Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books Empty
PostSubject: Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books   Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 2:34 am

So, Ian Malcolm is a well known physicist and we can assume author who likes to go to talk shows and talk science based on what we hear in JP but that's never confirmed. In this thread we're talking about books Dr. Malcolm wrote about dinosaurs and not other books.

TLW mentions he broke his NDA by publishing a book about the events and we know people don't believe him.

In JP/// Eric talks to Grant about how he disliked Malcolm's book and calls him "preachy/high on himself" and that he talked too much about Chaos.

In JW we see a book by Malcolm called "God Creates Dinosaurs", but I also read online that Zara "briefly read one of Malcolm's books, during their trip to the hotel.", I don't remember this part but that quote mentions "one of" is it another book? is it about JP?

So how many books did Malcolm have or do we know? Is God Creates Dinosaurs the same book Zara was reading and the one that got him in trouble in the beginning of TLW or is it another novel written after the events of TLW, or are the others just generic novels not dealing with dinosaurs or maybe he has written more than just the two books we know? Let's speculate.

Same with Grant, we do know he had a Dinosaur book released before the events of JP, do we know if he wrote something after JP?

http://miscrave.com

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books   Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 9:14 pm

There's no mention of any book in TLW actually. Not in the subway, or in the discussion with Ludlow. It's only implied he spilled the beans on TV, and in unspecified circles. Malcolm also says he didn't earn a cent for any of it.

Also I'd like to add that if you decide to check yourself, the dialogue on the official english-impaired subtitles is not the same as in the actual spoken dialogue between characters and leaves quite a bit out. If you're not fluent in english it may take few tries to hear every word they say, particularly in that first scene with Malcolm and Ludlow where they both speak quietly, fast paced and speak over each other. But anyway, it doesn't really change the matter we're discussing here
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books   Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 9:23 pm

Mistral wrote:
There's no mention of any book in TLW actually. Not in the subway, or in the discussion with Ludlow. It's only implied he spilled the beans on TV, and in unspecified circles. Malcolm also says he didn't earn a cent for any of it.

Also I'd like to add that if you decide to check yourself, the dialogue on the official english-impaired subtitles is not the same as in the actual spoken dialogue between characters and leaves quite a bit out. If you're not fluent in english it may take few tries to hear every word they say, particularly in that first scene with Malcolm and Ludlow where they both speak quietly, fast paced and speak over each other. But anyway, it doesn't really change the matter we're discussing here

Well in the subway where Malcolm is mocked by the guy after he says 'I believed you' I always took that as he was referring to him trying to go public

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books   Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 9:26 pm

I don't know. I imagine a boring book about how he was right all the time and blablabla some anti-science stuff and moral debates...

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books   Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 9:32 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Well in the subway where Malcolm is mocked by the guy after he says 'I believed you' I always took that as he was referring to him trying to go public

He already had gone public, on TV and wherever else, what is what that guy was talking about. But there is no reference to a BOOK in the film

"You're him right?
"Excuse me?
"The scientist, the guy. I saw you on TV. -- I believed you -- Groaar"
Back to top Go down
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books   Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 7:49 pm

Oh, I was mostly going by memory and some quick google searches when I wrote the OP so yeah some of the information may be wrong.

I was still wondering what the fandom mostly thought about it. But it seems we don't really know besides the one book we see in the movie that is about Dinosaurs.

http://miscrave.com

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books   Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 7:58 pm

Yeah there's no knowing whether the JP3 book is the same as the JW book. Maybe he's only written one book, maybe two, maybe 15.
Back to top Go down
FoxHound4690
Embryo
Embryo
FoxHound4690

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books   Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 8:15 pm

We know for a fact that Grant had published a book about dinosaurs before the events of JP but I get the impression both Grant and Malcolm wrote books before and after JP. I'd say both of those characters would have written their accounts of what happened on Isla Nublar. So i'm assuming both these guys have at least 2 books minimum
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books   Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dr. Ian Malcolm's Books
Page 1 of 1