Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JPLegacy Memorial Thread

Go down 
+46
Cha0ticArch0saur
RolandEden
Mysterious Hero M
Nublar7
Hellothasaurus
smaugtheterrible
Spiegel
Levine
Monolophosaurus
evolution_rex
Lord Kristine
Clonehunter
jpsacu
Prowler
Carcharodontosaurus
JVM
Megaspino2
MissDNA
Theta Rex
CloneTrooper101
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Rex Prime
Nedryland
Lost
Raptor_Guard999
Océane
urban ratite
Katana
TRK/TrexKing
Paleoman
Metal Gear Rex
Tarbtano
Troyal1
Pugpunasaurus
Crimsonraptor
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
TheRexMan22
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
TheDreamMaster
Pokesaurus
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 5:20 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Did Saltasaurus ever come back to join in the final hours of JPL, or was he a no-show?

I want to say he did, but it's been a while since those last hours. There were several people I think we were looking for, dilly_dilophosaur was one a lot of people were looking for. Haven't seen him here though.  

If they did, then it might have been the last time they were part of the fandom like Ty was. I remember from the last posts he wrote, which were before JW came out, that he seemed to 'outgrow' the JP movies and maybe Jurassic Park as a whole.

As for dilly, he seemed to vanish after late-2015. I remember him checking into JPL once this year, but I don't remember him posting anything.

Weird to say "outgrow". Don't want to speak bad of the guy, but feels a bit pretentious. I understand tastes change but the franchise aren't exactly kids films. A lot of memories are tied to us as kids, but it feels wholy different from hearing kids outgrowing Pokemon or Power Rangers (which have adult fanbases as well, I'm part of both.)

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Cha0ticArch0saur
Embryo
Embryo
Cha0ticArch0saur

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 9:22 pm

Wish I was there to see her go.

Follow the whte_rbt.obj
#NedrySec:
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 2:13 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Did Saltasaurus ever come back to join in the final hours of JPL, or was he a no-show?

I want to say he did, but it's been a while since those last hours. There were several people I think we were looking for, dilly_dilophosaur was one a lot of people were looking for. Haven't seen him here though.  

If they did, then it might have been the last time they were part of the fandom like Ty was. I remember from the last posts he wrote, which were before JW came out, that he seemed to 'outgrow' the JP movies and maybe Jurassic Park as a whole.

As for dilly, he seemed to vanish after late-2015. I remember him checking into JPL once this year, but I don't remember him posting anything.

Weird to say "outgrow". Don't want to speak bad of the guy, but feels a bit pretentious. I understand tastes change but the franchise aren't exactly kids films. A lot of memories are tied to us as kids, but it feels wholy different from hearing kids outgrowing Pokemon or Power Rangers (which have adult fanbases as well, I'm part of both.)

I agree in that regard but I feel that you may be taking it the wrong way. For example I used to love Final Fantasy games. Yet I "outgrew" them. Not because they are for children(because they are for everyone). I also feel that I have finally "outgrown" COD and that is M rated.  And yet I still play and love Mario and Zelda. But my tastes changed drastically and I longer enjoyed Final fantasy. And sometimes people use the word "outgrow" for that. I know that the word being used for that doesn't make much sense as it implies the thing is for children, but that's how I've always used it. Some people use that term as a blanket statement for not enjoying stuff as much anymore and I think it's likely that's what happened here. In my opinion atleast.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 7:15 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I agree in that regard but I feel that you may be taking it the wrong way. For example I used to love Final Fantasy games. Yet I "outgrew" them. Not because they are for children(because they are for everyone). I also feel that I have finally "outgrown" COD and that is M rated.  And yet I still play and love Mario and Zelda. But my tastes changed drastically and I longer enjoyed Final fantasy. And sometimes people use the word "outgrow" for that. I know that the word being used for that doesn't make much sense as it implies the thing is for children, but that's how I've always used it. Some people use that term as a blanket statement for not enjoying stuff as much anymore and I think it's likely that's what happened here. In my opinion atleast.

I understand what you mean, and it makes sense. Just the term outgrow to how I've always used it usually gets reserved for actual kid stuff, or literally getting too big for something. Like I used to say I outgrew Power Rangers, but with a helping of nostalgia, came around to loving it again. I usually am more used to just saying I'm "not into" something anymore. Sort of like I used to be a huge fan of Linkin Park, but kind of just ended up not into them (which isn't entirely true as I can still rock some of their old songs but anything made in the last ten years is just awful to me.).

