Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 Film Surveys

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1258
Points : 1893
Reputation : 20
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Film Surveys   Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:49 pm

I saw this on another forum but it was relegated to Disney films, for this variation everything is eligible.

Film you Love -
Film you Cherish -
Film that's your Guilty Pleasure -
Film you feel is Underrated -
Film you feel is Overrated -
Film you Hate -

_________________________________________________________


Film you Love - Jurassic Park
Film you Cherish - Resident Evil
Film that's your Guilty Pleasure - Final Destination
Film you feel is Underrated - Doom
Film you feel is Overrated - Twilight
Film you Hate - Hide and Seek

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth (1992).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: NBA Live 18 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3136
Points : 3781
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Love-Jurassic Park
Cherish-The original 1925 version of 'The Lost World', by Image Entertainment (that one has the most footage)
Guilty Pleasure/It's so bad, it's good-Super Mario Bro.
Underrated-Balto
Overrated-The entire F&F movie series
Hate-Tie between JP3 and American Beauty
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 941
Points : 1522
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:05 am

Film you Love - Jurassic Park/The Lord of the Rings
Film you Cherish - The Lion King
Film that's your Guilty Pleasure - Congo
Film you feel is Underrated - Mighty Joe Young
Film you feel is Overrated - Guardians of the Galaxy
Film you Hate - Maleficent

I'm not entirely sure what the distinction between "love" and "cherish" is, so in my mind the distinction is made in having the "cherish" section being a film that's both nostalgic and something that has affected me on a personal level, or in times of emotional unrest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:05 pm

I removed the cherished one altogether because the criteria is confusing and it crosses over. However, I did add TV  Razz for underrated and overrated, there are of course billion alternatives and if you asked tomorrow I might bring up another option, but let's stick with these.

Film you Love - Jurassic Park (1993)
Film that's your Guilty Pleasure - Vixen (1968)
Film you feel is Underrated - The Burbs (1989)
Film you feel is Overrated - The Dark Knight (2008)
Film you Hate - Timeline (2003)

Series you Love - MLP FIM
Series that's your Guilty Pleasure - Divergence Eve / Misaki Chronicles (same series, the two seasons just have different names)
Series you feel is Underrated - Arctic Air
Series you feel is Overrated - The Big Bang Theory
Series you Hate - Stargate Universe
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 941
Points : 1522
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:35 pm

@Mistral wrote:

Series you Love - MLP FIM
Series that's your Guilty Pleasure - Divergence Eve / Misaki Chronicles (same series, the two seasons just have different names)
Series you feel is Underrated - Arctic Air
Series you feel is Overrated - The Big Bang Theory
Series you Hate - Stargate Universe

I thought I'd play along with the new stipulations on TV shows, sounds like fun!

Series you Love - Gravity Falls
Series that's your Guilty Pleasure - Merlin (BBC show, really amusing and had good heart)
Series you feel is Underrated - The Last Kingdom
Series you feel is Overrated - Game of Thrones (used to be a favourite, but it's gone downhill in my eyes)
Series you Hate - Camelot (2011 fantasy drama, and major botch up of Arthurian mythology)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:48 pm

Oh, you love Gravity Falls too? Awesome Razz cheers

I hope Alex Hirsch returns some day, maybe in five years or something, to make some "specials" like he has hypothesized of maybe doing, but in any case I'm glad he managed to bring the entire story arc neatly together in the 2 season run. Admittedly it was borderline frustrating how Disney placed the episodes here and there months and months away from each other.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 941
Points : 1522
Reputation : 30
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:16 pm

@Mistral wrote:
Oh, you love Gravity Falls too? Awesome Razz cheers

I hope Alex Hirsch returns some day, maybe in five years or something, to make some "specials" like he has hypothesized of maybe doing, but in any case I'm glad he managed to bring the entire story arc neatly together in the 2 season run. Admittedly it was borderline frustrating how Disney placed the episodes here and there months and months away from each other.

I think most people would say that the two seasons we got were perfect and nigh sacrosanct, so adding to that in a whole other season could sully that beloved self-contained entity. However, I would like to see Hirsch make a series of 30 minute, self-contained, individual televised "specials" that depict the characters' lives after the events in the show, those have the potential to be very funny and charming, a bit like the Wallace & Gromit shorts in the UK, or the Toy Story shorts. To me, the potential is there if the crew and cast (no spoilers for those who haven't seen the show or its ending!), should they want to return.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:24 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
Oh, you love Gravity Falls too? Awesome Razz cheers

I hope Alex Hirsch returns some day, maybe in five years or something, to make some "specials" like he has hypothesized of maybe doing, but in any case I'm glad he managed to bring the entire story arc neatly together in the 2 season run. Admittedly it was borderline frustrating how Disney placed the episodes here and there months and months away from each other.

I think most people would say that the two seasons we got were perfect and nigh sacrosanct, so adding to that in a whole other season could sully that beloved self-contained entity. However, I would like to see Hirsch make a series of 30 minute, self-contained, individual televised "specials" that depict the characters' lives after the events in the show, those have the potential to be very funny and charming, a bit like the Wallace & Gromit shorts in the UK, or the Toy Story shorts. To me, the potential is there if the crew and cast (no spoilers for those who haven't seen the show or its ending!), should they want to return.

Spoiler:
 

I don't think anyone thinks another whole season is to ever happen again. Not Hirsch, who clearly has given it everything he got. Not audiences either. And Disney, even if they ever wanted another one, I'm not sure they were particularly satisfied with season 2 rating to grant another run. And Hirsch wouldn't agree to fully return anyway, and without him it'd be no-go. He's not there for cash, but for the artistic value of the show. I really respect him for that.

Those potential 'specials' would be one off(s) me thinks. Dipper and Mabel in their teens / early adulthood, returning to GF and meeting everybody else grown up and aged, would be neat. Maybe Dipper would finally have a chance with Wendy lol Laughing

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1096
Points : 1676
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:59 pm

Film I love: Jurassic Park

Film I cherish: Harry Potter 3/ children of men (tie) 

Guilty pleasure: Freddy Vs Jason and Jurassic park 3. 

Underrated: Artificial intelligence and war of the worlds(remake).

Overrated: The Dark Knight. I like that movie a lot. But my problem with Nolan's films is that I didn't care at all about the the Bat himself. Just the villains. 

Film I hate: The Godfather(I'm serious). 


I could make a big list for each category and keep going. But that's off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1096
Points : 1676
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:11 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Mistral wrote:

Series you Love - MLP FIM
Series that's your Guilty Pleasure - Divergence Eve / Misaki Chronicles (same series, the two seasons just have different names)
Series you feel is Underrated - Arctic Air
Series you feel is Overrated - The Big Bang Theory
Series you Hate - Stargate Universe

I thought I'd play along with the new stipulations on TV shows, sounds like fun!

Series you Love - Gravity Falls
Series that's your Guilty Pleasure - Merlin (BBC show, really amusing and had good heart)
Series you feel is Underrated - The Last Kingdom
Series you feel is Overrated - Game of Thrones (used to be a favourite, but it's gone downhill in my eyes)
Series you Hate - Camelot (2011 fantasy drama, and major botch up of Arthurian mythology)

Yeah this does sound fun! 

Love: Game of thrones(first 4 seasons).

The walking dead. It's awful but 7 years of my life has been sunk in and I'm attached to the characters. I have to see it through. So bring on another 7 years! 

Guilty pleasure: True blood (liked the first 2 seasons but went down hill FAST, continued to watch till end lol) 

Overrated: Game of thrones(season 5-6). Stranger things was good but I did not find it to be the second coming of Christ as my fellow Netflix users did. The sopranos and breaking bad(both great shows I'm sure, but these crime/mob stories really aren't for me.)

Underrated: this is kind of hard for me as I don't watch that much TV. I'm more at home in films. But I'm going to say Westworld and The Strain.

Imo Westworld is underrated because I think it blew GOT S6 out of the water and people kind of still ignored it and raved about thrones. The strain is honestly a fun little show that isn't really great. Tons of it is bad. But I most certainly don't think it's any worse than the walking dead. Atleast it's not padded out and will be ending in its 4th season. I also find the villains and creatures far more compelling than Rick running into a different gang every few years and the same walkers over and over again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:17 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
Guilty pleasure: True blood (liked the first 2 seasons but went down hill FAST, continued to watch till end lol) 

Ah, True Blood. Once heralded the greatest thing on television, now forgotten by everyone. I don't think many would rank it even in top 10 HBO shows anymore. How the great have fallen.

In the history of television, has there even been so drastic drop in quality, than between seasons 2 and 3 of True Blood? I mean 1 and 2 were great, truly great television, and then all of sudden season 3 turned it into total trash, sh*t soap opera drama to the grandest degree. It got to a point where none of the characters was even human anymore (except 'Andy' lol) and every cliche fairy tale was incorporated into this mess of a plot that made no sense. Still, for some reason hoping for it to become good again, I kept watching through the season, as well as season 4. But then mid way through season 5 I had to admit to myself that this is just so god damn terrible, that I can't possibly justify continuing wasting my time anymore. I just simply stopped at some episode, can't remember even which one, and never looked back. And so, I have no idea how the show ended, but frankly I don't even care. THEY RUINED IT.

Maybe the fault lies on the author who wrote the books (never read them of course), as well as the producers who kept throwing more nonsensical crap and "diversity" into it, but I guess it doesn't matter in the end who run it to the ground. This is a prime example of how to run awesome concept into total ridiculousness.

I congratulate your for finishing it though Laughing maybe you enjoyed the final seasons more
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1096
Points : 1676
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:59 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
Guilty pleasure: True blood (liked the first 2 seasons but went down hill FAST, continued to watch till end lol) 

Ah, True Blood. Once heralded the greatest thing on television, now forgotten by everyone. I don't think many would rank it even in top 10 HBO shows anymore. How the great have fallen.

In the history of television, has there even been so drastic drop in quality, than between seasons 2 and 3 of True Blood? I mean 1 and 2 were great, truly great television, and then all of sudden season 3 turned it into total trash, sh*t soap opera drama to the grandest degree. It got to a point where none of the characters was even human anymore (except 'Andy' lol) and every cliche fairy tale was incorporated into this mess of a plot that made no sense. Still, for some reason hoping for it to become good again, I kept watching through the season, as well as season 4. But then mid way through season 5 I had to admit to myself that this is just so god damn terrible, that I can't possibly justify continuing wasting my time anymore. I just simply stopped at some episode, can't remember even which one, and never looked back. And so, I have no idea how the show ended, but frankly I don't even care. THEY RUINED IT.

Maybe the fault lies on the author who wrote the books (never read them of course), as well as the producers who kept throwing more nonsensical crap and "diversity" into it, but I guess it doesn't matter in the end who run it to the ground. This is a prime example of how to run awesome concept into total ridiculousness.

I congratulate your for finishing it though Laughing maybe you enjoyed the final seasons more

I totally agree! Watching seasons 1-2 it totally felt like a show that a guy could also appreciate. It was extremely quirky and had personality that soap opera shows don't have. But all of that was thrown out after season 2. As well as any good writing. 


Yea I did finish it! Did it get better? No not really. I thought season 6 was the "best" since 2. But that's not saying much. And you don't know how it ended? Well it was a spectacular disaster of epic proportions. I can't believe people give Dexter's ending the amount of jokes and memes it gets, but not this trash(but then again you're right that people really did forget about true blood). 

Here are some highlights(lowlights)just from my memory lol. We actually had a party on the IMDB board that night to see who could make the best jokes about how awful the finale would be! Pretty fun. 

Very long but just a few points you should know. Razz

Spoiler :
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3136
Points : 3781
Reputation : 35
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:08 pm

Might as well play along.

Series you Love - Beast Wars

Series that's your Guilty Pleasure - Dragon Ball GT and Jerry Springer

Series you feel is Underrated - Godzilla: The Series and Robot Wars

Series you feel is Overrated - Modern Family

Series you Hate - Beast Machines
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:09 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
Guilty pleasure: True blood (liked the first 2 seasons but went down hill FAST, continued to watch till end lol) 

Ah, True Blood. Once heralded the greatest thing on television, now forgotten by everyone. I don't think many would rank it even in top 10 HBO shows anymore. How the great have fallen.

In the history of television, has there even been so drastic drop in quality, than between seasons 2 and 3 of True Blood? I mean 1 and 2 were great, truly great television, and then all of sudden season 3 turned it into total trash, sh*t soap opera drama to the grandest degree. It got to a point where none of the characters was even human anymore (except 'Andy' lol) and every cliche fairy tale was incorporated into this mess of a plot that made no sense. Still, for some reason hoping for it to become good again, I kept watching through the season, as well as season 4. But then mid way through season 5 I had to admit to myself that this is just so god damn terrible, that I can't possibly justify continuing wasting my time anymore. I just simply stopped at some episode, can't remember even which one, and never looked back. And so, I have no idea how the show ended, but frankly I don't even care. THEY RUINED IT.

Maybe the fault lies on the author who wrote the books (never read them of course), as well as the producers who kept throwing more nonsensical crap and "diversity" into it, but I guess it doesn't matter in the end who run it to the ground. This is a prime example of how to run awesome concept into total ridiculousness.

I congratulate your for finishing it though Laughing maybe you enjoyed the final seasons more

I totally agree! Watching seasons 1-2 it totally felt like a show that a guy could also appreciate. It was extremely quirky and had personality that soap opera shows don't have. But all of that was thrown out after season 2. As well as any good writing. 


Yea I did finish it! Did it get better? No not really. I thought season 6 was the "best" since 2. But that's not saying much. And you don't know how it ended? Well it was a spectacular disaster of epic proportions. I can't believe people give Dexter's ending the amount of jokes and memes it gets, but not this trash(but then again you're right that people really did forget about true blood). 

Here are some highlights(lowlights)just from my memory lol. We actually had a party on the IMDB board that night to see who could make the best jokes about how awful the finale would be! Pretty fun. 

Very long but just a few points you should know. Razz

Spoiler :
 

Lol yeah that does sound like 'fun' finale Laughing Like a Twilight movie. Maybe the two franchises were inspired by each other's stupidity?

Did they ever turn Andy into vampire or werewolf or panther or fairy or witch or shapeshifter or monster or... whatever... or did they manage to keep him human all the way to the end? Or did they kill him off? He was like the only interesting character left (and as I said, human lol) by season 5,  everybody else had been turned into comical cardboard cutout with baffling storyline. Many were also transformed into LGBT territory all of a sudden for some reason
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1096
Points : 1676
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:36 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
Guilty pleasure: True blood (liked the first 2 seasons but went down hill FAST, continued to watch till end lol) 

Ah, True Blood. Once heralded the greatest thing on television, now forgotten by everyone. I don't think many would rank it even in top 10 HBO shows anymore. How the great have fallen.

In the history of television, has there even been so drastic drop in quality, than between seasons 2 and 3 of True Blood? I mean 1 and 2 were great, truly great television, and then all of sudden season 3 turned it into total trash, sh*t soap opera drama to the grandest degree. It got to a point where none of the characters was even human anymore (except 'Andy' lol) and every cliche fairy tale was incorporated into this mess of a plot that made no sense. Still, for some reason hoping for it to become good again, I kept watching through the season, as well as season 4. But then mid way through season 5 I had to admit to myself that this is just so god damn terrible, that I can't possibly justify continuing wasting my time anymore. I just simply stopped at some episode, can't remember even which one, and never looked back. And so, I have no idea how the show ended, but frankly I don't even care. THEY RUINED IT.

Maybe the fault lies on the author who wrote the books (never read them of course), as well as the producers who kept throwing more nonsensical crap and "diversity" into it, but I guess it doesn't matter in the end who run it to the ground. This is a prime example of how to run awesome concept into total ridiculousness.

I congratulate your for finishing it though Laughing maybe you enjoyed the final seasons more

I totally agree! Watching seasons 1-2 it totally felt like a show that a guy could also appreciate. It was extremely quirky and had personality that soap opera shows don't have. But all of that was thrown out after season 2. As well as any good writing. 


Yea I did finish it! Did it get better? No not really. I thought season 6 was the "best" since 2. But that's not saying much. And you don't know how it ended? Well it was a spectacular disaster of epic proportions. I can't believe people give Dexter's ending the amount of jokes and memes it gets, but not this trash(but then again you're right that people really did forget about true blood). 

Here are some highlights(lowlights)just from my memory lol. We actually had a party on the IMDB board that night to see who could make the best jokes about how awful the finale would be! Pretty fun. 

Very long but just a few points you should know. Razz

Spoiler :
 

Lol yeah that does sound like 'fun' finale Laughing Like a Twilight movie. Maybe the two franchises were inspired by each other's stupidity?

Did they ever turn Andy into vampire or werewolf or panther or fairy or witch or shapeshifter or monster or... whatever... or did they manage to keep him human all the way to the end? Or did they kill him off? He was like the only interesting character left (and as I said, human lol) by season 5,  everybody else had been turned into comical cardboard cutout with baffling storyline. Many were also transformed into LGBT territory all of a sudden for some reason

I couldn't tell you how it happened but somehow Andy ended up having sex with a fairy and had 4 fairy daughters. They grow fast and he gets attached to them which is cheesy. Jessica kills them. 

They put it all aside at the end and he forgives her(I think). 

Bill brings Andy upstairs to the house and reveals to him he's dying. He says since Jessica isn't his legal daughter that Andy will get all his possessions. Andy seems taken aback but agrees. But there is a condition. He must let Hoyt and Jessica live there(I'm not sure the point of that since Jess will never die meaning Andy will inherit nothing lmao).

And then Andy marries Hoyt and Jess. I think that was it for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:50 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
Guilty pleasure: True blood (liked the first 2 seasons but went down hill FAST, continued to watch till end lol) 

Ah, True Blood. Once heralded the greatest thing on television, now forgotten by everyone. I don't think many would rank it even in top 10 HBO shows anymore. How the great have fallen.

In the history of television, has there even been so drastic drop in quality, than between seasons 2 and 3 of True Blood? I mean 1 and 2 were great, truly great television, and then all of sudden season 3 turned it into total trash, sh*t soap opera drama to the grandest degree. It got to a point where none of the characters was even human anymore (except 'Andy' lol) and every cliche fairy tale was incorporated into this mess of a plot that made no sense. Still, for some reason hoping for it to become good again, I kept watching through the season, as well as season 4. But then mid way through season 5 I had to admit to myself that this is just so god damn terrible, that I can't possibly justify continuing wasting my time anymore. I just simply stopped at some episode, can't remember even which one, and never looked back. And so, I have no idea how the show ended, but frankly I don't even care. THEY RUINED IT.

Maybe the fault lies on the author who wrote the books (never read them of course), as well as the producers who kept throwing more nonsensical crap and "diversity" into it, but I guess it doesn't matter in the end who run it to the ground. This is a prime example of how to run awesome concept into total ridiculousness.

I congratulate your for finishing it though Laughing maybe you enjoyed the final seasons more

I totally agree! Watching seasons 1-2 it totally felt like a show that a guy could also appreciate. It was extremely quirky and had personality that soap opera shows don't have. But all of that was thrown out after season 2. As well as any good writing. 


Yea I did finish it! Did it get better? No not really. I thought season 6 was the "best" since 2. But that's not saying much. And you don't know how it ended? Well it was a spectacular disaster of epic proportions. I can't believe people give Dexter's ending the amount of jokes and memes it gets, but not this trash(but then again you're right that people really did forget about true blood). 

Here are some highlights(lowlights)just from my memory lol. We actually had a party on the IMDB board that night to see who could make the best jokes about how awful the finale would be! Pretty fun. 

Very long but just a few points you should know. Razz

Spoiler :
 

Lol yeah that does sound like 'fun' finale Laughing Like a Twilight movie. Maybe the two franchises were inspired by each other's stupidity?

Did they ever turn Andy into vampire or werewolf or panther or fairy or witch or shapeshifter or monster or... whatever... or did they manage to keep him human all the way to the end? Or did they kill him off? He was like the only interesting character left (and as I said, human lol) by season 5,  everybody else had been turned into comical cardboard cutout with baffling storyline. Many were also transformed into LGBT territory all of a sudden for some reason

I couldn't tell you how it happened but somehow Andy ended up having sex with a fairy and had 4 fairy daughters. They grow fast and he gets attached to them which is cheesy. Jessica kills them. 

They put it all aside at the end and he forgives her(I think). 

Bill brings Andy upstairs to the house and reveals to him he's dying. He says since Jessica isn't his legal daughter that Andy will get all his possessions. Andy seems taken aback but agrees. But there is a condition. He must let Hoyt and Jessica live there(I'm not sure the point of that since Jess will never die meaning Andy will inherit nothing lmao).

And then Andy marries Hoyt and Jess. I think that was it for him.

You know, I read that first paragraph of yours and thought for second or two that it was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and you're making fun of the show, but then I remember what we were talking about. And I also remembered that within the context of the show (from season 3 onwards), that's like normal day-to-day happening.

It's all just so stupid. So very stupid.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1096
Points : 1676
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:53 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
Guilty pleasure: True blood (liked the first 2 seasons but went down hill FAST, continued to watch till end lol) 

Ah, True Blood. Once heralded the greatest thing on television, now forgotten by everyone. I don't think many would rank it even in top 10 HBO shows anymore. How the great have fallen.

In the history of television, has there even been so drastic drop in quality, than between seasons 2 and 3 of True Blood? I mean 1 and 2 were great, truly great television, and then all of sudden season 3 turned it into total trash, sh*t soap opera drama to the grandest degree. It got to a point where none of the characters was even human anymore (except 'Andy' lol) and every cliche fairy tale was incorporated into this mess of a plot that made no sense. Still, for some reason hoping for it to become good again, I kept watching through the season, as well as season 4. But then mid way through season 5 I had to admit to myself that this is just so god damn terrible, that I can't possibly justify continuing wasting my time anymore. I just simply stopped at some episode, can't remember even which one, and never looked back. And so, I have no idea how the show ended, but frankly I don't even care. THEY RUINED IT.

Maybe the fault lies on the author who wrote the books (never read them of course), as well as the producers who kept throwing more nonsensical crap and "diversity" into it, but I guess it doesn't matter in the end who run it to the ground. This is a prime example of how to run awesome concept into total ridiculousness.

I congratulate your for finishing it though Laughing maybe you enjoyed the final seasons more

I totally agree! Watching seasons 1-2 it totally felt like a show that a guy could also appreciate. It was extremely quirky and had personality that soap opera shows don't have. But all of that was thrown out after season 2. As well as any good writing. 


Yea I did finish it! Did it get better? No not really. I thought season 6 was the "best" since 2. But that's not saying much. And you don't know how it ended? Well it was a spectacular disaster of epic proportions. I can't believe people give Dexter's ending the amount of jokes and memes it gets, but not this trash(but then again you're right that people really did forget about true blood). 

Here are some highlights(lowlights)just from my memory lol. We actually had a party on the IMDB board that night to see who could make the best jokes about how awful the finale would be! Pretty fun. 

Very long but just a few points you should know. Razz

Spoiler :
 

Lol yeah that does sound like 'fun' finale Laughing Like a Twilight movie. Maybe the two franchises were inspired by each other's stupidity?

Did they ever turn Andy into vampire or werewolf or panther or fairy or witch or shapeshifter or monster or... whatever... or did they manage to keep him human all the way to the end? Or did they kill him off? He was like the only interesting character left (and as I said, human lol) by season 5,  everybody else had been turned into comical cardboard cutout with baffling storyline. Many were also transformed into LGBT territory all of a sudden for some reason

I couldn't tell you how it happened but somehow Andy ended up having sex with a fairy and had 4 fairy daughters. They grow fast and he gets attached to them which is cheesy. Jessica kills them. 

They put it all aside at the end and he forgives her(I think). 

Bill brings Andy upstairs to the house and reveals to him he's dying. He says since Jessica isn't his legal daughter that Andy will get all his possessions. Andy seems taken aback but agrees. But there is a condition. He must let Hoyt and Jessica live there(I'm not sure the point of that since Jess will never die meaning Andy will inherit nothing lmao).

And then Andy marries Hoyt and Jess. I think that was it for him.

You know, I read that first paragraph of yours and thought for second or two that it was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard and you're making fun of the show, but then I remember what we were talking about. And I also remembered that within the context of the show (from season 3 onwards), that's like normal day-to-day happening.

It's all just so stupid. So very stupid.


All I can say is like you. Atleast they spared him from becoming a fairy or some sh*t.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:25 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
It's all just so stupid. So very stupid.


All I can say is like you. Atleast they spared him from becoming a fairy or some sh*t.

Yes indeed. But by what you told, him making fairy babies is almost as stupid as becoming one.

Were there other non-background humans left by the final season anymore?

@Mistral wrote:
@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
Oh, you love Gravity Falls too? Awesome Razz cheers

Spoiler:
 

Spoiler:
 

Just to add one thing

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Points : 1348
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:15 pm

No one will harass you for liking MLP, Mistral. Besides that I'll shut that down, there's actually quite a few around here that enjoy it. I haven't kept up with the recent season, but I still enjoy it, and CT-1138 loves it (when he stops by.).

Film you Love - The Empire Strikes Back
Film you Cherish - Return of the Jedi
Film that's your Guilty Pleasure - Ghostbusters (2016)
Film you feel is Underrated - Predator 2
Film you feel is Overrated - Napoleon Dynamite
Film you Hate - Silent Hill: Revelation (Why did they screw it up so badly?!)

Series you Love - Ash vs. Evil Dead
Series you Cherish -Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers
Series that's your Guilty Pleasure - Orange if the New Black
Series you feel is Underrated - Bates Motel
Series you feel is Overrated - Grey's Anatomy
Series you Hate - Powerpuff Girls (2016) (Why did you reboot this so badly?)


_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Points : 1348
Reputation : 18
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:30 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
Guilty pleasure: True blood (liked the first 2 seasons but went down hill FAST, continued to watch till end lol) 

Ah, True Blood. Once heralded the greatest thing on television, now forgotten by everyone. I don't think many would rank it even in top 10 HBO shows anymore. How the great have fallen.

In the history of television, has there even been so drastic drop in quality, than between seasons 2 and 3 of True Blood? I mean 1 and 2 were great, truly great television, and then all of sudden season 3 turned it into total trash, sh*t soap opera drama to the grandest degree. It got to a point where none of the characters was even human anymore (except 'Andy' lol) and every cliche fairy tale was incorporated into this mess of a plot that made no sense. Still, for some reason hoping for it to become good again, I kept watching through the season, as well as season 4. But then mid way through season 5 I had to admit to myself that this is just so god damn terrible, that I can't possibly justify continuing wasting my time anymore. I just simply stopped at some episode, can't remember even which one, and never looked back. And so, I have no idea how the show ended, but frankly I don't even care. THEY RUINED IT.

Maybe the fault lies on the author who wrote the books (never read them of course), as well as the producers who kept throwing more nonsensical crap and "diversity" into it, but I guess it doesn't matter in the end who run it to the ground. This is a prime example of how to run awesome concept into total ridiculousness.

I congratulate your for finishing it though Laughing maybe you enjoyed the final seasons more

I totally agree! Watching seasons 1-2 it totally felt like a show that a guy could also appreciate. It was extremely quirky and had personality that soap opera shows don't have. But all of that was thrown out after season 2. As well as any good writing. 


Yea I did finish it! Did it get better? No not really. I thought season 6 was the "best" since 2. But that's not saying much. And you don't know how it ended? Well it was a spectacular disaster of epic proportions. I can't believe people give Dexter's ending the amount of jokes and memes it gets, but not this trash(but then again you're right that people really did forget about true blood). 

Here are some highlights(lowlights)just from my memory lol. We actually had a party on the IMDB board that night to see who could make the best jokes about how awful the finale would be! Pretty fun. 

Very long but just a few points you should know. Razz

Spoiler :
 

Lol yeah that does sound like 'fun' finale Laughing Like a Twilight movie. Maybe the two franchises were inspired by each other's stupidity?

Did they ever turn Andy into vampire or werewolf or panther or fairy or witch or shapeshifter or monster or... whatever... or did they manage to keep him human all the way to the end? Or did they kill him off? He was like the only interesting character left (and as I said, human lol) by season 5,  everybody else had been turned into comical cardboard cutout with baffling storyline. Many were also transformed into LGBT territory all of a sudden for some reason

I couldn't tell you how it happened but somehow Andy ended up having sex with a fairy and had 4 fairy daughters. They grow fast and he gets attached to them which is cheesy. Jessica kills them. 

They put it all aside at the end and he forgives her(I think). 

Bill brings Andy upstairs to the house and reveals to him he's dying. He says since Jessica isn't his legal daughter that Andy will get all his possessions. Andy seems taken aback but agrees. But there is a condition. He must let Hoyt and Jessica live there(I'm not sure the point of that since Jess will never die meaning Andy will inherit nothing lmao).

And then Andy marries Hoyt and Jess. I think that was it for him.

Wait....Hoyt came back? Probably the wrong thread for this discussion, but I literally watched until season 7, watched the first 3 episodes of that season, and actually enjoyed Sookie being with Alcide. Then I got spoiled they killed Alcide in the fourth episode, and I said screw it because I liked him and it was stupid to get rid of him like that.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1096
Points : 1676
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:44 pm

Am I the only person here who simply can't get into MLP?

I absolutely respect anyone who enjoys any sort of tv show or Film(because obviously I'm a huge fellow nerd as well). 

I have tired watching a few episodes and absolutely hated it.

My question is this. What is it about the show you guys specifically enjoy?

I'm genuinely not hating. Just asking out of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:23 am

Everything? The characters, stories, songs, animation, themes?

I got into it through John de Lancie actually, who's Q portrayal and character in Star Trek is one of my favorite things ever. I became aware of his involvement circa 2011-2012, but didn't really care and had big reservations against the whole thing. It's just some little girls show right? Then little bit later I saw him on youtube attending couple of Trek panels and someone always asked him about MLP... it was very funny and everyone, including John and the other Trek panelists always laughed. But not out of spite.

So I got somewhat intrigued? Next I watched him attending some MLP panels itself, and he seemed genuinely attached to the whole thing (which thinking about later was interesting as at that point he had only done 3 episodes as guest star). At this point the reservations were still very much there, but I decided to take a look nevertheless. And so, in February 2013 I watched one episode, 3x12 "Game Ponies Play" which had just aired in US. And then off to pilot and first season. Never looked back, it was like everything I had always wanted! I started following it religiously. I thank John de Lancie eternally for "introducing" it, as otherwise it's doubtful I would have never touched into it.

Now, I've had to take bit of a pause from following it recently, because I have some personal issues and I don't want something so amazing to get affected by my mental fluctuations and moods. You know, I like to have good memories associated with it. It is something I imagine cherishing for the rest of my life like no other series.

I have 300 dollar custom Fluttershy plushie sitting there on my desk btw. Some other cheaper customs too, but that EquestriaPlushie one is just amazing. Like piece of art.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Film Surveys   

Back to top Go down
 
Film Surveys
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: