Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic Park film themes and lack of

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Empty
PostSubject: Jurassic Park film themes and lack of   Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 12:43 am

Jurassic Park has the theme we all know and love

The Lost World got its own awesome theme however it never plays the original JP theme, and it does feel like it's missing from the movie, don't get me wrong, I'm glad it got a new theme but there was room to have the original in a scene. I'm pretty sure JP5/6 will use the classic theme and if they do it'll mean only TLW will not include the JP main theme.

Jurassic Park /// not only does it not have its own theme but a mediocre version of it. I felt TLW theme was needed in this movie counting that it also took place in Sorna, again it should've been used in a scene. I know back in the day many moons ago (when JP4 was slated to come out in 2005) there was someone in the fandom who tried to convince me and give JP/// soundtrack a chance but it just never grew on me, that same person also told me that there was one song that was basically the JP/// theme even if not labeled that but I can't recall edit: I just searched and it's The Hat Returns which was proposed as the "theme" of JP///

Jurassic World - I think it did it well by incorporating the classic theme but also having its own original theme for the movie. though i guess it does rely too much on the original theme

JW2 / JP5 - Well I would hope with Malcolm returning and maybe Sorna finally getting a mention that TLW theme can make it in a scene. I'm guessing the classic theme will make it in as well. I would hope it doesn't re-use the Jurassic World theme.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited by sdp on Sat May 06, 2017 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://miscrave.com

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park film themes and lack of   Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 12:59 am

Actually the original theme plays four times in TLW. When Malcolm exists Hammond's mansion, when Nick sees the JP wall at the worker village (very briefly), when Malcolm and Sarah are driving to get the infant Rex (very briefly) and obviously with the entire final scene sequence and into the credits. TLW soundtrack is amazing for incorporating so distinctively different sound landscape and boldly new dark theme, while still relying to the original theme couple of times in appropriate places.

JP3 doesn't have one as per say but the 'Mercenary theme' plays from time to time, so it's kind of a common theme. More than anything in JW IMO... butI don't want to argue about that with Barry again lol

Last edited by Mistral on Sat May 06, 2017 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park film themes and lack of   Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 1:00 am

JP/// was the only one to lack a specific theme. It's a shame really, because I love being able to recognize TLW just by hearing the first two notes of the theme.

BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park film themes and lack of   Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 4:58 am

There's a video on YouTube that compiled the various JP themes from the first trilogy, including the familiar "Journey to the Island" themes and the "Lost World" theme. But when introducing the suggested JP3 theme, then it gets interesting.

@7:53, "The Hat Returns", this serves as the basic "family motif" of the Kirbys, and is usually heard during emotional moments or downtime scenes such as when Paul and Amanda are having a talk in the trees at night. It's a good theme, if understated, and probably better than the rest of the soundtrack its attached to.

Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park film themes and lack of   Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 2:04 pm

sdp wrote:
urassic Park /// not only does it not have its own theme but a mediocre version of it.

It's less magical version of it, obviously, but I REALLY, REALLY like the bit immediately before it, when the plane is turning to face Sorna. As in the first 7 seconds here (+little bit before that when Billy tells Grant they're almost at the island). It's also the very first thing you hear in JPOG main menu.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park film themes and lack of   Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 5:27 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
There's a video on YouTube that compiled the various JP themes from the first trilogy, including the familiar "Journey to the Island" themes and the "Lost World" theme. But when introducing the suggested JP3 theme, then it gets interesting.

@7:53, "The Hat Returns", this serves as the basic "family motif" of the Kirbys, and is usually heard during emotional moments or downtime scenes such as when Paul and Amanda are having a talk in the trees at night. It's a good theme, if understated, and probably better than the rest of the soundtrack its attached to.

Nice vid!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park film themes and lack of   Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 5:33 pm

It's alright, but the only time it's really featured is when they meet again at the fence, and at the end mixed with the original themes
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park film themes and lack of   Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Mistral wrote:
It's alright, but the only time it's really featured is when they meet again at the fence, and at the end mixed with the original themes

Yeah ultimately while it is a decent theme, it's not used as much in relation to the rest of the scores as the main themes for TLW and JW, which is why it tends to get overlooked. And no we're not arguing about JW's score: you don't want to, and I don't want to either.

Certainly if the film was longer, and rather than focusing on the Kirbys we focused on Grant and and Ellie's family then it would be a fitting theme. It plays on the whole "family sentimental" feel that the JP franchise aims for, but when its attached to those nitwit parents it doesn't resonate as well.

Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park film themes and lack of   Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 6:42 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Yeah ultimately while it is a decent theme, it's not used as much in relation to the rest of the scores as the main themes for TLW and JW, which is why it tends to get overlooked. And no we're not arguing about JW's score: you don't want to, and I don't want to either.

Certainly if the film was longer, and rather than focusing on the Kirbys we focused on Grant and and Ellie's family then it would be a fitting theme. It plays on the whole "family sentimental" feel that the JP franchise aims for, but when its attached to those nitwit parents it doesn't resonate as well.

So do we think that the 'mercenary theme' is more prominent than the 'family theme'? I certainly do
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park film themes and lack of   Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 5:14 pm

Mistral wrote:
Actually the original theme plays four times in TLW. When Malcolm exists Hammond's mansion, when Nick sees the JP wall at the worker village (very briefly), when Malcolm and Sarah are driving to get the infant Rex (very briefly) and obviously with the entire final scene sequence and into the credits. TLW soundtrack is amazing for incorporating so distinctively different sound landscape and boldly new dark theme, while still relying to the original theme couple of times in appropriate places.
Actually, it plays a fifth time: when Ludlow is pitching JP San Diego to investors from the camp on Isla Sorna. It's subtle, but it's nice.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park film themes and lack of   Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 3:40 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Actually, it plays a fifth time: when Ludlow is pitching JP San Diego to investors from the camp on Isla Sorna. It's subtle, but it's nice.

Oh yeah you're right, I forgot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park film themes and lack of   Jurassic Park film themes and lack of Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic Park film themes and lack of
Page 1 of 1