Where Life Found a Way...est. 2016
 
HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The DC Comics Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:09 pm

The Aquaman movie got pushed back from October 5, 2018 to December 21, 2018.

If the leak about it being over budgeted at $200 million is true, which I'm going to believe, then this along with it only means more trouble. I can see DC pumping $200 million for Justice League, the Batman movie, or even Man Of Steel 2. But Aquaman? A superhero that only has 1/4 of the popularity of those 2?


Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1106
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:24 pm

I dont take a 2 month delay as more trouble, however it's film suicide if they really want it to go against the Han Solo movie.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The LEGO Batman Movie (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:35 pm

It looks like Warner Bros. is trying to push out another DCMU movie this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Oh, great. Not only is David Goyer going to write the new Green Lantern movie, but he could very well direct it too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 810
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:35 am

*facedesk*

I don't know why Warner Bros insists on giving Goyer work, but apparently they forgot that Blade Trinity was one of the biggest duds of the comic book genre! And then there's The Invisible and The Unborn, which I didn't even know about until today but appear to be pretty bad...

He got lucky while working with Chris Nolan, but their insistence on keeping him on board shows a flagrant disinterest in listening to what fans and critics have to say about the flaws with their films! Still, it's early days, and so I hope he goes the way of Rick Famuyiwa...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:13 pm

WB is taking it's time trying to find a director for 'The Flash'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:30 am

The trailer for Justice League was been released.



Cyborg still looks a bit too fragile and I wish we'd seen Steppenwolf, Darksied's uncle and the main villain of this movie. But other then that, I like this trailer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:02 pm

Joss Whedon will write and direct a Batgirl/Barbara Gordon movie.

I'm surprised he's got a new job considering how he's destroyed much of his good reputation he built up with his 2 Avengers movies via his Twitter rants/posts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 810
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:13 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Joss Whedon will write and direct a Batgirl/Barbara Gordon movie.

I'm surprised he's got a new job considering how he's destroyed much of his good reputation he built up with his 2 Avengers movies via his Twitter rants/posts.

As much as I have grown sick of his Twitter belly-aching, I still consider Whedon a legitimately talented director. I'm actually one of the few people who finds the first Avengers film kinda above average rather than exceptionally great, and by comparison I found Age of Ultron more engaging and interesting a story on re-watch despite it's flaws. Basically, I'm the guy who rather considers Winter Soldier or Iron Man 1 to be Marvel's best films.

I kinda see Whedon as the anti-Mel Gibson. They're about as far apart politically as you can get, both have been prone to saying a lot of questionable and stupid sh*t before, sometimes to the point of career meltdown, only while Mel pushes through his backlash and channels it into his films, Joss just doesn't, not really. And Gibson is a more accomplished and stylistically rich director compared to Whedon. But in the end, is Whedon a good call for Batgirl? I'd say so, and I hope he can stick around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:22 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Joss Whedon will write and direct a Batgirl/Barbara Gordon movie.

I'm surprised he's got a new job considering how he's destroyed much of his good reputation he built up with his 2 Avengers movies via his Twitter rants/posts.

As much as I have grown sick of his Twitter belly-aching, I still consider Whedon a legitimately talented director. I'm actually one of the few people who finds the first Avengers film kinda above average rather than exceptionally great, and by comparison I found Age of Ultron more engaging and interesting a story on re-watch despite it's flaws. Basically, I'm the guy who rather considers Winter Soldier or Iron Man 1 to be Marvel's best films.

I kinda see Whedon as the anti-Mel Gibson. They're about as far apart politically as you can get, both have been prone to saying a lot of questionable and stupid sh*t before, sometimes to the point of career meltdown, only while Mel pushes through his backlash and channels it into his films, Joss just doesn't, not really. And Gibson is a more accomplished and stylistically rich director compared to Whedon. But in the end, is Whedon a good call for Batgirl? I'd say so, and I hope he can stick around.

I can see that too. Truth is, now that you mention it...If Mel Gibson manages to get the job as director for Suicide Squad 2, then it would really be odd to see those 2 guys working at the same studio. It only makes you wonder if WB thought of that before hiring Whedon.

This whole DCMU post-JL stuff is getting stranger by the by month and we don't even know if Justice League will save the whole thing yet!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:25 pm

If Lego sets are anything to go by, the Ares will be 20 ft tall in the movie.





Nicole Kidman talks about why she decided to be a part of the Aquaman movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Concept art of Doomsday shows 2 designs before they picked the one that they chose.

I like these better then the troll design that they used.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 810
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:45 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Concept art of Doomsday shows 2 designs before they picked the one that they chose.

I like these better then the troll design that they used.

Same, I can't really understand why they settled on the Cave Troll look for Doomsday for most of his appearance, even accepting that he's made from General Zod's body. Certain bits of more recent concept art also made Doomsday look even more troll-ish.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 387
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:45 am

yeah, just adding on the "beard" would've made him look better
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1106
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:39 pm

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS: Bryce Dallas Howard Seemingly Interested In Poison Ivy Role
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/gotham-city-sirens-bryce-dallas-howard-seemingly-interested-in-poison-ivy-role-a150247

2019 Could Feature The Release Of As Many As Six BATMAN Themed Live-Action And Animated Movies
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman/2019-could-feature-the-release-of-as-many-as-six-batman-themed-live-action-and-animated-movies-a150245

Dolph Lundgren Joins Aquaman as King Nereus
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/837277-dolph-lundgren-joins-aquaman-as-king-nereus#O1CZctmqDEhSgFKs.99

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The LEGO Batman Movie (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1106
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:43 pm

R-Rated Watchmen Animated Feature Planned by Warner Bros.?
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/837367-r-rated-watchmen-animated-feature-planned-by-warner-bros#bKWGR7dz2ZCZzWZt.99

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The LEGO Batman Movie (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1106
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:02 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: The LEGO Batman Movie (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 724
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:36 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Concept art of Doomsday shows 2 designs before they picked the one that they chose.

I like these better then the troll design that they used.

Why didn't they go with these?! I just....ugh...I don't have the words.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 387
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:30 pm

video's unavailable, Dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1106
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:16 pm

I dont even remember what the video was, lol

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The LEGO Batman Movie (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 387
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:12 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
I dont even remember what the video was, lol
that's happened to me alot, too--i'll search a thread for old posts of mine, see that i posted a pic or video, go to that post to remember whatever amusing thing it was that i posted, and the link's dead with no indication of what it was Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed May 03, 2017 7:36 am

According to ScreenRant, Wonder Woman will be 2 hrs and 21 minutes long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 810
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed May 03, 2017 10:31 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
According to ScreenRant, Wonder Woman will be 2 hrs and 21 minutes long.

I'm not too fussed about that - while 2 hours tops would probably be the safe/optimal route, if those 2 hours 21 minutes are of substantial worth to the story they're telling then the length won't be an issue. But that is a clear, emphatic if, the film still needs to win the confidence of movie goers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Thu May 11, 2017 6:37 pm

Diane Lane said that Justice League won't be better then Marvel's Avengers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 810
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri May 12, 2017 11:52 am

Justice League: Diane Lane Clarifies Avengers Comments

Why exactly did this even need to be news??

Why did this have to blow up to some kind of idiotic controversy?

Ignoring that a few months ago she actually said she understood where Zack Snyder was coming from with regards to the whole Martha debate, it would have been a more likely move on her part to remain silent than deliberately throw Justice League under the bus. At least, not until after it's had time to be released and assessed by the movie-going public.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri May 12, 2017 5:26 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Justice League: Diane Lane Clarifies Avengers Comments

Why exactly did this even need to be news??

Why did this have to blow up to some kind of idiotic controversy?

Ignoring that a few months ago she actually said she understood where Zack Snyder was coming from with regards to the whole Martha debate, it would have been a more likely move on her part to remain silent than deliberately throw Justice League under the bus. At least, not until after it's had time to be released and assessed by the movie-going public.

If this is anything to go by,then it looks like the behind the scenes stuff during the filming of JL was worse then we thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun May 14, 2017 3:10 pm

Unless I'm reading this wrong, Wonder Woman still has an embargo on it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon May 15, 2017 6:43 pm

HUGE NEWS!

DC vs. Watchmen confirmed via Doomsday Clock.

It's already been teased via Dr. Manhattan killing off Reverse Flash. him creating the Flashpoint universe, and making it possible for the real Batman to meet his Flashpoint father, Thomas Wanye who became Batman in the universe, also seen, here.

Now it's revealed that it was all part of Dr. Manhattan's plan to get Batman out of the way after all.

This is shaping up to be one of the biggest comic book moments in DC history, not to mention comic book history.


Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Mon May 15, 2017 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 387
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon May 15, 2017 7:35 pm

incidentally, i seem to remember reading somewhere that Dr. Manhattan was really the one responsible for the New 52, something to the effect of setting in motion the events that caused the Flash to actually do it. maybe this is the culmination of that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon May 15, 2017 7:47 pm

@Oshronosaurus wrote:
incidentally, i seem to remember reading somewhere that Dr. Manhattan was really the one responsible for the New 52, something to the effect of setting in motion the events that caused the Flash to actually do it. maybe this is the culmination of that?

Yes, one of the people at DC actually confirmed that Dr. Manhattan caused the New 52. It's possible that The Flash may have caused some of the changes, but even if that was the case, Dr. Manhattan still caused most of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue May 16, 2017 6:49 am

It looks like Justice League is still undergoing even more reshoots. The article says that Batman vs. Superman also made a profit, albeit a small one of just $105.7 million.

Hopefully, it turns out for the best like Rogue One and not for the worst like Fant4stic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 810
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue May 16, 2017 11:30 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like Justice League is still undergoing even more reshoots. The article says that Batman vs. Superman also made a profit, albeit a small one of just $105.7 million.

Hopefully, it turns out for the best like Rogue One and not for the worst like Fant4stic.

I think we're all crossing our fingers at this point. And taking that profit margin of Batman v Superman, yeah it is clear that they were expecting at least $1 billion if not more. I'm still thunderstruck how much studios spend these days for seemingly little profit and gain.

While Snyder suffers from a different set of problems (and indulgences) than Josh Trank, he doesn't have Trank's attitude problems which largely affected the shooting of Fant4stic and continued to plague everything to do with the film in the lead up to its release. Shortsightedness seems to be the defining failure of Snyder's two DC movies rather than broad incompetence, though it was a combination of both that undid Suicide Squad from conception to execution and deliverance at the cinema. But at least shortsightedness and incompetence can be trained out of you, the hard way if necessary.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue May 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Matthew Vaughn, Robert Zemeckis, and Sam Raimi are the top runners to direct The Flash.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed May 17, 2017 7:42 pm

And yet another setback for The Flash.

This time, the man who play's Flash's dad, Billy Crudup is only going to be in Justice League.

Update: Billy Crudup is still going to be in the DCMU after Justice League, but Sam Rami has passed on making the movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri May 19, 2017 5:59 pm

We already knew it, but now it's confirmed.

Dr. Manhattan was the one who killed Reverse Flash and was responsible for trying to make Batman retire.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat May 20, 2017 2:14 pm

The Cyborg movie is still set to be released sometime in 2020.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 810
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat May 20, 2017 4:26 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Cyborg movie is still set to be released sometime in 2020.

Maybe its just me, but I thought the plan for the Cyborg movie was to use it as a vehicle to introduce the Teen Titans, and have it be an unofficial Titans movie. But maybe that's no longer on the table.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat May 20, 2017 10:48 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Cyborg movie is still set to be released sometime in 2020.

Maybe its just me, but I thought the plan for the Cyborg movie was to use it as a vehicle to introduce the Teen Titans, and have it be an unofficial Titans movie. But maybe that's no longer on the table.

I just think that they hoping for the same kind of luck that many at Marvel Studios had with Guardian Of The Galaxy. Via having a little known character (in GOTG's case, multiple ones) become famous due to a highly successful movie that nobody saw coming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 387
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun May 21, 2017 12:51 pm

to be fair, Cyborg has a bit of star power of his own thanks to the Teen Titans series that most potential viewers of this movie would've seen when they were younger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun May 21, 2017 7:08 pm

It looks like Aquaman is in full production now.

If that one Reddit leak about it having a price tag of $200 million is true, then I don't see how this can work, given how he only has 1/3-1/4 the popularity of Batman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon May 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Zack Snyder has stepped down from Justice League due to family issues since his 20 year old daughter, Autumn committed suicide in March. Joss Whedon has taken his place.

I had a old friend how killed himself and another who tried. It's not fun for anybody involved.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 810
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon May 22, 2017 5:52 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Zack Snyder has stepped down from Justice League due to family issues since his 20 year old daughter, Autumn committed suicide in March. Joss Whedon has taken his place.

I had a old friend how killed himself and another who tried. It's not fun for anybody involved.

My sincerest condolences to the Snyder family. This is a tragedy that I can understand Zack stepping down for. Crying or Very sad

I mean, damn. Talk about a movie production that just can't catch a bloody break. I did wonder why Whedon and not Affleck, but my guess is after his stepping down from the Batman directing gig he's trying to distance himself from the production aspects of the DCEU if not the entire role. Had there been less tension between Ben and WB, maybe this would have been the case. But for Justice League it's going to be nerve-wracking just figuring out just what kind of movie its going to be, not necessarily its quality but just what kind of film it will be now that Snyder and Whedon technically both directed the film. (If nothing else, at least Marvel Studios and DC Films have a much better relationship than Marvel fanboys have with DC fanboys.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon May 22, 2017 6:04 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Zack Snyder has stepped down from Justice League due to family issues since his 20 year old daughter, Autumn committed suicide in March. Joss Whedon has taken his place.

I had a old friend how killed himself and another who tried. It's not fun for anybody involved.

My sincerest condolences to the Snyder family. This is a tragedy that I can understand Zack stepping down for. Crying or Very sad

I mean, damn. Talk about a movie production that just can't catch a bloody break. I did wonder why Whedon and not Affleck, but my guess is after his stepping down from the Batman directing gig he's trying to distance himself from the production aspects of the DCEU if not the entire role. Had there been less tension between Ben and WB, maybe this would have been the case. But for Justice League it's going to be nerve-wracking just figuring out just what kind of movie its going to be, not necessarily its quality but just what kind of film it will be now that Snyder and Whedon technically both directed the film. (If nothing else, at least Marvel Studios and DC Films have a much better relationship than Marvel fanboys have with DC fanboys.)

Considering how Affleck was promoted to Executive Producer of Justice League, not to mention the fact that he's the hands-on kind that's basically a super-director, to Justice League after BvS got ripped apart, he always kind of was directing this movie. So in the end, this is Affleck's movie, not Snyder's and not Whedon's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2499
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue May 23, 2017 4:55 pm

Here's the new IMAX poster for Wonder Woman.



Robin Wright really looks badass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 810
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue May 23, 2017 5:55 pm

I can't believe I'm saying it, but I am allowing myself to get HYPED for this film! I'm sure I'll have my critiques on it in due time but for now I am gladly awaiting it. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The DC Comics Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Flat/Satin Black Thread
» Comics fair use policy?
» Sales figures for UK comics
» Campfire Comics
» A Miyu Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Boards :: The Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: