Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 17, 2017 11:06 pm

Kevin Tsujihara, the CEO of WB, ordered that JL had to be roughly 2 hours or so.

Did they not learn anything from cutting BvS short and how the shortened cut that came out in theaters was worse then the extended cut?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 5:58 pm

Deadline says that Justice League needs to make $700-$750 million to make a profit.

Quote wrote:
I hear from credible financial sources who have sharp knowledge of Justice League‘s budget that if the film clears $700M-$750M global, after ancillaries, it will turn a profit, but not much.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 7:49 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Kevin Tsujihara, the CEO of WB, ordered that JL had to be roughly 2 hours or so.

Did they not learn anything from cutting BvS short and how the shortened cut that came out in theaters was worse then the extended cut?

Maybe they are strongly banking on extended cut sales?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 18, 2017 8:01 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Maybe they are strongly banking on extended cut sales?

But that makes no sense. Even more so considering how the condensed cut of BvS was savaged by critics, fans, and the GA. Good movies are rarely cut, and when they are, very little is cut. And if anything else, from what I've been hearing from most is that this needed to be longer. More so with BvS getting so badly killed.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 4:09 am

I have no idea what those RT critics are on about. Steppenwolf isn't a captivating villain, but the amazing heroes was more than enough to negate that flaw. 7.5/10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 11:29 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Deadline says that Justice League needs to make $700-$750 million to make a profit.

Quote wrote:
I hear from credible financial sources who have sharp knowledge of Justice League‘s budget that if the film clears $700M-$750M global, after ancillaries, it will turn a profit, but not much.

If that’s true not looking good. 96 million.
Quote :
The fifth movie in Warner Bros./Time Warner Inc.’s DC Films franchise, the big event superhero team-up movie, has now scored the lowest opening weekend of them all. Justice League just opened with $70 million less than Batman v Superman, $37m less than Suicide Squad, $32m less than Man of Steel and $7m less than Wonder Woman.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/11/19/justice-league-box-office-why-a-96m-debut-is-a-disaster/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 12:35 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
I have no idea what those RT critics are on about. Steppenwolf isn't a captivating villain, but the amazing heroes was more than enough to negate that flaw. 7.5/10

Here's the problem. It needed to be better then just 'good'. It needed to be a 10, or at least an 8-9. This movie was supposed to be WB's 'Avengers'. This movie is supposed to be breaking records by now. It's not.

In any case, it looks like deleted scenes and scenes that were supposed to be longer have already been leaked online.

https://superherotalksite.wordpress.com/2017/11/19/read-zack-snyders-version-and-all-deleted-scenes-of-justice-league/

https://superbromovies.com/2017/11/19/deleted-scenes-for-justice-league-have-leaked/

If even half of these scenes really were shot/made shorted, then WB REALLY screwed up...again.

UPDATE: It looks like this 4Chan leak proves the 2 other sites are right.

I think this user might be a disgruntled WB employee like Stantz1984, the Sony employee who leaked GB2016 on Reddit, was.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 5:34 pm

Also most of the cringe lines in the movie /scenes were done by Joss whedon. 

Joss  Whedon added: Aquaman telling WW she was hot because of the lasso, had Flash face plant on WW chest, & added a weird scene with way more sexual tension than it needed between Batman & WW. Also that who scene with Martha & Lois with the lady talking about probing aliens and Martha saying Clark had said Lois was "the thirstiest girl he'd ever met"

The man is seriously messed up in the head and needs to be kept away from Batgirl.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 6:05 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Joss  Whedon added: Aquaman telling WW she was hot because of the lasso, had Flash face plant on WW chest, & added a weird scene with way more sexual tension than it needed between Batman & WW. Also that who scene with Martha & Lois with the lady talking about probing aliens and Martha saying Clark had said Lois was "the thirstiest girl he'd ever met"

The man is seriously messed up in the head and needs to be kept away from Batgirl.

He also wrote that one Wonder Woman script which was very sexist. Thankfully, it was thrown out. Not only that, but considering his recent scandal that happened early in the year, not to mention how WB might throw him under the bus, and he might not be back for a long time. So we won't have to worry about Whedon messing up a DCEU movie.

By the way, did you see Justice League yet? If so, what do you think of the deleted/shortened scenes?

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 6:26 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

He also wrote that one Wonder Woman script which was very sexist. Thankfully, it was thrown out. Not only that, but considering his recent scandal that happened early in the year, not to mention how WB might throw him under the bus, and he might not be back for a long time. So we won't have to worry about Whedon messing up a DCEU movie.

By the way, did you see Justice League yet? If so, what do you think of the deleted/shortened scenes?

I just came back, I was disappointed that WB didnt trust Snyder. Its bad enough that his daughter died, but to see the studio completely fuck up his vision, shorten the movie, and write cringe dialogue...heartbreaking. 

My theory is that Snyder saw the reshoots and the exec meddling in, and he put the homeless guy in the front of the movie, the one with the sign saying 'I tried' to try to signal to the viewers that it wasnt his fault

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 19, 2017 7:04 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

I just came back, I was disappointed that WB didnt trust Snyder. Its bad enough that his daughter died, but to see the studio completely fuck up his vision, shorten the movie, and write cringe dialogue...heartbreaking. 

My theory is that Snyder saw the reshoots and the exec meddling in, and he put the homeless guy in the front of the movie, the one with the sign saying 'I tried' to try to signal to the viewers that it wasnt his fault

To be fair, much of it was his fault via making MoS so divisive and with a lot of people outright hating BvS. With that being said, the fact that this could have been his comeback movie makes all this news via deleted scenes even worse.

With that being said, considering how Ben Affleck was promoted to Executive Producer of this movie, and how he's the hands-on super-director kind of EP, and how Snyder had to answer to him, I can't help but wonder how much of the movie was really Snyder's to begin with and how much of it was Affleck's.

As I said before, this was a serviceable 2 base hit, but it needed to be a home run like Wonder Woman was.

In any case, with Affleck gone from the DCEU, Snyder most likely going after this as well, and Whedon not coming back after the recent scandal, this movie is going to damage all 3 of those people. Even Kevin Tsujihara, the CEO of WB, may not last.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 20, 2017 5:58 pm

While Justice League took the number 1 spot at the box office this weekend, it's not all good news. In fact...most of it is bad.

It had the worst opening weekend of any DCEU movie.

It may have made $94 million domestically instead of $96 million, which still would have been disappointing.

Ray Fisher (Cyborg) was mad at Joss Whedon and WB for cutting out much of his scenes and wore that one pro-Zach Snyder movie as a form of silent protest. This fits with the news about those deleted/extended scenes being removed form JL being leaked online. So I'm going to believe this.

And here's the icing on the cake. It could cost WB between $50-$75 million dollars.

Quote wrote:
All of this is before we count the studio's overhead costs, which if amortized against the picture would probably widen the Justice League loss by another $40 million. But for the sake of argument let's say that the incremental merchandise revenue I've temporarily set aside makes up half of that overhead cost, so the film's final loss works out to $75 million.

Finally, going back to that $150 million marketing expenditure, I know that the number is actually higher, but that Warner Bros’ marketing partners footed a big chunk of the bill. I’ll give the studio the benefit of the doubt and assume that its hard cash cost of marketing was $125 million. That brings the loss of the picture to $50 million.

*Rob Walker Chart Guy voice* As you can see, the chart says...

The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Est-profit-and-loss-superhero

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Justice League might cost WB as much as $100 million.

I knew that JL had an uphill battle, but I never thought that things would look this bad for the DCEU.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 22, 2017 7:02 pm

There was a rumor that Joss Whedon wasn't going to work on Batgirl, but that has been debunked.

A bit surprising considering the outrage over his rejected Wonder Woman script, his recent scandal, and him liking that anti-Steppenwolf tweet.

And Justice League didn't even make $94 million for it's box office debut, but $93.8 million.

It looks like a pure Zach Snyder cut of JL with mostly complete VFX and score exists.

It makes you wonder if this cut will make it out on a special edition release of JL via DVD.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 12:40 pm

It looks like Peter Jackson might direct Justice League Dark.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like Peter Jackson might direct Justice League Dark.

What??

That was my reaction when first finding out about this. Last I checked, Doug Liman was lined up to direct a Justice League Dark movie, and then Andy Muschietti. At first, I thought it made no sense considering that Jackson doesn't really have any interest in either Marvel or DC, and why give a project of this kind to someone who wasn't a fan of the source material? But the article makes some pretty good points, bringing his horror movie years into account.

I remember reading an earlier rumour after the fall-out of BvS, Warner Bros were seriously considering hiring Peter Jackson to direct the whole of Justice League in Zack Snyder's place. Considering that six of his films are epic ensemble pieces in a fantastical setting dealing with multiple larger-than-life races and demonic evil forces, I wonder if it might have been better for it.

Ironically, I have a friend who is a huge fan of Constantine, and isn't too much of a fan of Peter Jackson post-LOTR. I can just imagine him not taking this news as well as other DC fans. Razz

The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Fans are petitioning for the Zack Snyder cut of Justice League.

It has all come full circle.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 7:24 pm

Justice League was knocked out of it's top spot by Disney/Pixar's Coco on the 5 day holiday weekend.

And so far, it's made just under $483 million.

This was supposed to be the DCEU version of 'The Avengers' so for this movie to make such a relatively modest profit so for is sad.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 3:45 am

Yeah.

If they had no Batman v Superman, no Suicide Squad (just call it Batman: Arkham City) and put Flash, Aquaman, and possibly Cyborg solo movies as well as a Superman sequel BEFORE their grand team up movie, I think its a safe bet that Justice League would have had a much greater box office taking. They got Wonder Woman right, at least. Small favors all things considered, but better than nothing.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2017 10:51 pm

It looks like WB head honchos could have delayed Justice League, but refused to do so.

WB also wanted to fire Zack Snyder after BvS didn't perform as well as they hoped, but they couldn't because of how the pigeonholed themselves schedule wise.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 11:45 am

Fans want Michael Keaton to return as Batman
http://moviehole.net/2017126846holy-batfleck-rumor-roundup-batman

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 12:41 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

*Facepalms*

Not gonna happen.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 4:32 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

*Facepalms*

Not gonna happen.

Not only that, but there's a chance that he could be back in the second MCU Spider-Man movie as The Vulture so that's off the table.

And Justice League was FAR more micromanaged by WB then we ever thought.

Even if this makes a profit, the damage done to the brand as a cinematic universe will take a years to repair. Oh, sure. Standalone (mostly) movies will be good but it's not going to be a true cinematic universe for some time.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 5:40 pm

Get ready for a Harley Quinn spinoff movie.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 11:32 am

Christopher Nolan says that the reason why the Dark Knight trilogy turned out so good was because he had more time to work on it then most superhero movies nowadays.

Quote wrote:
“That’s a privilege and a luxury that filmmakers aren’t afforded anymore. I think it was the last time that anyone was able to say to a studio, ‘I might do another one, but it will be four years’. There’s too much pressure on release schedules to let people do that now but creatively it’s a huge advantage. We had the privilege and advantage to develop as people and as storytellers and then bring the family back together,” he said.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 11:26 pm

It's almost 4 weeks and according to Box Office Mojo, Justice League has only made slightly over $572 million dollars.

That's just embarrassing. As a comparison, Jurassic World had an worldwide 3-day opening gross of $524.1 million. In other words, Jurassic World made most of JL's budget in 3 days.

Let that sink in.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 06, 2017 11:29 pm

It was a 5-day opening, to be more precise.
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 12:08 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Christopher Nolan says that the reason why the Dark Knight trilogy turned out so good was because he had more time to work on it then most superhero movies nowadays.

Quote wrote:
“That’s a privilege and a luxury that filmmakers aren’t afforded anymore. I think it was the last time that anyone was able to say to a studio, ‘I might do another one, but it will be four years’. There’s too much pressure on release schedules to let people do that now but creatively it’s a huge advantage. We had the privilege and advantage to develop as people and as storytellers and then bring the family back together,” he said.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 46869508

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 5:32 pm

DC Films will have a shake-up in January next year as a result of the poor performance of Justice League.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 12:51 pm

Justice League has surpassed the $600 million dollar mark overall.

It really should have made at least $800 million by now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 17 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22  Next