Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 5:36 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Suicide Squad got an Oscar nomination for best makeup.

Well can't say I saw that happening.

I did think the makeup work on Killer Croc was exquisite, and the crazy designs of the other Squad members were morbidly interesting in their own way, but I never thought it would have been enough to warrant an Academy Award nomination.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Me neither. I know it was a profitable movie, but I never thought Suicide Squad of all comic book movies would ever get an Oscar nomination.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Well Joker, Croc and Quinn among others have extensive make up. so I mean it does make sense plus it could always be a weak year. I don't think it will win though. Oscars like to support one movie a year.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 9:29 pm

'The Flash' is in more trouble again.

Joby Harold is doing a page-one rewrite.

I don't know what a page one rewrite is, but if it's another name for a whole script rewrite, then I can't help but wonder if it's a matter of time before the whole thing gets thrown out.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 5:43 am

What's puzzling is that they've had a highly successful TV show for the Flash for some time now, and yet they aren't taking notes from what made that show work?

Who would have thought the Flash of all characters would prove so difficult for them to make a good film of?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:51 am

Or at the very least a respectable one. Ant-Man was one thing since it never had the mainstream media screen of the rest of the MCU heroes (and dark heroine Black Widow) but even that turned to be a respectable movie. Even without the TV show, The Flash has had quite bit of fame on TV.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 11:29 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
'The Flash' is in more trouble again.

Joby Harold is doing a page-one rewrite.

I don't know what a page one rewrite is, but if it's another name for a whole script rewrite, then I can't help but wonder if it's a matter of time before the whole thing gets thrown out.

A page 1 rewrite is redoing the whole thing all over again.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 12:51 pm

Thought as much. I can't help but wonder if WB is putting money in a failing project and would be better off using it to improve their existing projecting in the DCCU.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:09 pm

The Flash is too big to ignore. If it was Cyborg or Shazam, maybe but it isn't. It is like Marvel skipping Thor or Hulk. Granted they've only done one Hulk but they still did it.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:13 pm

So basically, WB is forced to build this ship even it sinks. That sounds a lot like the DCCU in a whole nutshell so far.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:23 pm

Yeah pretty much. They kind of pigeonholed themselves by announcing the film schedule for like the next 5 years too.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:42 pm

They should just bite the bullet and postpone the Flash movie for by a year or more. Aquaman appears to be in clearer waters (pun intended). Their habit of announcing their movies without actually having a script or pre-planned deadline will continue to undo them unless they stop being so damn reactionary.

Wonder Woman could be the one film to change the conversation as far as DC success is concerned. But that's a lot of stakes to place on one movie, and I don't envy Patty Jenkins if it falls apart...

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:53 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
They should just bite the bullet and postpone the Flash movie for by a year or more. Aquaman appears to be in clearer waters (pun intended). Their habit of announcing their movies without actually having a script or pre-planned deadline will continue to undo them unless they stop being so damn reactionary.

Wonder Woman could be the one film to change the conversation as far as DC success is concerned. But that's a lot of stakes to place on one movie, and I don't envy Patty Jenkins if it falls apart...

And even if Wonder Woman does turn out to be good, or at least respectable, there is always the chance of Justice League ruining that. Thankfully, Ben Affleck being promoted as EP lowered that chance quite a bit, but that chance never really died off considering how mixed of a bag Suicide Squad turned out to be and all the leaks that have come out about both Wonder Woman and Justice League.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 8:44 pm

i've said it before but Warner Bros. is really trying to do too much too fast

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 9:31 pm

The Batsuit that Michael Keton wore for 'Batman Returns' was sold at an auction for $41,250.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 9:00 pm

Ben Affleck steps down as the director of Batman. This looks like the coffin of the DCCU has been made. This has been transformed into a death watch.

Cameron Monaghan says his take on The Joker was inspired by the animated version in the 1990's cartoon that was voiced by Mark Hamill.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 10:04 pm

Hes still writing the movie and he's still playing Batman. Until he steps away from the role, then the movie will be on deathwatch.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 11:05 pm

I was talking about the entire DCCU in general. At this point, he's probably so frustrated with how it's all gone, that he's only doing it for the sake of making a good Batman movie. If he was angry enough to step down as director, then it's only a matter of time before another big shoe drops.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 4:37 am

"Deathwatch" is probably the word for me; this is definitely a troubling sign but for me the coffin and funeral march won't commence until he up and leaves the part. That will be it for me.

Wonder Woman absolutely must deliver on every level if the DCEU is to have a chance of survival through this sure-to-be tumultuous year, and if Justice League being averagely or well received then they may yet survive.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 6:43 pm

Nicole Kidman will play Aquaman's mother, Queen Atlanna.

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II will probably play Black Manta.

This article says that Affleck stepping down was a good choice since it would have overwhelmed him. I don't totally disagree with that, but even so, if they screw up on the new director...Game Over.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 4:33 am

I wonder if Affleck stepping down has anything to do with that recent movie of his flopping.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 8:25 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I wonder if Affleck stepping down has anything to do with that recent movie of his flopping.

Even that was WB's fault for cutting it shorter.

Chris Terro has turned in a rewrite of the Batman script. He did write Argo so he has that for him.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 9:09 pm

DC and WB should just focus on turning their properties into amazing Lego movies. That Batman seems keen to be the best superhero film they've had in almost a decade. Razz

Ben Affleck is a decent director but he was doing too much for the film as is and I don't think he is a GREAT director per se. That is I don't think he can make nearly everything he touches turn to gold. His best films had a ton of aid from others. Good Will Hunting was written by Matt Damon as well and Argo had Terro. The Academy awarding him for Argo over Lincoln really inflated his rep a bit much.

But I am also a little biased as I thought he was not only the wrong choice for the Caped Crusader but I thought the choice to make Batman older was.....unwise. I am also a proponent of a Batman without any Robin (although Dick after he has become Nightwing isn't bad) though.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 10:21 pm

Here's Andre Meadows, AKA, Black Nerd's take on it.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 5:09 pm

Concept art of Bat-Monster, either Man-Bat or Bruce Wayne's dark side-The Bat-is released.

It could be both. That Man-Bat is really Bruce Wayne's dark side instead of a flesh and blood villain.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 5:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 7:46 pm

Some fans are starting a petition for Zach Snyder to direct the Batman movie.

This makes no sense. Synder was heavily criticized for Batman vs. Superman and was basically a figurehead/puppet after Ben Affleck was made the executive producer for Justice League. Why would he want to be a figurehead/puppet for Affleck again?

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 9:09 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Some fans are starting a petition for Zach Snyder to direct the Batman movie.

This makes no sense. Synder was heavily criticized for Batman vs. Superman and was basically a figurehead/puppet after Ben Affleck was made the executive producer for Justice League. Why would he want to be a figurehead/puppet for Affleck again?

Just when I think the world can't get anymore insane...

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 4:49 am

I propose to just sit back and watch the petition shrivel up and die. I have no idea who WB will hire to replace Ben Affleck with the directing duties, but I really hope it's not Snyder. Not because I don't like the guy or think he's untalented, but it's clear that he's a visual director first and foremost, not a storyteller kind of director. Affleck is a storyteller, and that'w why it was so important to have him on board and on good terms with the suits.

Now, a most likely case scenario would be a talented but inexperienced director without any influence; someone like Gareth Edwards or Colin Trevorrow before they landed their respective giant monster/dinosaur projects. They'll never get a David Fincher or Denis Villeneuve now; the highest bid would probably be a Gavin O'Connor, who has worked with Affleck on the sleeper hit The Accountant, a film that defied the critical snubbing it got.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 4:10 pm

I have to remind people that Synder himself said that he'd like to see Batman raped in prison. Granted, that won't happen with Affleck as executive producer if Synder does take the job. But even so, their is now way how Synder can be director now. Even if he didn't say this, then as long as the DCU/DCCU is concerned, he is damaged beyond repair.

Temuera Morrison will play Aquaman's dad.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 5 of 22Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next