Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.

HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you like the title of Jurassic World 2?
Yes
86%
 86% [ 31 ]
No
14%
 14% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 36

AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:11 am

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

https://twitter.com/JurassicWorld/status/877904072732426241

https://twitter.com/JurassicWorld_/status/877906232983605249

Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:12 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:14 am

That title hahaha, completely out of nowhere. I expect Optimus Prime to be jumping into action in this movie now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:17 am

The logo is...the logo.

Basically exactly what they did with TLW logo xD

I really like the title though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:28 am

Cool title, but what matters is what´s in the movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:30 am

errible title and poster. The poster rehashes the Lost World's' broken logo and has the ugly all silver JW one. The title just doesn't fit JP, I think a JW 2 was a better title. And the tagline is only a quote from the first movie. Meh.

They waited that long for such a lame title?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://miscrave.com
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:34 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Cool title, but what matters is what´s in the movie.

Agreed on both fronts.

Now begins the speculation on how exactly the title reflects the content of the film.

Not that there was any doubt, but the embers absolutely confirm the volcano, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:37 am

sdp wrote:
errible title and poster. The poster rehashes the Lost World's' broken logo and has the ugly all silver JW one. The title just doesn't fit JP, I think a JW 2 was a better title. And the tagline is only a quote from the first movie. Meh.

Any sign of them showing a little nod to The Lost World is a great sign.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:38 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
sdp wrote:

Any sign of them showing a little nod to The Lost World is a great sign.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:40 am

Like someone said on Twitter, The Fallen Kingdom: Jurassic World would've been better for continuity sakes. even though the titles of the Jurassic Park franchise have always been all over the place in terms of format.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:43 am

Well, considering that this proves that they're taking the "second trilogy" approach, as opposed to the "5th film in the JP franchise" approach...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:56 am

Rolls right off the tongue.
*Internal screaming*

Facebook: dm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
#TRexSpinorematch
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:56 am

Something interesting that no one else has pointed out... This confirms that there will be lava or fire in the movie right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:59 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Something interesting that no one else has pointed out... This confirms that there will be lava or fire in the movie right?

Cough...

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Not that there was any doubt, but the embers absolutely confirm the volcano, so there's that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:06 am

I love it. I love it a lot. All we need is the toys and I'll be ready for the movie's release.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:12 am

I'm not sure how i feel about it but I know I'm glad that it has nothing to do with Epoch.

I'm also really glad the number 2 isn't there, although I'm prob still gonna abbreviate it that way.

I guess that kinda ruins that welcome to Jurassic "blank" card a cast member got. As her thumb couldn't have covered this title.

But thank god no EPOCH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:22 am

So I'm guessing the "Fallen Kingdom" refers to Nublar, that being the "kingdom" of the dinosaurs, and the volcano causing it to "fall".

I wonder if they'll reference that other dinosaur "kingdom"?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:26 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
So I'm guessing the "Fallen Kingdom" refers to Nublar, that being the "kingdom" of the dinosaurs, and the volcano causing it to "fall".

I wonder if they'll reference that other dinosaur "kingdom"?

I sure hope so(in regards to your second question).

I also think the title will have a double meaning, and the kingdom will have symbolically fallen as well, rather than JUST physically if that make sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:29 am

I'm quite surprised by the choice of the title. It's different, but much better then I thought. I like it. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:29 am

Title - Okay and unexpected.
"Life finds a way" message - Ignored but okay
Logo - TRIGGERED

I didn't like the logo at all, I think it's a bit simple and without color, I wish we would get an amber/vulcan colored one. But okay, I'll soon grow with it. Also, I liked the cracks. That was awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:47 am

I'm really glad they didn't go with "Epoch" on this one, the new title not only rolls off the tongue but is ambiguous in what it refers to; the modern day "kingdom" of humanity that has ruled on Earth and is due to be toppled by the dinosaurs, or the kingdom of the dinosauria that could potentially fall into extinction again... the possibilities are limitless!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:20 pm

I'm not sure on my feelings about the title, but I do like the cracks on the logo. I can see why they wanted to keep the colors consistent with the last film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:30 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I'm really glad they didn't go with "Epoch" on this one, the new title not only rolls off the tongue but is ambiguous in what it refers to; the modern day "kingdom" of humanity that has ruled on Earth and is due to be toppled by the dinosaurs, or the kingdom of the dinosauria that could potentially fall into extinction again... the possibilities are limitless!! cheers

I like your way of looking at it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrannoFan
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:33 pm

Huh, I didn't expect them to go with the "Life finds a way" tagline. Love the Title though. Rolls off the tongue; feels good to say it. I like the throwback to TLW with the design.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:34 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I'm more partial to the former.

Dinosaurs shall rule again!

Hype meter at MAXIMUM!!!!!

Also, apparently life did indeed find a way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:35 pm

Fallen = Lost
Kingdom = World

Don't like that aspect of it, and it really doesn't sound Jurassic Park-ish to me. However BarryTheOnyx's interpretation does makes me dislike it less, but I don't think the creators are that clever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
The Beeg One
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:54 pm

The Fallen Kingdom is definitely John Hammond's "kingdom." His dreams, his accomplishments, and his legacy. It is all going to be destroyed, both by humans and nature. The volcano will destroy Isla Nublar, where half of the dinosaurs live, and humans will take advantage of the rest by trying to auction them away instead of saving them.

Hammond's kingdom will definitely be a fallen one by the end of this film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:59 pm

^see I think you're forgetting the happy ending pal

Herrerasaurus
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:13 pm

I was not expecting this title at all. Glad that they didn't go with Epoch. Would of preferred a title like Jurassic age or Jurassic kingdom but i'm sure this title makes more sense within the context of the film. When i read fallen kingdom my first thought is that it refers to the jurassic world theme park being shut down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:12 pm

Fallen Kingdom. T-rex Kingdom.

Guess who is gonna die.

*drum roll*

Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:13 pm

Finally!

This title is pretty darn surprising though. In fact, its pretty much the last thing I would've guessed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:19 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Fallen Kingdom. T-rex Kingdom.

Guess who is gonna die.

*drum roll*

I guarantee you will get a LOT of upset people, because for one reason. That this is Rexy, THE No. 1 Tyrannosaurus of the franchise, and when she was almost killed I guarantee that the vast majority of film-goers had some emotional lumps in their throats. We know that she is coming back, and what reason would the film makers bring her back if not to have her cross paths with the human heroes again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:15 pm

If Rexy dies then it should be in the final scene and done emotionally.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Océane wrote:
^see I think you're forgetting the happy ending pal
Happy end? No. I hope we go as dark as possible. JW3 can have a happy end.

I would be ok if Rexy died, but of course she's a T.rex so she already has a shield against death, guess why...zzzzzzz. All dinosaurs will die except her for sure, she'll be the first to be rescued because her life means more than other dinosaurs bc she's "charismatic" and is already a character. It's the truth. She should be dead already because of her age, but hey, fanservice because LULZ!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:34 pm

That would crush my soul (if rexy died) , They better not go in that direction.

Last edited by Herrerasaurus on Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:34 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
That would crush my soul, They better not go in that direction.
Rexy dying? If so, relax. SHE WON'T BE TOUCHED. I'm 100% sure.  Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Pretty sure Jurassic world 3 will have Extinction in the title. It'll be about Dinosaurs threatening the ecosystem around the world or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:37 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Btw i'm pretty sure we have the same first name haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:16 pm

Pretty sure the "Kingdom" thing is just a coincidence.... :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

I think the only conceivable way how fans will accept her dying is if she leaves an biological heir behind. The Masrani site said that there was room for another T. rex (most likely a male) in the new park. Granted, that's not exactly the most reliable source of info around...But even so, it's the only situation that I can think of where fans can accept her dying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

I think the only conceivable way how fans will accept her dying is if she leaves an biological heir behind. The Masrani site said that there was room for another T. rex (most likely a male) in the new park. Granted, that's not exactly the most reliable source of info around...But even so, it's the only situation that I can think of where fans can accept her dying.

Agreed. Killing off their main moneymaking dino before the third film is released would only serve to undermine the final film.

I don't think it necessarily has a be a "biological" heir, per se, but a new Rex, be it related to Rexy in some way or not, would have to be introduced to keep people happy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:37 pm

I really like the title, I think as others have said it refers to Hammond's Dream, Nublar & the Dinosaurs themselves, actually a really dark title if u think about it.

The logo also reminds me of TLW's & the embers are referring to the eruption of the volcano. obviously.

Overall I dig both & am so glad we FINALLY have a title & a good one at that! Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:37 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I guarantee you will get a LOT of upset people, because for one reason. That this is Rexy, THE No. 1 Tyrannosaurus of the franchise, and when she was almost killed I guarantee that the vast majority of film-goers had some emotional lumps in their throats.
The number one Tyrannosaurus in film history! And yes, I was starting to cry when Rexy nearly died.

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:41 pm

Yeah, when Rexy when down and Indy was on top of her, I was thinking "No....NO! They won't do this again, will they? WILL THEY!??!?!"

Then Blue showed up and all was good Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:55 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

Agreed. Killing off their main moneymaking dino before the third film is released would only serve to undermine the final film.

I don't think it necessarily has a be a "biological" heir, per se, but a new Rex, be it related to Rexy in some way or not, would have to be introduced to keep people happy.

I know you're gonna hate me for this but i kinda hope Rexy is killed off in this one. Not by another dino, but i see how it could be sad and really emotional.

But i like my movies depressing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:00 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

I know you're gonna hate me for this but i kinda hope Rexy is killed off in this one. Not by another dino, but i see how it could be sad and really emotional.

But i like my movies depressing.

I get ya, man. It would make for probably the most emotional scene of the franchise thus far. I certainly wouldn't be against it as long as we had another Rex to take her place for the final film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   

Back to top Go down

Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next