Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.

HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:33 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Yep but I rather not have any kid in JW FK at all. I'm glad this useless Lucy kid won't be annoying in all scenes, looks like smaller role.

I don't think it's quite fair to say she's "useless" until we know the context of the role.

For all we know she could be the one that sets the Indoraptor loose! xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:40 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Whatculture article- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom- 8 Reasons Why Fans Should be Worried.

http://whatculture.com/film/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-8-reasons-why-the-fans-should-be-worried?rf=homepage

^ Proof that these so called "writers" don't have to do a lick of actual research before creating a clickbait article.

My favorite is #3- Colin Trevorrow's absence. Whatculture is one of the sites that routinely runs JW into the ground, and now they're saying that his absence should worry fans xD

To be fair, I do agree with point 6. Unless the JP3 Spino gets ret-conned as a T. rex/Spino hybrid made to protect the 'pure' Spinos from T. rex attack (my idea is that they were being wiped out until the JP3 Spino came along), then the Indoraptor should be the last hybrid.

#6 is probably the only point I somewhat agree with as well.

The rest of it is mostly hogwash though.

I'm still slightly worried that we might see a homocraptor in JP6/JW3, but I don't think that's likely since the backlash would be worse then the notorious fight scene in JP3.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:57 pm

Not worried about J.A. Bayona in the slightest. Just hope the writing is good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:33 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Yep but I rather not have any kid in JW FK at all. I'm glad this useless Lucy kid won't be annoying in all scenes, looks like smaller role.

I don't think it's quite fair to say she's "useless" until we know the context of the role.

For all we know she could be the one that sets the Indoraptor loose! xD
Oh if she releases it and it ends up killing Wu, I'll want to enter the screen and make Indoraptor tear her apart.  Laughing

But seriously, I hope she doesn't end up being stupid to release the dinosaurs and put a lot of lifes in danger. If she does that, yep, she deserves to die or suffer her entire life failing in everything she tries.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:36 pm

So what are my actual chances of seeing carnotaurus? 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:16 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:

With the Indoraptor essentially playing the role of TLW novel Carno, I'd say slim to none.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:18 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:

With the Indoraptor essentially playing the role of TLW novel Carno, I'd say slim to none.

Damn. That's like a double kick to the balls with no Dilo. I just don't understand universal. I know spino4.4 will disagree but I think new(real) animals and returning favorites are far more interesting than hybrids.

I mean ideally we could have both but it just doesn't seem like something they want to do for whatever reason. The trolling with the Dilo is getting me annoyed to the extreme. It just feels like there are so many amazing animals that actually existed that we could be seeing in addition to the hybrid. 

I wonder if the Indoraptor could be part Carnotaurus

I will admit this one reason I want more than just two last films. I want to see more new animals that never got a chance. 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bbrink1996
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:48 am

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:

Where do you get all this info on the Indoraptor? Do you know things we don't? tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DinoMike
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:23 am

I do actually believe we'll get to see both Carnotaurus and Baryonyx - maybe not in an important role, but I think they'll be present. Remember Trevorrow's comments about the dinosaurs being open source now and other people being able to make them - maybe Lockwood has his own dinosaurs. I agree that the Indoraptor will get more limelight though.

I doubt the Carno will have its TLW novel camo powers though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NolaJP
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:25 am

Folks, I highly doubt we see Carnotaurus. We aren't going to Sorna (so it seems) and even if we were, there were 2 movies to establish it as one of the breeds on the island. The Indominus' camo abilities were lifted straight from the Carno in TLW. That's probably as close as you are going to get to seeing it on screen.

Baryonyx is highly likely, seeing as it was one of the attractions at Jurassic World, and we heading back to Nublar.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:47 am

@Bbrink1996 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:

Where do you get all this info on the Indoraptor? Do you know things we don't? tongue

Just speculating based on what we know.

A miniature version of the Indominus was mentioned in JW. The insider from a while back confirmed it would be in the next film. The Indominus has camo abilities, as does the novel Carno. The last act of JW:FK is said to be very suspenseful, and involve the new hybrid.

Put it all together, and I'd say we're in for something very similar to the Carno scene from TLW novel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:45 am

I still bet we'll see Carnotaurus and Baryonyx. Let me dream. XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:24 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I think a Baryonyx is certainly more likely, as it brings the possibility of a different type of scene. No other dinosaur that we know is confirmed can bring what the Bary could potentially bring.

However, the Indoraptor makes the addition of a Carnotaurus pretty redundant.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:02 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I think a Baryonyx is certainly more likely, as it brings the possibility of a different type of scene. No other dinosaur that we know is confirmed can bring what the Bary could potentially bring.