I get what you meant though, it's just coming down to different terms and how we use them in life.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:20 pm

I remember how in the final week of JPL how Crimsonraptor suggested that we all go to Jurassic Outpost but Ty was against it via an Angry Cat "NO" meme. Why was he against the idea of Jurassic Outpost being the de facto JPL 2.0?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 1:47 pm

Because he didnt like how those guys presented themselves.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

Any examples, for instance? I'm not a member of that site and I've only been there 2-3 times at that and it was a simple basic browsing trip. Nothing really deep.
Back to top Go down
DeiXnonychus
Embryo
Embryo
DeiXnonychus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 1:27 pm

WHOOAAAA There is a dookie load of negativity in this thread lol. I think we should talk about funny things we remember about JPL. I remember there was an LTL comic with over 100 strips but unfortunately I can't find it anymore. It used a lot of characters and referenced almost every storyline during the main campaign. While I wasn't super active in LTL I enjoyed reading them. Does anyone have a backup of them?
Back to top Go down
Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 11:54 am

Does anyone know if Dino Master is here?

Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 1:17 pm

I haven't seen DM here at all but he did show up on my forum for a hot second but disappeared again. He's in college now and quite busy.

Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Aw, man. Any contacts?

Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 4:01 pm

I can get his email for ya. It won't be until later but I'll pm you with it.

Lord Kristine
Veteran
Veteran
Lord Kristine

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Thank you so much!

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 7:10 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Any examples, for instance? I'm not a member of that site and I've only been there 2-3 times at that and it was a simple basic browsing trip. Nothing really deep.
Pretty much beating a dead horse at this point, but the short version is JO started toting the idea of their own encyclopedia. Ty didn't like this because on the surface it was probably they might steal information from JPL's. However it was also said that JO was big on headcannons, and didn't seem to mind letting speculative information into their things. This would potentially cause a lot of misinformation and confusion in the JP community. It was just one of the major pushes for Ty shutting things, so JO was just completely off the table for him.

As is, for better or worse, I feel a lot of the staff also liked doing their parts at the time, so moving over without the ability to really do anything besides be a member kind of sucked. It's true a lot has fallen through with this place since JPL went down, but there's some of us still trying to get things to work.

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2016 11:10 pm

We really are trying to make this place great for everyone.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 10:47 am

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2016 11:50 am

Dead2009 wrote:
#MakeJurassicMainframeGreatAgain

lol! Donald Trump! I like that Dead2009.

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 1:33 pm

I have both warm and bad memories of the site. All and foremost it was a great place of information, just as I hope this forum can hopefully be if it grows a little. I used to pop around in JPL for years and years strictly reading it, ultimately creating a profile there circa 2013-14 and posting for about half a year or something... until (surprise) I was driven mad by certain person in charge we probably don't have to name here, and had to quit. Thankfully, the atmosphere here is relaxed.
Back to top Go down
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 7:54 pm

I wanted to share something I put together using maps from the JPL encyclopedia.
The Five Deaths + Plus Nublar
Warning: Dimensions = 10557 x 10404
http://orig09.deviantart.net/39cd/f/2017/038/d/f/the_five_deaths___nublar_by_ethereal_hawk-day7hwh.png

I remember seeing this image somewhere on the main JPL site or the encyclopedia.
http://www.erbzine.com/mag41/rjpel04.jpg

The 87 mile line between Nublar and Sorna was done using the marker underneath Sorna. The Nublar map was shrunken to match how the other map compared it to the 5 Deaths (Tacano was a good point of reference due to its near similar size and shape). I edited out the writing and rewrote everything on Nublar to avoid the blurred look then erased the water with magic eraser to fit the background of the main map.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 9:00 pm

Prowler wrote:
I wanted to share something I put together using maps from the JPL encyclopedia.
The Five Deaths + Plus Nublar
Warning: Dimensions = 10557 x 10404
http://orig09.deviantart.net/39cd/f/2017/038/d/f/the_five_deaths___nublar_by_ethereal_hawk-day7hwh.png

I remember seeing this image somewhere on the main JPL site or the encyclopedia.
http://www.erbzine.com/mag41/rjpel04.jpg

The 87 mile line between Nublar and Sorna was done using the marker underneath Sorna. The Nublar map was shrunken to match how the other map compared it to the 5 Deaths (Tacano was a good point of reference due to its near similar size and shape). I edited out the writing and rewrote everything on Nublar to avoid the blurred look then erased the water with magic eraser to fit the background of the main map.

That's pretty cool how you made maps from pgs of the old JPL encyclopedia. How long did all that take you?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2017 11:25 pm

Two days due to classes and how slow it takes to edit these images because of their size.

TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 11:31 am

It took me about 9 months or so to realize after shutting down JPL that I was still a fan of the Jurassic series. My own opinion of the franchise was soured (potentially permanently) due to the stress of maintaining JPL and dealing with the oodles of drama that I really had zero desire with putting up with at all.

I kept away from everything because I was very much finished, but I did miss the simplicity of cataloging the information present in the franchise for digestion on the encyclopedia. People love their head canons though, and arguing for them, but I want to show what I've spent cataloging since I was a teenager and share it with those that believe in the mission of it. That said, D4E and I were talking about this and we started to pull a chat together on Facebook regarding bringing back the encyclopedia in a significant capacity and giving another shot at just running the encyclopedia to finish it altogether. We all agreed the mission was a good one to have to begin with, so we got to work on it. The encyclopedia was a good cause I felt was most important but kept getting overshadowed to the heaps of people forgetting to human.

So we created Jurassic-Pedia and I brought it on March 3rd with a wider opening coming May 23rd in time of TLW's anniversary. Kristine begged me for a forum though to let people do their fan fics and showcase other positive aspects of fandom. That said, I gave her one on the pretense that if it goes to hell and becomes otherwise a cesspool of negativity and vitrol that I can pull the plug and we all re-direct back to working on the encyclopedia. I hope it doesn't because things like art, writing, posting custom toys, props, vehicles, and other creative stuff is positive nurturing and the fandom needs a lot of that as time goes on. That positive nurture is really all I ever wanted.

That said, it's been up and running with the content from JPL of the various media and other aspects of the franchise since the start of the month of March. Fan stuff will be confined to Bungalow only though. I have talked with Pokes here about mentioning Pedia on Mainframe on Skype. He's given me his blessing with allowing this place and Mainframe here to mutually benefit each other as much as possible on that note. Something I'm happy for.

As for people who don't agree with the encyclopedia? That's on you. I'm not doing any or favoring my own head canons here. Believe it or not, that's still on you. I'm not forcing anybody to conform to the facts as we transcribe them. I'm presenting what has been without bias and what the franchise demonstrates itself to be through the media they come out with.

That said, the site is http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/

Be well.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 11:45 am

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
It took me about 9 months or so to realize after shutting down JPL that I was still a fan of the Jurassic series. My own opinion of the franchise was soured (potentially permanently) due to the stress of maintaining JPL and dealing with the oodles of drama that I really had zero desire with putting up with at all.

I kept away from everything because I was very much finished, but I did miss the simplicity of cataloging the information present in the franchise for digestion on the encyclopedia. People love their head canons though, and arguing for them, but I want to show what I've spent cataloging since I was a teenager and share it with those that believe in the mission of it. That said, D4E and I were talking about this and we started to pull a chat together on Facebook regarding bringing back the encyclopedia in a significant capacity and giving another shot at just running the encyclopedia to finish it altogether. We all agreed the mission was a good one to have to begin with, so we got to work on it. The encyclopedia was a good cause I felt was most important but kept getting overshadowed to the heaps of people forgetting to human.

So we created Jurassic-Pedia and I brought it on March 3rd with a wider opening coming May 23rd in time of TLW's anniversary. Kristine begged me for a forum though to let people do their fan fics and showcase other positive aspects of fandom. That said, I gave her one on the pretense that if it goes to hell and becomes otherwise a cesspool of negativity and vitrol that I can pull the plug and we all re-direct back to working on the encyclopedia. I hope it doesn't because things like art, writing, posting custom toys, props, vehicles, and other creative stuff is positive nurturing and the fandom needs a lot of that as time goes on. That positive nurture is really all I ever wanted.

That said, it's been up and running with the content from JPL of the various media and other aspects of the franchise since the start of the month of March. Fan stuff will be confined to Bungalow only though. I have talked with Pokes here about mentioning Pedia on Mainframe on Skype. He's given me his blessing with allowing this place and Mainframe here to mutually benefit each other as much as possible on that note. Something I'm happy for.

As for people who don't agree with the encyclopedia? That's on you. I'm not doing any or favoring my own head canons here. Believe it or not, that's still on you. I'm not forcing anybody to conform to the facts as we transcribe them. I'm presenting what has been without bias and what the franchise demonstrates itself to be through the media they come out with.

Be well.

Are you going to pop up over here from time to time like when JW5/JP2 comes out?

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 11:52 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Are you going to pop up over here from time to time like when JW5/JP2 comes out?

I've been very limited in my interactions due to my mental health. That said I do a bit of interacting on JPToy's Proboards and the Facebook groups for JP: The Group and JPToys as well. Really I just want to keep my interactions positive and stay the heck away from forum moderation altogether. I just want to be a regular member of the fandom that does the encyclopedia. So it is possible I can and might pop out here at intermittent and infrequent points. Otherwise I'm going to be working on the encyclopedia or keeping busy in other ways.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 12:01 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I've been very limited in my interactions due to my mental health. That said I do a bit of interacting on JPToy's Proboards and the Facebook groups for JP: The Group and JPToys as well. Really I just want to keep my interactions positive and stay the heck away from forum moderation altogether. I just want to be a regular member of the fandom that does the encyclopedia. So it is possible I can and might pop out here at intermittent and infrequent points. Otherwise I'm going to be working on the encyclopedia or keeping busy in other ways.

I thought as much, but figured I'd ask anyway. Besides, and don't take this the wrong way, you always seem more at home in the one Facebook group then you did at JPL, at least from what I remember.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 12:05 pm

Because I wasn't pressured with trying to keep a positive environment for everybody and deflecting jerk behaviors to shut down such stupidity. I can easily ignore it and not have to get thrusted into the role of a watch dog or so as I'm a regular member and it's not my problem. That is particularly taxing on me given what all I've been through as a person.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 12:07 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:

Be well.

This cannot have been easy to open up to, but I'm glad you did. I still can't quite get my head around the chaos that was the closing of JPL, but I loved it and it's associated encyclopedia from first seeing it. Thanks for showing up, and sharing the link to the new site.

JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 12:13 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
TyrannosaurTJ wrote:

Be well.

This cannot have been easy to open up to, but I'm glad you did. I still can't quite get my head around the chaos that was the closing of JPL, but I loved it and it's associated encyclopedia from first seeing it. Thanks for showing up, and sharing the link to the new site.

No problem. I knew there were a lot of good people that believed what you believed that I unfortunately stepped on with needing to disconnect and get away altogether to get into a better mental state.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 12:57 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
TyrannosaurTJ wrote:

Be well.

No problem. I knew there were a lot of good people that believed what you believed that I unfortunately stepped on with needing to disconnect and get away altogether to get into a better mental state.

How you compare building this new site and rebuilding the encyclopedia when compared to updating it back in the JPL day? I mean, one would think your mental health would have improved when making this via lack of stress and such which, in turn, would make this easier as well.

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 11, 2017 1:28 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

How you compare building this new site and rebuilding the encyclopedia when compared to updating it back in the JPL day? I mean, one would think your mental health would have improved when making this via lack of stress and such which, in turn, would make this easier as well.

Basically the focus of Pedia is the media itself of the franchise instead of including a community. The problem with the community first and foremost is the fact that head canons are given priority over the actual canon and then debated when people don't agree with or subscribe to those head canons for a variety of reasons. People get incensed and carried away with wanting to direct others to see the franchise how they see it instead of how it actually is. This is a two prong problem, NBC Universal is vague at best and doesn't nearly exercise anything close to the control that something like Lucasfilm's story group would on Star Wars. What direction we did get is very small and quiet and sometimes the evidence of said contradictions speaks for itself. The stress for me was in arguing this with others continually and tirelessly to whit when the other side refuses to acknowledge they're neither right or wrong given what's being presented entirely.

The other aspect is the fandom getting bent out of shape over different opinions. For some reason a lot of people have taken issue with needing to remember to consider thoughts and feelings of people and not be a bunch of jerks to each others. Many will use the freedom of speech argument to escape accountability. That said, I don't have to concern myself with forcing others to be accountable and being decent people between each other because I can focus on my own accountability with the data I present on the encyclopedia as well as coordinating that with the editors we have. It's easier to manage my own accountability instead of playing a juggling act in that while trying to shepherd the fandom due to how broken and embittered it all is at times. I was embittered myself until I took my 8 to 9 month break and established a new approach once I placed my feelings.

So, Pedia cut all that yuck out. I isolated it down to the subjects and stuff that we all agreed should be the focus, the media in the franchise and cataloging it for optimal digestion for the fandom. People can disagree with the encyclopedia, fine. We do have our methods with presenting it in a manner of not just being detached in some aspects, but of being scientific about it while doing so. If the person doesn't wish to acknowledge that and cling to these notions this isn't entirely our problem because we are maintaining our accountability and regularly fact checking to make sure we're on the same page and not misleading the fandom (ourselves and others). It feels good for me to do this because it is the pursuit of knowledge in this case in trying to reconcile the real animals with the animals created fictionally for the franchise to help with an aspect of science communication. I love paleontology and I love the science, and I also love Jurassic Park so that's why the marriage in some respects and why we gave the fictional animals their own binomial genus and species names to help fulfill that. The real world aspect is where JP has certain applications that not a lot of other fictional universes have because of how it meshes with actual paleontology in our world while still maintaining its sense of fiction with its world.

In short, Pedia has been a healthier task for me because I'm staying away from the drama and the yuck of it all while there are a lot of others to pick up said slack and keep it to a level of quality. It's been helpful for my mental health to establish a bit of a direction again. JPL consisted of going in too many directions all at once for me.

As for Bungalow on the site, Kristine basically parlayed me for a fandom forum though to showcase the pluses. I took some time and thought about it given my disposition towards message boards. So I gave her basically her own corner on the pretense that it stays positive. She said she is up to the task. I'm only there if something breaks basically. The fandom needs more creative endeavors and less debating.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JPLegacy Memorial Thread
Page 11 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next