Where Life Found a Way...est. 2016

HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:41 am

Mistral wrote:
RaptorLover0823 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
If youve been stuck in the friendzone with someone for 11 years, you're never getting out.

I know
I'm only 2 years deep, stop scaring me

It's not all that bad...

Oh who am I kidding.]

Something to add:

You wanna know the funniest part? One of the first things she ever said to me, was if I wanted to marry her when I became old enough (at the time I was 16, she 19). I mean it was just a weird joke of course, and initially I just laughed it off, but as time went along it really struck to me with the whole context tongue Lol I doubt she even remembers saying it. Also she has reminded me plenty of times, directly and indirectly, not live too deeply in the nostalgia world.

I mean, we don't even live in the same cities and meet rarely nowadays. Last time we met she revealed she was planning in having kids at some point, you know with the guy she's been involved for some time now. Not something I thought she would ever even dream of. Also not something I really wanted to hear, like at all... which may be pretty selfish of me, totally selfish in fact, but what's the point of lying to yourself. Things like that really break whatever imaginary false beliefs one might have of some day breaking the friendzone. It's all just a big fantasy I guess. But there it is still.

Going back to pop culture parallels. As well as Jorah from GoT, Dipper and Wendy in Gravity Falls are also living in friend zone and close to my situation which I can relate to. They even have similar ish age gap to my situation at the time, around 3 years. However, Dipper seemed to learn to let it go within the span of one summer... I'm still there 11 years later lolz
Back to top Go down
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:01 am

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
I am so fed up with retail. I work in a grocery store, in the produce department, and today we had several people just looking over my shoulder while I was doing the markdowns, and trying to hurry me along, or convince me to give them things cheaper (which is against the rules for me to do.). After a while, I ended up complaining to my manager and another co-worker. However, we were talking on the floor, and ANOTHER woman came up, and started going off on me for complaining around customers, and that we were bringing down the moods of customers shopping there. I kept my mouth shut and apologized, but after such a rough time, I wanted to yell at this lady nearly as much as those harassing me before.

I want to more with life but I have no idea what. I've gotten my associates in college, but I don't know where to go from here. I'm so stressed all the time from stupid crap like above, and it's really wearing on me.  

I work in retail as well and absolutely hate when customers come in on truck days and tell me how many of a certain product is in stock because the website tells them so. Like, the website is never accurate so stop believing those numbers.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:04 am

But that's not really fault of the customers is it?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:29 am

Yes and no. No because the website isnt updated in real time but yes because everytime you tell them you dont physically have something, they stand there and either try to talk down to you and act like you dont know what you're talking about or they give you this sh*t eating grin like they dont believe you. Ive had that happen to me countless times. There are certain customers that actually come in and push product that is up on the pegs all the way to the back and then get pissed because we havent filled the free space yet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:33 am

Okay I understand.

I've had similar ish things happen in library, though usually the customers understand if book/thing X cannot be found even if the website/catalog said it's supposed there. There are million possible reasons why it's not despite what the system reports of course.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:15 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:
I am so fed up with retail. I work in a grocery store, in the produce department, and today we had several people just looking over my shoulder while I was doing the markdowns, and trying to hurry me along, or convince me to give them things cheaper (which is against the rules for me to do.). After a while, I ended up complaining to my manager and another co-worker. However, we were talking on the floor, and ANOTHER woman came up, and started going off on me for complaining around customers, and that we were bringing down the moods of customers shopping there. I kept my mouth shut and apologized, but after such a rough time, I wanted to yell at this lady nearly as much as those harassing me before.

I want to more with life but I have no idea what. I've gotten my associates in college, but I don't know where to go from here. I'm so stressed all the time from stupid crap like above, and it's really wearing on me.  

I work in retail as well and absolutely hate when customers come in on truck days and tell me how many of a certain product is in stock because the website tells them so. Like, the website is never accurate so stop believing those numbers.

I work in retail too. But my biggest problem isn't the customers (except for last minute shoppers), it's corporate. Ever since 2011 when my store got remodeled, they have micromanaged the Meijer that I work at into ground. They can claim that things have been improving, but I can't help but wonder how much of that is in spite of them. Truth is, nobody wants to work at Meijer anymore. The fact that my union is corrupt and really doesn't care about anything else but my dues makes things worse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:55 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:

I work in retail too. But my biggest problem isn't the customers (except for last minute shoppers), it's corporate. Ever since 2011 when my store got remodeled, they have micromanaged the Meijer that I work at into ground. They can claim that things have been improving, but I can't help but wonder how much of that is in spite of them. Truth is, nobody wants to work at Meijer anymore. The fact that my union is corrupt and really doesn't care about anything else but my dues makes things worse.

I can relate. We get absolutely no help in our store because the management keep trying to keep costs down. I mean, on a good day we'll have 3 people in produce, but if it gets busy, they start call for help bagging and checking, and then we don't get our stuff done, and they go off on us for not getting stuff done when we aren't even able to keep our own help in our department. Our union as well does shady tactics to get what they want. A while back, they wanted to put in some clause in the contract, I forget what it even was now, but it screwed with the full time people really bad, and it got voted down. So, the Union put it up to vote again....but this time scheduled it in the middle of the work day when 90% of the ones who could vote it down were working, and then passed it through because no one was there to vote it down.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat May 06, 2017 12:51 am

So today I spent my evening playing Garry's mod with my crush mentioned earlier on this thread. I'll just call her "J". Everything was pretty normal for the first hour, we poked a little fun at the whole friendzone thing with bulletholes on a wall.
Spoiler:

We then started watching Youtube videos via a media player in game, and she brought up a Steven universe song. She told me to listen to the lyrics, but I simply said "I will later." and wrote down the song name (She tried to get me to listen to the song many times in the past few weeks but I just ignored it). Then she started to fall quiet. I asked her what was wrong, and she simply replied "I want to cry but I just can't." I immediately started Private messaging her, asking what was wrong. She began to just pour all of her feelings out onto the keyboard, describing how confused she is; by entertaining (severely lovelorn) me, she started to gain feelings for me. "I just can't tell if I'm faking it anymore..." I explained and drew comparison to my feelings when I first started to fall in love with her, and giving advice about how I dealt with similar problems of uncertainty.
Finally, she summarized it with "I want to like you, really I do, but.... I can't, I don't know how"
we said goodnight and such, and then I went to watch the youtube video I mentioned earlier.
Wow. She had been trying to tell me the whole time.

Young love, am I right?

Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu May 25, 2017 6:33 pm

God damn it.... why is everyone trying to ruin everything for me in life? One big thing taken from me and i wasnt ready, asked, or allowed to get input from dad before he went trough with it. All because he HAD to have the better thing. But yeah f*** my feelings and usage of it. I'm about close to ending it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu May 25, 2017 6:38 pm

Troyal, I know I'm too young to understand, and I likely have no room to talk, but don't even think of ending it.
If the negative feelings grow, please consider calling 1-800-273-8255, suicide hotline.

Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu May 25, 2017 6:53 pm

@Océane wrote:
Troyal, I know I'm too young to understand, and I likely have no room to talk, but don't even think of ending it.
If the negative feelings grow, please consider calling 1-800-273-8255, suicide hotline.

Hey raptor lover. Being young doesn't mean you don't have value or input. I appreciate you reaching out man. But i have no idea if i'll get through this. My mental issues are making something that isn't even that big, REALLY BIG... i know that may not make sense....but that's my position. The only source of joy in my life(aside from here) got sh*t on. I feel helpless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu May 25, 2017 6:59 pm

Hey Troyal. Dude don't do this. We are here for you man, just if you ever want to talk. DM me on twitter or something.

Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu May 25, 2017 7:09 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
God damn it.... why is everyone trying to ruin everything for me in life? One big thing taken from me and i wasnt ready, asked, or allowed to get input from dad before he went trough with it. All because he HAD to have the better thing. But yeah f*** my feelings and usage of it.  I'm about close to ending it.

What did your father do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu May 25, 2017 7:20 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
God damn it.... why is everyone trying to ruin everything for me in life? One big thing taken from me and i wasnt ready, asked, or allowed to get input from dad before he went trough with it. All because he HAD to have the better thing. But yeah f*** my feelings and usage of it.  I'm about close to ending it.

Family's can suck sometimes. Believe me, I know. I won't try to take any guesses as to what exactly happened. All I can tell you is that there is life outside of family, even if it doesn't seem like it now. I'm not trying to tell you to cut your family out of your life, merely reminding you that the option exists. It's not the be all end all to life. Your life is a precious commodity...You'll never get another one.

Anyways, you're my bro, and I'm just a PM away if you need someone to talk to/vent at.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu May 25, 2017 8:09 pm

Thanks everyone. Honestly made me tear up reading that. I'm not feeling like i'm gonna take my life as i was earlier.

My family is really great to me.... but i have a ton of mental problems, and i DON'T like change. I don't wanna say what happened exactly but my Dad just kinda changed some stuff and demanded i throw away some of my stuff without exception. I have some stuff in the house that is really just perfect for me and it fits my needs perfect. And he comes in with a new thing that is inferior and says "there's no room for both".  He didn't consult or ask me, he just thought these new thing would be better when they are far worse. Don't fit my needs at all. And he just expects me to throw away all the stuff i need to keep this new junk, and change my whole way of living. I guess he thought it would be therapy for me or some sh*t.

He seems like he might be willing to talk tomorrow, maybe.

But yeah, i have High functioning autism(that makes change hard for lots of people, even little stuff). Bi-polar disorder, anxiety disorder OCD and severe depression. All diagnosed.

So sometimes i can be quite the basket-case.

Thanks guys. Hugs. I'll tell you what happens 2morrow
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu May 25, 2017 9:25 pm

Best of luck Troyal, hope everything will mellow out eventually.

Tyrant Lizard
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 1:31 pm

Negging on this forum.

Some people do it just because they disagree with an opinion or because they get pissy about something. I know the function exists for a reason, but it really just doesn't seem to be in the spirit of this place (or JPLegacy).
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 1:40 pm

I don't really know what that means, even after looking the (slang?) definition up, but it was probably directed at me.

Thanks again, but I already am aware of your deep hatred.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 1:43 pm

IF you guys feel like you are going to argue, take it to PMS or off forum. Everyone is going to have their own opinions and agree or disagree, you can't change what a person feels. As a small forum I realize you might be interacting with certain people more often, but try to move past things and keep things calm.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 1:56 pm

Well. I think there are exactly 3 guys on this forum with whom I have the same arguments over and over again. I AM sorry for being such a busy nose, obviously the 'blame' goes both sides, but you've got to learn with different people and different opinions nevertheless. I could've been a forum member of 15 posts after 5 months, but I've chosen to interact. I could go the other round if that's what you 3 collectively wanted. Or stop coming altogether. Because it is doubtful my posting style's gonna change.

Last edited by Mistral on Mon May 29, 2017 1:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Océane
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 1:59 pm

I don't really think it's your fault or anything, you just have such radically different opinions than the rest of us.

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 2:01 pm

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about MLP though, Oceane, there really is nothing better =P
Back to top Go down
Océane
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 2:05 pm

Ayy something I can agree on with no reluctance

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 2:08 pm

Ya FIM and Gravity Falls, who needs anything else? Okay Jurassic Park and Winona too Razz
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 5:42 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
IF you guys feel like you are going to argue, take it to PMS or off forum. Everyone is going to have their own opinions and agree or disagree, you can't change what a person feels. As a small forum I realize you might be interacting with certain people more often, but try to move past things and keep things calm.  

How fitting Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 6:08 pm

I don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 6:15 pm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premenstrual_syndrome

Aka the symptoms before a woman's period lol. He obviously meant PMs

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 6:18 pm

I don't get the joke.

Is it my turn to insult next?

How is this game played?
Back to top Go down
TRK
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 6:26 pm

He meant Private messages instead it was misconstrued as "PMS".

I think everyone is heated in the moment and we should all take a second to calm down a little. Everyone is letting opinions get the best of them and it's becoming too much for some to handle. For someone to say it doesn't fee like the spirit of the fandom here is a sign of that yes? We all need to calm a little and take a step back. People involved may need to take this to PM, if anyone has concerns you can also private message me. I don't want to break out the infraction system as it's never been used here. Which is a good thing I think personally.

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 6:51 pm

EDIT

I am done.

Last edited by Mistral on Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 7:06 pm

Guys please help me. I don't know how or why, but since last days I've been SUPER ANXIOUS and aggitated and I can't foccus in anything and that is super annoying. I had anxiety issues since a long time but damn it's worse now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 7:17 pm

I thought I had come to an agreement, with some guy that I had been having this 'competition' for years now. And I thought id finally got some news with a reply form an actor but....

after all this time, its still one big pissing contest. To see who can get a longer stream. And really thats all it is. Im not rising to the bait.

Océane
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon May 29, 2017 9:57 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Guys please help me. I don't know how or why, but since last days I've been SUPER ANXIOUS and aggitated and I can't foccus in anything and that is super annoying. I had anxiety issues since a long time but damn it's worse now.

I can relate to the anxieties man. The most important thing my father has taught me is to live in the present when anxiety hits. Think about the situation:
-do you have food & water?
-can you breathe?
-Have you been bitten by anything?
If the answers are yes, yes, and no, just go and do something you like to do. In my case, that's sing or draw. And most importantly, talk to yourself; it's good for you.

Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Wed May 31, 2017 9:23 pm

Hope you feel better Spino Sad. DM me on twitter any time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:20 am

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Feel free to give me a shout any time you want, bud Ooooh Right!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:10 pm

Thanks guys, it got a bit better those days but still. My mind is so far and also I'm feeling without any purpouse in life. Sometimes I trully want a gun to shoot my head, no drama.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:00 pm

Sorry the double post, but that sh*t is back again. I seriously don't know what's happening.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:07 pm

Mistral wrote:
EDIT

I am done.

Why? what happened?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:07 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Sorry the double post, but that sh*t is back again. I seriously don't know what's happening.

If you need to talk man, send me a PM. I haven't been diagnosed with anxiety or anything, but I know very well about it and how it causes me problems all the time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:49 pm

Somebody's been giving me negative rep.

I will find you Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:22 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:

What's wrong dude? PM me bro.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:30 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:

There, back up it goes.

You hear me, rep villain? You have no power here!

Cygnus (♂) - Dilophosaurus wetherlii "venenifer"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:45 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
What's wrong dude? PM me bro.

It's nothing serious, dude Laughing

Someone just downvoted me is all xD

@Theta Rex wrote:

There, back up it goes.

You hear me, rep villain? You have no power here!

Ahh. Back up to an even 30. You have no idea how much that means to me. That 29 looked so damn...icky.

Thank you Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:36 pm

I hate my father. There were times in my life where he really did act like one (1997-1999, 2002, and 2004-2007.) But other then those time periods, he never really was my father. He was always short tempered and always the first to punish me before I could get my side. During my elementary school days, he encouraged me to fight back against bullies, but when I to middle school, he changed. During 7th grade I did some typical dumb teenage stuff, but people took it the wrong way and hated me, framed me for things I never did. One time, I did nothing wrong and not only did I get a, ISS, (In school suspension and then he beat me without hearing my side first. Then when I fought back against a bully in school, he spit on me without hearing my side. It wasn't until my mother yelled at him did he stop being so pre-accusitory toward me.

Now he's even worse. He uses racial slurs on a common basis, has his 'guilty until proven innocent' mindset put on steroids, and has basically become Archie Bunker x100. The way I see it, our relationship is a semi-parasitic one. If he can see people at the lowest common denominator, then I'm doing the same thing to him. To me, he's just a means to an end. Nothing more, nothing less. With that being said, if he were to die of a heart attack, get hit by a car, etc, or at the very least have his vocal cords damaged beyond all hope of surgical repair, then I would be a very happy man.

What's worse is that I plan to be an author, I have a book in progress right now, and I'm worried that his...behavior will affect it's success. What's worse is that he's making me work at the same lousy job (I mentioned it earlier on this page) 'until you find a better job. That's how it's done.' Sorry, but I can't mentally handle my shitty job anymore. Besides, if I quit my job now, then at least I have a path to some sort of future. With the job I have, I don't have ANY future.

The more I think about it, I have have never wanted/hated anybody else then the man who calls himself my father. The way I see it, other then a few short time periods here and there, he was never my dad, and I was never his son.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:13 pm

Okay, I'd like some context for the "racial slurs" bit.
But it's already quite clear that some proffessional help is needed, assuming you haven't done that already.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   

Back to top Go down

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next