Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Horror Movie Thread

Go down 
+22
Sickle_Claw
Robotpo
doyouthinkhesaurus
V.a.nublarensis
Scott B
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
Rhedosaurus
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
TRK/TrexKing
Dr. Wu
Hellothasaurus
Spiegel
Raptor Blue
Oshronosaurus
Lost
JPMalcolmDilo
evolution_rex
Troyal1
CT-1138
Pugpunasaurus
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 05, 2017 12:59 pm

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 4:20 pm

This has been speculation for a long time but basically finally confirmed. Spielberg directed most of poltergeist! 

Quote :
“Hooper was so nice and just happy to be there. He creatively had input. Steven developed the movie, and it was his to direct, except there was anticipation of a director’s strike, so he was “the producer” but really he directed it in case there was going to be a strike and Tobe was cool with that. It wasn’t anything against Tobe. Every once in a while, he would actually leave the set and let Tobe do a few things just because. But really, Steven directed it.”

http://www.blumhouse.com/2017/07/14/confirmation-who-really-directed-poltergeist/
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 12:45 am

CT-1138 wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
RIP George A.Romero. It saddens me to think how actually close we may be to losing a lot of these icons. Carpenter, Sean Cunningham, Clive Barker, not to mention our acting icons like Robert England, Kane Hodder, Jaime Lee Curtis, etc. are all into their late 50s, mid-60s, or even older, and while I still see some good, itll never be the same.

It's unfortunate, but we are coming to an end of an era, I feel. The horror genre hasn't been the same since the 80s. These recent years have only solidified it.

I'm replying here so as not to start a discussion in the Passing thread. Problem with horror, a problem sadly since the 80s, is a lack of push for great horror. A couple studios, like Lionsgate and Blumhouse are doing acceptable work, but there's so much low budget schlock, from Asylum knock offs, to unfocused indie projects, to some of the low budget low-effort early year releases like The Bye-Bye Man. There was a lot of bad in the 80s and 90s, but there was a lot of effort, even in the projects basically made to capitalize on the success of other films.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 12:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 12:55 pm

Well the jigsaw trailer has me worried and intrigued at the same time. In case you guys don't know it's both the director and editor(of one of the earlier films) that has said behind closed doors he doesn't like the direction it's going and thinks it's worse than Saw 3D. He has an account on a saw fan site and the studio doesn't know it's him. Which is why I'm not saying WHO. But he has provided unquestionable proof in PM that it's him. 

Anyway I think it has promise but the trailer looked like everything he described. Too fun, too clean looking cinematography wise and ultimately it looks like "more of the same". He pitched a original idea but apparently the studio wanted a more cookie cutter sequel. He's seen the film and doesn't like it much. He wanted something more "cerebral" like the first movie. 

I hope I like it but damn.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 2:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 3:19 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Thanks. Forgot to actually post the damn thing lol
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 1:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 9:30 am

Poster Art Legend The Dude Designs Unleashes Teddy Bears Picnic
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/horror/news/876453-poster-art-legend-the-dude-designs-unleashes-teddy-bears-picnic#kfArWTP1mGagwEFS.99

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2017 2:31 pm

Third ‘Jeepers Creepers’ Opening in Theaters Next Month

They REALLY must wanna get this out, hopefully it's somewhat decent.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 16, 2017 4:54 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Third ‘Jeepers Creepers’ Opening in Theaters Next Month

They REALLY must wanna get this out, hopefully it's somewhat decent.

I hope it comes to a place near me.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 3:04 pm

New Line Cinema’s Conjuring Universe Surpasses $1 Billion
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/880821-conjuring-universe#tApTO92CCivgEZlQ.99

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 10:21 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
New Line Cinema’s Conjuring Universe Surpasses $1 Billion
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/880821-conjuring-universe#tApTO92CCivgEZlQ.99

You mean a cinematic universe actually succeeded by finding its own way rather than the studio setting out to force one down our throats from the get go? Get outta town!
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 12:48 pm

The short film that came before Saw.

http://thefictionstoryroom.com/saw-short-film-version/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Protesters cancel the premier of Jeepers Creepers 3.

Good. I'm normally not for this, but considering how the director is a known pedophile who got off way too easy, I'm more then happy to make an exception for this case.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 8:57 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Good. I'm normally not for this, but considering how the director is a known pedophile who got off way too easy, I'm more then happy to make an exception for this case.

It's weird, knowing Hollywood probably gets away with a lot behind the scenes, but just knowing this, I can't look at his films the same way. Never saw his early ones, the ones where his crimes were committed, but I keep seeing this stuff for JC3, and deep down I want to see it, I used to love the JC movies, but his crimes always come to surface in my mind, and it just repels me from watching them.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 10:49 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

It's weird, knowing Hollywood probably gets away with a lot behind the scenes, but just knowing this, I can't look at his films the same way. Never saw his early ones, the ones where his crimes were committed, but I keep seeing this stuff for JC3, and deep down I want to see it, I used to love the JC movies, but his crimes always come to surface in my mind, and it just repels me from watching them.

It really makes you wonder how he was allowed to direct after this, how people can still see his movies after learning the ugly truth, and how much we really don't know about the dark side of Hollywood...and if we even want to know just how ugly it really is.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 12:31 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

It really makes you wonder how he was allowed to direct after this, how people can still see his movies after learning the ugly truth, and how much we really don't know about the dark side of Hollywood...and if we even want to know just how ugly it really is.

That's my problem with Hollywood. This guy deserves way more time in jail than he got. He should never be in the business again.

But it really creeps me out that there are a boatload of movies we see every year that have pedophiles on the crew. I mean just think of how many people work on a movie. Even the higher ups. Chances are most movies we see have one extremely disturbed individual working on it.

I hope you guys don't think I'm a disgusting person for saying this. But I loved the first 2 movies. Yes it makes it extremely difficult and unfortunately I can't look at them the same way ever again. I just learned about it not long ago. But just like Rosemary's baby I still have fond memories of watching before knowing the horrible truth.

I totally respect the theaters decision and don't blame them. It was foolish to even try to screen this.

I can not lie though, I'm still going to watch the movie. Not for the director or to support his behavior. But because I really want to see it's end.(but NOT paying for it of course). I'd never pay for this behavior.

How was he allowed to direct again? Because these people are most likely everywhere in Hollywood. Awful.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 12:38 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Does it make me a bad person for still wanting to see Jeepers 3 even though I'm horrified by the director?

Like there is no way in hell im paying for it. I think the director should have never been let out of jail personally.

But I can't lie that I've wanted to see part 3 forever.

I feel so conflicted and bad. I hate people abusing children.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 7:47 am

Troyal1 wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Does it make me a bad person for still wanting to see Jeepers 3 even though I'm horrified by the director?

Like there is no way in hell im paying for it. I think the director should have never been let out of jail personally.

But I can't lie that I've wanted to see part 3 forever.

I feel so conflicted and bad. I hate people abusing children.

If you're going to see it, then pirate the movie via a website or on the Dark Web. That or try the movie theater two-step (buy a ticket for another movie then go to another one) before pirating the movie. I know that's a politically incorrect answer, but if the director didn't care about his victim, then why care about him via his financial situation? Whatever you do, just don't reward the guy by giving him your money. You're better then that.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 4:41 pm

Yeah let's try not to promote piracy, guys lol, even if the director is a scumbag.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 30, 2017 11:39 pm

Stephen King taking back rights to lots of his properties.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/topnews/3456118/stephen-king-taking-back-rights-biggest-horror-stories/

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6x07mf/stephen_king_is_taking_back_the_rights_to_some_of/
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Some really cool 'IT' fan artwork.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6xkdyv/mr_pennywise_it_fan_art_charcoal_and_paint/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 4:35 pm

Insidious Chapter 4's title is The Last Key and a trailer is coming soon

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 9:28 pm

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 9:01 am

It was fantastic! I loved it quite a bit. Will say there were a couple things that bothered me, but not enough to even remotely ruin the film. See it.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 11:01 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
It was fantastic! I loved it quite a bit.  Will say there were a couple things that bothered me, but not enough to even remotely ruin the film. See it.

This guy would do a good nightmare on elm street I think.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 6:35 am

After never having been a big fan of horror movies, It was a huge breath of fresh air with great scares.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 6:23 pm

The ‘Day of the Dead’ Remake Releasing This Year!

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 10:43 pm

Anyone seen the new "It"?

Saw it Thursday night and loved it. It wasnt perfect but it was really good. I'd probably go see it again while it was still in theaters.

If you did see it how did you like it?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horror Movie Thread   The Horror Movie Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Horror Movie Thread
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next