Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.

HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

Jurassic Park: The Game

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Levine
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Jurassic Park: The Game   Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:45 pm

What are your thoughts on the 2011 Telltale Games title? Love or hate? Do you consider it canon within the films?

"In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought." -Ian Malcolm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:49 pm

I remember reading that JPL was used as a reference to help make this game, but Jurassic World came along and rendered it non-canon, or at least semi-canon. I just wish that Telltale had made a solid disk version instead of making it downloadable only.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:24 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
I remember reading that JPL was used as a reference to help make this game, but Jurassic World came along and rendered it non-canon, or at least semi-canon. I just wish that Telltale had made a solid disk version instead of making it downloadable only.
What? It was available on disc. That's how I played it.

"In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought." -Ian Malcolm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:42 pm

@Levine wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
What? It was available on disc. That's how I played it.

It was? Because I have a PS3 and I never saw a disk version at the store I work at.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:35 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
I remember reading that JPL was used as a reference to help make this game, but Jurassic World came along and rendered it non-canon, or at least semi-canon.

From what I understand JW didn't render it noncanon nor confirm it. They kind of just skirted around it like they did with TLW and JP3 (obviously they're going to confront those movies in Fallen Kingdom, but still). The only thing that might be a problem with JPTG being canon is that Yoder (I believe that was his name?) ordered the military to blow up Nublar. Of course he dies and perhaps the order never goes through since he doesn't give confirmation that he escaped.

I honestly liked JPTG a lot; it was a good story and while it lacked the pseudo choices that other Telltale games give you, I felt it created a believable expansion to the JP franchise. Plus, I loved the troodons.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:45 pm

@Megaspino2 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
I remember reading that JPL was used as a reference to help make this game, but Jurassic World came along and rendered it non-canon, or at least semi-canon.

From what I understand JW didn't render it noncanon nor confirm it. They kind of just skirted around it like they did with TLW and JP3 (obviously they're going to confront those movies in Fallen Kingdom, but still). The only thing that might be a problem with JPTG being canon is that Yoder (I believe that was his name?) ordered the military to blow up Nublar. Of course he dies and perhaps the order never goes through since he doesn't give confirmation that he escaped.

I honestly liked JPTG a lot; it was a good story and while it lacked the pseudo choices that other Telltale games give you, I felt it created a believable expansion to the JP franchise. Plus, I loved the troodons.

I remember Ty saying that JW altered things so much that the game isn't canon anymore. In any case, Costa Rica doesn't have any weapons to bombard Nublar and it doesn't have much of a navy so having them blowing up Nublar wasn't possible from the get go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic Park: The Game   

Back to top Go down

Jurassic Park: The Game
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1