Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 10:55 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Robotpo wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Robotpo wrote:
Regarding the supposed synopsis - you really can't talk about having story information about the new movie and expect people not to be curious.

So, IF the reputed rumors are true, then they're really just redoing TLW by way of the novel Carnosaur.

https://www.amazon.com/Carnosaur-Harry-Adam-Knight/dp/0352314478/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1495731578&sr=1-1&keywords=carnosaur

Disappointing. Ah, well, at least Malcolm's in it.
How is that disappointing? Carnosaur novel is amazing!

About Malcolm, I knew this was only a move to hype people for this movie. As time passes I confirm my theories.

My point was that it's still a redo of TLW rather than something new. And Carnosaur is already close in concept to the original JP, only pulpy as opposed to steeped in actual science.

As for Malcolm - he's my favorite character, so yeah, I'm excited he's going to be back on the big screen. A lot of people like Malcolm and are going to be happy he's back.
Oh the TLW redo I fully agree with you. Sure there'll be some changes, but it'll be basically a version 2.0 of it. Don't know how to feel about it, maybe it can work out fine.

About Malcolm, yep, a lot of people like him, including non fans, that's why his character has the power to push this movie and also make people forget about some plot holes (my biggest fear), while I love him, I was very skeptical and against his return, now I'm fine with it, I think they can put him in the movie without being forced cameo.

I also hope they use his character organically. I do worry a bit about how Trevorrow and Connolly approach his character, as he was always written by Koepp previously, so hopefully they'll use him well and get him right.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I heard a Jurassic Outpost podcast where Chris told about something he would love to see, basically a book prequel of JW and all that happened between JP and JW, told by a character POV.
*cough* Malcolm's book please *cough*

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 11:17 pm

Océane wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I heard a Jurassic Outpost podcast where Chris told about something he would love to see, basically a book prequel of JW and all that happened between JP and JW, told by a character POV.
*cough* Malcolm's book please *cough*
No. He actually wanted to see a new vision we didn't see from, instead of Ian Malcolm, someone that knew everything about InGen, Hammond and Lockwood's relationship and all that. A new POV we didn't get to see in the movies. I don't even need to say more, I loved the idea and you guys know why. Laughing

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 11:29 pm

The only way we're going to see any of that POV is in a flashback alien covenant style tbh. We aren't getting any prequel movie.

Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 2:06 am

Rather get a comic or novel than a prequel movie.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 2:10 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Rather get a comic or novel than a prequel movie.

a new comic was announced last comic con but so far there has not been any news on it.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 5:37 am

I don't ever want to see a prequel. I don't want to see the plot unfold, which would be as follows:
"Woah, Hammond made a mistake! The dinosaurs escaped! Guess we'll have to round 'em up. A few bumps in the road, involving people and incidents that will remain awkwardly unmentioned and entirely inconsequential in a few months, but we did it! The park is ready for focus testing! WINK, WINK....... WINKETY-WINK!!!!!"

Just no. God no.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 12:29 pm

Really?  Laughing

I bet my ass if I said Chris wanted a prequel told by Malcolm's POV or a Malcolm book everyone would have an orgasm.  Rolling Eyes

I wanna see a prequel novel/comic because THERE ARE LOTS of stuff we need to know, there's a big story behind all the movies and I wanna see it. As Chris said in his podcast: "Go into the science and mythos". Yep. I wanna see it. I want to know more and see JP Universe expanded.

And I never said I wanted a movie prequel, but rather a novel.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 2:17 pm

I'd like a prequel that goes very Crichton-esque, and deals with the early cloning attempts, industrial espionage, the lives of the characters involved, dealing with islands full of dinosaurs, ETC.

Or a spin-off involving prehistoric mammals - there are some wonderfully weird and cool creatures from that era.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 3:00 pm

^^ that would be cool, but it does not seem to warrant a movie. Hopefully that comic is still a thing being made
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Really?  Laughing

I bet my ass if I said Chris wanted a prequel told by Malcolm's POV or a Malcolm book everyone would have an orgasm.  Rolling Eyes

I wanna see a prequel novel/comic because THERE ARE LOTS of stuff we need to know, there's a big story behind all the movies and I wanna see it. As Chris said in his podcast: "Go into the science and mythos". Yep. I wanna see it. I want to know more and see JP Universe expanded.

And I never said I wanted a movie prequel, but rather a novel.

Im just saying a lot of people see Outpost as having power over universal creative for some reason when I guarantee you that Universal honestly doesnt care as much.

I say again. Where is that Jurassic World comic we were promised a year ago? *crickets*

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 5:12 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Really?  Laughing

Saying stuff like this is what causes conflict. Can we not have indirect shots taken at people that are fans of Malcolm please? I guarantee you if people were bashing Wu you'd fly off the handle. Please, let's try not to go too farther with that.

Anyways, I dont know how much of it has been brought back up, but someone recently asked on Twitter if they were going to rehash the whole Rex vs Spino rematch, I'm sure the kid who was begging Colin during the last movie is currently begging Bayona to add an unneeded scene into this film as we speak.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 5:15 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Really? Laughing

I bet my ass if I said Chris wanted a prequel told by Malcolm's POV or a Malcolm book everyone would have an orgasm. Rolling Eyes

Saying stuff like this is what causes conflict. Can we not have indirect shots taken at people that are fans of Malcolm please? I guarantee you if people were bashing Wu you'd fly off the handle. Please, let's try not to go too farther with that.

^^Agreed, you've really become more vulgar then usual. This isn't The Howard Stern Show or South Park.

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Im just saying a lot of people see Outpost as having power over universal creative for some reason when I guarantee you that Universal honestly doesnt care as much.

I say again. Where is that Jurassic World comic we were promised a year ago? *crickets*

I would take that as as sign that Universal doesn't truly care about the JP franchise or that after TLW, they somehow became too stupid to know the amount of potential it really has.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 5:45 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Really?  Laughing

Anyways, I dont know how much of it has been brought back up, but someone recently asked on Twitter if they were going to rehash the whole Rex vs Spino rematch, I'm sure the kid who was begging Colin during the last movie is currently begging Bayona to add an unneeded scene into this film as we speak.
I wasn't throwing shots at anyone, just stating something. But okay, I'll cool down and stop.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 5:49 pm

What may not be a shot by you could be taken as something rude by someone else lol. Considering the conversations have at times gotten heated when it came to that topic, best to nip it before it started up again lol. Thank you for understanding!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 5:55 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

I'm pretty sure who that person is. He was perma-banned on JPL and is on Outpost. (I don't have an account there, but that person does.) As long as Jack Horner is the paleo-expert, then I don't think we'll get it. Not unless JW2/JP6 gets a director that fires-or at least demotes-him.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Fri May 26, 2017 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 6:16 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

I'm pretty sure who that person is. He was perma-banned on JPL and is on Outpost. (I don't have an account there, but that person does.) As long as Jack Horner is the paleo-expert, then I don't think we'll get it. Not unless JW2/JP6 gets a director that fires him.

This person claimed to be against the rematch but he was curious to what we felt about it. I'm surprised RR is still hanging around JP sites TBH.

Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 6:29 pm

http://jurassicoutpost.com/new-photos-show-jurassic-world-2-filming-airfield/

Anyone else see these pics? Hope we get a better look at the cast soon (in costume)
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 6:35 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
I'm surprised RR is still hanging around JP sites TBH.

He hasn't been permabanned from Outpost yet, but he has a -2 reputation.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 7:09 pm

Yeah, I got into it with him on outpost. Still the exact same way of thing as he had on JPL.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 7:13 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Yeah, I got into it with him on outpost. Still the exact same way of thing as he had on JPL.

I saw that. I'm amazed that he hasn't been banned yet.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 7:20 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
What may not be a shot by you could be taken as something rude by someone else lol. Considering the conversations have at times gotten heated when it came to that topic, best to nip it before it started up again lol. Thank you for understanding!
It's okay. I'm just a crazy guy sometimes.  Razz

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Makes me wonder if it really was indeed the dude on Twitter that was sending that stupid petition to Colin every single day until he was forced to reply to it.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 9:17 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Makes me wonder if it really was indeed the dude on Twitter that was sending that stupid petition to Colin every single day until he was forced to reply to it.

I'm pretty sure it was. Didn't he have Colin's tweet (or at least a link to it) in his sig at one point?

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 11:14 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was. Didn't he have Colin's tweet (or at least a link to it) in his sig at one point?
What did Colin say to that dude?
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeFri May 26, 2017 11:53 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

What did Colin say to that dude?

I think it was something along the lines of "I hear you" or something. Basically giving the dude some false hope so he'd shut up.

Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 1:28 am

His words were "Noted, my friend." or something like this.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12945239/1/Jurassic-World

https://archiveofourown.org/works/20436878
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 8:18 am

What stupid petition?
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 11:25 am

Mistral wrote:
What stupid petition?

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/

This insanely stupid petition.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 11:42 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Mistral wrote:
What stupid petition?

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/

This insanely stupid petition.

Lol thanks for the laughs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 27 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 26 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 30 ... 34  Next