Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Side note:

The term "anti-science" is really bugging me. I'm pretty damn sure that nobody on this board is "anti-science". In this context, using the term "anti-science" only serves as a blanket term to try and undermine the other side of the debate without actually providing an argument, and instead relating the other sides POV to the dogma that the hyper-religious far right types tend to spew.

In essence, it's an ad hominem.
But I'm not calling anyone anti-science here. I said Malcolm's line sometimes are. There's no ad hominem in this, as I put a lot of arguments to prove WHY it's anti-science.

Literally the only thing I would have changed about any of Malcolm's dialogue is adding the word "can" to his line about discovery being a "violent, penatrative act".

Other than that, I don't think any of his dialogue can simply be brushed aside and labeled as "anti-science".

You yourself stated that science is neutral, which I would agree with, and I'm sure Malcolm would agree with as well. The people that wield this power? Different story.

"Genetic power is the most awesome force the planet has ever seen, but you wield it like a kid that's found his dad's gun."

Certainly doesn't sound like "anti-science" to me. More so, it sounds like a man that simply doesn't have enough faith in mankind as a species to wield that power responsibly, to which I would agree with.
Well, that line about genetic power and the dad's gun isn't anti-science. I agree with it, because as I said science in the wrong hands turn out into a disaster. Yeah, science is neutral. It's amoral.

I think that and Ellie's lines about the "power of this place" in the ice cream scene are pretty much right into the point. It's too much power, it's amazing, but it can also own your mind.

But the "discovery" line still sounds too far IMO. Compare discovery as a whole (because if he didn't mean that, he would say "This discovery" or something like that) to rape is absurd. I can only imagine him saying that to the greatest genius people that existed in all humanity story...In this line he's basically comparing the entire goal of the scientific process ( comparing all of science itself)  to one of the most heinous crimes possible: rape. He wanted to paint science as something negative here.

I think it was assumed that he meant within the context of the situation.

Yeah but I understand it in a general way. Anyway, I'm glad everything is fine and everybody is talking about this subject in a healthy way. I'm loving this.  Very Happy

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 5:03 pm

Perhaps this debate needs its own separate thread? I can't imagine what a person that isn't on here as often as us would think if he came into this thread expecting some new JW2 news, only to find a massive debate.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun May 14, 2017 7:29 pm

Love the discussion at hand going on guys, thanks for organising and calming down a tad. Just remember to keep it cool guys, thanks heaps.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 5:46 pm

We have a bodyguard of some sort cast...

https://twitter.com/RaptorChaser17/status/864534455293267968

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 7:52 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I wonder who he will be protecting. That one guy who's Hammond's old friend or the puppetmaster behind Wu and Hoskins.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 8:28 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I wonder who he will be protecting. That one guy who's Hammond's old friend or the puppetmaster behind Wu and Hoskins.
It comes to my mind they are probably the same person.  Wink

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 8:35 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

It comes to my mind they are probably the same person.  Wink

I'd like to see somebody else be the puppetmaster. A female. After all we've had female dinosaur villains-The Big One and I. rex-so having a human female villain would be a breath of fresh air.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 8:42 pm

Some new pix of the bunker/tunnel sets at Kualoa Ranch on Oahu :

https://www.facebook.com/ReelNewsHawaii/
Cool
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 9:04 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Some new pix of the bunker/tunnel sets at Kualoa Ranch on Oahu :

https://www.facebook.com/ReelNewsHawaii/
Cool

We know that the first bunker was for gyrospheres. These new ones are interesting. It kind of has a Cold War nuke shelter fell. I still can't help but wonder if at least some of these have been converted to secret labs.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 7:08 pm

https://twitter.com/queenofnublar/status/864910584910942208

We have a "park visitor" cast.

They wouldn't actually put yet another park in the franchise, right?

Maybe a flashback?

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Maybe a flashback?

Hmm... scratch
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 7:36 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Maybe a flashback?

Omg!

Perhaps someone who visited JW gets interviewed about their experiences at the park and what should be done with the animals ? Just a thought
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 7:48 pm

I love the freaking out about "another park" on Twitter xD

Yeah, I'm sure we're going to get yet another film about a park lol.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2017 8:01 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I love the freaking out about "another park" on Twitter xD

Yeah, I'm sure we're going to get yet another film about a park lol.

Especially since Trevorrow made it clear that setting the sequel in another functioning theme park would not only be repetitive but that would get stale fast. Plus all the concrete evidence we've seen from photos and interviews suggests a unique location from either of the Nublar parks.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 2:23 am

There is a leaked photo circulating among fans of the T-Rex animatronic from the film. I haven't seen it but was told it exists.
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 5:41 am

About this recent leak (a bit late to the party here, not been on the site for a couple of weeks), I think we should remember that even though it sounds a bit ridicilous, it could turn out much better. I remember when major plot details about Jurassic World first leaked, it said that there would be "good-guy dinos and bad-guy dinos and lots of dinosaur-on-dinosaur fighting". How lame does that sound for a Jurassic Park movie? Pretty lame. Granted, JW wasn't great, but from it was a far cry from what we imagined in our heads with that leak. I think with Bayona directing and the movie being a lot darker (we even have confirmed reports of a scene at night, with rain and lightning) this could turn out to be very interesting. I personally can't wait for the trailer (around November, I suppose?). That will be the first real indication of what this movie will be like.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 6:08 am

Watch as they turn out to be playing visitors to a normal park. Like, not even a zoo.
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 7:12 am

We have ONE park visitor. Isn't an inteview or something similar more likely? I doubt a new park would have ONE visitor. That would be pretty sad. I have no idea what the context is, but I feel confident in this film.

EDIT: That would actually be pretty hilarious. "Rajeev Pahuja Plays the new park's visitor. Public interest in another park fell dramatically after the events at Jurassic World".
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 11:22 am

dance2nite wrote:
There is a leaked photo circulating among fans of the T-Rex animatronic from the film. I haven't seen it but was told it exists.

Ok, you've got my attention...

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 1:35 pm

dance2nite wrote:

May I ask where you were told this?
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 1:52 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

From some people speculation I've heard about, it's a puppet like the Stegosaurus, not an animatronic.

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Thu May 18, 2017 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Also (Spoiler alert) :
Spoiler:

& yes the T-Rex is apparently a puppet (created by Neal Scanlan's creature workshop).
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 7:11 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

It's actually a puppet like the Stegosaurus, not an animatronic.

dance2nite wrote:
Also (Spoiler alert) :
Spoiler:

& yes the T-Rex is apparently a puppet (created by Neal Scanlan's creature workshop).

Are we talking about this?

https://twitter.com/reelnewshawaii/status/865313629750652931

If not, anybody wanna point me in the general direction of this Rex pic?

Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 7:31 pm

What if he was a visitor who stayed behind and lived there for two years?

Also T. rex puppet pics or it didn't happen. Razz
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 7:49 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
What if he was a visitor who stayed behind and lived there for two years?

Also T. rex puppet pics or it didn't happen. Razz
If this pic actually exists, people aren't going to share it thanks to the idiots telling Universal about the leaks. We have to wait and see latter if it's true or not.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:07 pm

Yeah, I'm guessing someone is just talking out of their ass. If there was a Rex leak, it would be showing up somewhere.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:13 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Yeah, I'm guessing someone is just talking out of their ass. If there was a Rex leak, it would be showing up somewhere.
Yep, I still doubt it exists too. Someone already sent me a PM here (new member baryonyx7) asking about it too.  Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:21 pm

1 - pic is true, but it's not an animatronic. It's very likely to be a puppet, although it looks better than the previous dinosaurs.

2 -
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Dude, ok, do you have it? Could you please PM me?
Back to top Go down
Pachyrhinosaurus
Hatchling
Hatchling
Pachyrhinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:27 pm

I really got excited for the rex picture there.

dance2nite wrote:
Also (Spoiler alert) :
Spoiler:

Good news to me I hope it means we won't be seeing any more
Spoiler:
in the franchise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 19 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26 ... 34  Next