Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Unpopular Gaming Opinions

Go down 
+9
Spinosaur4.4
Saurillian
SmugTheFab
K_Ozz92
Océane
TheDreamMaster
Rhedosaurus
Troyal1
Dead2009
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Unpopular Gaming Opinions Empty
PostSubject: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 7:35 pm

Similiar to the movie opinions thread, this is the place where you can place those opinions about certain video games that everyone else would say you're flat out wrong over! Let's begin!

Most of the 3D Sonic the Hedgehog games arent that bad.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 7:43 pm

Monkey Island III is better than the first two combined, and the rest aren't even worth talking about

A Vampyre Story is not only the greatest adventure game, but greatest game in general. Yet nobody even remembers it exists

Starcraft 2 is for noobs
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Bioshock infinite is vastly overrated and only a shell of what it should have been.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:36 pm

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, despite all it's flaws and financial shortcuts (not given the guns the proper names), is a great game.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:36 pm

Spyro 1 is the best in the franchise
Crash Bandicoot 1 is the best in the franschise
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeTue May 02, 2017 9:48 pm

PT is one of the greatest horror experiences ever made. I've played them all and never had a game scare me that bad. Still have it in my PS4
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 12:26 am

Well let's see:

- Silent Hill 4 is a worthy sequel to the franchise, and in the top 3 of the franchise.

- Silent Hill: Downpour has a great story, it just tried too hard to change up the gameplay and play up the fan service.

- Silent Hill 0rigins may cause problems with the canon, but it's fun to play.

- Star Wars: Racer Revenge is superior to the N64 game despite being largely ignored.

- Mario Sunshine is far better than the Galaxy games.

- Super Mario World is better than the 3 original NES games.

- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is fun...in short bursts.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 6:20 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Well let's see:

- Silent Hill 4 is a worthy sequel to the franchise, and in the top 3 of the franchise.

- Silent Hill: Downpour has a great story, it just tried too hard to change up the gameplay and play up the fan service.

- Silent Hill 0rigins may cause problems with the canon, but it's fun to play.

- Star Wars: Racer Revenge is superior to the N64 game despite being largely ignored.

- Mario Sunshine is far better than the Galaxy games.

- Super Mario World is better than the 3 original NES games.

- Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days is fun...in short bursts.

I fainted at the Mario sunshine part lol!

But I do like that game. Gets too much hate I think.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeWed May 03, 2017 10:10 pm

-Endless Ocean: Blue World is the best game of the Wii's lifespan.
That is all.

K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
K_Ozz92

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 2:09 pm

Cuphead: the frustration and despair made videogame, IDK why people find it entertaining...

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
Unpopular Gaming Opinions Tumblr_o344ke_PXt_X1rp0vkjo1_500
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Wii Sports Resort is better than Wii Sports.

But both are still the best games produced for the Wii.

Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeTue Dec 26, 2017 10:36 pm

Trespasser got a lot of unnecessary flack back in '97

"She doesn't even have a Sega! She's such a troglodyte!" - Kelly

Unpopular Gaming Opinions Jp3_210
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 6:06 pm

Saurillian wrote:

Wasn't it rushed a bit too soon though? That and it needed some serious patching.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 10:59 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Saurillian wrote:

Wasn't it rushed a bit too soon though? That and it needed some serious patching.

That is all true, hence why this is an unpopular opinion, lol. It's still a fun game (in a rage game sort of way), plus it was the first game to have a real physics engine. It was actually ahead of its time. Then Half-Life came around and amazed the world with physics later

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeThu Dec 28, 2017 10:06 pm

My unpopular opinion of the day. Wii U was worth owning and had some interesting ideas. Although I believe none of them were ever truly realized to the full potential, the system still has those few games that I would consider “unmissable”. Nintendoland had a few mini games that made incredible use of the second screen idea.

Basically I think it’s a disaster over all but still worth owning if that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 8:49 am

I don't like Zelda games.

*runs for cover*

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Unpopular Gaming Opinions LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 5:56 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

*runs for cover*

If it helps, I don't recall playing a single Zelda game at all. It's possible that I might have played a demo version at a store, but that's highly doubtful.

Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 8:23 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

*runs for cover*

Me neither to be entirely honest, though I'll admit I've played very few of them in my time and not necessarily the very best ones in the bunch either.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 8:54 pm

Theta Rex wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

*runs for cover*

Me neither to be entirely honest, though I'll admit I've played very few of them in my time and not necessarily the very best ones in the bunch either.

I played link to the past and wind waker all the way through. Those are the only two that really grabbed me and I really feel the same....

Zelda to me is one of those things where you see why others LOVE it, and you really wish you could like it, but you just don’t lol.
Back to top Go down
Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 9:53 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Theta Rex wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

*runs for cover*

I played link to the past and wind waker all the way through. Those are the only two that really grabbed me and I really feel the same....

Zelda to me is one of those things where you see why others LOVE it, and you really wish you could like it, but you just don’t lol.

Oracle of Seasons and Minish Cap here, and I never finished either one (though I definitely played the former quite a bit more).

Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeFri Dec 29, 2017 10:26 pm

I played A Link to the Past one time when I was 9 and that's it. Hardly remember it honestly. I know I liked it (otherwise I wouldn't have beaten it)

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeSat Dec 30, 2017 1:50 am

I like Battlefront.

Yeah the first one.

I admit I get annoyed with the paid DLC or whatever. I don't know what it's called (lol noob sorry), the thing that prevents me from playing the other modes.

Whatever, I only play it once in a while when we visit our grandparents (they have a PlayStation I don't... I'm broke lolz), I play it with my brothers and it's a good time.

I've even had one or two moments when I'm playing the game and I get a sense of "magic"... like I'm actually there, a soldier in the middle of battle. One such occasion was when I first hoped into the Snowspeeder and took off, about to do war with the AT-ATs. That was magical.
The other one was when I was running around as a solder on Hoth, and I look up - and there's an AT-AT baring down on him, almost exactly like that shot in ESB.

I don't do a lot of gaming, but this one's fun, I don't care what ya'll think of me lol

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
JettRyu
Embryo
Embryo
JettRyu

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 2:15 am

I'll say it, even if it means the members of the forum I've tried so hard to locate for so long track me down and kill me: I'm tired of Overwatch being everywhere, and in general games that only consist of PvP. I admit I've never played Overwatch (which makes me one of the worst beings on the face of planet Earth: a hipster), but eventually everything hyped to death for so long can fall into the category of "It's Popular, So It Sucks". It might be a good game, but I don't know. I'm just tired of seeing Tracer and that monkey everywhere.

That aside, back to games consisting of only PvP. I love a good story to go with my multiplayer. Give me a campaign on par with the original Halo trilogy, Halo 3: ODST or Halo: Reach (and those three specifically) or Call of Duty's Modern Warfare and Black Ops series and I will be a very, very happy little nerd. I want my runnin'-n'gunnin' to mean something, dammit!

Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 12:11 am

A Link to the Past is kind of boring (it's the only Zelda game I own that I've never finished. I just kind of lost interest after forcing myself to play through to the final boss). Majora's Mask and the Oracle games are my favorites. Breath of the Wild is a lot of fun, but the ending is disappointingly anticlimactic and the storyline is a bit too skippable.

Yoshi's Island is a far superior game to Super Mario World.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 9:09 am

I remember playing the 3DS Zelda game I don't recall the name, but it was so boring I slep on my 3DS, no kidding. After that I never played any Zelda game anymore.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Unpopular Gaming Opinions LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unpopular Gaming Opinions   Unpopular Gaming Opinions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unpopular Gaming Opinions
Page 1 of 1