Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 General Jurassic World 2 News Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:52 pm

So it is official that Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly are making re writes to the Jurassic World 2 script?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 160
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 21
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:00 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Ouch. Sucks for Trevs.

What are people saying the issues with the film are?

The tonal shifts, the weirdness, the quirkiness, the attempts at tearjerking the audience and the plot in general. Apparently, it was well-acted, so that means Trevorrow was able to get good performances. It seems like the writing is what blew it, though. If the script is bad, no director will save it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2734
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:10 pm

I'm starting to think if JW's success was more of a Spielberg movie (albeit one that wasn't like his others) via him being the Executive Producer rather then Trevorrow's directing/writing. It's like how Justice League is more of Ben Affleck's movie via him being the Executive Producer rather then being Zach Snyder's and now Joss Whedon's movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 362
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:34 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
So it is official that Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly are making re writes to the Jurassic World 2 script?

No, according to Jurassic Outpost the rewrites most likely happened last Summer under Bayona's guidance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 827
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:10 pm

dance2nite wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
So it is official that Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly are making re writes to the Jurassic World 2 script?

No, according to Jurassic Outpost the rewrites most likely happened last Summer under Bayona's guidance.
Which makes the leaks most likely are still true! Since they would be based on the most recent rewrite.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2734
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:41 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
So it is official that Colin Trevorrow and Derek Connolly are making re writes to the Jurassic World 2 script?

No, according to Jurassic Outpost the rewrites most likely happened last Summer under Bayona's guidance.
Which makes the leaks most likely are still true! Since they would be based on the most recent rewrite.

This would also mean that Bayona has far more power into making this movie then what we ever thought. I like this news. Hopefully, the next director is more like him via having more power into making the movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 362
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:44 am

Going by Reel Tours Hawaii's latest set pics, the volcano (Mt.Sibo) erupting is all but officially confirmed, there is lots of smoke burning all over the landscape.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:50 am

So with Claire and Owen back, Rexy and Blue back, Isla Nublar back, Dr Malcolm back, Dr Wu back, Gyrospheres back, the old park back, and no hints of anything Isla Sorna related...

Is it safe to say that we are in for yet another sequel that will only have connections to Jurassic Park and Jurassic World and no connection whatsoever to The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 ?

(I am just asking out of curiosity).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 23
Location : The Hammond Creation Lab

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:20 pm

Chris Stuckmann gave The Book of Henry a B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4pC1AqgmVA&t=220s

And on Rotten Tomatoes the audience score for the film is currently at 73%.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:20 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
So with Claire and Owen back, Rexy and Blue back, Isla Nublar back, Dr Malcolm back, Dr Wu back, Gyrospheres back, the old park back, and no hints of anything Isla Sorna related...

Is it safe to say that we are in for yet another sequel that will only have connections to Jurassic Park and Jurassic World and no connection whatsoever to The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 ?

(I am just asking out of curiosity).
All that can be said without going into leaks or spoilers is that it's been said Sorna should at least be getting a mention.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2734
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:01 pm

Here's an interesting article about JW2/JP5 possibly getting a new ending.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oviraptor
Embryo
Embryo


Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:03 pm

New role, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3016166/?ref_=tt_cl_t12

Robert Emms ... Jack
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 827
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:20 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
Chris Stuckmann gave The Book of Henry a B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4pC1AqgmVA&t=220s

And on Rotten Tomatoes the audience score for the film is currently at 73%.

Critics gave it a 25 percent.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_book_of_henry/

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 23
Location : The Hammond Creation Lab

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:
Chris Stuckmann gave The Book of Henry a B.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4pC1AqgmVA&t=220s

And on Rotten Tomatoes the audience score for the film is currently at 73%.

Critics gave it a 25 percent.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_book_of_henry/

Yup. It appears to be another case of critics vs. audiences.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:52 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
So with Claire and Owen back, Rexy and Blue back, Isla Nublar back, Dr Malcolm back, Dr Wu back, Gyrospheres back, the old park back, and no hints of anything Isla Sorna related...

Is it safe to say that we are in for yet another sequel that will only have connections to Jurassic Park and Jurassic World and no connection whatsoever to The Lost World and Jurassic Park 3 ?

(I am just asking out of curiosity).
All that can be said without going into leaks or spoilers is that it's been said Sorna should at least be getting a mention.

Yeah but that´s about it...Everything else seems to point out at a sequel that will only have connections to Jurassic Park and Jurassic World with so many elements from those movies returning.

And I am not opposed to Jurassic World 2 having a lot of connections to JP and JW. (I love nostalgia) What I find dissapointing is it having no connection to The Lost World...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 23
Location : The Hammond Creation Lab

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:36 pm

A mention of Sorna is a connection to TLW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 978
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:10 pm

If anyone knows anything about Sorna please pm me here or on twitter. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:01 am

Anyone else check out that article about Malcolm's dialogue? interesting that colin continues to borrow lines from the book. Also i think its pretty much confirmed that we have seen pratt's costume, reminds me of his white shirt from jw instead its blue. Pretty much the same shirt from uncharted 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 827
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:23 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Anyone else check out that article about Malcolm's dialogue? interesting that colin continues to borrow lines from the book. Also i think its pretty much confirmed that we have seen pratt's costume, reminds me of his white shirt from jw instead its blue. Pretty much the same shirt from uncharted 4.

Although his absence from Hawaii continues to make me think his scenes are mainland only. And probably in the beginning.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 362
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:43 am

Here is what Colin said in regards to Malcolm's dialogue + some new info on the film itself :

"You know, I did rely on [Michael] Crichton for a lot. I used a lot of Crichton dialogue. Maybe one of my highlights of this whole process is Goldblum. Jeff Goldblum called me – and I’m not going to do an impression – but he was like, ‘Look, I’ve added a couple of things, and I thought I’d perform it for you.’ [Laughs] Oh, great, okay. So, we sat on the phone for an hour as he ran these lines, and I talked about it. And, I mean, that’s – it was almost better than being there on set. It was great.”

It’s just deeper, more character-based, and it definitely leans into suspense, especially in the second half. It does have the big action in the middle. There’s a sequence in the middle that I’ve been watching – I mean, I watch dailies every day – but I’ve started to see stuff come together, and it’s just insane." I apologise to those who thought they were never gonna need to see another Jurassic World movie because I think J.A Bayona is going to prove them wrong". ”

“I was the on-set writer for the movie, so I was there every day making sure that J.A. [Bayona] had everything that he needed. It was just such a rich, positive collaboration and by far my favorite [production] experience in my life so far. J.A. and I are pretty deeply connected when it comes to this franchise and what it needs and the kind of risks that we want to take. We’re definitely making a bold, new movie. It’s not going to be the same old thing you’ve seen before. I love that partnership, and I can’t wait for people to see what we’ve done.”

http://jurassicoutpost.com/ian-malcolm-dialog-borrowed-novel-jurassic-world-2-jeff-goldblum-added/

cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:23 am

Colin sure knows how to get me hyped. I'm ok with Ian Malcolm not going back to the island.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 362
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:29 am

Yeah it would make no sense for Malcolm to return to the islands after what he has gone through. I am very happy with him having mainland scenes only.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannoFan
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 20
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:49 am

It would make sense to not have him go back to the Islands. There is no way you'd convince him. Literally the only reason he went last time was because he was worried for Sarah (though its arguable whether she was really in that much danger). He has good reason to stay away from these Islands, since things always go to scheiße eventually. I imagine him having snarky and cynical comments about the situation, and not all that much more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 865
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:07 am

I'm so glad we'll get Malcolm from the novel and not the movie one. I'm so so glad. This makes me more calm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:47 am

I like that Trevs is using quite a bit of Crichton dialogue. Hopefully we'll get a lot of chaos Razz

Or maybe Malcolm will be doped up on morphine for his scenes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 865
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:54 am

Hope they get more dialogues too. Maybe some for Wu too, or modified ones.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 160
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 21
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:06 am

I was just reading The Lost World where he's doped up on morphine. Honestly, I don't like the book version of Malcolm very much. He's infinitely more preachy and goes off on one in ridiculous situations. I want to see Levine and Thorne make an appearance in this franchise at some point!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 865
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:29 am

I rather get novel Malcolm than JP Malcolm. Seriously. At least he's more serious and to the point without being TOO much anti-science.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 160
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 21
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:31 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I rather get novel Malcolm than JP Malcolm. Seriously. At least he's more serious and to the point without being TOO much anti-science.

I feel like JP3 made fun of novel Malcolm when Eric describes his book as being "too preachy". That's exactly how I feel towards Malcolm in the books. Especially in The Lost World novel. Thorne was badass, though. He deserves a film counterpart!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:41 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I rather get novel Malcolm than JP Malcolm. Seriously. At least he's more serious and to the point without being TOO much anti-science.

I feel like JP3 made fun of novel Malcolm when Eric describes his book as being "too preachy". That's exactly how I feel towards Malcolm in the books. Especially in The Lost World novel. Thorne was badass, though. He deserves a film counterpart!

Yeah, he just rambled on and on in the books, huh?

I'm hoping we get a Malcolm more akin to the first film then the second.

I feel like movie Eddie was sort of like a cross between novel Eddie and Thorne xD


Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 160
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 21
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:45 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I rather get novel Malcolm than JP Malcolm. Seriously. At least he's more serious and to the point without being TOO much anti-science.

I feel like JP3 made fun of novel Malcolm when Eric describes his book as being "too preachy". That's exactly how I feel towards Malcolm in the books. Especially in The Lost World novel. Thorne was badass, though. He deserves a film counterpart!

Yeah, he just rambled on and on in the books, huh?

I'm hoping we get a Malcolm more skin to the first film then the second.

I feel like movie Eddie was sort of like a cross between novel Eddie and Thorne xD

He did haha

Me too, he was my favourite.

I think you're right about Eddie being a mix of both Eddie and Thorne from the book. He pretty much got all of Thorne's action scenes. Is there still hope for Levine to show up? That'd be cool. Maybe he isn't needed since we already have a bunch of scientist characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 827
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:50 am

Im not sure but i think we may be getting a Malcolm speech in the beginning similar to his long rant in the beginning of TLW novel. No island scenes for him.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 172
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 23
Location : The Hammond Creation Lab

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:15 pm

The only way for Malcolm to be an island full of dinosaurs is if he gets kidnapped and well that would be stupid.

Malcolm on the mainland only makes since but if his role is short then they shouldn't had confirmed him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 827
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:22 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
The only way for Malcolm to be an island full of dinosaurs is if he gets kidnapped and well that would be stupid.

Malcolm on the mainland only makes since but if his role is short then they shouldn't had confirmed him.

I think the news would've come by anyways but I dont get this attitude where the fandom absolutely refuses to accept a short cameo rather then a 'full on main character' status.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:55 pm

I feel like he will play a supporting role, bigger than a cameo, but definitely not a protagonist. He will prob appear in the beginning and the end. I could see a way of them getting him onto the island, is by making justice smith's character his son. But that would be redudant ha so all the action scenes will prob be with claire and owen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:11 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:
The only way for Malcolm to be an island full of dinosaurs is if he gets kidnapped and well that would be stupid.

Malcolm on the mainland only makes since but if his role is short then they shouldn't had confirmed him.

I think the news would've come by anyways but I dont get this attitude where the fandom absolutely refuses to accept a short cameo rather then a 'full on main character' status.

I certainly think it'll be more than a "short cameo". If all it were was that, why even announce it? All it would end up doing is pissing people off.

I've said it before, but I think his role will be similar in size and scope to Leonard Nimoy's role in J.J Abrams Star Trek. Certainly a secondary role, but a significant one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 865
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 3:30 pm

I personally don't care, and I hope he has something btw 5 and 10 minutes screentime. The less, the better. I don't want Malcolm appearing just for useless fanservice, and I hope he is important for the story, but not that much that needs him in every scene.

I want screentime spent in other characters. Now is the time. I feel I'll not have the same chance again.

But I think in the end everyone will be happy, the people that go only to see Jeff and the rest of the fans too.


I told this before and I'll say again: He is a supporting role, mark my words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oviraptor
Embryo
Embryo


Posts : 14
Join date : 2016-06-12

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:40 pm

New role, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4881806/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

Emanuel Coelho ... Airstrip Ground Crew
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:05 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
A mention of Sorna is a connection to TLW.

Yeah but I was kind of hoping for something a little more than just someone saying the words Isla Sorna once.

After all, we have not been to Isla Sorna since 2001, that´s 16 years without knowing almost anything about the status of the Island that was the main setting for 2 movies and a huge part of the Ingen Story.

Now I am not saying that Jurassic World 2 has to take place on Isla Sorna for the most part but at least getting a glimpse of it would have been nice.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2734
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:57 pm

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:
A mention of Sorna is a connection to TLW.

Yeah but I was kind of hoping for something a little more than just someone saying the words Isla Sorna once.

After all, we have not been to Isla Sorna since 2001, that´s 16 years without knowing almost anything about the status of the Island that was the main setting for 2 movies and a huge part of the Ingen Story.

Now I am not saying that Jurassic World 2 has to take place on Isla Sorna for the most part but at least getting a glimpse of it would have been nice.

As I've said before. Universal has learned the wrong lessons from the initial GA reaction the the first 2 sequels. With the initail GA reaction to TLW being mixed, though it has improved as time has gone by, and that of JP3 being outright negative by both the GA and fans, Universal is of the mindset that people don't like Sorna. Which is an absurd conclusion. And with JP3, Universal only has themselves to blame since they didn't care about the the actual movie at all, least least besides how much money it would make.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 164
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Well with colin in charge of writing these films, im sure he is aware that there are people that want to see sorna, especially since he is active with social media. The problem is how do they fit it in without it feeling forced?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2734
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:29 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Well with colin in charge of writing these films, im sure he is aware that there are people that want to see sorna, especially since he is active with social media. The problem is how do they fit it in without it feeling forced?

The only way how I see that happening is if Universal makes an animated TV show that connects the two trilogies together like Star Wars: Rebels does with the prequels and the OT. But given how we STILL haven't even got that IDW JW comic book series, yet...Yeah, don't hold your breath unless someone else gets the rights.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 478
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:36 pm

I could potentially see a scene at the end of the franchise where all of the animals that were relocated to the mainland in JW2 end up being transferred to Sorna, and we get something similar to the final scene of TLW.

I mean, what else are they going to do with all of the dinosaurs that are supposedly being brought to the mainland in JW2?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2734
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:44 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I could potentially see a scene at the end of the franchise where all of the animals that were relocated to the mainland in JW2 end up being transferred to Sorna, and we get something similar to the final scene of TLW.

I mean, what else are they going to do with all of the dinosaurs that are supposedly being brought to the mainland in JW2?

That's what I'm thinking too. Although, I'd like to see a few get transferred to at least one of the other islands as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 102
Join date : 2017-05-28

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:42 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:
A mention of Sorna is a connection to TLW.

Yeah but I was kind of hoping for something a little more than just someone saying the words Isla Sorna once.

After all, we have not been to Isla Sorna since 2001, that´s 16 years without knowing almost anything about the status of the Island that was the main setting for 2 movies and a huge part of the Ingen Story.

Now I am not saying that Jurassic World 2 has to take place on Isla Sorna for the most part but at least getting a glimpse of it would have been nice.

As I've said before. Universal has learned the wrong lessons from the initial GA reaction the the first 2 sequels. With the initail GA reaction to TLW being mixed, though it has improved as time has gone by, and that of JP3 being outright negative by both the GA and fans, Universal is of the mindset that people don't like Sorna. Which is an absurd conclusion. And with JP3, Universal only has themselves to blame since they didn't care about the the actual movie at all, least least besides how much money it would make.

I know that´s why I made the thread on the myth that nobody likes The Lost World. It seems that Universal believes that myth to be true and made Jurassic World and Jurassic World 2 according to it.

But at the same time we live on the era that everyone can do a well done investigation to find out if that myth is really true. We live in the era of the internet, YouTube, social media and message boards, so if the dig a little deeper they would find out that TLW is very well liked among the very hardcore fans.

But seeing that from everything we know so far...JW2 will only have conections and elements of JP and JW for the second sequel in a row wich is clear indication that they believe that myth to some degree. Now I am not saying that JW will be a bad movie because of that. Don´t get me wrong. I am only pointing out that it seems obvious that we are in for yet another sequel that acts like JP and JW are the only 2 movies in the franchise.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World 2 News Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
General Jurassic World 2 News Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Jurassic Park Builder/Jurassic World The Game Thread
» General Jurassic World 2 News Thread
» Post your LEGO Jurassic World Custom Character Codes here!
» Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List
» The Official 'Man Of Steel' Non-News Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom News-
Jump to: