Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

J.A. Bayona

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

J.A. Bayona Empty
PostSubject: J.A. Bayona   J.A. Bayona Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 2:06 pm

I read somewhere a little while ago that J.A. Bayona was initially almost brought on to direct Jurassic World. Imagine how different Jurassic World would've been if he did, in fact, direct it. Do you think Jurassic World would've been a better film?
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

J.A. Bayona Empty
PostSubject: Re: J.A. Bayona   J.A. Bayona Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 2:21 pm

It's hard to know for sure. Jurassic World, as it stands, is obviously not a perfect film, but I'll state for the record that I think it was exactly what the franchise needed. A big, fun romp filled to the brim with nostalgia that opened up the door for new, exciting plot points to be explored further.

So, while I think there's a decent chance it may have been a "better" film, it may not have been as successful or opened the door in the way that JW did.

But again, this is all speculation. It's kind of impossible to answer right now, considering that we have no idea as to how good FK will be yet.

J.A. Bayona Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

J.A. Bayona Empty
PostSubject: Re: J.A. Bayona   J.A. Bayona Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 2:30 pm

In hindsight, I'd say yes. But I don't think that Universal would have picked him. As I said before, they mainly made the movie for the sake of getting the monkey off their back (all those delays and stuff) and they weren't interested in making it better then it should have.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

J.A. Bayona Empty
PostSubject: Re: J.A. Bayona   J.A. Bayona Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 2:57 pm

I think it would have been better directed overall and would have delivered on the suspense and atmosphere that many felt Trevorrow's film was lacking. Being the sort of director that he is, he might have asked for more time to fine tune the story and script, missing that 2015 release. But the similar limitations placed on Trevorrow such as Spielberg's mandates for including a hybrid predatory dinosaur and trained Velociraptors would have been a bit out of his wheelhouse.

J.A. Bayona Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

J.A. Bayona Empty
PostSubject: Re: J.A. Bayona   J.A. Bayona Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 3:06 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I think it would have been better directed overall and would have delivered on the suspense and atmosphere that many felt Trevorrow's film was lacking. Being the sort of director that he is, he might have asked for more time to fine tune the story and script, missing that 2015 release. But the similar limitations placed on Trevorrow such as Spielberg's mandates for including a hybrid predatory dinosaur and trained Velociraptors would have been a bit out of his wheelhouse.

Just curious, did you see my one topic about Trevorrow probably just being Spielberg's proxy with Spielberg himself really being the JW director yet?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

J.A. Bayona Empty
PostSubject: Re: J.A. Bayona   J.A. Bayona Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 3:26 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Just curious, did you see my one topic about Trevorrow probably just being Spielberg's proxy with Spielberg himself really being the JW director yet?

I did, and while I think it's very much true that Spielberg was more hands-on with JW than he was on other films as executive producer, there is some issues I have with this. Personally, I think the one major thing holding this back is that in the behind the scenes footage on the blu-ray and on YouTube, we see Trevorrow on the various sound stages and sets and in the Hawaiian jungles with his actors and crew, and I don't remember seeing Spielberg in any of them. When we do see him its usually in the offices for pre-production meetings and maybe a bit of post. Plus, a lot of the cast and crew do assert that this was Trevorrow's shoot, unless somehow it turns out what we saw was just smoke and mirrors. Even if Trevorrow was Spielberg's proxy it would have been a huge thing to cover up and it would have emerged probably by now.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that Spielberg pretty much HAD to throw his weight in and point Trevorrow in as much of the right way as possible, including nixing the idea of the Indominus destroying a robotic T. rex before fighting Rexy, implying a slight towards Stan Winston. In the end, if it really was his movie more than Trevorrow's, he was more of a guiding mentor than a dictator. This isn't a Josh Trank and Fox scenario, otherwise we would have certainly heard of a LOT of re-shoots.

J.A. Bayona Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

J.A. Bayona Empty
PostSubject: Re: J.A. Bayona   J.A. Bayona Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 3:37 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I did, and while I think it's very much true that Spielberg was more hands-on with JW than he was on other films as executive producer, there is some issues I have with this. Personally, I think the one major thing holding this back is that in the behind the scenes footage on the blu-ray and on YouTube, we see Trevorrow on the various sound stages and sets and in the Hawaiian jungles with his actors and crew, and I don't remember seeing Spielberg in any of them. When we do see him its usually in the offices for pre-production meetings and maybe a bit of post. Plus, a lot of the cast and crew do assert that this was Trevorrow's shoot, unless somehow it turns out what we saw was just smoke and mirrors. Even if Trevorrow was Spielberg's proxy it would have been a huge thing to cover up and it would have emerged probably by now.

Don't get me wrong, I do think that Spielberg pretty much HAD to throw his weight in and point Trevorrow in as much of the right way as possible, including nixing the idea of the Indominus destroying a robotic T. rex before fighting Rexy, implying a slight towards Stan Winston. In the end, if it really was his movie more than Trevorrow's, he was more of a guiding mentor than a dictator. This isn't a Josh Trank and Fox scenario, otherwise we would have certainly heard of a LOT of re-shoots.

I agree that keeping all this secret would have been very hard to cover up in this day and age. But even so...

It's just that with J.A. Bayona having far more power with this movie and forcing rewrites (Sorna connections, perhaps?) and more animatronics then Trevorrow ever did with JW with him being so green, not to mention what happened with SW9, I couldn't help but think this, and still do.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

J.A. Bayona Empty
PostSubject: Re: J.A. Bayona   J.A. Bayona Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 6:09 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

What would be the purpose of using Trevorrow like that, though? Why not just direct the film and take the credit as normal? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

J.A. Bayona Empty
PostSubject: Re: J.A. Bayona   J.A. Bayona Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

What would be the purpose of using Trevorrow like that, though? Why not just direct the film and take the credit as normal? Sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

JP3. Both Spielberg and Kathrine Kennedy were hands-off when Joe Johnston was making JP3, even after he threw out the original script and made the movie with one being written on the fly. Given how much the fanbase destroyed Johnston after JP3 came out, I thought, and still do, that Spielberg didn't want Trevorrow to suffer the same fate. Besides, given how green Trevorrow was, their is no way how he could wield any power during the making of JW like J.A. Bayona has done with JW:FK.

Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

J.A. Bayona Empty
PostSubject: Re: J.A. Bayona   J.A. Bayona Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 11:44 pm

yea this whole "it was steven spielberg" directing the movie is just too conspiracy theory for my taste. As someone has mentioned above, it is way to big cover it up, especially in this day of age. Colin prob played up Spielberg's involvement to hype up the movie.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

J.A. Bayona Empty
PostSubject: Re: J.A. Bayona   J.A. Bayona Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

J.A. Bayona
Page 1 of 1