Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Wed May 31, 2017 12:28 pm

@The Geeky Zoologist wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:


There is no line within the movies saying that the T Rexes will always lose,but it is heavily implied that the Spinosauruses are clearly the much superior species in many ways within the movie and behind the scenes of the movie like:

The entire marketing of Jurassic Park 3 centered around the idea that the Spino is much more deadly.
Jack Horner saying that the Spino could literaly cause the exctinction of the rest of the dinos on Sorna.
Jack Horner saying that he wanted to establish in the movie that T Rexes were the prey of Spinosauruses.
The rest of the cast and crew literaly saying that the T Rex does not stand a chance against the Spino.
The movie shows that a T Rex can bite a Spinosaurus on the neck and the Spino escapes unharmed.
While on the other hand the Spinosaurus is able to break the neck of the T Rex in literaly 2 seconds.
The scene where Eric tells Grant that the Spino loves to go after the T Rex whenever they smell them.
The movie overall shows that the Spinos is more intense and fierce (able to take a hit from a plane like nothing)

This is the result of JP3 numerous productions issues and Horner's rex hate meddling. Nothing more and nothing less. The idea of having a new apex predator star over the T.rex was interesting but the execution was mediocre. The best thing to do is just let it go and move on.

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

That is why this is not as simple as just one easy to ignore fight.

With a little effort, it's fairly possible to do so.

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

So if what fans hated is not just a lost fight but the establishment of the Spino species superiority over the T Rex then having an old Rex get quickly knocked out against yet another much more superior therapod is not exactly the best antidote.
Much less when Rexy had to literally be saved from death by blue and did not even get to actually defeat the Indominus.
That is why there is still a big desire for a rematch. If Rexy would have defeated Indominus by herself then there would be almost no desire for a rematch. But she got quickly knocked out, nearly killed and had to be saved twice.

Rexy just came out of a dozen of years spent in captivity, she's old and the I.rex was designed on purpose to be bigger and stronger than a T.rex. So it's kinda normal that the fight was tough for her even if she quickly get the upper hand during the second part. And even if she defeated the I.rex with ease, I'm pretty sure that you or another of the rematch's advocates will be still begging the producers.
You do realize that Tyrannosaurs are supposed to be animals, not pokémons, right ?
Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. It's life.

I'm all for debates but only on important matters such as lore, characters, world-building... but not for "Daddy, the other kid said last week that his toy was better than mine. Please tell him that mine is actually better than his"-like issues. That's good for special snowflakes toddlers, not for grown ups.

Seeing people wasting their time on such a futile subject makes me roll my eyes.


Most of the points that you bring up here I have already addressed them in my previous posts throughout this thread.

We have never asked for the T Rex to be a Pokemon that can never lose. Neither do we ask for it to have superpowers. Of course it could die since it is only an animal. All we are asking is for the series to establish that this other species will not always take it down with such ease. But we are not saying that it can never die. If for example a bomb was thrown at it most people would at the very least understand since it is very hard to survive a bomb even for an animal that large.

I have already explained very well why this is not as simple as my dinosaur lost one fight and I don´t accept losing. It is about what the movie implies with that fight among other things. Besides most fans (regardless of age) just don´t go to a JP movie expecting T Rexes to die since it is one of the most (if not the most popular element of the franchise).

And I am fully aware that Rexy was old and Indominus more powerful. All I was trying to say is that is not the best antidote for the problem caused by JP3.

Like I said on my first post, if you do not agree with the idea, my respect to you. You have every right to not care for a film idea. No one can force you to like it. However, I disagree with you with using how much they like or dislike something in a film as a measuring stick of maturity. A person could argue that all those who much time on a forum discussing a film about resurrecting dinosaurus is not a very grown up thing to do but I refuse to make such simplistic judgments because what exactly is mature or grown up is a very relative and subjective definition. And I prefer to hear what others have to say and try to put myself in their shoes instead putting them in simplistic categories. One could also argue that the people who do cosplays are not doing something so grown up because they are dressing up like a character for children while others have no problem with it because they know clothes do not exactly define the quality of a person.

By the way I want to thank everyone who has replied to me on this thread. Even if you do not agree with me, I take my hat off because for the most part everyone has been civil, calm and levelheaded. I hope we can continue to discuss this topic here in order to show that the topic can be continued to be discussed in a calm cool atmosphere.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1263
Points : 1905
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Wed May 31, 2017 12:57 pm

I feel like people are going overboard about a fictional fight for multiple reasons:

1. It's a movie. Jurassic Park III is the only film that spawned a petition because an animal lost one fight. One fight. To a superior animal in that film. 

2. The real life Tyrannosaurus would get it's rear end kicked by species such as Triceratops and it really wasnt wise for the animal to pick a fight with such a creature that had horns sticking out of it's head. Also Rex never really messed with other animals bigger than itself, such as the Brachio. Ankylosaurus? Could easily break the jaw of a T-Rex with that massive club like bone at the end of it's tail. But no, let's focus on something fictious.

3. The Jurassic Park franchise isnt focused on dinosaur fights. If they were, it would be a made for tv movie on the Syfy channel

4. Ruining a movie for the sake of the vocal MINORITY on the internet. Sure you can say that a bunch of people on YouTube are clamoring for a rematch so they can finally sleep easy at night but how many of the casual moviegoers actually give a damn about whether or not the T-Rex is fighting the Spino again? 

Let's take it in a different direction, animal wise.

The Great White Shark is the top predator in the world's oceans. It has no natural threat other than the Orca, and to a certain extent, the human species. Not one person would create a petition to wipe out Killer Whales, because it would: A. Look really silly and B. it's nature.

I guarantee you that if an actual Tyrannosaurus lost to the variation of the Spinosaurus in real life today, nobody would bat an eye, because it's nature. More would be shocked than anything else.

The point is this: Jurassic Park III came out in 2001 and it's now the middle of 2017. It's time to let it go.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Madden '18 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 249
Points : 449
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 21
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Wed May 31, 2017 6:57 pm

I don't think they ever implied that the T-rex would always be inferior in a fight against a Spinosaurus. It just so happened that the one in JP 3 lost that particular fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 885
Points : 1438
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Wed May 31, 2017 8:08 pm

@The Geeky Zoologist wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:


There is no line within the movies saying that the T Rexes will always lose,but it is heavily implied that the Spinosauruses are clearly the much superior species in many ways within the movie and behind the scenes of the movie like:

The entire marketing of Jurassic Park 3 centered around the idea that the Spino is much more deadly.
Jack Horner saying that the Spino could literaly cause the exctinction of the rest of the dinos on Sorna.
Jack Horner saying that he wanted to establish in the movie that T Rexes were the prey of Spinosauruses.
The rest of the cast and crew literaly saying that the T Rex does not stand a chance against the Spino.
The movie shows that a T Rex can bite a Spinosaurus on the neck and the Spino escapes unharmed.
While on the other hand the Spinosaurus is able to break the neck of the T Rex in literaly 2 seconds.
The scene where Eric tells Grant that the Spino loves to go after the T Rex whenever they smell them.
The movie overall shows that the Spinos is more intense and fierce (able to take a hit from a plane like nothing)

This is the result of JP3 numerous productions issues and Horner's rex hate meddling. Nothing more and nothing less. The idea of having a new apex predator star over the T.rex was interesting but the execution was mediocre. The best thing to do is just let it go and move on.