However, the Indoraptor makes the addition of a Carnotaurus pretty redundant.

I can't help but wonder if they will do the Baryonyx it right as a form of to make up of how it's 'big bro'-the JP3 Spino-was so poorly handled via having being shoved down our throats. I'd like to see it ambush and actually kill, some of the Ingen troops or a medium sized dinosaur.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:43 pm

Well we know that the Stygimoloch will be in the film so why not have more new dinosaurs like the Carnotaurus? I don't think it would have its camouflaging ability from TLW novel due to the Indominus having it but it could still appear and be captured like the Stygimoloch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:47 am

@Dr. Wu wrote:
Well we know that the Stygimoloch will be in the film so why not have more new dinosaurs like the Carnotaurus? I don't think it would have its camouflaging ability from TLW novel due to the Indominus having it but it could still appear and be captured like the Stygimoloch.

I agree about the Carno but I don't think it was on Nublar? scratch
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NolaJP
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:17 am

Yea I think there is a lot of wishful thinking with the Carno. It isn't film canon, and we aren't even going to the island where it was novel canon. Even if we were going to that island, the previous 2 movies that took place there didn't mention it being on the island.

I think the filmmakers were certainly intrigued by the Carno from TLW novel, and they cherry picked the camouflage trait to create the Indominus, and now the Indoraptor. There is only so much screen time for the main predator dinos. Everyone knows the Rex and raptors will be there, we can assume the Mosasaur as well at the beginning, and of course the new hybrid at the end.

The Dilophosaurus is the predator that makes the most sense to reintroduce to the series. Alas, it appears they are ignoring that as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:45 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWc7OTqBPFTujBSytIfSz1q35LhzlNxMQZ2iwk0/?taken-by=jurassicworldtrilogy

"Screaming woman" was added to the IMDB cast today. She was supposedly filming scenes with Toby Jones.

Mainland confirmed x10000

Robotpo
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:51 pm

Wasn't there a source who said that the Stygimoloch, Carnotaurus, and Baryonyx were all in the film, before a pic of the former turned up? If he/she was right about the Stygimoloch, then it's very possible the other two could appear as well.

IMO if it's in, the Carnotaurus could appear on the island - possibly as something, like the Raptors, kept separate from the theme park attractions, possibly as it was too dangerous to have around visitors - and the Indoraptor might well turn up at Lockwood's manor around the time the auction occurs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:51 pm

Here's how Bryce Dallas Howard wrapped up JW:FK.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWatmHKAtz4/

It's very heartwarming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:57 pm

Wonder what roles Toby and Raffe are getting.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:58 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Wonder what roles Toby and Raffe are getting.

If i had to guess.

Toby is the futile scientist from Lockwood's mansion who works with Wu.

Rafe is Claire's futile new boyfriend who dies later at the end.

DinoMike
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:37 pm

@Robotpo wrote:
Wasn't there a source who said that the Stygimoloch, Carnotaurus, and Baryonyx were all in the film, before a pic of the former turned up? If he/she was right about the Stygimoloch, then it's very possible the other two could appear as well.

My thinking exactly I can agree
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:33 pm

This film is supposedly aimed to have the most Dinosaur screen time. Perhaps much more Dinosaur species will be shown.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:36 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
This film is supposedly aimed to have the most Dinosaur screen time. Perhaps much more Dinosaur species will be shown.

With a 250 million dollar budget I would certainly hope so.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:39 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

With a 250 million dollar budget I would certainly hope so.

I don't even remember what the budget was for the first.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:00 pm

If the Carno or Dilo appears it is probably at Wu's new lab or at Lockwood's manor. As for Baryonyx, I'd say it will get a Nublar scene since it was one of JW's attractions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:08 pm

question for ya'll. What if indoraptor was part dilo? (Like it had the crest and everything). Would that be more satisfying than no dilo at all?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:24 pm

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
question for ya'll. What if indoraptor was part dilo? (Like it had the crest and everything). Would that be more satisfying than no dilo at all?

That would just make me angry. That might actually be the biggest troll the filmmakers could pull off xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:41 pm

@NolaJP wrote:
The Dilophosaurus is the predator that makes the most sense to reintroduce to the series.  Alas, it appears they are ignoring that as well.

Thank you. Their decisions regarding my favorite Dino are infuriating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:43 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Herrerasaurus wrote:

That would just make me angry. That might actually be the biggest troll the filmmakers could pull off xD
I'd be infuriated too. 

For me that might be the equivalent of how some of you guys felt about Rex vs Spino.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:28 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Herrerasaurus wrote:

I'd be infuriated too. 

For me that might be the equivalent of how some of you guys felt about Rex vs Spino.

It'd basically be like saying "Hey guys! You know that one dinosaur that literally everybody wants to see return to the franchise? Well here's how we're going to try and make that dinosaur completely redundant! trolololololol!"

"BTW, do you guys like Pteranodons? Well, we're sticking wings on the Indominus for JW3!!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:50 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Herrerasaurus wrote:

I'd be infuriated too. 

It'd basically be like saying "Hey guys! You know that one dinosaur that literally everybody wants to see return to the franchise? Well here's how we're going to try and make that dinosaur completely redundant! trolololololol!"

"BTW, do you guys like Pteranodons? Well, we're sticking wings on the Indominus for JW3!!"
lol!

Why stop there? Let's give them the Rex vs Spino rematch of their life time! We'll make a new Rex with the DNA of the old rexy(now dead) and blue and it'll be the ultimate "spiritual" fight between good and evil. Spino will be mixed with Wu DNA
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:25 am

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
@Herrerasaurus wrote:

I'd be infuriated too. 

lol!

Why stop there? Let's give them the Rex vs Spino rematch of their life time! We'll make a new Rex with the DNA of the old rexy(now dead) and blue and it'll be the ultimate "spiritual" fight between good and evil. Spino will be mixed with Wu DNA

Which the Spino will of course win emphatically by slightly nudging the Rex with its snout.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:40 am

Plot twist. Indoraptor vs Blue or Rexy at the end and fandom rages x1000

NolaJP
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:29 am

I can't imagine them going back to Rexy and/or Blue saving the day again. Any resolution that features them would feel insanely redundant. I have a feeling Blue will be a part of it, but something else will have to feature into the finale to avoid critics and fans from destroying the film.

I'm no writer, but the obvious candidate for an effective blend of both nostalgia and freshness would be the Dilophosaurus. If the finale does indeed take place in tight corridors, as rumors suggest, the inclusion of the Dilo almost writes itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:40 am

@Robotpo wrote:

IMO if it's in, the Carnotaurus could appear on the island - possibly as something, like the Raptors, kept separate from the theme park attractions, possibly as it was too dangerous to have around visitors - and the Indoraptor might well turn up at Lockwood's manor around the time the auction occurs.

For all those who wonder about Carno and Baryonyx, I will recall the words of a old pal from this forum.

Neomorph wrote:
I have nothing to do with the Reddit leak. The fan favorite Carnotaurus, another fan favorite and Baryonyx MIGHT appear in the movie, but you never know. I bet if they do they will be cameos.

I wouldn't bet on Dilophosaurus at all. Universal clearly has something against it (for who knows what reason.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:52 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:
Ugh if they do that. Would be lame, forced, and I would go nuts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:04 pm

Here's an idea...

End the film with something other than a ̶P̶o̶k̶e̶m̶o̶n̶ dinosaur battle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:07 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Here's an idea...

End the film with something other than a ̶P̶o̶k̶e̶m̶o̶n̶ dinosaur battle.
@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:
Ugh if they do that. Would be lame, forced, and I would go nuts.
Well, they did it in the last one and it made millions, so you know they're gonna try doing more of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
NolaJP
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:18 pm

Yea I think the general public responded really well to the ending of JW. It may have taken the franchise in a direction that a lot of hardcore fans didn't like, but there is no question that it was mostly well received. For JW to get an "A" Cinemascore and gross $1.6 billion, the producers have no reason to stray too far from the previous formula.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:03 pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWfJUe9ll4N/?taken-by=world.of.jurassic.park

Also in case we forget. The movie will 1,000 percent have Blue in it.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:35 pm

@Sickle_Claw wrote:

I'm really interested to see if the film has more than just one raptor (I think it will) and how they are introduced. As well as how they interact with Blue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:36 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:

I'm really interested to see if the film has more than just one raptor (I think it will) and how they are introduced. As well as how they interact with Blue.

I'm also pretty curious if there are going to be more than one Raptor in this movie (not including Indoraptor).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:49 pm

@Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Sickle_Claw wrote:

I'm also pretty curious if there are going to be more than one Raptor in this movie (not including Indoraptor).

I still think that Blue should have a feathered brother (harpy eagle DNA and sexual dimorphism) that was got into fights with Owen too much, but instead of being killed, since Blue would never have trusted Owen again, he was exiled to Sorna...where he made his own pack and became the dominant raptor pack on that island.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 11 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 17 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom News-
Jump to: