Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 1:58 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Ugh...

Hey, how about that Jurassic World 2?

That's an interesting thought coming from a man who was eager of discussing of Spino-hybrid-retcon thingy and rights negotiations for the future of the franchise on this very thread for the last few pages =) but hmm yes, you have something to say about JW2 or news about it? Speak up then.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:03 pm

If people honestly still think the CGI in Jurassic World was extremely terrible, you're setting your expectations for what a computer generated animal is supposed to look like, or human for that matter, way too high.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:04 pm

Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Ugh...

That's an interesting thought coming from a man who was eager of discussing of Spino-hybrid-retcon thingy and rights negotiations for the future of the franchise on this very thread for the last few pages =) but hmm yes, you have something to say about JW2 or news about it? Speak up then.

Keep on dangling your line...

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:05 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Ugh...

Keep on dangling your line...

What line?

Dead2009 wrote:
If people honestly still think the CGI in Jurassic World was extremely terrible, you're setting your expectations for what a computer generated animal is supposed to look like, or human for that matter, way too high.

I liked them fine in the first two films, and partly in the third one, 15-25 years ago, so no I don't think my expectations are too high.

Once again it's all subjective, not objective.

Last edited by Mistral on Mon May 29, 2017 2:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Anyways, getting back to JW2...

Daniella said something interesting regarding the Rex. Someone asked her on Twitter whether or not the Rex would have a bigger role in JW2. She said, and I quote.... "Yes...and no".

Just being coy and not wanting to let the cat out of the bag, or does it mean something?

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:15 pm

Take it to another thread or make a new one if you wanna compare CGI. Focus on the topic at hand por favor.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:19 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Anyways, getting back to JW2...

Daniella said something interesting regarding the Rex. Someone asked her on Twitter whether or not the Rex would have a bigger role in JW2. She said, and I quote.... "Yes...and no".

Just being coy and not wanting to let the cat out of the bag, or does it mean something?

It means "I cant tell you"  Razz

Back to top Go down
The Beeg One
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 4:23 pm

It might mean that Tyrannosaurs in general have a larger role, but Rexy as an individual has a smaller role.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 4:28 pm

^That is really interesting, I kind of like that Idea

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:02 pm

The Beeg One wrote:
It might mean that Tyrannosaurs in general have a larger role, but Rexy as an individual has a smaller role.

That would be perfect.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:14 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
The Beeg One wrote:

That would be perfect.

Maybe they'll talk about the ones on Sorna and at least one of the other islands. That or they've finally managed to make purebred T. rexes or new ones with eagle/hawk DNA to improve their eyesight and thus, their hunting abilities.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:23 pm

The Beeg One wrote:
Ugh shitty thing to do but what to expect. That's why we don't get new dinosaurs in cool roles.
Mad

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
The Beeg One wrote:
Ugh shitty thing to do but what to expect. That's why we don't get new dinosaurs in cool roles.
Mad

I also think that most of it was because of how Universal read the negetive fan reaction to the JP3 Spino the wrong way. "Oh they don't like the Spino, so they won't like all the other exotic dinos we planned to have." Let's face it, the JP3 Spino has basically force-fed, and people don't like things being forced down their throats. That's a shame since I really think people would LOVE to see a Theriznosaurus or Deinocheirus in a JP movie for the first time.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 6:25 pm

I'd love to see another buck Tyrannosaur make an appearance. Maybe change up the color scheme a tad.

Also, there'd be more room for strange exotic dinosaurs without the hybrids......Just sayin'.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 6:30 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I'd love to see another buck Tyrannosaur make an appearance. Maybe change up the color scheme a tad.

Also, there'd be more room for strange exotic dinosaurs without the hybrids......Just sayin'.

I remember how back in JPL how you said you like the colors of the Canyon T. rex. I'd like to see that color as well. That or a modified form of it via dark blue instead of grey and have it be semi-nocturnal like owls are.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 6:51 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I remember how back in JPL how you said you like the colors of the Canyon T. rex. I'd like to see that color as well. That or a modified form of it via dark blue instead of grey and have it be semi-nocturnal like owls are.

That would be pretty sick. While I love the color scheme of the Canyon Rex, it may be a little too similar to the Indominus.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 6:56 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

That would be pretty sick. While I love the color scheme of the Canyon Rex, it may be a little too similar to the Indominus.

Then I guess we'd have to do my idea of a modified color scheme with dark/navy blue as the base color. Besides, having a semi-nocturnal predator would be a fresh take on a familiar dinosaur.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 7:05 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Then I guess we'd have to do my idea of a modified color scheme with dark/navy blue as the base color. Besides, having a semi-nocturnal predator would be a fresh take on a familiar dinosaur.

I like the idea a lot. I think giving it bright, yellow eyes would give it a nice sinister edge and at least superficially portray it as a more nocturnal animal as well.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 7:10 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I like the idea a lot. I think giving it bright, yellow eyes would give it a nice sinister edge and at least superficially portray it as a more nocturnal animal as well.

We might want to consider giving it a crocodile style 3rd eyelid. To not only protect it from swimming, but from excess sunlight when it does hunt in the day. Remember, most nocturnal animals can and do move around and hunt in daylight. Think of it as natural sunglasses.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 7:26 pm

I would love to see this on a Rex.
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Cool-animal-gifs-020

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 7:33 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I would love to see this on a Rex.
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Cool-animal-gifs-020

That would be quite scary. Not only that, but even without the eyelid, it would still have some protection against light. Remember since most nocturnal animals can move around in the day, they can still see in the light.

Guy: "Let's shine this really bright light at the nocturnal T. rexes eyes so it can be blinded." *Shines light*

Modified Canyon T. rex: "All that did was make me want to eat you more."

Guy "Oh sh *CHOMP!!! *Gets eaten*

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 7:34 pm

I would love a Buck type T.rex. I love Buck. He's the best T.rex of the franchise IMO.

What I don't want is Rexy spawning everywhere just because T.rex needs to appear in this movie.

Anyway, I'm so excited to see the new dinosaurs, also Wu's hybrid too. He's going to rock it, I'm sure of it.  Cool

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 5:28 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I would love a Buck type T.rex. I love Buck. He's the best T.rex of the franchise IMO.

What I don't want is Rexy spawning everywhere just because T.rex needs to appear in this movie.

I feel much the same way, I like seeing both male and female T. rexes, and I think it will be vital to introduce another T. rex (possibly male and young) to be more prominently featured, since age will naturally slow Rexy down.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 7:54 pm

So at least Bryce, Chris, Justice & BD are still filming in the UK this week so filming still continues there even after the wrap party...

BD did tweet this the other day so I guess he was right :

https://twitter.com/BD_WONG/status/868738088218099712

Last edited by dance2nite on Wed May 31, 2017 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 10:56 pm

Mistral wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Océane wrote:
^Better than nothing.
And to add on to the conversation about no dino footage in the teaser, we all know what happened when unfinished CGI made it into the Jurassic World Trailer. Everyone lost their sh*t because they thought it was the final product.

That's true lol. The general public had some ignorant thoughts about it, not realizing it was a completely unfinished product. And of course the leaked trailer with PS2 CGI didn't help either lol.

It was just as bad in the final product.

The only thing I liked was when the raptor heads were on those small cages and Hoskins and that friend of Owen were discussing next to them, that looked really good. Also possibly that very brief event when I-Rex was following the kids before they jumped off in the water, that looked like something that might've been from the other films. Everything else was terrible and fake looking. Same basic color palette on every dinosaur didn't help either.

Even though the (scale-of-yet-unknown) animatronics for JP5 are big relief, my fear is that if the CGI is as unconvincing as it was in JW, the separation between the two techniques will be plain as daylight.

Not that CGI in JP3 was great either, a clear downspiral from 1997 and some of it went even to direct-to-video level, but there wasn't comparatively that much of it.

Hate feedback incoming!
Even though I'm a pretty big critic of JW CGI It is certainly not just as bad as what the first trailer showed us. There was a noticeable jump in many areas. I thought the Indominus looked pretty incredible and top of the line in almost every shot. 

I think the color grading of the film might have some to do with your complaints. I wish I had saved the video but someone had edited the film on Reddit to not have such a blue tint to it, and I was pretty stunned at the difference.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 1:13 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Océane wrote:
^Better than nothing.
And to add on to the conversation about no dino footage in the teaser, we all know what happened when unfinished CGI made it into the Jurassic World Trailer. Everyone lost their sh*t because they thought it was the final product.

That's true lol. The general public had some ignorant thoughts about it, not realizing it was a completely unfinished product. And of course the leaked trailer with PS2 CGI didn't help either lol.

It was just as bad in the final product.

The only thing I liked was when the raptor heads were on those small cages and Hoskins and that friend of Owen were discussing next to them, that looked really good. Also possibly that very brief event when I-Rex was following the kids before they jumped off in the water, that looked like something that might've been from the other films. Everything else was terrible and fake looking. Same basic color palette on every dinosaur didn't help either.

Even though the (scale-of-yet-unknown) animatronics for JP5 are big relief, my fear is that if the CGI is as unconvincing as it was in JW, the separation between the two techniques will be plain as daylight.

Not that CGI in JP3 was great either, a clear downspiral from 1997 and some of it went even to direct-to-video level, but there wasn't comparatively that much of it.

Hate feedback incoming!
Even though I'm a pretty big critic of JW CGI It is certainly not just as bad as what the first trailer showed us. There was a noticeable jump in many areas. I thought the Indominus looked pretty incredible and top of the line in almost every shot. 

I think the color grading of the film might have some to do with your complaints. I wish I had saved the video but someone had edited the film on Reddit to not have such a blue tint to it, and I was pretty stunned at the difference.
I hope you find that video, because i really interested to see what the film would of looked like without the tint
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 1:14 am

I remember seeing some pics of JW without that Blueish tint, and the difference was pretty jarring.

I did find this on reddit. The pics are from the first trailer, but still, you can see the difference. It's not much, but the Mosa and in particular the raptors look a lot more organic without the blue tint.

https://imgur.com/a/Qs0bg#0

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 2:44 am

First Jurassic Vehicle spotted on set in Hawaii getting ready for filming next week :

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUvfH1lgEa0/
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 11:50 am

Surprised no one posted this: https://twitter.com/reelnewshawaii/status/868570273074733056/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fio9.gizmodo.com%2Fajax%2Finset%2Fiframe%3Fid%3Dtwitter-868570273074733056%26autosize%3D1

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 3:07 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I remember seeing some pics of JW without that Blueish tint, and the difference was pretty jarring.

I did find this on reddit. The pics are from the first trailer, but still, you can see the difference. It's not much, but the Mosa and in particular the raptors look a lot more organic without the blue tint.

https://imgur.com/a/Qs0bg#0
Thanks! Pretty much this. 

I really wish I had saved the video because the color was even better and he had whole scenes you could watch. The difference is big.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 29 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34  Next