Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.

HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than JPOG?
Yes
50%
 50% [ 21 ]
No
7%
 7% [ 3 ]
Waiting for more info
43%
 43% [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 42

AuthorMessage
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner

PostSubject: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:25 pm

A poll to gauge who believes JWE has the potential to be better than JPOG. What do you think?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:40 pm

As a base game, yes. When all said and done, Base JPOG isn't a particularly good game; it was rushed, messy, and constricting. What saved the game for us is the modding ability.

JWE however, has the potential to be better in everyway with one simple feature: A workshop. If we could subscribe to an addon for a new dinosaur in the same way you'd subscribe to an addon for GMod or SFM, the possibilities could be near limitless, especially if the behaviors could be edited like in JPOG.

Megatronus Rex
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:26 pm

It has all the potential to be, but if it's restricted to rebuilding Jurassic World, then I'll stick with JPOG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:48 pm

Nah. The nostalgia won't be beat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Gavin The Allosaur
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 pm

I think it has a chance. I will wait to see more information but the team behind JW Evolution seems very dedicated and passionate about the topic so I think it has a chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:07 pm

@Gavin The Allosaur wrote:
I think it has a chance. I will wait to see more information but the team behind JW Evolution seems very dedicated and passionate about the topic so I think it has a chance.

Since you are new here, welcome to Jurassic Mainframe. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:17 pm

@Océane wrote:
As a base game, yes. When all said and done, Base JPOG isn't a particularly good game; it was rushed, messy, and constricting. What saved the game for us is the modding ability.

JWE however, has the potential to be better in everyway with one simple feature: A workshop. If we could subscribe to an addon for a new dinosaur in the same way you'd subscribe to an addon for GMod or SFM, the possibilities could be near limitless, especially if the behaviors could be edited like in JPOG.

If it's on Steam, 100% there will be a workshop with user created content.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:16 am

I think both will have their own niche. It really depends on the extent of freedom the player will have with building parks and whatnot (how many dig sites, how many dinosaurs, etc). JPOG will probably best it in customizability. We will just have to wait for more info.

"In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought." -Ian Malcolm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmugTheFab
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Yesterday at 12:35 am

I mean, nothing can beat the original nostalgia of JPOG, most notably downloading a well put-together mod for the first time, but JPE is probably the superior game as a whole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   

Back to top Go down

Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1