JPLegacy Memorial Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
TRK
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Fri May 05, 2017 9:40 pm

@Mistral, I'm really not sure what you are trying to get at. We know we aren't overly active and we aren't really phased by it either. We have our core member base and that will go up and down, and that's that.

Mistral
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Fri May 05, 2017 9:48 pm

I already said it.

But it doesn't matter anyway, it's not like something could be done to it in any case. The developments will be whatever they will be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRK
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Fri May 05, 2017 9:52 pm

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see higher traffic here. I do agree with what you are saying in some cases. I just don't have any intention of aggressively pursuing it for the sake of being the best. If we get 5 new active members over 2 months? I'm personally okay with it. Don't think I don't appreciate your advice and thoughts. I love a good discussion.

Troyal1
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Fri May 05, 2017 10:01 pm

@TRK wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see higher traffic here. I do agree with what you are saying in some cases. I just don't have any intention of aggressively pursuing it for the sake of being the best. If we get 5 new active members over 2 months? I'm personally okay with it. Don't think I don't appreciate your advice and thoughts. I love a good discussion.

I don't think we should aggressively pursue like marketing it or anything lol. But it would be nice to get the site out there a bit more in terms of this being a fantastic place to discuss JP. 

Again I want emphasize I'm not asking for some contest. But I do yearn somewhat for the glory days of when we had more people to talk to. And I do realize that forums are dying which is very sad for me personally.

Anyway when was the death date exactly for JPL? I plan to write a lengthy piece of how I discovered you wonderful people and the memories I had. As someone with disabilities who can't do much in their "real life" you guys are very important to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRK
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Fri May 05, 2017 10:11 pm

I agree, you will see more people as more content is released, it will be very hard to get to a JPL traffic standard. I'm not sure. I'd have to check my archives.

TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Fri May 05, 2017 10:14 pm

@Troya1
June 11th or 12th, I believe the 12th. By my American time zone anyway.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Fri May 05, 2017 10:26 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Troya1
June 11th or 12th, I believe the 12th. By my American time zone anyway.

Thanks guy. Are you on the east coast like me? I just wanna prep for the right day Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Fri May 05, 2017 10:31 pm

@Mistral wrote:
You know when I look at the number of joined new members since I registered here four months ago, and see it's only 32, I would be lying if I said that's impressive or even adequate. Also despite being about the same in size, Jurassic Outpost forum still gets the #1 spot if you do a google search for "jurassic park forum". I guess because of the association of that site/brand.

But still, given that forums in 2017 are not the powerhouse they once were, like 10-15 years ago, it's not bad at all. And also, more importantly, at least the active and semi-active community that is here, is quite talkative. Maybe with JP5 the traffic will increase a bit too. Of course getting to JPL traffic levels is probably never going to happen, not here or elsewhere that's not twitter/facebook/etc, but nobody expects that anyway. I think 500-100 by JP5 would be nice, even acknowledging 75% of those accounts would be inactive/non-posting.

This isnt and never was intended to be a competition to anything. It was never a competition on JPL either. If the goal was to be the biggest Jurassic Park forum right off the bat, this place would probably cease to exist especially with social media dominating every asspect of discussion pertaining to film.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistral
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Fri May 05, 2017 10:34 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
@Mistral wrote:
You know when I look at the number of joined new members since I registered here four months ago, and see it's only 32, I would be lying if I said that's impressive or even adequate. Also despite being about the same in size, Jurassic Outpost forum still gets the #1 spot if you do a google search for "jurassic park forum". I guess because of the association of that site/brand.

But still, given that forums in 2017 are not the powerhouse they once were, like 10-15 years ago, it's not bad at all. And also, more importantly, at least the active and semi-active community that is here, is quite talkative. Maybe with JP5 the traffic will increase a bit too. Of course getting to JPL traffic levels is probably never going to happen, not here or elsewhere that's not twitter/facebook/etc, but nobody expects that anyway. I think 500-100 by JP5 would be nice, even acknowledging 75% of those accounts would be inactive/non-posting.

This isnt and never was intended to be a competition to anything. It was never a competition on JPL either. If the goal was to be the biggest Jurassic Park forum right off the bat, this place would probably cease to exist especially with social media dominating every asspect of discussion pertaining to film.

I already answered to this same exact argument couple of posts before. And anyway I think you are overreacting to what I said
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Fri May 05, 2017 10:35 pm

There's no overreaction, really. It's just that social media is the #1 platform when it comes to discussing film. Not sure how pointing that out was overreacting.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistral
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Fri May 05, 2017 10:41 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
There's no overreaction, really. It's just that social media is the #1 platform when it comes to discussing film. Not sure how pointing that out was overreacting.

I already said this as well, very clearly too, but whatever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistral
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Sat May 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Oh and by the way, I'm bit also surprised by the way some of you are acting to my remarks considering only recently in October TRK wrote to the main page this:
http://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/n846-what-do-you-want-to-see-in-the-mainframe

Quote :
-- We know that a lot of you are remnant members of JPL and do not want to see that community die, so please help!

Both Staff and Member's activity has dropped greatly over the last little while ( It has been a while since I've been around) so I personally want to find a way to reinvigorate everyone's passion once more including the staff!

I know we have a feedback thread but this is a little more dire and needs a thread of it's own. --

Was the situation in October dire or something?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Richard Levine
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Sat May 06, 2017 1:35 pm

@Mistral wrote:
Oh and by the way, I'm bit also surprised by the way some of you are acting to my remarks considering only recently in October TRK wrote to the main page this:
http://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/n846-what-do-you-want-to-see-in-the-mainframe

Quote :
-- We know that a lot of you are remnant members of JPL and do not want to see that community die, so please help!

Both Staff and Member's activity has dropped greatly over the last little while ( It has been a while since I've been around) so I personally want to find a way to reinvigorate everyone's passion once more including the staff!

I know we have a feedback thread but this is a little more dire and needs a thread of it's own. --

Was the situation in October dire or something?

The site pretty much died in October. Now its sorta coming back thanks to the JW2 news influx.

Twitter: @jurassifreak
Instagram: @jurassifreak
Facebook: dm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistral
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Sat May 06, 2017 1:45 pm

Well, that just proves my point.

@Mistral wrote:
It's a nice thought, but nice thoughts don't always reflect reality. If Jurassic Outpost (or whatever else source) gets majority of the traffic in the future, or even if no-one gets traffic, this site will continue being what it is now. Which is fine, but even bigger places have died when activity has eventually plummeted down. Active members don't stay active forever in small communities. That might take years of course, but I've seen it happen too many times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Sat May 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Again, what does it matter what Jurassic Outpost does....it's not a competition...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mistral
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Sat May 06, 2017 2:09 pm

Again, you are not reading/getting what I'm saying, only taking bits and pieces out of context.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Mon May 15, 2017 3:06 pm

If anybody is interested, I'm currently working on bringing back the Costume Guides: http://jurassic-pedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Mon May 15, 2017 5:25 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
If anybody is interested, I'm currently working on bringing back the Costume Guides: http://jurassic-pedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14

Thanks man !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spiegel
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Tue May 16, 2017 12:26 am

Well, I just gave up on Jurassic Role Play and Live the Legend Redux officially. Overall there is lack of interest aside from a very select few. Its simply too much work for me with so little reward. I suppose its a bit selfish but the amount of time used to try to get players to join and be active just isnt paying off.

So, although many wont care much, I'm saying goodbye to LTL again. Its sad to me, it was my favorite part of JPL and I wanted it back so bad. It seems its about time to let sleeping dogs lie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/100LettersToNowhere/?fref=photo
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   Wed May 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Just republished my personal favorite costume guide! Now even MORE accurate! Very Happy http://jurassic-pedia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   

Back to top Go down

JPLegacy Memorial Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9