Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3

Go down 
+35
Sickle_Claw
IllOrfanato
Tyrant Lizard
Six-Foot Turkey
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
V.a.nublarensis
Gondrasia
Amanasaur Rex
AJFU
TRK/TrexKing
JP_Korea
CT-1138
brunofernando
Robotpo
NolaJP
K_Ozz92
The Geeky Zoologist
BoulderFaceplant
Baryonyx111
Trexbreakout
deinocoop
DinoMike
Bbrink1996
baryonyx7
Pachyrhinosaurus
Levine
Océane
Spinosaur4.4
TyrannoFan
#TRexSpinorematch
Oviraptor
TheDreamMaster
Dr. Wu
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 1:02 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
the title was cool and all but i was hoping to get some more stills too. Heres to hoping we get something special soon, like tomorrow soon haha wishful thinking.

Tbh the title is more important to me then stills and stills can probably wait another month after this.

Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 1:28 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
the title was cool and all but i was hoping to get some more stills too. Heres to hoping we get something special soon, like tomorrow soon haha wishful thinking.

Tbh the title is more important to me then stills and stills can probably wait another month after this.
Yea that is true, but stills let you actually see the film. Either way i gotta be patient ha
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 1:32 am

Just leaving this here:

https://twitter.com/JurassicJune/status/878061445816229889

Yeah. Yeah.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 1:37 am

Claire in the hamster ball.

https://twitter.com/JurassicWorld_4/status/878015419964993537

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 2:57 am

According to ReelToursHawaii, we will see the old Ford Explorer No.4 that Rexy smashed up in JP make an appearance :

https://www.facebook.com/ReelNewsHawaii/

Flashback or Modern day scene? scratch
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 3:15 am

Also did anyone else notice Pratt said yesterday was Day 80 for filming. I thought that was interesting as JW was shot in 78 days & we know they have about another 3 weeks left of filming so I think we can be pretty confident this film will be longer than JW & possibly the longest in the franchise beating out TLW's 129min runtime?
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 4:54 am

dance2nite wrote:
Also did anyone else notice Pratt said yesterday was Day 80 for filming. I thought that was interesting as JW was shot in 78 days & we know they have about another 3 weeks left of filming so I think we can be pretty confident this film will be longer than JW & possibly the longest in the franchise beating out TLW's 129min runtime?

Bryce said that there were a lot of re writes and things added to the script recently so maybe that´s why filming has taken more time.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 4:18 pm

Was listening to the empire podcast #268 and they were interviewing Colin and it sounds like that there will be a lot more animatronics this time around.
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 4:28 pm

^ We already have leaks of like 5+ animatronics, so that's something.

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 5:08 pm

They aren't animatronics, they are just puppets.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Oviraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 5:14 pm

I hope the animatronics look better than the puppets.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 5:44 pm

Yeah, every time I see a shot of a dinosaur stand in out in the open (and not obscured by cage bars, trees or wraps), I can't help but think to myself "there is no way a modern day audience member is going to be fooled by these after the last four films' use of convincing animatronics". I mean the photo were you see only the top part of the Stegosaurus plates is solid, but the lying down Triceratops didn't do it for me at all...

The other thing is that because of the need for controlled conditions, the vast majority of animatronics work takes place on the studio sets. What we got in Jurassic Park with the sick Triceratops, and later with the Stegosaurs in The Lost World, were exceptional cases and required a master director (like Spielberg) to pull off as well as they were in the final films. So, I can accept that these are just stand-ins for the actors and extras, which will probably be replaced by (hopefully) high quality CGI if need be. Lets hope that quality is shown when JW: Fallen Kingdom is released.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 6:11 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Yeah, every time I see a shot of a dinosaur stand in out in the open (and not obscured by cage bars, trees or wraps), I can't help but think to myself "there is no way a modern day audience member is going to be fooled by these after the last four films' use of convincing animatronics". I mean the photo were you see only the top part of the Stegosaurus plates is solid, but the lying down Triceratops didn't do it for me at all...

The other thing is that because of the need for controlled conditions, the vast majority of animatronics work takes place on the studio sets. What we got in Jurassic Park with the sick Triceratops, and later with the Stegosaurs in The Lost World, were exceptional cases and required a master director (like Spielberg) to pull off as well as they were in the final films. So, I can accept that these are just stand-ins for the actors and extras, which will probably be replaced by (hopefully) high quality CGI if need be. Lets hope that quality is shown when JW: Fallen Kingdom is released.

I get the impression that a lot of the puppet leaks we've been seeing will be background animals and things of that ilk. A couple of them didn't look great to me either, but I very much so don't think it's likely that we'll see second rate special effects this time around.

Also, the T. rex puppet looks phenomenal.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 6:14 pm

The puppets didn't impress me. Hope the animatronics are better.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Damn practical effects.

MOAR CGI!!!!!1

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 6:21 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Damn practical effects.

MOAR CGI!!!!!1
You know, some CGI impress me way more than pratical effects.  Wink  

I have a lot of respect for visual effects people, it's not easy to make good impressive CGI and even more to impress the lame CGI hate trendy GA we have today. Major props for the VFX people. Just take the new Planet of the Apes movie, that is the proof CGI can do a lot of amazing stuff that NO other pratical effect can.

CGI is the future.

Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 7:40 pm

Yea i also think that all those puppets that we have been seeing, will just be in the distance/background or maybe just replaced with cgi. Has an actual animatronic been leaked? because everything that i have seen so far just seems like a puppet.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 7:48 pm

No, I don't think so.

Back to top Go down
Pachyrhinosaurus
Hatchling
Hatchling
Pachyrhinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 8:30 pm

I'm guessing they'll use them in scenes where neither CG or animatronics are practical. Perhaps they'll be in trailers or in the backgrounds of wide shots where we couldn't/wouldn't see them move anyways.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 10:29 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Yep! That confirms something I believe I pmed you and a few others pretty much. Looks like the source was legit.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 11:18 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Yep! That confirms something I believe I pmed you and a few others pretty much. Looks like the source was legit.

Quite a few of those things we can't discuss are coming together.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 23, 2017 11:45 pm

kinda hard to see claire in those pics. But i guess that is our first look at her costume. Seems like Owen will just have that blue shirt on, i hope he brings back the vest from jw or something similar to it.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 9:03 am

Owen's outfit is simple and not criative. I fear for the other characters. Sad

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:39 pm

Also the Chronicle guy said this on the weekly chat on the Chronicle Collectibles live stream

Quote :
theres dinosaurs that you havent seen before, theres dinosaurs that weve seen before" "there's fight scenes we havent seen before"

Before a certain member gets too excited, I will say again that there is no mention of a spino anywhere in this movie. However the Rex might be fighting something else, if all leaks are right.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Also the Chronicle guy said this on the weekly chat on the Chronicle Collectibles live stream

Quote :
theres dinosaurs that you havent seen before, theres dinosaurs that weve seen before" "there's fight scenes we havent seen before"

Before a certain member gets too excited, I will say again that there is no mention of a spino anywhere in this movie. However the Rex might be fighting something else, if all leaks are right.

The JP3 Spino was at Sorna anyway. Besides, instead of seeing a T. rex fight something, I want to see a pair of male Triceratops fight to see who's the alpha male. A Stegosaurus fighting a Ceratosaurus. Something different yet old school.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Quote :

The JP3 Spino was at Sorna anyway. Besides, instead of seeing a T. rex fight something, I want to see a pair of male Triceratops fight to see who's the alpha male. A Stegosaurus fighting a Ceratosaurus. Something different yet old school.

And realistic. No more hero dino vs villain dino please
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 1:03 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Quote :

Don´t worry I am not excited at all. Ever since I saw that everything seems to point out that this will be yet another sequel that plays it very safe by only having connections to the original Jurassic Park while avoiding most things The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 related, I said to myself... Well...there goes almost any chance of a Spinosaurus showing up in Jurassic World 2.

I however have to ask...There are still a few more weeks of principal photography, and Bryce Dallas Howard said there were plenty of re writes in the script...

That in addition to the fact that if a Spinosaurus were to appear and have some action in the movie it would most likely be done in CGI right?

So maybe that´s why no one has seen anything Spino? If it has some action it would be very little and all CGI?

(I am just asking out of curiosity, I fully recognize that the possibilities of a Spino showing up are very very very small).

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 2:45 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Quote :

Any other juicy tidbits from the livestream?
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 4:08 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Quote :

"theres dinosaurs that you havent seen before, theres dinosaurs that weve seen before. we will see new parts the old park"

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 5:15 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Quote :

"theres dinosaurs that you havent seen before, theres dinosaurs that weve seen before. we will see new parts the old park"
Bunkers.

By the way, hope Rexy doesn't fight any herbivore, bc we know how that will end and I'm tired of seeing herbivores die when they clearly can do a lot of damage. You don't dare make a Triceratops loose to a T.rex, you just don't.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3
Page 5 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19 ... 34  Next