dinosaurs (well besides getting rid of the general over reliance on CGI and lack animatronics, which thankfully seems to have been addressed for JP5, at least partly). In JW nothing in the dinosaurs outlook seemed authentic in comparison to the first three films, and even the ones that had some past resemblance, like Gallimimus, had weird gray ish color palette. All the colors in every species were samey. Then the T-Rex was the worst one of the whole bunch. I don't care if it's "older", that's just an excuse for having terrible CGI renders.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 894
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:24 pm

So Daniella had solo scenes with BD Wong yesterday when Chris, Bryce and Justice were all out of the country filming.I believe that Daniella's character may be working with Wu.

The pic was only shared on her instagram story, however many people managed to get screenshots


_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 397
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:42 pm

Daniella could also possibly be Wu's daughter since Wu is in his late 50's & Daniella's character could be in her late 20's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 915
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:47 pm

Hmmm, if Daniella's character is Wu's daughter, on the stipulation that Wu married a Spanish woman and was able to basically have a distant family life outside of his genetics work. But personally, I think he is too heavily tied to his work at InGen and Masrani for that to work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:50 pm

As long as there's not "problematic parent-child" relationship and/or divorce plot we've seen million times in this franchise already, I'd be fine with it.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 894
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:20 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Daniella could also possibly be Wu's daughter since Wu is in his late 50's & Daniella's character could be in her late 20's.

well in another recent post on her instagram (not related to JP/JW), Daniella outright said that she felt she was an "asian looking mexican" in her general appearance/identity.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:43 pm

The Sickle_Claw wrote:
So Daniella had solo scenes with BD Wong yesterday when Chris, Bryce and Justice were all out of the country filming.I believe that Daniella's character may be working with Wu.

The pic was only shared on her instagram story, however many people managed to get screenshots



Isn't that the same black clothes he was wearing during his lab scene in JW? I think it is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 894
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:46 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
The Sickle_Claw wrote:
So Daniella had solo scenes with BD Wong yesterday when Chris, Bryce and Justice were all out of the country filming.I believe that Daniella's character may be working with Wu.

The pic was only shared on her instagram story, however many people managed to get screenshots



Isn't that the same black clothes he was wearing during his lab scene in JW? I think it is.

YUP It is. So thats what I meant when I said they were shooting a scene that day.

Also Chris Pugh said on twitter that Chronicle Collectibles said they are working on a new sculpt for JW2 but it will be a 'baby dinosaur'

https://twitter.com/ChrisLikesDinos/status/853020135908659200

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 870
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:47 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Daniella could also possibly be Wu's daughter since Wu is in his late 50's & Daniella's character could be in her late 20's.

If this turns out true...I'm going to die. In a positive way. Imagine 2 Wu's. Just awesome. I can actually imagine Owen and Claire's faces findding out Wu has a daughter.  Laughing

And Daniella looks asiatic, even if she isn't.

But I really doubt they are related. I just think it's possible that she is Wu's assistant.


By the way, yeah he's wearing a black turtleneck. My headcanon is that Wu loves turtlenecks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gondrasia
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 43
Join date : 2016-06-14
Age : 20
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:57 am

Warning: Possible List of Jurassic World 2 Dinosaurs Leaked
A list of dinosaurs has potentially been leaked on the Jurassic Park Reddit site.
Spoiler:
 

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/JurassicPark/comments/65hlgr/jurassic_world_2_new_dinosaurs_leak/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:23 am

While that's not a bad selection by any means I hope there is a bit more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:51 am

Gondrasia wrote:
Warning: Possible List of Jurassic World 2 Dinosaurs Leaked
A list of dinosaurs has potentially been leaked on the Jurassic Park Reddit site.
Spoiler:
 

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/JurassicPark/comments/65hlgr/jurassic_world_2_new_dinosaurs_leak/

I'm happy that at least some adult Apatosaurus's survived Indy's wrath. I do find it odd that Stygimoloch will be in the movie when Pachycephalosaurus was in the last movie. It doesn't make sense to be 2 different species of bone-heads to be on Nublar...

Unless...the Stygimoloch are living on another island...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 894
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:12 pm

Its pretty much a selection of dinosaurs that could conceivably live on Nublar. I could see Carnosaurus being something that they planned but never got to release. And Sygimoloch couldve been planned for the Pachy arena.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 498
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:25 pm

Gondrasia wrote:
Warning: Possible List of Jurassic World 2 Dinosaurs Leaked
A list of dinosaurs has potentially been leaked on the Jurassic Park Reddit site.
Spoiler:
 

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/JurassicPark/comments/65hlgr/jurassic_world_2_new_dinosaurs_leak/

Awesome if true. Bringing back the classics, including the long awaited return of the Dilo, while adding in some interesting newcomers to give us something fresh.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oviraptor
Embryo
Embryo


Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:33 pm

I hope it's not true, I want Brachiosaurus back.

Also you'd think Parasaurolophus would be back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 915
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:46 pm

I am very thrilled at the inclusion of Carnotaurus and Baryonyx, and I hope both are used in a memorable and impressive capacity. And it's tempting to believe that because they are fairly medium sized, especially compared to the massive T. rex and Spinosaurus, that they lend themselves well to being featured in animatronic form. I'm hoping!

At this point, it's hard to imagine a Jurassic film without Tyranosaurus, Velociraptor or Triceratops featured in some capacity. But I am curious, where's Parasaurolophus? That's the one other dinosaur that appears through all four films. I'm happy that Apatosaurus is getting more appearances, but I think Brachiosaurus is also due for a return, especially since its regarded as pretty iconic thanks to the first film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:58 pm

Maybe Rexy just ate all Parasaurolophus in the time between the first movie and JW and for some reason they couldn't breed/change gender. Think about it, the Brachiosaurus could only have been fair game for a T. rex family-a la to one in The Lost World-or if one of them was very old and/or very sick. We don't know how many Trikes are on Nublar, the Raptors are dead, that one Dilophosaurus is either full grown via that on animatronic or just AWOL. And there's no way how Rexy can chase down Gallimimus's forever, nor can she subsist on Brachiosaurus/Triceratops carcasses forever. All large predators need to hunt. It's a golden rule in nature.

And I do wish that Brachiosaurus were to come back again. I was slightly surprised that we didn't see a combined Brachiosaurus/Apatosaurus herd in JW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1040
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:04 pm

Spoiler :
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:09 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Spoiler :
 

Unless they ret-con the JP3 Spino as the original super-hybrid, then no. I don't think so. However, it's still very early so things could change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gondrasia
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 43
Join date : 2016-06-14
Age : 20
Location : London

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:13 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Spoiler :
 
The way things appear to be at the moment, probably Yes and No; No for it being an Indominus Rex, but Yes for it to be Carnotaurus.

Also what's the current status of the theory by Jack Horner, that Stygimoloch is a juvenile Pachycephalosaurus?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:16 pm

I don't get the "classics and new ones" argument, since every film has had that system and surely no-one excepted them to deviate from that. Anyway so that'd be 5 on-screen carnivores again. I fear there won't be enough screen time for all when squeezed into two hours. Unless some of them are just briefly in the background or whatever, like with the previous cameos

JP (3)
T-Rex
Raptor
Dilo

TLW (3+1)
T-Rex
Raptor
Compy
(Cameo: Ptenarodon)

JP3 (4+2)
Spino
T-Rex
Raptor
Pteranodon
(Cameo: Compy + Ceratosaurus)

JW (5/6+1)
I-Rex
T-Rex
Raptor
Mosasaurus
Pteranodon (/Dimorphodon)
(Cameo: Dilo)


Last edited by Mistral on Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:22 pm

Gondrasia wrote:
Also what's the current status of the theory by Jack Horner, that Stygimoloch is a juvenile Pachycephalosaurus?

Yes, but given how like his super-predator version of Spinosaurus and how Torosaurus=Full Grown Bull Triceratops, that's based on limited evidence, so a lot of people don't believe it unless more evidence comes forth.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:24 pm

Who cares. At this point the scientific accuracy makes no sense anyway, they haven't been bothered with that since the 90's. Just have the Stygimoloch there.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 870
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:26 pm

I'm so fucking hyped for Baryonyx! I hope this is true! YAY!

MORE LOVE TO SPINOSAURIDS!

I hope we see new dinosaurs besides those already listed too. Stygimoloch is a nice add!


Also: f*ck you Universal and your secrecy!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:28 pm

It would be pretty funny if Baryonyx once again was left in the shores after being teased in every other film except TLW already. Maybe there's some obscure reference but no actual screen time again. It's almost become in-joke how they never show it
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 870
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Mistral wrote:
It would be pretty funny if Baryonyx once again was left in the shores after being teased in every other film except TLW already. Maybe there's some obscure reference but no actual screen time again. It's almost become in-joke how they never show it
It wouldn't be fun. I would be tragic.

That dinosaur deserves to be in a JP movie and have a great scene in it, hell, it deserves more than some classics there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:37 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
It would be pretty funny if Baryonyx once again was left in the shores after being teased in every other film except TLW already. Maybe there's some obscure reference but no actual screen time again. It's almost become in-joke how they never show it
It wouldn't be fun. I would be tragic.

That dinosaur deserves to be in a JP movie and have a great scene in it, hell, it deserves more than some classics there.

Maybe there's a scene where Owen and someone else are inspecting tracks on the ground, and the other guy says: "What do you think made these? Spinosaurus or something?" And Owen says: "What? No. Baryonyx, If I recall correctly. I don't even know what Spinosaurus is". It would be a stupid reference but I'd laugh at it. It would be even better if the other guy was called Billy.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:48 pm

Mistral wrote:
Who cares. At this point the scientific accuracy makes no sense anyway, they haven't been bothered with that since the 90's. Just have the Stygimoloch there.

Because the first JP movies were reguarded as the most scientifcally accurate dinosaur movies to date when they were released. Considering how JP was ahead of its time with ornithomimid herds and how TLW was also ahead of its time about T. rexes living in family packs, you could argue that it's got better with age. Things nosedived with JP3 and even in JW, things took a real downward slump via the Stegosaurus's and Triceratops dragging their tails.

If you added new dinosaurs that were far more accurate, which is what I hope they do with the new ones, as well at ret-con the Stegs and Trikes, then you'd have far more interest. Besides, I'm still in favor of new dinosaurs being added that are feathered: Anzu, a theriznosaur, Ornitholestes, etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:02 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Who cares. At this point the scientific accuracy makes no sense anyway, they haven't been bothered with that since the 90's. Just have the Stygimoloch there.

Because the first JP movies were reguarded as the most scientifcally accurate dinosaur movies to date when they were released. Considering how JP was ahead of its time with ornithomimid herds and how TLW was also ahead of its time about T. rexes living in family packs, you could argue that it's got better with age. Things nosedived with JP3 and even in JW, things took a real downward slump via the Stegosaurus's and Triceratops dragging their tails.

If you added new dinosaurs that were far more accurate, which is what I hope they do with the new ones, as well at ret-con the Stegs and Trikes, then you'd have far more interest. Besides, I'm still in favor of new dinosaurs being added that are feathered: Anzu, a theriznosaur, Ornitholestes, etc.

Yes I know, that's why I said since the 90's. JP and to extent TLW were (mostly) accurate for their time and proved to the GA that the scientific community had  advanced in their knowledge of the dinosaurs. However as said, everything since then has been "whatever" and they haven't even tried. I'd still argue that the Spinosaurus for circa 2000 wasn't a bad representation, you know assumptions have to be made in certain circumstances, but otherwise everything else scientifically has been stuck to the past and absolutely no effort has been put forward to fix it. So I don't really see the point in suddenly starting to care about accuracy again, when the last two films have sunk to the level of fantasy Godzilla monsters. It's hard to dig way out of that hole at this stage. So they might just well continue down that route. I have many issues with these new films, but at this point this is one I shrug off as "whatever". There are bigger things to fix.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:18 pm

Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Who cares. At this point the scientific accuracy makes no sense anyway, they haven't been bothered with that since the 90's. Just have the Stygimoloch there.

Because the first JP movies were reguarded as the most scientifcally accurate dinosaur movies to date when they were released. Considering how JP was ahead of its time with ornithomimid herds and how TLW was also ahead of its time about T. rexes living in family packs, you could argue that it's got better with age. Things nosedived with JP3 and even in JW, things took a real downward slump via the Stegosaurus's and Triceratops dragging their tails.

If you added new dinosaurs that were far more accurate, which is what I hope they do with the new ones, as well at ret-con the Stegs and Trikes, then you'd have far more interest. Besides, I'm still in favor of new dinosaurs being added that are feathered: Anzu, a theriznosaur, Ornitholestes, etc.

Yes I know, that's why I said since the 90's. JP and to extent TLW were (mostly) accurate for their time and proved to the GA that the scientific community had  advanced in their knowledge of the dinosaurs. However as said, everything since then has been "whatever" and they haven't even tried. I'd still argue that the Spinosaurus for circa 2000 wasn't a bad representation, you know assumptions have to be made in certain circumstances, but otherwise everything else scientifically has been stuck to the past and absolutely no effort has been put forward to fix it. So I don't really see the point in suddenly starting to care about accuracy again, when the last two films have sunk to the level of fantasy Godzilla monsters. It's hard to dig way out of that hole at this stage. So they might just well continue down that route. I have many issues with these new films, but at this point this is one I shrug off as "whatever". There are bigger things to fix.

It might be hard to totally dig out, but that doesn't mean that you should make things worse. Even if you do the basics, that would be an improvement. That and get a new dino advisor too, since Horner is the main reason behind the downward slump in accuracy. Would it totally fill the hole, maybe not, but it least you'd still have a small dent rather then a massive hole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Who cares. At this point the scientific accuracy makes no sense anyway, they haven't been bothered with that since the 90's. Just have the Stygimoloch there.

Because the first JP movies were reguarded as the most scientifcally accurate dinosaur movies to date when they were released. Considering how JP was ahead of its time with ornithomimid herds and how TLW was also ahead of its time about T. rexes living in family packs, you could argue that it's got better with age. Things nosedived with JP3 and even in JW, things took a real downward slump via the Stegosaurus's and Triceratops dragging their tails.

If you added new dinosaurs that were far more accurate, which is what I hope they do with the new ones, as well at ret-con the Stegs and Trikes, then you'd have far more interest. Besides, I'm still in favor of new dinosaurs being added that are feathered: Anzu, a theriznosaur, Ornitholestes, etc.

Yes I know, that's why I said since the 90's. JP and to extent TLW were (mostly) accurate for their time and proved to the GA that the scientific community had  advanced in their knowledge of the dinosaurs. However as said, everything since then has been "whatever" and they haven't even tried. I'd still argue that the Spinosaurus for circa 2000 wasn't a bad representation, you know assumptions have to be made in certain circumstances, but otherwise everything else scientifically has been stuck to the past and absolutely no effort has been put forward to fix it. So I don't really see the point in suddenly starting to care about accuracy again, when the last two films have sunk to the level of fantasy Godzilla monsters. It's hard to dig way out of that hole at this stage. So they might just well continue down that route. I have many issues with these new films, but at this point this is one I shrug off as "whatever". There are bigger things to fix.

It might be hard to totally dig out, but that doesn't mean that you should make things worse. Even if you do the basics, that would be an improvement. That and get a new dino advisor too, since Horner is the main reason behind the downward slump in accuracy. Would it totally fill the hole, maybe not, but it least you'd still have a small dent rather then a massive hole.

Horner's part of it, but in the end the producers are the main guys controlling it.

They could try fixing some basics, but the last time they attempted changing things was "there are suddenly proto quills on raptors now, and Grant dreams of them too even though he's never seen them before!" -debacle.

I mean yeah, in principal I do agree that it would be "good" to get at least something right in the science department, and not steer it even more into 19th century science like they've been doing, but in my list of "fix these now" it's in the lower end. First there are numerous other things to go through in story and production side. And even if we talk just  about the animals themselves, I'd order the fix priority list as follows:
1) less over exploitation of CGI... and even the CGI that is there should be more convincing
2) more animatronics (thankfully seemingly on the fix list)
3) they should behave like real animals, not cartoon rabbits
4) there should be consistency between the animal outlook between the films (unless you specifically explain why it's changed)
5) color palette more like in the first three films, every animal shouldn't have the same gray ish / blue ish skin
6) then, then you can go into the scientific accuracy more
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:34 pm

Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Who cares. At this point the scientific accuracy makes no sense anyway, they haven't been bothered with that since the 90's. Just have the Stygimoloch there.

Because the first JP movies were reguarded as the most scientifcally accurate dinosaur movies to date when they were released. Considering how JP was ahead of its time with ornithomimid herds and how TLW was also ahead of its time about T. rexes living in family packs, you could argue that it's got better with age. Things nosedived with JP3 and even in JW, things took a real downward slump via the Stegosaurus's and Triceratops dragging their tails.

If you added new dinosaurs that were far more accurate, which is what I hope they do with the new ones, as well at ret-con the Stegs and Trikes, then you'd have far more interest. Besides, I'm still in favor of new dinosaurs being added that are feathered: Anzu, a theriznosaur, Ornitholestes, etc.

Yes I know, that's why I said since the 90's. JP and to extent TLW were (mostly) accurate for their time and proved to the GA that the scientific community had  advanced in their knowledge of the dinosaurs. However as said, everything since then has been "whatever" and they haven't even tried. I'd still argue that the Spinosaurus for circa 2000 wasn't a bad representation, you know assumptions have to be made in certain circumstances, but otherwise everything else scientifically has been stuck to the past and absolutely no effort has been put forward to fix it. So I don't really see the point in suddenly starting to care about accuracy again, when the last two films have sunk to the level of fantasy Godzilla monsters. It's hard to dig way out of that hole at this stage. So they might just well continue down that route. I have many issues with these new films, but at this point this is one I shrug off as "whatever". There are bigger things to fix.

It might be hard to totally dig out, but that doesn't mean that you should make things worse. Even if you do the basics, that would be an improvement. That and get a new dino advisor too, since Horner is the main reason behind the downward slump in accuracy. Would it totally fill the hole, maybe not, but it least you'd still have a small dent rather then a massive hole.

Horner's part of it, but in the end the producers are the main guys controlling it.

Not when the producers basically let him do whatever he wants. In fact, he was so overbearing, that he was basically the de-facto co-director of JP3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 397
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:41 pm

That list is too good to be be true? I mean Dilo's, Carnotaurus & Baryonyx, 3 of my all time favourite Dinosaurs in the one film, couldn't possibly be true?

Also guys, these new Dinosaurs don't have to be on Nublar or Sorna, they could be bred on the mainland, remember part of this film takes place on Nublar & the other on the mainland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2980
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:38 pm

I think we should go through the list of predatory dinosaurs so far.

T. rex/Rexy

Blue/Velociraptor

Dilophosaurus/possibly the original one from JP

Carnotaurus

Baryonyx

One very large alpha predator in Rexy, one fairly large predator in Baryonyx, 2 medium sized predators in the Carnotaurus and Dilophosaurus, and one small predator in Blue.

The real question is how big will the Baryonyx get. I remember that the holotype was around 30-33 ft long, but if Suchomimus really was the African species of Baryonyx, then it could get larger. The holotype, which wasn't quite full grown was around 34-36 ft in length which means an adult could grow up to roughly 40-43 ft in length. T. rex sized. So depending on the species, we could get a Baryonyx that's larger then usual.

Also, I'd like to point out that the Carnotaurus could also be a threat since it's very fast in a straight sprint. Up to 25-30 mph to recent studies. More then fast enough to catch a Gallimimus/fleeing human.

All of a sudden, Nublar is looking far more dangerous then what the ending of JW showed it would be. I like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 498
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I'm so fucking hyped for Baryonyx! I hope this is true! YAY!

MORE LOVE TO SPINOSAURIDS!

I hope we see new dinosaurs besides those already listed too. Stygimoloch is a nice add!


Also: f*ck you Universal and your secrecy!

Slightly off topic, but I like how you don't bother censoring the first F bomb, but you do censor the second one Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   

Back to top Go down
 
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List
» General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3
» General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
» Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
» Jurassic Park Builder/Jurassic World The Game Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom News-
Jump to: