Share | 

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Richard Levine
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:54 pm

In short; Dating. It's complicated. Veeery complicated.

Twitter: @jurassifreak
Instagram: @jurassifreak
Facebook: dm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:11 am

I'd say just getting to know a woman you're interested in is very complicated. One minute they show the interest back and the next they dont.

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:13 pm

Some days I wish that I could relive my childhood through my high school years again. When things were simple, when people talked about politics without shouting at each other like mental patients, when morals, customs, and traditions still meant something. Now...I see a lot of that meaning nothing. Memorial Day, Independence Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving have been destroyed by retail and greedy, selfish, materialistic slobs who are too lazy to shop online or do it before those holidays. Heck, look at all the injuries and deaths that have occurred via Black Friday shoppers. Even back in my high school days 2002-2006, I could talk to my friends about politics. Now, while I still do from time to time, I see more people verbally killing each other.

It it really that hard to ask to go back to the good ol' days of the 1980's and 1990's?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:28 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Some days I wish that I could relive my childhood through my high school years again. When things were simple, when people talked about politics without shouting at each other like mental patients, when morals, customs, and traditions still meant something. Now...I see a lot of that meaning nothing. Memorial Day, Independence Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving have been destroyed by retail and greedy, selfish, materialistic slobs who are too lazy to shop online or do it before those holidays. Heck, look at all the injuries and deaths that have occurred via Black Friday shoppers. Even back in my high school days 2002-2006, I could talk to my friends about politics. Now, while I still do from time to time, I see more people verbally killing each other.

It it really that hard to ask to go back to the good ol' days of the 1980's and 1990's?

Yes. It is too much to ask lol. Now a days the mandate is "go to work, no fun allowed, everything that is a joke is taken as a direct attack on someone, and people take pride in ruining others lives over different opinions ". 

Welcome to 2017 oh boy!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:39 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

Yes. It is too much to ask lol. Now a days the mandate is "go to work, no fun allowed, everything that is a joke is taken as a direct attack on someone, and people take pride in ruining others lives over different opinions ". 

Welcome to 2017 oh boy!!!

Even though I was born in 1988 and spent my childhood in the 90's and early 2000's, I got in to the 1980's back in 2002 via VH1's I Love The 80's and discovered 80's music. The more I think about it, the more I believe that the 1980's was the pinnacle of human civilization. At least here in the United States. While the 1990's was a slight downturn, that too was a golden age. I just wish that we could have those magical days back. That semi-utopian golden age of the 1980's and 1990's back again.

This current age sucks and I have little hope for the future. At least the movies will still be good/respectable...or enough of them anyways.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:43 pm

My family dog, Sadie, is going to be put down tomorrow. Last night, we took her to the EMS vet and he noticed via X-Ray that her spleen grew massively. He wasn't sure if it was cancerous or not, but he said the way to solve the problem was through surgery. My dad talked to our family vet, who was the vet for my first dog, Kuma, and he said that due to Sadie's age, 12.5 years old, that she wouldn't make it through the surgery and that if she wasn't put down, the spleen would cause massive bleeding and she would die a slow and painful death.

If there's one good thing about this, it's that I at least have the chance to say good bye to her. I never got that with Kuma, my first dog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:58 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
My family dog, Sadie, is going to be put down tomorrow. Last night, we took her to the EMS vet and he noticed via X-Ray that her spleen grew massively. He wasn't sure if it was cancerous or not, but he said the way to solve the problem was through surgery. My dad talked to our family vet, who was the vet for my first dog, Kuma, and he said that due to Sadie's age, 12.5 years old, that she wouldn't make it through the surgery and that if she wasn't put down, the spleen would cause massive bleeding and she would die a slow and painful death.

If there's one good thing about this, it's that I at least have the chance to say good bye to her. I never got that with Kuma, my first dog.

Dude I'm so sorry. 2 years ago I had to put my dog down(8 years old) because all the sudden he was really slow one week. I can't spell the condition but basically he had a rare heart disease.

Just spend your last moments comforting her and spending time with her. It will be extremely hard, but she will be at peace and her suffering will end completely. But I know that won't make you, the owner feel any better.

The only thing I can say beyond spending time with her is I suggest you go back with her if possible. I know it'll be incredibly hard. I also know this is easier said than done but when my dog died I tried my hardest to think of the good memories associated with him. At first I thought "why did I get this damn dog if it was going to cause such emotional pain on me? Why? I thought to myself. But then i realized the joy and time I had spent with him was the miracle of life and that it was ultimately worth it.

I'm not sure if you have the money but I had my dog cremated. Might sound a little creepy but his ashes are sitting on a wooden box on my shelf and I'm not even kidding when I say it made me feel better somehow. I think it reminds me of the joy because instead of a grave it's a beautiful wooden box.

Anyway dude please PM us and keep us updated. You're in my thoughts. As well as Sadie of course. Good luck and stay strong man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evolution_rex
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:06 am

Had to put down my dog, which I had from age 5 to 20, last year and I still haven't gotten over it (I also had him cremated). I know the feeling all too much so my heart goes out to you. I also have dog currently named Sadie, and the idea of losing her is heartbreaking.

Update on thing with that woman I've been talking to; things have gone really great in the last few days and I know soon I'll have to schedule a time to hang out in person. It basically went into the situation where I having a panic attack and began to think that she wasn't into me at all so I told her I wouldn't her bothered anymore and she responded with a lot of appreciation and made it clear that she did in fact want to talk to me. She's found out that she's getting let go at her work too, a job she got mainly because of connections, so it puts us on a slightly more even playing field.

Still, I absolutely hate that I can't rest fully because I know her and how she operates. I have a distinct feeling that in this whole thing's peak where I begin feeling really good about what we're doing, she's gonna suddenly stop talking to me in favor of some muscular white trash guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:20 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

Dude I'm so sorry. 2 years ago I had to put my dog down(8 years old) because all the sudden he was really slow one week. I can't spell the condition but basically he had a rare heart disease.

Just spend your last moments comforting her and spending time with her. It will be extremely hard, but she will be at peace and her suffering will end completely. But I know that won't make you, the owner feel any better.

The only thing I can say beyond spending time with her is I suggest you go back with her if possible. I know it'll be incredibly hard. I also know this is easier said than done but when my dog died I tried my hardest to think of the good memories associated with him. At first I thought "why did I get this damn dog if it was going to cause such emotional pain on me? Why? I thought to myself. But then i realized the joy and time I had spent with him was the miracle of life and that it was ultimately worth it.

I'm not sure if you have the money but I had my dog cremated. Might sound a little creepy but his ashes are sitting on a wooden box on my shelf and I'm not even kidding when I say it made me feel better somehow. I think it reminds me of the joy because instead of a grave it's a beautiful wooden box.

Anyway dude please PM us and keep us updated. You're in my thoughts. As well as Sadie of course. Good luck and stay strong man.

@evolution_rex wrote:
Had to put down my dog, which I had from age 5 to 20, last year and I still haven't gotten over it (I also had him cremated). I know the feeling all too much so my heart goes out to you. I also have dog currently named Sadie, and the idea of losing her is heartbreaking.

Thanks guys. Today was 'the day'. Not very easy for any of us. Dad got laid off twice when we had her so he took it hard. Mom picked her so she's taking it hard too. My little sister, Amanda, is taking it the worst. She was as close to Sadie as I was with my first dog, Kuma. I'm tanking hard, but I'm keeping it together. The main thing is that I got to say good-bye to her. I never had that with my first dog.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evolution_rex
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:54 am

Yesterday I found out that two of my friends are moving, and it basically means the small social life I had is going down the drain. That upsets me, though I am happy for them of course.

Yesterday I also found out that my twin brother, who is gay, was sexually harassed throughout high school by a guy I considered a friend, a guy who everyone assumed was 100% straight. I broke off all contact with him after high school for various reasons, because in general he's always been a complete asshole, and just when I began to think that maybe I could forgive him and we could patch things up my brother reveals this to me, and I know I made the absolute right decision. But I'm horrified that my brother experienced this, that he felt he couldn't tell me, and that I hung out with this guy for so long and shared so many laughs.  I wish I could have been there for him then, and it makes me really angry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Spinosaur4.4
Indominus rex
Indominus rex

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:34 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:

This scares me.

I own a 14 year old dashround. I'm trying to prepare myself for his death, because I know it'll come at any time. He's a very strong dog, but hey, we all die one day.

I'm so sorry to read that. But you did the right thing. We all want the best to our pets, and I think even in times like this, we need to chose what is better for him/her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:03 pm

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

This scares me.

I own a 14 year old dashround. I'm trying to prepare myself for his death, because I know it'll come at any time. He's a very strong dog, but hey, we all die one day.

I'm so sorry to read that. But you did the right thing. We all want the best to our pets, and I think even in times like this, we need to chose what is better for him/her.

Thanks Spino. It's really appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   

Back to top Go down

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6