Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 496
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Tue May 09, 2017 10:34 am

Interview with Goldblum...

http://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-2-themes-science-jeff-golblum/

“Off I go in a few weeks to London, where they’ve been hard at work, and I’ll try to contribute something to the plate of dino-entertainment. I like my character. I think my character is a saucy, sassy man of some integrity and deep thinking. And of course, that whole world continues to be popular, slam-bang, top entertainment.”

“I talked to the director, J.A. Bayona, over the phone… Even though some might say it’s popcorn-y entertainment (top-notch, of course), in our conversation he was very focused on the serious issues of greed as it oftentimes comes up in those movies, and the marvels of science and reason and the very fascinating point at which our species finds itself both in real life and in this imaginary world too. I’m very interested in that myself, so I’m looking forward to this. I’ve got a few things to do. I’m nothing if not conscientious, so I’m enjoying working on it every day.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Tue May 09, 2017 12:49 pm

Yeah it was a nice interview. Also I'm glad Jeff loves science and is now making some Nat Geo science programs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 912
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Tue May 09, 2017 4:54 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Barry isn't coming back. And I'm glad for it. I think his character is useless.

By the way, Jeff might have a good amount of time in JW2. We'll see. Very Happy

What!?! Why I OUGHTA- Hang on, you mean Barry as in the Raptor assistant from JW, aren't you? Embarassed

But in all seriousness, a misfired neuron in my brain made me jump to the wrong conclusion the first time I read that post.

As for Jeff coming back, as usual I'm super-excited, and his inclusion is a definite boon to the film. The guy has gotten quite a bit of Ian Malcolm infused in his real life personality and day to day life, it seems.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 390
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Tue May 09, 2017 6:48 pm

I don't think Malcolm will have much screentime if Jeff is only going to start filming in a few weeks as production wraps in the UK in late May/early June before they go to Hawaii for about a month till early July & I doubt he is getting back on the islands again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Tue May 09, 2017 9:45 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Barry isn't coming back. And I'm glad for it. I think his character is useless.

By the way, Jeff might have a good amount of time in JW2. We'll see. Very Happy

What!?! Why I OUGHTA- Hang on, you mean Barry as in the Raptor assistant from JW, aren't you? Embarassed

But in all seriousness, a misfired neuron in my brain made me jump to the wrong conclusion the first time I read that post.

As for Jeff coming back, as usual I'm super-excited, and his inclusion is a definite boon to the film. The guy has gotten quite a bit of Ian Malcolm infused in his real life personality and day to day life, it seems.
Hahaha yes Barry from JW, not you XD.

You're a great dude.  Very Happy

By the way, not that much screentime for Malcolm? Nice. Then I'll finally get development for the characters I want.  Twisted Evil You're not going to overshadow them, Ian, you're not.  Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Tue May 09, 2017 10:07 pm

dance2nite wrote:
I don't think Malcolm will have much screentime if Jeff is only going to start filming in a few weeks as production wraps in the UK in late May/early June before they go to Hawaii for about a month till early July & I doubt he is getting back on the islands again.
Personally I agree. 

I think he's going to play a side role. I'm a bit worried his character might be there just to say "he's back in our movie franchise".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Tue May 09, 2017 11:05 pm

He won't be just a cameo. He's a supporting character in JW2. I would guess 10 minutes of screentime for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 496
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Tue May 09, 2017 11:08 pm

I'd like to see more than just a cameo, obviously without completely taking over the film.

Something comparable to say, Leonard Nimoy's part in JJ Abrams Star Trek would be pretty ideal for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Tue May 09, 2017 11:46 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I'd like to see more than just a cameo, obviously without completely taking over the film.

Something comparable to say, Leonard Nimoy's part in JJ Abrams Star Trek would be pretty ideal for me.
How much screentime he had?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Tue May 09, 2017 11:48 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I'd like to see more than just a cameo, obviously without completely taking over the film.

Something comparable to say, Leonard Nimoy's part in JJ Abrams Star Trek would be pretty ideal for me.

I want to see close to a full on major role, but I doubt that's happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Tue May 09, 2017 11:53 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I'd like to see more than just a cameo, obviously without completely taking over the film.

Something comparable to say, Leonard Nimoy's part in JJ Abrams Star Trek would be pretty ideal for me.

I want to see close to a full on major role, but I doubt that's happening.
Are you crazy? If they do that, he'll overshadow everyone else. It'll be Jurassic Malcolm.  Sad

I want other characters developed, and they better put Claire as a main.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 394
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 15
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed May 10, 2017 12:08 am

I don't care how much Malcolm we get. I'll blindly follow this franchise wherever it goes. I'm mostly here for the toys anyways ^-^

_______________
Formerly known as "Raptorlover0823."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed May 10, 2017 1:26 am

Océane wrote:
I don't care how much Malcolm we get. I'll blindly follow this franchise wherever it goes. I'm mostly here for the toys anyways ^-^
OMG the toys *-*
YES!
I hope I finally get all them!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 394
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 15
Location : Los Angeles, California

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed May 10, 2017 3:48 am

Nothing new, but you guys still might enjoy seeing this. Very Happy
Spoiler:
 

_______________
Formerly known as "Raptorlover0823."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed May 10, 2017 4:55 am

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Now the fandom forgets even who is in the movie...

But no, I'm just over reacting. Look what a stupid chair pic made.  I'm so damn scared. 


I want the official character look. This or nothing.  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 912
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed May 10, 2017 5:00 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Hahaha yes Barry from JW, not you XD.

You're a great dude.  Very Happy

By the way, not that much screentime for Malcolm? Nice. Then I'll finally get development for the characters I want.  Twisted Evil You're not going to overshadow them, Ian, you're not.  Razz

Thank you, buddy! Very Happy Hanging out here's always a treat.

As for the new picture, all I could think of was this Jack Sparrow line from the 4th Pirates movie:
"There should be a 'Doctor' in there somewhere..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
1morey
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 31
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Pennsylvania

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed May 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Two new actors have been announced:

Kevin Layne who will be playing a submarine pilot and David Olawale Ayinde who will be a reporter.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed May 10, 2017 3:52 pm

1morey wrote:
Two new actors have been announced:

Kevin Layne who will be playing a submarine pilot and David Olawale Ayinde who will be a reporter.

Not to rain on your parade or anything man, but we actually knew about the Kevin Submarine guy last month. He did an interview about the submarine thing like you said.

We're super excited at the prospect of an underwater scene Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 496
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed May 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Océane wrote:
Nothing new, but you guys still might enjoy seeing this. Very Happy
Spoiler:
 

It makes my heart smile seeing that pic. Makes me feel like all is right in the world.

I realize that I said I didn't want to see him in a super-massive role, but honestly....the more Goldblum. the better. If he ends up "taking over the movie", then I guess that means he did a pretty good job Razz

edit: Also, we have amber...

https://twitter.com/owenpratt93/status/862235031665876992
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed May 10, 2017 4:27 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Océane wrote:
Nothing new, but you guys still might enjoy seeing this. Very Happy
Spoiler:
 

It makes my heart smile seeing that pic. Makes me feel like all is right in the world.

I realize that I said I didn't want to see him in a super-massive role, but honestly....the more Goldblum. the better. If he ends up "taking over the movie", then I guess that means he did a pretty good job Razz

edit: Also, we have amber...

https://twitter.com/owenpratt93/status/862235031665876992
Yeah no problem the movie having 1 character only in the whole movie, right?????? Then that means the movie will BE RUINED with only one character. Why not change the title to Jurassic Malcolm already? I know you guys want to see just 1 character in the movie, f*ck the rest, it's all about Malcolm right? Just fucking make him overshadow the other characters, I'll love the critics on how "AWESOME" the movie will be. 

I'm so fucking angry with those futile fanservises. I hope Malcolm doesn't end up taking over BECAUSE JW2 is more than that and I WANT TO SEE OTHER CHARACTERS developed, I'm not a nostalgic dude that doesn't want to change the franchise and expand it to more ways. I want something new, if I want the same thing I can watch JP.

I'm betting my ass they are going to put Lockwood with a Hammond type cane, another futile and unecessary fanservice if so. Let's make Lockwood unique and not just a copy of Hammond, unless he's so obscessed with Hammond he can't even find another cane. By the way, if it's really from him, I'm also excited. I want to see that character in action so bad. He sounds like a badass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 496
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed May 10, 2017 4:45 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Océane wrote:
Nothing new, but you guys still might enjoy seeing this. Very Happy
Spoiler:
 

It makes my heart smile seeing that pic. Makes me feel like all is right in the world.

I realize that I said I didn't want to see him in a super-massive role, but honestly....the more Goldblum. the better. If he ends up "taking over the movie", then I guess that means he did a pretty good job Razz

edit: Also, we have amber...

https://twitter.com/owenpratt93/status/862235031665876992
Yeah no problem the movie having 1 character only in the whole movie, right?????? Then that means the movie will BE RUINED with only one character. Why not change the title to Jurassic Malcolm already? I know you guys want to see just 1 character in the movie, f*ck the rest, it's all about Malcolm right? Just fucking make him overshadow the other characters, I'll love the critics on how "AWESOME" the movie will be. 

I'm so fucking angry with those futile fanservises. I hope Malcolm doesn't end up taking over BECAUSE JW2 is more than that and I WANT TO SEE OTHER CHARACTERS developed, I'm not a nostalgic dude that doesn't want to change the franchise and expand it to more ways.

I'm betting my ass they are going to put Lockwood with a Hammond type cane, another futile and unecessary fanservice if so. Let's make Lockwood unique and not just a copy of Hammond, unless he's so obscessed with Hammond he can't even find another cane. By the way, if it's really from him, I'm also excited. I want to see that character in action so bad. He sounds like a badass.

Who said that?

Personally, I want Goldblum to have some meaty screentime because of the added weight that his character will likely bring to the story. As much as I liked JW, it was (imo) missing the element that he brought to the first two films (the first one in particular). His commentary on the situation really brought the ethical debate to the forefront, hence giving it much more weight and substance, and no character since has been able to duplicate or really even come close to bringing the same weight to the story that Malcolm did.

I know you're worried about Malcolm cutting into Wu's screentime in particular, but keep in mind that the two characters will likely, from an ethical standpoint, be sitting on opposite sides of the fence, meaning that there likely won't be much room for the characters to step on each other's toes in terms of screentime.

In fact, I'd argue that Malcolm brings an element that was almost entirely lacking from JW, so he really shouldn't be in a position to step on anybody's toes at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 179
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 23
Location : The Hammond Creation Lab

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed May 10, 2017 5:35 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Yeah no problem the movie having 1 character only in the whole movie, right?????? Then that means the movie will BE RUINED with only one character. Why not change the title to Jurassic Malcolm already? I know you guys want to see just 1 character in the movie, f*ck the rest, it's all about Malcolm right? Just fucking make him overshadow the other characters, I'll love the critics on how "AWESOME" the movie will be. 

I'm so fucking angry with those futile fanservises. I hope Malcolm doesn't end up taking over BECAUSE JW2 is more than that and I WANT TO SEE OTHER CHARACTERS developed, I'm not a nostalgic dude that doesn't want to change the franchise and expand it to more ways. I want something new, if I want the same thing I can watch JP.

I'm betting my ass they are going to put Lockwood with a Hammond type cane, another futile and unecessary fanservice if so. Let's make Lockwood unique and not just a copy of Hammond, unless he's so obscessed with Hammond he can't even find another cane. By the way, if it's really from him, I'm also excited. I want to see that character in action so bad. He sounds like a badass.

Okay...perhaps you should calm down and take a deep breath... Is everything showcasing Malcolm being on JW2 going to make you upset (even slightly upset you)? I get your not a fan of nostalgia heavy stuff but this seems to be badly obsessive to you.

I think the film can be both nostalgic and be new and different. That's what I hope at least.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 496
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed May 10, 2017 6:58 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:

I think the film can be both nostalgic and be new and different. That's what I hope at least.

Well put.

There's absolutely nothing saying that this film can't appeal to multiple demographics, from those of us wanting to see the things that made us fall in love with the franchise in the first place, to those of us wanting to see what bold new directions the franchise can embark upon.

To be perfectly honest, it kind of hits me the wrong way when I see people claim that a film "has to do this or that" in order to be acceptable, when the fact is that there are multiple different opinions throughout both the hardcore and casual fanbases of a particular franchise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Wed May 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Océane wrote:
Nothing new, but you guys still might enjoy seeing this. Very Happy
Spoiler:
 

It makes my heart smile seeing that pic. Makes me feel like all is right in the world.

I realize that I said I didn't want to see him in a super-massive role, but honestly....the more Goldblum. the better. If he ends up "taking over the movie", then I guess that means he did a pretty good job Razz

edit: Also, we have amber...

https://twitter.com/owenpratt93/status/862235031665876992
Yeah no problem the movie having 1 character only in the whole movie, right?????? Then that means the movie will BE RUINED with only one character. Why not change the title to Jurassic Malcolm already? I know you guys want to see just 1 character in the movie, f*ck the rest, it's all about Malcolm right? Just fucking make him overshadow the other characters, I'll love the critics on how "AWESOME" the movie will be. 

I'm so fucking angry with those futile fanservises. I hope Malcolm doesn't end up taking over BECAUSE JW2 is more than that and I WANT TO SEE OTHER CHARACTERS developed, I'm not a nostalgic dude that doesn't want to change the franchise and expand it to more ways.

I'm betting my ass they are going to put Lockwood with a Hammond type cane, another futile and unecessary fanservice if so. Let's make Lockwood unique and not just a copy of Hammond, unless he's so obscessed with Hammond he can't even find another cane. By the way, if it's really from him, I'm also excited. I want to see that character in action so bad. He sounds like a badass.

Who said that?

Personally, I want Goldblum to have some meaty screentime because of the added weight that his character will likely bring to the story. As much as I liked JW, it was (imo) missing the element that he brought to the first two films (the first one in particular). His commentary on the situation really brought the ethical debate to the forefront, hence giving it much more weight and substance, and no character since has been able to duplicate or really even come close to bringing the same weight to the story that Malcolm did.

I know you're worried about Malcolm cutting into Wu's screentime in particular, but keep in mind that the two characters will likely, from an ethical standpoint, be sitting on opposite sides of the fence, meaning that there likely won't be much room for the characters to step on each other's toes in terms of screentime.

In fact, I'd argue that Malcolm brings an element that was almost entirely lacking from JW, so he really shouldn't be in a position to step on anybody's toes at all.
Nobody from here, but some people are really making me upset with all this Malcolm stuff, I'm deeply scared about this "weight" and how he'll fit without cutting other characters screentime or overshadow all of them with his presence.

I agree that he's the only character that did and can talk about ethics and morality in a way that isn't annoying or forced, but in a serious tone that really adds weight to the story. Most of his questions are right at point. It makes us and the GA as a whole think. It's cool and we need that. But I also want to see the other side of view, particulary the scientific side to have strong arguments and have the same amount of weight that Malcolm's moral views will have. I fear they'll tone down one side to make the other the winner and cut the GA pespective and limit it to one side (Malcolm's one, because he's charismatic and all that). That's why I'm even not in favor of a debate in the movie, I can't stand people saying Malcolm will win with silly jokes in such a serious subject or that he's too "mighty" for any other character to question him.

I didn't understand if you meant Malcolm has more weight to the story than any character or just in the ethics subject that he's the one that really upgrade the level of intelectual questions in the movie.

So I hope he doesn't cross or cut any other character screentime or comes as more important than other important characters for this story. We'll see. I'm still trying to figure out how he fits in.

I'm not going to set my hype too high, by the way. Falling from a high place is dangerous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pachyrhinosaurus
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2016-06-11

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu May 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Did anyone else see RTH's photo on Facebook?
https://www.facebook.com/ReelNewsHawaii/photos/a.367836739927510.84264.193164237394762/1460988893945617/?type=3

They took the original post down but apparently they're building something big and "familiar" in Hawaii. No photos or information on what it could be but it sounds important.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Thu May 11, 2017 3:26 pm

Hopefully not the gate. The last thing we need is repetition of last film, people roaming around nostalgic money shots for no reason
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri May 12, 2017 2:31 pm

Guess they are filming, or planning to film some planes

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 390
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri May 12, 2017 8:08 pm

BD Wong is back filming in the UK according to this Instagram (Spinosaur4.4 would be happy to know Razz _), he already filmed for 2 weeks back in early April before a break & has now returned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pachyrhinosaurus
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 44
Join date : 2016-06-11

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri May 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Mistral wrote:
Hopefully not the gate. The last thing we need is repetition of last film, people roaming around nostalgic money shots for no reason

That's what I thought at first, too (well at least that it could be the gate) but I'm not sure if they'd want a different location for it than the original... but then with what they did to the VC, who knows?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri May 12, 2017 9:25 pm

In JW the guy on the monorail says the gate they pass through is made from the wood of the old one. So i'm pretty sure it's prob not the gate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Fri May 12, 2017 11:19 pm

-


Last edited by Mistral on Sat May 13, 2017 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 390
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 2:38 am

Filming in Hawaii will place place from June 5 - July 15 (5 weeks), so we can presume July 15 is the wrap date for filming? (total filming for the film will be roughly 5 months vs JW's 4) so hopefully we get a longer film? Also they are casting for military types in Hawaii only. Sounds like the military return to Nublar along with some of the cast to round up the Dino's?

http://jurassicoutpost.com/jurassic-world-2-casting-hawaii-shoot-filming-june-5th-july-15th-looking-military-types/

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 5:31 am

dance2nite wrote:
BD Wong is back filming in the UK according to this Instagram (Spinosaur4.4 would be happy to know Razz _), he already filmed for 2 weeks back in early April before a break & has now returned.
Finally, great news! Damnit!

Best news of the month.  Cool

Now I'm hyped.

He's going to film with Jeff...OMG no. No Malcolm scenes with Wu please. Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoulderFaceplant
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 71
Join date : 2017-01-16

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 8:20 am

Um, yes Malcolm scenes with Wu PLEASE! Imagine the heated argument!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 8:33 am

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Um, yes Malcolm scenes with Wu PLEASE! Imagine the heated argument!

If that were to happen, then I wonder if Wu unintentionally throws the big bad under the bus in some form to make himself look good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 912
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 10:12 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Um, yes Malcolm scenes with Wu PLEASE! Imagine the heated argument!

If that were to happen, then I wonder if Wu unintentionally throws the big bad under the bus in some form to make himself look good.

Ditto to both of these points; frankly the potential for intriguing dialogue and the opportunity for characters to hopefully discuss the thematic conceits of the series is too good to pass up! For once, this would be a moment of "fanservice" that would actually flow naturally from the kind of story that this is likely to be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 496
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 11:13 am

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Um, yes Malcolm scenes with Wu PLEASE! Imagine the heated argument!

That could be an amazing scene. Maybe the best scene of pure dialogue the franchise has seen since the lunch scene from the first film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 12:19 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Um, yes Malcolm scenes with Wu PLEASE! Imagine the heated argument!
Uh what about NO?

I don't want Wu to be made dumb with poor arguments just so Malcolm wins the debate and everyone have an orgasm.  Rolling Eyes

Because it's OBVIOUS they are going to  tone down one side (guess what side) just to make the MIGHT Malcolm the winner because uh he is like god and has all the knowledge and can't be wrong a single time.  Rolling Eyes

So yeah, I don't want Wu and Malcolm together because I know they are going to ruin it. 

It would be perfect IF they made both sides with strong arguments and different views over a subject with no real winner, but leave the audience and fans to pick a side and discuss what is more right to do.

Something like this: Malcolm has the ethic/moral side, and Wu is the voice of science.

Instead, this is what some people think:

Wu: Look, sometimes in science we need to cross ethics to make science. That doesn't mean we are evil. Most people don't know how science works and start to trash talk over something they don't know."

Malcolm: "UH CHAOS. That's why you are wrong. The end. "*insert futile joke here to make everyone laugh*

GA: "OMG LOLOLOLOL MALCOLM WINS! SO AWESOME"

Rolling Eyes
NO is NO. Bad idea.

Quote :
If that were to happen, then I wonder if Wu unintentionally throws the big bad under the bus in some form to make himself look good.

He doesn't need to make himself look good. He says the truth whetever people like it or not. The hard truth people don't want to accept.


Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Sat May 13, 2017 12:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Mistral wrote:
Regardless, I couldn't resist making this one :p


Lol at the King Kong part
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 889
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 12:47 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Um, yes Malcolm scenes with Wu PLEASE! Imagine the heated argument!
Uh what about NO?

I don't want Wu to be made dumb with poor arguments just so Malcolm wins the debate and everyone have an orgasm.  Rolling Eyes

Because it's OBVIOUS they are going to  tone down one side (guess what side) just to make the MIGHT Malcolm the winner because uh he is like god and has all the knowledge and can't be wrong a single time.  Rolling Eyes

So yeah, I don't want Wu and Malcolm together because I know they are going to ruin it. 

It would be perfect IF they made both sides with strong arguments and different views over a subject with no real winner, but leave the audience and fans to pick a side and discuss what is more right to do.

Something like this: Malcolm has the ethic/moral side, and Wu is the voice of science.

Instead, this is what some people think:

Wu: Look, sometimes in science we need to cross ethics to make science. That doesn't mean we are evil. Most people don't know how science works and start to trash talk over something they don't know."

Malcolm: "UH CHAOS. That's why you are wrong. The end. "*insert futile joke here to make everyone laugh*

GA: "OMG LOLOLOLOL MALCOLM WINS! SO AWESOME"

Rolling Eyes
NO is NO. Bad idea.

Quote :
If that were to happen, then I wonder if Wu unintentionally throws the big bad under the bus in some form to make himself look good.

He doesn't need to make himself look good. He says the truth whetever people like it or not. The hard truth people don't want to accept.

Well I do wonder. Like Malcolms whole 'life will find a way' thing is a slam at Wu. So maybe Wu gets his revenge in this movie by saying "yes but I can control them. Step aside and Trust in nature? NOTHING IN JURASSIC WORLD IS NATURAL. Life will find a way? Nope. I can control it still. Life will find MY WAY."

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 1:00 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Um, yes Malcolm scenes with Wu PLEASE! Imagine the heated argument!
Uh what about NO?


Because it's OBVIOUS they are going to tone down one side (guess what side) just to make the MIGHT Malcolm the winner because uh he is like god and has all the knowledge and can't be wrong a single time.  Rolling Eyes

So yeah, I don't want Wu and Malcolm together because I know they are going to ruin it. 

It would be perfect IF they made both sides with strong arguments and different views over a subject with no real winner, but leave the audience and fans to pick a side and discuss what is more right to do.

Something like this: Malcolm has the ethic/moral side, and Wu is the voice of science.

Instead, this is what some people think:

Wu: Look, sometimes in science we need to cross ethics to make science. That doesn't mean we are evil. Most people don't know how science works and start to trash talk over something they don't know."

Malcolm: "UH CHAOS. That's why you are wrong. The end. "*insert futile joke here to make everyone laugh*

GA: "OMG LOLOLOLOL MALCOLM WINS! SO AWESOME"

Rolling Eyes
NO is NO. Bad idea.

Quote :
If that were to happen, then I wonder if Wu unintentionally throws the big bad under the bus in some form to make himself look good.

He doesn't need to make himself look good. He says the truth whetever people like it or not. The hard truth people don't want to accept.

Truth to you, anyway. Haven't you considered that Wu has so much power that he can't realize what he's doing or that he's being controlled?

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Well I do wonder. Like Malcolms whole 'life will find a way' thing is a slam at Wu. So maybe Wu gets his revenge in this movie by saying "yes but I can control them. Step aside and Trust in nature? NOTHING IN JURASSIC WORLD IS NATURAL. Life will find a way? Nope. I can control it still. Life will find MY WAY."

This would be the best way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 1:09 pm

I never saw that as a slam to him. I think even he agrees that Life finds a way. But should that be an obstacle against science? Or any research? NOPE.

"Truth to you."

No, truth is truth, accepting you or not. See? You just proved my point. Conforting lies are more accepted by the general population than truth. Smile

But if you find this argument valid, I will say the same to you guys when you come with "Malcolm says the truth."  Rolling Eyes


Wu is controlled? By who?  scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I never saw that as a slam to him. I think even he agrees that Life finds a way. But should that be an obstacle against science? Or any research? NOPE.

"Truth to you."

No, truth is truth, accepting you or not. See? You just proved my point. Conforting lies are more accepted by the general population than truth. Smile

But if you find this argument valid, I will say the same to you guys when you come with "Malcolm says the truth."  Rolling Eyes

There may be some relative truths, but absolute truths also exist and they exist. That's just hard fact. What Wu is doing goes against what man should go. The fact the he made I. rex, a living biological weapon, is more then enough proof of that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 869
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 1:48 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I never saw that as a slam to him. I think even he agrees that Life finds a way. But should that be an obstacle against science? Or any research? NOPE.

"Truth to you."

No, truth is truth, accepting you or not. See? You just proved my point. Conforting lies are more accepted by the general population than truth. Smile

But if you find this argument valid, I will say the same to you guys when you come with "Malcolm says the truth."  Rolling Eyes

There may be some relative truths, but absolute truths also exist and they exist. That's just hard fact. What Wu is doing goes against what man should go. The fact the he made I. rex, a living biological weapon, is more then enough proof of that.

"Goes against what man should go"


Define this, please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   Sat May 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I never saw that as a slam to him. I think even he agrees that Life finds a way. But should that be an obstacle against science? Or any research? NOPE.

"Truth to you."

No, truth is truth, accepting you or not. See? You just proved my point. Conforting lies are more accepted by the general population than truth. Smile

But if you find this argument valid, I will say the same to you guys when you come with "Malcolm says the truth."  Rolling Eyes

There may be some relative truths, but absolute truths also exist and they exist. That's just hard fact. What Wu is doing goes against what man should go. The fact the he made I. rex, a living biological weapon, is more then enough proof of that.

"Goes against what man should go"


Define this, please.


Was man ever supposed to bring back dinosaurs for the sake of a theme park, let alone turn them into biological weapons? No, but Wu did all that anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   

Back to top Go down
 
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List
» General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3
» Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
» Jurassic Park Builder/Jurassic World The Game Thread
» Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Speculation Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom News-
Jump to: