Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 Where is Lockwood Manor?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NolaJP
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 43
Points : 194
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-23

PostSubject: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:52 pm

I haven't seen this discussed much. It seems to be a pretty integral part of the film and the location will likely have huge ramifications for the plot of the third film. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 634
Points : 2877
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:00 pm

I'm assuming it's in America, not England, simply because James Cromwell is an American actor, though it's possible he can just put on an accent. He certainly does a well enough southern accent for an Angelino.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3144
Points : 3791
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:31 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
I'm assuming it's in America, not England, simply because James Cromwell is an American actor, though it's possible he can just put on an accent. He certainly does a well enough southern accent for an Angelino.

From a sheer storymaking viewpoint, it would have to be in the South in some bayou/swamp area since that would be the best place for dinosaurs to adapt on the American mainland. The only question the state. Louisiana is a possibility since JW was filmed in that state. Then there is Florida which is rich in invasive animals-monitor lizards, pythons, even king cobras and Nile Crocodiles, which are part-time maneaters.

My guess is Florida because of how they might want to make an analogy to invasive species. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if it was in some other Southern state.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1100
Points : 1681
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:59 pm

Damn you guys are right. My dumb ass read they were filming in London and automatically assumed the character would be non American. My brain connected the wrong dots. I assumed he came from the same place Hammond did. 

Although I suppose that's still possible.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3144
Points : 3791
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:03 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
Damn you guys are right. My dumb ass read they were filming in London and automatically assumed the character would be non American. My brain connected the wrong dots. I assumed he came from the same place Hammond did. 

Although I suppose that's still possible.

He most likely was born in the U.K., but like Hammond, from what we know, he winded up finding a new home in the U.S.A.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NolaJP
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 43
Points : 194
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:55 pm

If you look at the set pics of the manor, the geography may hold some clues. The home itself and the gate are all surrounded by tall, evergreen/pine trees. Reel Tours Hawaii posted some pictures today of Claire filming a scene set amongst similar looking trees. Her wardrobe was different from what we've seen her in for the rescue mission scenes. I take that to mean it's possible those scenes are mainland scenes near Lockwood Manor. Those type of trees would definitely look at home in places like Florida or Louisiana.

Remember the hand puppet video that Colin and JA posted? Many mentioned the background looked very Sorna-ish. It was uploaded during the time they were shooting at the Lockwood set. If you recall, Spielberg filmed the majority of the Sorna scenes from TLW in the forests of Northern California. There are tons of those tall evergreen trees in Northern Cal. Anyone want to guess where Colin Trevorrow was born, raised and lived until heading off to NYU film school? San Francisco.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 634
Points : 2877
Reputation : 19
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:48 pm

@NolaJP wrote:
If you look at the set pics of the manor, the geography may hold some clues.  The home itself and the gate are all surrounded by tall, evergreen/pine trees.  Reel Tours Hawaii posted some pictures today of Claire filming a scene set amongst similar looking trees. Her wardrobe was different from what we've seen her in for the rescue mission scenes. I take that to mean it's possible those scenes are mainland scenes near Lockwood Manor.  Those type of trees would definitely look at home in places like Florida or Louisiana.

Remember the hand puppet video that Colin and JA posted?  Many mentioned the background looked very Sorna-ish. It was uploaded during the time they were shooting at the Lockwood set.  If you recall, Spielberg filmed the majority of the Sorna scenes from TLW in the forests of Northern California.  There are tons of those tall evergreen trees in Northern Cal.  Anyone want to guess where Colin Trevorrow was born, raised and lived until heading off to NYU film school?  San Francisco.  

Keep in mind, they also built part of the Main Street set at Pinewood, too, and will be digitally introducing background plates to make it look like it's on Oahu. They've also built part of Main Street on Oahu, and will likely be doing a lot of background plates there, too. With digital technology, these days, they can make anywhere look like anywhere. Even your own namesake, NOLA, where they built the whole Main Street set for the first movie, had digital backdrops. Heck, they even played with which backdrops they wanted to have while the movie was being promoted.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
dance2nite
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 421
Points : 963
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:18 pm

I think it's in California somewhere as the trucks the Dinos were being transported in had California number plates.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NolaJP
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 43
Points : 194
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:50 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
@NolaJP wrote:
If you look at the set pics of the manor, the geography may hold some clues.  The home itself and the gate are all surrounded by tall, evergreen/pine trees.  Reel Tours Hawaii posted some pictures today of Claire filming a scene set amongst similar looking trees. Her wardrobe was different from what we've seen her in for the rescue mission scenes. I take that to mean it's possible those scenes are mainland scenes near Lockwood Manor.  Those type of trees would definitely look at home in places like Florida or Louisiana.

Remember the hand puppet video that Colin and JA posted?  Many mentioned the background looked very Sorna-ish. It was uploaded during the time they were shooting at the Lockwood set.  If you recall, Spielberg filmed the majority of the Sorna scenes from TLW in the forests of Northern California.  There are tons of those tall evergreen trees in Northern Cal.  Anyone want to guess where Colin Trevorrow was born, raised and lived until heading off to NYU film school?  San Francisco.  

Keep in mind, they also built part of the Main Street set at Pinewood, too, and will be digitally introducing background plates to make it look like it's on Oahu. They've also built part of Main Street on Oahu, and will likely be doing a lot of background plates there, too. With digital technology, these days, they can make anywhere look like anywhere. Even your own namesake, NOLA, where they built the whole Main Street set for the first movie, had digital backdrops. Heck, they even played with which backdrops they wanted to have while the movie was being promoted.


Interesting you mention that scene. My wife and I are just behind and to the side of Zach and Gray. We just wanted to be in there somewhere, but ended up being easily spotted in all of the trailers and Super Bowl spot. It was a fun day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 210
Points : 391
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:22 pm

@NolaJP wrote:
If you look at the set pics of the manor, the geography may hold some clues.  The home itself and the gate are all surrounded by tall, evergreen/pine trees.  Reel Tours Hawaii posted some pictures today of Claire filming a scene set amongst similar looking trees. Her wardrobe was different from what we've seen her in for the rescue mission scenes. I take that to mean it's possible those scenes are mainland scenes near Lockwood Manor.  Those type of trees would definitely look at home in places like Florida or Louisiana.

Remember the hand puppet video that Colin and JA posted?  Many mentioned the background looked very Sorna-ish. It was uploaded during the time they were shooting at the Lockwood set.  If you recall, Spielberg filmed the majority of the Sorna scenes from TLW in the forests of Northern California.  There are tons of those tall evergreen trees in Northern Cal.  Anyone want to guess where Colin Trevorrow was born, raised and lived until heading off to NYU film school?  San Francisco.  

I thought that scene took place in owen's camp, not near lockwoods manor
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 421
Points : 963
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:40 am

@Herrerasaurus wrote:
@NolaJP wrote:
If you look at the set pics of the manor, the geography may hold some clues.  The home itself and the gate are all surrounded by tall, evergreen/pine trees.  Reel Tours Hawaii posted some pictures today of Claire filming a scene set amongst similar looking trees. Her wardrobe was different from what we've seen her in for the rescue mission scenes. I take that to mean it's possible those scenes are mainland scenes near Lockwood Manor.  Those type of trees would definitely look at home in places like Florida or Louisiana.

Remember the hand puppet video that Colin and JA posted?  Many mentioned the background looked very Sorna-ish. It was uploaded during the time they were shooting at the Lockwood set.  If you recall, Spielberg filmed the majority of the Sorna scenes from TLW in the forests of Northern California.  There are tons of those tall evergreen trees in Northern Cal.  Anyone want to guess where Colin Trevorrow was born, raised and lived until heading off to NYU film school?  San Francisco.  

I thought that scene took place in owen's camp, not near lockwoods manor

It was described as Owen's camp so it could be anywhere...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 60
Points : 597
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:27 pm

some sort of location with a temperate climate, such as Northern California, would make sense based on the vegetation on the set.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
IllOrfanato
Hatchling
Hatchling


Posts : 52
Points : 273
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:53 am

Either some other island near Five Deaths or on the US mainland (Florida, Louisiana, California).
I just realised, that Lockwood manor sequence might be some iteration of first novels sequence of raptors raiding the tourist building.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 506
Points : 2427
Reputation : 14
Join date : 2013-01-12
Age : 17
Location : Texas.

PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:18 am

I want to say somewhere in Europe, maybe Germany or Poland (yeah they didnt film there but yknow thats the art of filmmaking). Either that or close to San Diego/InGen's former headquarters.

_______________
Walking  Walking  Walking
"If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree." -Michael Crichton
"The public has an appetite for anything about imagination - anything that is as far away from reality as is creatively possible." -Steven Spielberg
"In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought." -Ian Malcolm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Where is Lockwood Manor?   

Back to top Go down
 
Where is Lockwood Manor?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: