Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?

Go down 
+6
Rhedosaurus
Gavin The Allosaur
Troyal1
Megatronus Rex
Océane
Pokesaurus
10 posters

Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than JPOG?
Yes
Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Vote_lcap50%Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 26 ]
No
Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Vote_lcap12%Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 6 ]
Waiting for more info
Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Vote_lcap38%Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 52

Back

AuthorMessage
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Empty
PostSubject: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 11:25 pm

A poll to gauge who believes JWE has the potential to be better than JPOG. What do you think?

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Océane
Océane

Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 11:40 pm

As a base game, yes. When all said and done, Base JPOG isn't a particularly good game; it was rushed, messy, and constricting. What saved the game for us is the modding ability.

JWE however, has the potential to be better in everyway with one simple feature: A workshop. If we could subscribe to an addon for a new dinosaur in the same way you'd subscribe to an addon for GMod or SFM, the possibilities could be near limitless, especially if the behaviors could be edited like in JPOG.

Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 10:26 pm

It has all the potential to be, but if it's restricted to rebuilding Jurassic World, then I'll stick with JPOG.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 10:48 pm

Nah. The nostalgia won't be beat.
Back to top Go down
Gavin The Allosaur
Embryo
Embryo
Gavin The Allosaur

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 9:35 pm

I think it has a chance. I will wait to see more information but the team behind JW Evolution seems very dedicated and passionate about the topic so I think it has a chance.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 10:07 pm

Gavin The Allosaur wrote:
I think it has a chance. I will wait to see more information but the team behind JW Evolution seems very dedicated and passionate about the topic so I think it has a chance.

Since you are new here, welcome to Jurassic Mainframe. Very Happy

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2017 10:17 pm

Océane wrote:
As a base game, yes. When all said and done, Base JPOG isn't a particularly good game; it was rushed, messy, and constricting. What saved the game for us is the modding ability.

JWE however, has the potential to be better in everyway with one simple feature: A workshop. If we could subscribe to an addon for a new dinosaur in the same way you'd subscribe to an addon for GMod or SFM, the possibilities could be near limitless, especially if the behaviors could be edited like in JPOG.

If it's on Steam, 100% there will be a workshop with user created content.

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 20, 2017 9:16 am

I think both will have their own niche. It really depends on the extent of freedom the player will have with building parks and whatnot (how many dig sites, how many dinosaurs, etc). JPOG will probably best it in customizability. We will just have to wait for more info.
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 12:35 am

I mean, nothing can beat the original nostalgia of JPOG, most notably downloading a well put-together mod for the first time, but JPE is probably the superior game as a whole.

Back to top Go down
markymint
Embryo
Embryo
markymint

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 1:38 am

I'm going with yes, it will surpass JPOG by a distance. Firstly exciting is that it will include real-ish looking people, not the same 5 character models. Second though the dinosaurs were excellent in JPOG, I'd imagine the time between then and now technology wise to mean the new dinosaurs will have even more depth and realism. Disaster effects will be greatly improved over JPOG, which was ultimately a bit of a lackluster simulation game that won the hearts of many JP fans. I think a lot of that was achieved with atmosphere, mellow gameplay and the music combined to help you forget fences had a build limit, that there were only a small selection of amenities and attractions, and that there were only 5 character models Wink As someone else mentioned once the interface was clunky so there's no doubt JWE's will be more streamlined. JPOG will still be an awesome game for what it is/was, but this will surpass it. Frontier are an actual simulation company well known for their previous games which were for the most part excellent, Blue Tongue were a sort of nobody and lucked out with fans with JPOG. As such, I'm keeping the faith! JPOG also succeeded with re-playability, and it sounds like they've kept that core concept in mind, with different islands, different routes to take (science etc) and that sounds great to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?   Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will Jurassic World Evolution be better than Jurassic Park Operation Genesis?
Page 1 of 1