Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.

HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

What will Wu be up to if he returns?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:32 pm

Making more hybrids for military use or something else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:29 pm

Here's hoping he's a big part of the story. I'd imagine he's been working on some secret projects for InGen which I bet will come to light in the new film.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:25 am

I would imagine Ingen Contractor has taken him to a secret super secret lab.

evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:58 am

I'd say its pretty likely he's return. He seemed to be the center of the sequel set up they had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
The Argentine
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:32 pm

Looks like he was headed toward a life of servitude under some unknown puppet master. Maybe he'll be holed up in some remote lab being forced to continue his work? Hoskins definitely seemed to have been using him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:24 pm

Where ever it is, it has to be secure. It's only a matter of time before the public finds out how Indominus Rex was bred, what she was bred for, and who did it. Even more so in this day and age with hackers and morally shady media outlets running amok.

Believe it or not, Area 51 could be a very real possibility. Have everything run underground so that nobody sees anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:23 pm

I really don't know, to be honest. And that comes from a person who loves the character. I just think they'll ruin him by making him a typical mad scientist. He has no motivation in JW and that just shows  Colin wrote him badly. It's shocking to think a genius like him wouldn't look and see the deal with Hoskins was a bad idea. He just threw his job in a trash, very dumb move.

At least the haters will get to see the character die, I guess.

I think the only logical thing to do is show in the next movie he was forced to make the deal with Hoskins or something like that. Like a blackmail "you work with us or we're going to expose all your shady experiments" or something like that.

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:29 pm

Working under his new boss, possibly creating new hybrids.

"In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought." -Ian Malcolm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:30 pm

Richard Levine wrote:
Working under his new boss, possibly creating new hybrids.

A puppet on the villain's hands. I can see this happening. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:33 pm

From what I got from his character in JW was that he just wants to work on his science but that he got mixed up in something nefarious with either another company or someone's military, which I assume will carry over to the next film.

My theory is that the I-Rex was an experiment that Wu was ordered to do, an experiment to see if they could clone monster-dinos as weapons, the hypothetical mutants like the Stegoceratops we catch a glimpse of are more weapon ideas. When I-rex escapes, the mysterious group helps him escape and I assume that in the sequel, they will be pleased with how destructive the I-Rex was and believe that Wu can build a better one that is more easily controllable. My hope is that he is inspired by Grady's raptor squad and we get a 'evil raptor squad' of I-raptors.

In the end though, I hope Wu will do the right thing in the right moment. I'd like for him to be more than just a villain.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:46 pm

@evolution_rex wrote:
From what I got from his character in JW was that he just wants to work on his science but that he got mixed up in something nefarious with either another company or someone's military, which I assume will carry over to the next film.

My theory is that the I-Rex was an experiment that Wu was ordered to do, an experiment to see if they could clone monster-dinos as weapons. The hypothetical mutants like the Stegoceratops we catch a glimpse of are ideas he has for more weapons. Then the mysterious group helped him escape as he is important. I assume that in the sequel, this mysterious group was pleased with how destructive the I-Rex was and believe that Wu can build a better one that is more easily controllable. My hope is that he is inspired by Grady's raptor squad and we get a 'evil raptor squad' of I-raptors.

Correct, but I can't see a logical/smart motivation behind the deal with Hoskins.

Money? Most certainly not. He was the head geneticist and creator of unique creatures in a theme park. He had one of the highest positions there. I doubt money was a problem for him. And it just doesn't fit with the character. If this even comes as a final motivation, that will be really lame excuse. Wu's a scientist, and as a scientist he wants to open new paths and discover new things, innovate.

Freedom on his research? Could be, but let's remember he had a "secret" lab on JW and he did ALL kind of experiments there with no one aware of that, at least not his boss (what a good security, Mr.Masrani). I can imagine he was already doing whatever he wanted there.

Because he's evil and wants the world to burn? Really, again, another poor lame excuse. Make the character just evil for the sakes of being evil. I don't think he choose the deal with Hoskins to make bioweapons and kill everyone. Unless he went insane, but I don't think it's the case, also.

As I said, the best was to explain latter he was forced to do that bc of a blackmail Hoskins did or something like that. I wanted his arc to be developed in another way. He would not agree with what the new company was doing (I sense he has his own morals), and would do everything to expose and destroy them, like, sabotage on the dinosaurs and stuff like that.

I'd like to see him die not as villain or something like Hoskins. *put evil mad scientist speech here* *Wild raptor appears of nowhere and kills Wu*

I would tie the "I'm going to burn this company and everyone in it" plot with his novel death, maybe even make him help Claire and Owen in some part of the movie, and then die/give up saving himself, bc his career is over and he wouldn't spend his last days in a jail or something like that. He wouldn't die like a coward.

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:50 pm

I guess only time will tell, there really isn't enough evidence to correctly guess the motivation at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:59 pm

@evolution_rex wrote:
I guess only time will tell, there really isn't enough evidence to correctly guess the motivation at the moment.

There isn't bc Colin didn't think much about it, I guess. He should have explained it more in the movie, like put a scene with Hoskins and Wu to make it more clear.

A user in JPL said Wu was added latelly on the script, I think that's why the character lack motivations and personality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:11 pm

Probably he would be made to work for InGen in some secret lab

TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Mon May 29, 2017 7:41 pm

I think he'll go on a darker road. I'd imagine he would use his expertise in genetic modification to create something truly terrifying. Not for money or fame, but just to prove that he can create a lifeform superior to anything nature could.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   Mon May 29, 2017 7:42 pm

@TyrantGojira wrote:
I think he'll go on a darker road. I'd imagine he would use his expertise in genetic modification to create something truly terrifying. Not for money or fame, but just to prove that he can create a lifeform superior to anything nature could.
This is interesting, but I really want Wu to be more than just another mad scientist. He can be dark but still be developed in a way people understand his actions and where he comes from. Or maybe make him a conflicted character that can do both moral and imoral stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will Wu be up to if he returns?   

Back to top Go down

What will Wu be up to if he returns?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1