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

That is why this is not as simple as just one easy to ignore fight.

With a little effort, it's fairly possible to do so.

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

So if what fans hated is not just a lost fight but the establishment of the Spino species superiority over the T Rex then having an old Rex get quickly knocked out against yet another much more superior therapod is not exactly the best antidote.
Much less when Rexy had to literally be saved from death by blue and did not even get to actually defeat the Indominus.
That is why there is still a big desire for a rematch. If Rexy would have defeated Indominus by herself then there would be almost no desire for a rematch. But she got quickly knocked out, nearly killed and had to be saved twice.

Rexy just came out of a dozen of years spent in captivity, she's old and the I.rex was designed on purpose to be bigger and stronger than a T.rex. So it's kinda normal that the fight was tough for her even if she quickly get the upper hand during the second part. And even if she defeated the I.rex with ease, I'm pretty sure that you or another of the rematch's advocates will be still begging the producers.
You do realize that Tyrannosaurs are supposed to be animals, not pokémons, right ?
Sometimes they win, sometimes they lose. It's life.

I'm all for debates but only on important matters such as lore, characters, world-building... but not for "Daddy, the other kid said last week that his toy was better than mine. Please tell him that mine is actually better than his"-like issues. That's good for special snowflakes toddlers, not for grown ups.

Seeing people wasting their time on such a futile subject makes me roll my eyes.

This 100%.  Cool

Also, futile, yep.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Wed May 31, 2017 11:37 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
I feel like people are going overboard about a fictional fight for multiple reasons:

1. It's a movie. Jurassic Park III is the only film that spawned a petition because an animal lost one fight. One fight. To a superior animal in that film. 

2. The real life Tyrannosaurus would get it's rear end kicked by species such as Triceratops and it really wasnt wise for the animal to pick a fight with such a creature that had horns sticking out of it's head. Also Rex never really messed with other animals bigger than itself, such as the Brachio. Ankylosaurus? Could easily break the jaw of a T-Rex with that massive club like bone at the end of it's tail. But no, let's focus on something fictious.

3. The Jurassic Park franchise isnt focused on dinosaur fights. If they were, it would be a made for tv movie on the Syfy channel

4. Ruining a movie for the sake of the vocal MINORITY on the internet. Sure you can say that a bunch of people on YouTube are clamoring for a rematch so they can finally sleep easy at night but how many of the casual moviegoers actually give a damn about whether or not the T-Rex is fighting the Spino again? 

Let's take it in a different direction, animal wise.

The Great White Shark is the top predator in the world's oceans. It has no natural threat other than the Orca, and to a certain extent, the human species. Not one person would create a petition to wipe out Killer Whales, because it would: A. Look really silly and B. it's nature.

I guarantee you that if an actual Tyrannosaurus lost to the variation of the Spinosaurus in real life today, nobody would bat an eye, because it's nature. More would be shocked than anything else.

The point is this: Jurassic Park III came out in 2001 and it's now the middle of 2017. It's time to let it go.

1. Yes it is a movie but sometimes movies are a very special memory of many. Remember the Dear JJ Abrams video? Many Star Wars fans were begging JJ Abrams to make Episode 7 more like the originals to correct what they felt were the mistakes of the prequels. So this is something that happens more often than people think

2. We are not saying that the T Rex is invincible. Of course a Triceratops could kill it. What we are saying is that we don´t like that JP3 implied that T Rexes stand no chance against Spinosauruses within the film canon.

3. Well literally every Jurassic Park film has had dinosaurs fighting against each other. The first one had Rexy VS Raptors, the second had Raptor VS Raptor, the third had Rex VS Spino and the fourth had I Rex VS Ankylosaur and I Rex VS Rexy, Blue and Mosasaurus. So I don´t see how the Jurassic films can not have any focus on dinosaur fights. It´s kind of part of the package because if there were no dinosaur VS dinosaur fights then the Jurassic films would be just chase and run movies. And a movie only about humans running from dinosaurs sounds even more like a TV movie.

4. I think it is a bit unfair to say that a minute long dinosaur fight ruins the entire 2 hour movie. It can still have a great story, characters, and all that, so to say all that is ruined by just one dinosaur fight of about less than a minute is kind of unfair.

Also I would not exactly call those who are interested in a rematch a minority for one reason, it is still after all these years the single most controversial issue in the Jurassic Park franchise. Even bigger than the feathers issue. The thing is, it only looks like a minority because (if I remember correctly) the most famous Jurassic Park forum (JP Legacy) banned the topic. So it only looked like not that many fans were interested in a rematch because the most famous JP fórum prohibited them from talking about the topic (Wich like I said before I perfectly understand the reason why they did it). But my point is, when one does a google search on the topic, one finds out a very different reality. That more fans than people think are interested in the idea of a rematch.

Though I must point out that some are afraid to say it for fear of being made fun of or being labled inmature. But Deep down they want it. In fact I have many friends who are casual JP fans and we all thought there was no way Jurassic World would ignore the rematch since it had been such a huge topic on the internet for 14 years, and when it did we were all shocked.

5. Yeah in real life sometimes animals win or lose fights. But one could argue that this being a movie holds an even bigger special place in the memories of fans than random animals in real life. By the way, this kinds of thing happen even with real life animal fans. Fans of the Lion and fans of the Tiger very often argue about wich animal has won more fights than the other.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GwrChurchward
Embryo
Embryo


Posts : 46
Points : 585
Reputation : -2
Join date : 2016-06-11

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:33 am

After reading through this thread, I have to say that you are acting like squabbling infants, particularly #TrexSpinorematch. Mods could you please enter this thread into another cool down period? It keeps derailing into arguments, personal attacks, and other pettiness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:11 am

@GwrChurchward wrote:
After reading through this thread, I have to say that you are acting like squabbling infants, particularly #TrexSpinorematch. Mods could you please enter this thread into another cool down period? It keeps derailing into arguments, personal attacks, and other pettiness.

For the most part this thread has been civil, almost everyone has been able to say what they think about this in a calm levelheaded manner. And if you read my posts you will see that I have tried to do my best to be as respectful and understanding as possible.

In fact I have not attacked anyone on this thread. Anyone. (Re Read my posts)

So I don´t think it´s fair to say that I am attacking anyone. Explaining my views is not attacking. Arguing different viewpoints is not pettiness. That´s what the forum is for, discussing different thoughts on the topic. Instead of focusing on the people discussing the topic, let´s focus on the topic itself wich is about could there be a rematch. Because I really don´t want this thread to be closed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannoFan
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 30
Points : 568
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:49 am

@GwrChurchward wrote:
After reading through this thread, I have to say that you are acting like squabbling infants, particularly #TrexSpinorematch. Mods could you please enter this thread into another cool down period? It keeps derailing into arguments, personal attacks, and other pettiness.

??? I completely disagree with #TrexSpinorematch, but honestly he's been pretty civil and behaving well for this whole thread. I'm not sure we're reading the same thread here...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:42 am

@TyrannoFan wrote:
@GwrChurchward wrote:
After reading through this thread, I have to say that you are acting like squabbling infants, particularly #TrexSpinorematch. Mods could you please enter this thread into another cool down period? It keeps derailing into arguments, personal attacks, and other pettiness.

??? I completely disagree with #TrexSpinorematch, but honestly he's been pretty civil and behaving well for this whole thread. I'm not sure we're reading the same thread here...

Thank you sir!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 534
Points : 1114
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:17 am

@GwrChurchward wrote:
After reading through this thread, I have to say that you are acting like squabbling infants, particularly #TrexSpinorematch. Mods could you please enter this thread into another cool down period? It keeps derailing into arguments, personal attacks, and other pettiness.

Although I certainly don't like the topic of discussion, it seems relatively civil in here. Don't quite get where you're getting "arguments, personal attacks, and other pettiness" from.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:20 am

Anyways back on topic, I must confess that I actually do not feel confident that they will include the rematch in Jurassic World 2.

And not because of the myth that Universal is very scared to bring back the Spinosaurus (because they have actually brought it back for many toylines and videogames) but rather because Universal in general just gives too much of a vibe that they don´t know (or care) too much about what fans want. They give this very very strong impression that all they know is that Jurassic Park is loved by everybody, Jurassic World made a ton of money, so they have to make another sequel that milks on the nostalgia of the first Jurassic Park in order to compete with Disney and Star Wars.

Or at least that appears to be the mindset of everyone at Universal except maybe Colin Trevorrow. Colin really seems like a fan first type of director and writer who at least tried to put things in the movie that he thought fans would maybe appreciate. But writer Dereck Connolly on the other hand was not even a Jurassic Park fan before writing Jurassic World. He saw the first 3 movies for the first time when he was writing Jurassic World (and I am not saying that he is a bad person, I am just saying what I read).

So despite Colin Trevorrow directly taking note of our petition over a year and a half ago (when they were still writing the script) and there being evidence of interest in a rematch even after 16 years... JA Bayona, Frank Marshall, Dereck Connolly and the rest of Universal just seem to not be that into hearing what the fans want. Unlike J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, Lucasfilm and Disney who literaly took time to hear, understand and literaly respond to each and every one of the wishes and complaints that fans had about Star Wars up to that point and corrected each and every single one of them and made just the film that the fans asked for (Because after all, these films are for the fans).

Maybe I am wrong, maybe Universal does understand the why behind the rematch but are not saying anything in order not to spoil scenes from the movie... But since so far we have not seen anything rematch related (or Spino returning for that matter) other than Colin taking note of the petition and that reflection on the set pic, and how all the news we get only point out to yet another sequel that will only milk on the nostalgia of JP1... It is very dissapointing to face the possibility that they could very well once again ignore the rematch after 16 years of fans waiting for it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Geeky Zoologist
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 35
Points : 583
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-06-10
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:36 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

So despite Colin Trevorrow directly taking note of our petition over a year and a half ago (when they were still writing the script) and there being evidence of interest in a rematch even after 16 years... JA Bayona, Frank Marshall, Dereck Connolly and the rest of Universal just seem to not be that into hearing what the fans want. Unlike J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, Lucasfilm and Disney who literaly took time to hear, understand and literaly respond to each and every one of the wishes and complaints that fans had about Star Wars up to that point and corrected each and every single one of them and made just the film that the fans asked for (Because after all, these films are for the fans).

And for which result ?
TFA was a nice looking movie indeed but it was also IMO a lazy remake of A New Hope, made in the purpose to please the fans as much as possible and not discomfort them at all. As a result, many moviegoers didn't like it and rightfully so. (I liked Rogue One however).
It's funny because you complained earlier in your post that JW milks on the nostalgia of JP while TFA did exactly the same thing with A New Hope.

And no films should be for moviegoers in general, not only fans.

If studio majors began to obey fans, then creativity in movies is doomed because, and it's sad to say, a lot of fans just wants the same things as before and they're afraid that their childhood franchise is pushed in unexpected directions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:20 am

@The Geeky Zoologist wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

So despite Colin Trevorrow directly taking note of our petition over a year and a half ago (when they were still writing the script) and there being evidence of interest in a rematch even after 16 years... JA Bayona, Frank Marshall, Dereck Connolly and the rest of Universal just seem to not be that into hearing what the fans want. Unlike J.J. Abrams, Kathleen Kennedy, Lucasfilm and Disney who literaly took time to hear, understand and literaly respond to each and every one of the wishes and complaints that fans had about Star Wars up to that point and corrected each and every single one of them and made just the film that the fans asked for (Because after all, these films are for the fans).

And for which result ?
TFA was a nice looking movie indeed but it was also IMO a lazy remake of A New Hope, made in the purpose to please the fans as much as possible and not discomfort them at all. As a result, many moviegoers didn't like it and rightfully so. (I liked Rogue One however).
It's funny because you complained earlier in your post that JW milks on the nostalgia of JP while TFA did exactly the same thing with A New Hope.

And no films should be for moviegoers in general, not only fans.

If studio majors began to obey fans, then creativity in movies is doomed because, and it's sad to say, a lot of fans just wants the same things as before and they're afraid that their childhood franchise is pushed in unexpected directions.

Well for years many Star Wars fans asked for the sequel to be much more like the original trilogy than the prequels and although I know that some have called it a little too similar to the original A New Hope, the reality is that The Force Awakens has an 8.1 out of 10 rating in IMDB and was a huge box office hit. So that kind of shows that the movie was very well liked by most people. Will there be some people who hate it? Of course, but that happens with almost every film.

On the other hand we have seen what happens when a childhood franchise is pushed in unexpected directions with JP3. And the result more often than not is that most longtime fans end up hating the movie.

So that kind of shows that sometimes listening to the fans is not such a bad idea.

About my comments of Jurassic World having a lot of Jurassic Park nostalgia....I actually like that there is nostalgia for Jurassic Park in Jurassic World and Jurassic World 2. What I do not like is that there is no nostalgia for The Lost World or Jurassic Park 3 on Jurassic World or Jurassic World 2. That´s what I was trying to say. I was not complaining about the amout of Jurassic Park nostalgia put on Jurassic World but rather being dissapointed that there was not also nostalgia for The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3172
Points : 3824
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:40 pm

I can only see one realistic situation were we get the long awaited rematch where the T. rex wins. It's long read and involves quite a bit of ret-conning and it has to be part of a movie trilogy that connects the old one with this new one, although if it's just one movie, then it could work. But with the right director and, most likely, another studio-more on that later-it can work. Here it goes. Prepare for a long read.

It all begins after Hammond dies. Wu notices that the Dino Hunters/Ingen team did not touch the native Spinosaurus population. These will be the real/modern ones. That's because the T. rex population has been wiping them out. Hoskins, who's a double agent of Biosyn-though this might have to change based on the next 2 JW movies-starts to talk to Wu. Playing up his ego and tells him how Hammond and now Masrani are downplaying his brilliance. He then asks him if a super hybrid dinosaur is possible and Wu says yes. Hoskins then convinces Wu to make a T. rex/Spino hybrid to wipe out as many of the Sorna animals as possible so that he can make new ones for the upcoming park. At this point, Masrani is skeptical of making one, but if enough dinosaurs are wiped out on Sorna, then they'd have to be made on Nublar, which in turn, will lead to a new park. So, Wu secretly makes a T. rex/Spinosaurus hybrid. This animal is known as the JP3 Spino. The T. rex it was clone from was a special T. rex since not only was it the very first t. rex ever made, but it's also the only one that maintained being a male from the start. Not only that, but instead of African Frog DNA, they used Harpy Eagle DNA. This T. Rex will be based on the 2009 Bull T. rex redo, but with one big difference: On it's back from the middle of the neck down to the tail, it will have down (feathers). This would also explain the JP3 Spino's colors.

Here's what the 2009 Bull Rex looks like.



Fast forward to somewhere between JP3 and JW. 2006 seems good.

Meanwhile, a team that has a younger Owen Grady is sent to check on the dinosaur population at Sorna. They find out that it is much lower then it should be. Ramses, the name of the JP3 Spino has been doing it's job. However, while it's also succeeding in its other goal, to protect the other normal Spinos, it's began attacking them and killing them as well. This is because it's unable to bred due to being a hybrid and kills the females it has been mating with as punishment, as well as brutally killing off other males. The team suggests to move to Spino population to Isla Matanceros, which has no active large predatory dinosaurs. Unfortunately, Ramses has other ideas and begins to wipe out the Ingen team. Half survive and wind up being chased into the territory of the feathered Bull Rex, which finishes off the rest of the team, leaving only Owen and Barry alive. They find out that unlike Ramses, the feathered Bull can successfully bred offspring, although only one of his 3 kids have feathers, and the see his family. They then find out that the surviving Rex population have his genes and that his wife/mate is the grown up daughter of the T. rex family from TLW.

While both Wu and Hoskins are pleased with the success of Ramses as agree to evacutate the surviving Spinos, they also realize that Ramses was slightly too successful. And has killed more then what can written off as normal. Wu and Hoskins don't mind: They can simply make new dinosaurs that have more dinosaur DNA. While evacutating the Spinos, Ramses attacks. The large feathered Bull T. rex, seeing one of the Spinos as a food source also arrives. After a long brutal battle, the feathered Bull wins and kills Ramses. He drags the hybrid close enough to his lair, but at a safe enough distance that Owen and Barry and the rest of the team won't be bothered.

Wu, who is seeing all this with Hoskins sadly says 'Goodbye Ramses. And thank you for all that you've done for me.' Hoskins then mentions making a new even more powerful hybrid. And Wu cheers up. When Hoskins leaves, Wu says, "This one will be even stronger."

5 years later, the new park is up and running and Wu is still try to make the perfect hybrid. We go to Isla Matanceros where the true Spinos are living peacefully as the alpha predators. Then we go back to Sorna. Due to Wu's work and nature, Sorna has recovered most of it's dinosaur population. The old feathered Bull T. rex has died of old age 2 years before then, but another feathered Bull T. rex, his one son, has taken up the reigns. He roars towards the sky, proclaiming his dominion known as Isla Sorna.

That's the only case I can think of to satisfy both sides. The only way I can see this happening is if another movie studio-WB, Fox, or Disney-gets the rights after the Crichton estate gets them back after JW3/JP6. I just don't trust Universal with the JP franchise since we should have got much more then a sequel and a toyline by now. There's so much potential and Universal is just doing nothing with it. You can read my reasons here and here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Geeky Zoologist
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 35
Points : 583
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-06-10
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:51 am

Here's the link to an article written by fellow fan Arturo Gracia in which he explains why the rematch is the worst idea in the history of bad ideas :

http://prehistoriccritic.blogspot.fr/2016/06/t-rex-vs-spinosaurus-rematch-for.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:09 am

@The Geeky Zoologist wrote:
Here's the link to an article written by fellow fan Arturo Gracia in which he explains why the rematch is the worst idea in the history of bad ideas :

http://prehistoriccritic.blogspot.fr/2016/06/t-rex-vs-spinosaurus-rematch-for.html

Yeah I remember someone sending us the link to Arturo Garcia´s blog. We have interacted with him before.

And no offense to him but If I may give a piece of advice to everyone here, be very careful using his blog as a gospel.

And I am not saying that because he is against the rematch, but rather because he is the type of person who is convinced that his and only his opinion is the correct one and if you dare disagree with him he gets really mad, goes on a rage and starts insulting you.

It is one thing not to agree with the idea of a rematch, and to not feel interest in it. That is perfectly ok and everyone has the right to, but what Arturo Garcia does is something different. He has such an enormous amout of passionate hatred towards the idea of a rematch that he is convinced that the way he feels is the way everyone has to feel otherwise they are human scum according to him. And I am not saying all of this to give him a bad reputation, I am just saying this because that is how he has behaved whenever we have interected with him in the past. Look at this thread, yeah, some people really disagree with the idea of a rematch but they have not gone on a rage of curse words with those who would like to see a rematch.

And that is what his blog comes down to, it is more insults than arguments towards those who want the rematch. And most of the arguments that he brings up we have countered them in both our page and here. But let´s have a look at his points again...

1. He claims that a rematch would tear apart the fanbase because he has seen countless fans arguing if a Rex could beat a Spino for over 14 years  while also claiming that no one is interested in a rematch anymore...So... If no one is interested in a rematch anymore then why would a rematch tear apart the fanbase? If it is a topic that no one is interested anymore? See the contradiction? He says nobody wants a rematch while also saying that it is a topic that fans are passionate about. Wich one is it? Plus, this argument that there can not be a rematch because of arguments on the internet is kind of well.... If a movie can not put a scene because there will be arguments on the internet then no movie should do any scene ever. Because arguments on the internet happen everywhere regardless of the topic. Star Wars orginal trilogy fans argue with prequels fans like cats and dogs and it has not torn apart the fanbase. Neither do you se Star Wars fans asking Lucasfilm not to make anymore movies because it could lead to arguments on the internet.

2. He claims that it goes against what we know of Jurassic World 2. We do not really know about that. All we know is that Isla Nublar will be back, Rexy and Blue will be back and Malcolm will be back. I do not know how that goes against a rematch.

3. He claims there can not be a rematch because it happened on other movies and games like Ice Age, or Operation Genesis, well, none of that is within the canon of the Jurassic films.

4. He claims it is not a fight the T Rex can win. Well it has been prooven that it has the strongest bite of all of the land dinosaurs so...

5. He claims that a rematch insults the characters. How? Every JP has had dinosaurs fighting against each other how does that make the characters worse?

But he claims on his last paragraph that that´s just the way it is, his opinion and perception of things is the absolute reality and everyone has to agree with it. That is why I do not recomend Arturo Garcia. Not because he is against the rematch. But because of how he is totally and completely convinced that his view of things is reality and his inhability to hear or even open himself to the possibility that the other side with opposing views could have a valid point.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 249
Points : 449
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 21
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:58 pm

I kinda agree with the blog post. Like he says, filmmaking is far from simple (I can understand that after being part of a 3-year film course myself). Incorporating the rematch requires the rest of the movie to be cleverly structured around it. We know that the film is about saving the Dinosaurs from Isla Nublar for whatever reason. Spinosaurus is only on Sorna from what we know, which would mean for some reason, someone must go back to Sorna and get a Spinosaurus. The fight NEEDS a reason to happen in the story. But is there a realistic reason for it to happen? If it just gets thrown in there, it could tarnish the tone of the film or mess with the structure. Someone could just clone a Spinosaurus, but why do that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:29 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I kinda agree with the blog post. Like he says, filmmaking is far from simple (I can understand that after being part of a 3-year film course myself). Incorporating the rematch requires the rest of the movie to be cleverly structured around it. We know that the film is about saving the Dinosaurs from Isla Nublar for whatever reason. Spinosaurus is only on Sorna from what we know, which would mean for some reason, someone must go back to Sorna and get a Spinosaurus. The fight NEEDS a reason to happen in the story. But is there a realistic reason for it to happen? If it just gets thrown in there, it could tarnish the tone of the film or mess with the structure. Someone could just clone a Spinosaurus, but why do that?

He is right in that filmmaking is not simple but...He is wrong in acting like his and only his interpretation of ´´good´´ filmmaking is the only ´´correct´´ way to do it. And he is also wrong in saying that anyone who has a different take than him on what is ´´good´´ for the movie is ´´wrong´´.

Let me explain myself...

Arturo Garcia claims that it would be ´´wrong´´ to throw in a Rex Spino rematch on Jurassic World 2 because the Jurassic Park movies are not about dinosaur fights right?

But the irony of that argument is that on the first movie, it was Steven Spielberg himself, the man that at the last minute decided to change the script in order to  include the Rexy VS Raptors fight in order to have a more dramatic finale because he wanted the T Rex to be the icon of the movie and because he wanted Jurassic Park to be a tribute to King Kong and because he is a huge fan of monster movies in general. And what was the result ? The end of JP is one of the most iconic scenes in film history.

Same thing with Jurassic Park 3 and Jurassic World. It was the producers, directors and writers of those films the ones who were thrilled to put in a fight between the T Rex and the Spinosaurus, and then in JW with the Indominus and Ankylosauruses and Indominus Rexy, Blue and Mosasaurus were all added late in the script because of the re writes. Because they know that although it is true that a major theme in the series is humans playing with science, at the same time they know that Steven Spielberg himself wanted to make the JP movies with a King Kongesque feel so that they are a bit of a tribute to the classic monster movies.

So it is the filmmakers that Arturo Garcia loves to praise for knowing what is ´´right´´ for a film, the ones who were thrilled to at the last minute, throw on every JP film the dinosaurs fights that he considers to be so ´´wrong´´ for the Jurassic Park films.

That´s the reality that he is not aware of. Steven Spielberg himself wanted dinosaur fights at the last minute and for the series to have a King Kongesque monster movie feel from the start. So if the creators of the Jurassic Park movies have always wanted the series to be that way then...Why does he argue that including an element that has been on the JP movies from the start would be something that would ruin the sequel so much ?

And although I understand that for a rematch to happen there has to be a reason within the movie for it to be shown but at the same time, it is not something that imposible to solve. What if the Sorna Spino is brought to the mainland along with the Nublar dinosaurs? At some point dinosaurs will get loose. What if it´s just an opening scene on Nublar? Both T Rex and Spino are now wild animals since the park is closed And that could imply that the Spino was brought from Sorna to Nublar before Jurassic World.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 180
Points : 740
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 23
Location : The Hammond Creation Lab

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:25 pm

Personally, I've been going back and forth with wanting the rematch to happen but I don't think it's necessary. I do feel like rematch supporters are in the minority.

You have been civil in your opinion #TrexSpinorematch but I think one big reason many here are annoyed at you is because you repeat yourself a lot. We get it, you want a rematch and you have explained your reasons why but many will always disagree and call those reasons childish.

Have you found a JP forum that has many supporters of the rematch because I haven't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 957
Points : 3080
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:52 pm

Honestly, according to everything that I've seen, I have no indicators of a Spino presence in JW2 at all. Thats just the facts. However it -is- likely that they may try to force a dinosaur battle similar to what we saw in jurassic world.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1117
Points : 1705
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:58 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
Honestly, according to everything that I've seen, I have no indicators of a Spino presence in JW2 at all. Thats just the facts. However it -is- likely that they may try to force a dinosaur battle similar to what we saw in jurassic world.
Yeah at this time if you expect a Spino to pop up in the film. Not even a rematch just it showing up is basically impossible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:20 pm

@Dr. Wu wrote:
Personally, I've been going back and forth with wanting the rematch to happen but I don't think it's necessary. I do feel like rematch supporters are in the minority.

You have been civil in your opinion #TrexSpinorematch but I think one big reason many here are annoyed at you is because you repeat yourself a lot. We get it, you want a rematch and you have explained your reasons why but many will always disagree and call those reasons childish.

Have you found a JP forum that has many supporters of the rematch because I haven't.

I have always known that it is a controversial topic. I know some will feel it is a childish thing but that´s why I try explaining myself so that they don´t see it is as simple as we do not accept our dino losing.

About how many rematch supporters there are, well that´s why I always recommend to use google or YouTube to find them.

Because if you only go by major Jurassic Park forums, what you see might be misleading. For example

Jurassic Park Legacy banned the topic. So if the topic was prohibited there then you will not see anyone talking about a rematch not because nobody wants it but because no one was allowed to talk about it (and I understood the reasons why).

The other major Jurassic Park forum is Jurassic Park Outpost, wich from what I have seen has very very little activity and very very few active members. Like only 10 people post on a regular basis so one can not say what many people want based on just 10 members. (Not to mention they seem to not want the topic to be talked about there so...)

So that´s why I would not use JP message boards as the only proof of how there is or is not support for a rematch. The best way to go is google or YouTube. If you search Rex Spinosaurus rematch you find thousands and thousands of results. A very different story from what you would see on message boards. (I posted some of the pro rematch results you can find on page 2 of this thread)

I However have to agree with you guys, like I said on my earlier post, I do not feel confident about a rematch happening in Jurassic World 2. Wich is sad because I could understand them not being aware of things in the production of Jurassic World since it had been 14 years and writer Derek Connoly was not even a Jurassic Park fan prior to writing JW but...Now Colin Trevorrow saw that there is a petition for a rematch that has many articles and videos from fans all over the internet showing interest in the rematch, so for them to ignore it yet again... I don´t know, If I was a film director and fans told me that they have wanted something for 14 years, I just can´t see myself being like yeah whatever and ignoring it yet again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 506
Points : 2432
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2013-01-12
Age : 17
Location : Texas.

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:17 am

This is still a bad idea. Razz

_______________
Walking  Walking  Walking
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." -Michael Crichton
"The public has an appetite for anything about imagination - anything that is as far away from reality as is creatively possible." -Steven Spielberg
"In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought." -Ian Malcolm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Amanasaur Rex
Embryo
Embryo


Posts : 6
Points : 540
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:25 pm

In my opinion, I just want JWFK to be good movie, there is no need for another fight. The reason the 1st 2 were so memorable was not because of t-rex's it was because they were good movies, they would've worked with any large therapod and then that would've been everyones favourite dino.

I don't mind it whens its small bits of fan service like in Jurassic World with Malcom's books but a fight just to settle some 16 year old grudge even if it just a minute long is not needed with in the story. I hope Bayona's focused on making a good movie rather than any fan service.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1263
Points : 1905
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:47 pm

@Levine wrote:
This is still a bad idea. Razz

Having a rematch to please a vocal minority is the worst idea in the long, sad history of bad ideas and I'm gonna be there when they learn that.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Madden '18 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:53 pm

If a rematch were to happen, I doubt the reaction would be that negative. I just can't see the general audience, casual fans or even the hardcore fans in the theater watching the movie being like "They included the rematch!?!?! I am outta here!!!".

Neither can I see the critics being like "The rematch cancels every other good thing the movie did so the rematch alone makes the movie gabage".

In fact, I saw the Primal Carnage rematch video (Wich had millions of views) and most people seem to be ok with the idea of a rematch. I know others feel it is not necessary but what I disagree with is this sense of panic that a rematch will somehow destroy the fanbase and ruin the series reputation badly. In fact honestly I see very very few people being against it. Most people seem ok with it or just neutral and indifferent to it happening or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1117
Points : 1705
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:08 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
If a rematch were to happen, I doubt the reaction would be that negative. I just can't see the general audience, casual fans or even the hardcore fans in the theater watching the movie being like "They included the rematch!?!?! I am outta here!!!".  

Neither can I see the critics being like "The rematch cancels every other good thing the movie did so the rematch alone makes the movie gabage".

In fact, I saw the Primal Carnage rematch video (Wich had millions of views) and most people seem to be ok with the idea of a rematch. I know others feel it is not necessary but what I disagree with is this sense of panic that a rematch will somehow destroy the fanbase and ruin the series reputation badly. In fact honestly I see very very few people being against it. Most people seem ok with it or just neutral and indifferent to it happening or not.

That's the thing though, the GP probably wouldn't mind a rematch I think you're right. But I also think the general public certainly isn't begging for one.

So I see no purpose or incentive for universal unless it fits the story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:54 am

The casual audience does not generaly beg for anything specific other than being entertained from the movie but from my experience when the why behind the rematch is explained to them most seem to at the very least understand it and be on board with it

That's why I was pointing out that this notion or narrative that "the majority" thinks a rematch is "the worst thing" is not quite like that actually. If the vast majority of both the casual and hardcore fans hated the idea so much then that should be clearly reflected whenever one does a google search on the topic. I have done it many time and all I usually find is just 2 blogs and 2 reddit threads that are straight up against the rematch. On the other hand one can find thousands of videos, articles, comments, pics, and threads in favor of the rematch or at the very least talking about it in an optimistic tone. So if the vast majority of fans are so against it and those who support it are a tiny minority....shouldn't it be the other way around? Countless articles, videos, blogs and threads alarmed at the thought of a rematch and almost no evidence in it's favor?

But what you find is the opposite. Those who think the rematch would be the worst thing for the series are usually a few hardcore fans found in major Jurassic Park forums and that's about it. (By the way I am not trying to imply that their feelings on the rematch are not valid I am only pointing out that this notion that the majority hates the idea is not quite like that).

Its more like many more hardcore and casual fans than people think really want the rematch while the general public is kind of neutral about it (but not against it) and those who think it is the worst idea are usually a few of the hardcore fans on forums.

I will post some more evidence of the support of the rematch later.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
V.a.nublarensis
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 127
Points : 667
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 16

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:59 am

This applies to a lot of things, but using social media to measure the general public's opinion on something is a terrible idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3172
Points : 3824
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:45 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
If a rematch were to happen, I doubt the reaction would be that negative. I just can't see the general audience, casual fans or even the hardcore fans in the theater watching the movie being like "They included the rematch!?!?! I am outta here!!!".  

Neither can I see the critics being like "The rematch cancels every other good thing the movie did so the rematch alone makes the movie gabage".

In fact, I saw the Primal Carnage rematch video (Wich had millions of views) and most people seem to be ok with the idea of a rematch. I know others feel it is not necessary but what I disagree with is this sense of panic that a rematch will somehow destroy the fanbase and ruin the series reputation badly. In fact honestly I see very very few people being against it. Most people seem ok with it or just neutral and indifferent to it happening or not.

That's the thing though, the GP probably wouldn't mind a rematch I think you're right. But I also think the general public certainly isn't begging for one.

So I see no purpose or incentive for universal unless it fits the story.

The only incentive I see it that they might have to do it since trying to force-fed us that the one Spino skeleton that Rexy destroyed in JW was that of the JP3 Spino winded up failing since true fans were to smart to fall for that. I still find that a little insulting to the intelligence of the fanbase.

As for how, the only way how I see it happening is if they explain that the JP3 Spino was still alive and that they make my idea of having it a T. rex/Spino hybrid-the original super hybrid and that it was made to see how a hybrid would work. Now, it's gone too powerful and is wrecking to ecosystem of Sorna or that it was the original intent via Biosyn making it and man is unable to destroy it, but a new T. rex, one we haven't seen before, winds up defeating it. It would fit into the theme of 'Man not being able to fully control nature' of the books and the first 2 movies. It's the only way that I can of how it would be introduced to the story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:37 pm

Social media is very often a great tool to discover the truths that we might not be aware of in everyday life.

Maybe that's why some have doubts about how big this topic is. Back in 2001 we only had like 1 or 2 Jurassic Park forums so some might not remember the long threads of outrage at the though of the Spinosaurus species being established as the T Rex humilliating machines. But now that we have so many more social media outlets like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, can you imagine if the fight had taken place in 2017? The outrage would have been like 10 times much more visible in an in your face kind of way and the hashtag would spread like wildfire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 249
Points : 449
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 21
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:17 pm

I'm pretty sure a rematch could indeed be so out of tone with the rest of the movie that critics and audiences could view it as going too far or being too forced. Many already viewed the Indominus vs T-Rex fight to be like a superhero movie scene and too over-the-top.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 224
Points : 767
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 27
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:17 pm




Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3172
Points : 3824
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:29 pm

I can't help but wonder if it's possible to ret-con that one fight in JP3 as a modified rematch. Let me explain what I mean by that.

For some time, I've been advocating that the JP3 Spino to be ret-conned as a T. rex/Spino hybrid. This would not only explain the result, but would also explain the origin, why it looks so different then the new/modern Spinosaurus, and would connect the original trilogy with this new one.

My idea would have the 'normal' Spinos live in Sorna, but almost get wiped out by the T. rex population. Have a fight/curbstomp battls between a T. rex and 'proper' Spino with the Rex defeating the Spino handily. Then it's explained that JP3 Spino was a hybrid made to serve as a form of deterrence/counter to the native Rex population. The alpha male/grand protector of the Spino population, if you may.

In this scenario, we'd not only explain the origin but would get-sort of-a rematch. I honestly think at this point it would be the best compromise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1263
Points : 1905
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:30 pm

We dont need a rematch because a vocal minority says so, and before anyone brings up the dude who spammed Trevorrow's twitter the first time around, he didnt have many signatures like he claimed to have.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Madden '18 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1117
Points : 1705
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:13 am

@Dead2009 wrote:
We dont need a rematch because a vocal minority says so, and before anyone brings up the dude who spammed Trevorrow's twitter the first time around, he didnt have many signatures like he claimed to have.

Even if he did it would be the equivalent of a drop of water in a pool as far as the general public is concerned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject:    Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:55 am

No one can know for sure exactly how many fans are asking for a rematch unless someone literaly asked the millions of Jurassic Park fans around the world.

I can not tell you exact total of fans that want the rematch but what I can do is provide evidence that suggests that the topic is definetly not as insignificant as some of you might believe. For example, why would a well known website like scified.com (among others that I posted on page 2) write an entire article about Colin taking note of the desire for the rematch recognizing how big this issue was if this really is a non issue?

That's why I ask all of you to dig a litte deeper into this. Don't just go by personal experience or what you believe. For example, from 1999 untill around 2005 i thought the Star Wars prequels were as respected as the originals since I never met anyone who hated them in person. But when I decided to dig deeper on the internet I was shocked at how many disliked them. Same thing here. Many of you firmly believed that nobody wanted a rematch untill the evidence that I posted here. Same thing is is happening with this firm belif that those who want the rematch are a tiny minority. I am not suggesting we are a majority but I can provide more evidence that this is not as small as some of you might believe.

And even if we really were a minority, being a member of a minority does not make that person's wish or an argument invalid. Here are a few new videos wich explain the subject of the rematch more in depth. Just try to watch them with an open mind.

This one made by the Iceman explains very well the why behind it

https://youtu.be/_Z3btTtk48Q

This one is from Klayton Fiorini. One of the best videos you will find explaining the history of the situation and he gets why fans wanting a rematch is very valid better than anyone. (Also, notice that almost nobody is against the idea on the comments section).

https://youtu.be/oXiA2bBxkFs

This one is from Cretaceous The Hunted. A well known JP youtuber. Notice that in all of the videos that I post, the user does recognize that a lot of people still want a rematch.

https://youtu.be/kclR3NCrkNg

This italian article literaly calls the rematch "The fans deepest desire"

https://monstermovieitalia.com/2017/06/27/t-rex-contro-spinosauro-possibile-re-match-in-fallen-kingdom/

This one is from Hybrid Dinosaur. The tag team of JW was very Avengers like, I agree. A rematch if anything would be more "normal" since it would just be 2 predators fighting each other like lions and hyenas.

https://youtu.be/mjr5uUcjwSg
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 249
Points : 449
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 21
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:01 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
No one can know for sure exactly how many fans are asking for a rematch unless someone literaly asked the millions of Jurassic Park fans around the world.

I can not tell you exact total of fans that want the rematch but what I can do is provide evidence that suggests that the topic is definetly not as insignificant as some of you might believe. For example, why would a well known website like scified.com (among others that I posted on page 2) write an entire article about Colin taking note of the desire for the rematch recognizing how big this issue was if this really is a non issue?

That's why I ask all of you to dig a litte deeper into this. Don't just go by personal experience or what you believe. For example, from 1999 untill around 2005 i thought the Star Wars prequels were as respected as the originals since I never met anyone who hated them in person. But when I decided to dig deeper on the internet I was shocked at how many disliked them. Same thing here. Many of you firmly believed that nobody wanted a rematch untill the evidence that I posted here. Same thing is is happening with this firm belif that those who want the rematch are a tiny minority. I am not suggesting we are a majority but I can provide more evidence that this is not as small as some of you might believe.

And even if we really were a minority, being a member of a minority does not make that person's wish or an argument invalid. Here are a few new videos wich explain the subject of the rematch more in depth. Just try to watch them with an open mind.

This one made by the Iceman explains very well the why behind it

https://youtu.be/_Z3btTtk48Q

This one is from Klayton Fiorini. One of the best videos you will find explaining the history of the situation and he gets why fans wanting a rematch is very valid better than anyone. (Also, notice that almost nobody is against the idea on the comments section).

https://youtu.be/oXiA2bBxkFs

This one is from Cretaceous The Hunted. A well known JP youtuber. Notice that in all of the videos that I post, the user does recognize that a lot of people still want a rematch.

https://youtu.be/kclR3NCrkNg

This italian article literaly calls the rematch "The fans deepest desire"

https://monstermovieitalia.com/2017/06/27/t-rex-contro-spinosauro-possibile-re-match-in-fallen-kingdom/

This one is from Hybrid Dinosaur. The tag team of JW was very Avengers like, I agree. A rematch if anything would be more "normal" since it would just be 2 predators fighting each other like lions and hyenas.

https://youtu.be/mjr5uUcjwSg

It doesn't matter if they're the minority, but if it has no other reason to be part of the story then there's no point. I still haven't heard one convincing scenario where it would fit with the tone of the movie. The story sounds like it plays out as a Dinosaur rescue mission and then an illegal auction. Where does a Spinosaurus v T-Rex fight fit into this story without being completely forced? It doesn't really.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:55 pm

Remember the making of TLW featurette? When the production team was in pre production Spielberg suggested the idea of the T Rex in the mainland Kathleen Kennedy among others dismissed this idea arguing that it felt like a different movie. That idea was included in the movie however and most audiences seemed to be ok with it. Usually when TLW is hated on is because of the gymnastics scene or because of it not having that "awe" factor of the first.

Same thing could very well happen with a rematch in Fallen Kingdom. We should not be so sure that an idea will be bad just because of how it looks on paper or based on speculation. What if the rematch is just an opening scene? We find out that the JP3 Spino was indeed brought to Nublar for Jurassic World and it clashes with Rexy (Or any other T Rex) and then boom! We move on to the characters.

Or what about if a Spino was on the auction on the mainland. At some point the dinosaurs break lose right? (Like on every JP film). Spino is chasing the humans and runs into other dinosaurs that also escaped. Why not a T rex?

By the way here is yet another video by Vversion8. He literaly says "everyone has been wanting a rematch ever since "JP3"

https://youtu.be/uJ7xRc64EeY
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 534
Points : 1114
Reputation : 37
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:14 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Remember the making of TLW featurette? When the production team was in pre production Spielberg suggested the idea of the T Rex in the mainland  Kathleen Kennedy among others dismissed this idea arguing that it felt like a different movie.  

And she was absolutely right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1117
Points : 1705
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:30 am

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Remember the making of TLW featurette? When the production team was in pre production Spielberg suggested the idea of the T Rex in the mainland  Kathleen Kennedy among others dismissed this idea arguing that it felt like a different movie.  

And she was absolutely right.
I love TLW and I don’t hate the end by any means.

But growing up and seeing the film so many times it really is a jarring transition. I actually think it could have worked a lot better if the Rex hadn’t acted like Godzilla in some of the scenes. Some of it really feels like that type of movie imo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:57 am

I love the end of TLW. I never felt like "Oh this is so different that it takes me out of the movie" at all.

Yeah the San Diego sequence is a nod to King Kong and Godzilla and that is not a coincidence. People praise the first Jurassic Park so much for it's intelectual science talk that they forget it also had many giant monster movie elements because Spielberg wanted the series to have a big King Kongesque feel to it. That's why I argue that it is not that un Jurassic Park like to have 2 giant therapods fighting again. The series has alwas been a balance between the science talk and Godzillaesque elements.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 949
Points : 1538
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:13 am

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Remember the making of TLW featurette? When the production team was in pre production Spielberg suggested the idea of the T Rex in the mainland  Kathleen Kennedy among others dismissed this idea arguing that it felt like a different movie.  

And she was absolutely right.
I love TLW and I don’t hate the end by any means.

But growing up and seeing the film so many times it really is a jarring transition. I actually think it could have worked a lot better if the Rex hadn’t acted like Godzilla in some of the scenes. Some of it really feels like that type of movie imo.

IF the Rex was truly acting like Godzilla, we would have seen more smashed buildings and a sense of godlike indifference to humans, rather than a crazed mix of starvation, parental instinct and "locomotive" energy as Sarah put it. It was behaving as a lost animal would out of its environment, looking for food and water, and interacting with the metallic and concrete environment.

Also in humorous contrast to the other "Godzilla" film that came out the next year, the T. rex actually does LESS running away from humans than the creature many thousand times its own size!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 249
Points : 449
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 21
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:23 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Remember the making of TLW featurette? When the production team was in pre production Spielberg suggested the idea of the T Rex in the mainland  Kathleen Kennedy among others dismissed this idea arguing that it felt like a different movie.  That idea was included in the movie however and most audiences seemed to be ok with it. Usually when TLW  is hated on is because of the gymnastics scene or because of it not having that "awe" factor of the first.

Same thing could very well happen with a rematch in Fallen Kingdom. We should not be so sure that an idea will be bad just because of how it looks on paper or based on speculation. What if the rematch is just an opening scene? We find out that the JP3 Spino was indeed brought to Nublar for Jurassic World and it clashes with Rexy (Or any other T Rex) and then boom! We move on to the characters.

Or what about if a Spino was on the auction on the mainland. At some point the dinosaurs break lose right? (Like on every JP film). Spino is chasing the humans and runs into other dinosaurs that also escaped. Why not a T rex?

By the way here is yet another video by Vversion8. He  literaly says "everyone has been wanting a rematch ever since "JP3"

https://youtu.be/uJ7xRc64EeY

Bringing Dinosaurs back to the mainland was the intention of Ludlow throughout the movie, it made sense that he tried to bring back a prize Dinosaur to put into his theme park. It completely fit with the tone of the movie. I just can't say the same for the rematch, it's too random.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 115
Points : 303
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:22 am

This is why art so relative and subjective some feel think the end of TLW was way out of tone with the movie while others think it was right in tone with it. Nobody is right or wrong. Same thing with how the rematch would fit into the movie.

But if it is of any comfort, remember when Jurassic World's ideas were starting to be revealed on mid 2014. I remember there were fans who were legit worried about how the idea of a mutant dinosaur sounded on paper not to mention there were some straight up mad at the thought of the raptors being turned into superheroish "pets". Some fans were like "There goes the series"

In fact, let's imagine it's 2014 for a second. If I told you for the first time that in the next Jurassic sequel there will be a raptor squad who are sideckicks to the good guy who as soon as they talk go the mutant dinosaur they swich sides and turn "evil" only to later turn "good" once again when they see how "evil" their new master is...

I am sure many of you would be like "Wait what!? That sounds so ridiculous and so un JP like!!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   

Back to top Go down
 
T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.
» Post your LEGO Jurassic World Custom Character Codes here!
» Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List
» Jurassic Park Builder/Jurassic World The Game Thread
» Jurassic World Evolution Dinosaur List Speculation Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: