Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Marvel Comics Thread

Go down 
+15
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Bbrink1996
Troyal1
Island Queen
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
T-rex-king
Oshronosaurus
Katana
Sickle_Claw
Darth Spidey
TRK/TrexKing
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

The Marvel Comics Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 4:35 pm

Discuss all things Marvel!

James Gunn says "No Thor" in GOTG Vol. 2

Avengers: Infinity War retitled?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2016 2:29 pm

Josh Brolin ‘Blown Away’ by the Avengers: Infinity War Story

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 5:23 am

Really keen for Spiderman Homecoming. Looks really promising.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 10:59 am

Kenneth Choi Joins Spider-Man: Homecoming

Quote :

Kenneth Choi is set to play the principal of Spider-Man: Homecoming. Deadline reports that the actor, who also played Jim Morita in Captain America: The First Avengers and Agents of SHIELD, will has joined the cast of the upcoming Sony/Marvel film.

The movie also stars Tom Holland, Marisa Tomei, Robert Downey Jr., Michael Keaton, Zendaya, Michael Barbieri, Laura Harrier and Tony Revolori. It being directed by Jon Watts and is set to release on July 7th, 2017.

Back to top Go down
Darth Spidey
Hatchling
Hatchling
Darth Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 7:07 pm

So hyped for Spider-Man: Homecoming

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 7:09 am

Is a New Fantastic Four on the Horizon?

Quote :

Doctor Doom speaks! In an interview with The Daily Beast, Toby Kebbell, who portrayed the villain, talked about the original cut of the 2015 version of Fantastic Four. He says it was way better than the movie that was eventually released.

Kebbell’s said, “I tell you, the honest truth is [JoshTrank] did cut a great film that you’ll never see. That is a shame. A much darker version, and you’ll never see it. There are always frustrations with thesI tent poles. But it generally comes from the script changing, sadly enough. But I’m very proud of my work. I’m also just as heartbroken as the fans are.”

I’m not sure if the tone needed to be darker.

He went on to speak about playing Doom, “I spent so long figuring out an accent that was from the mid-Eastern block, generic enough to be a guy who then lived in America. I figured that out. Unfortunately, I played Doom in three points: Walking down a corridor, killing the doctor and getting into the time machine, and lying on the bench. They were the only times I played Doom. Everything else was some other guy, on some other day… doing some other thing. I was infuriated that he was allowed to limp like that!”

Perhaps you need a refresher. The Fantastic Four reboot bombed commercially and received negative reviews from theatergoers. A sequel was set for a July 2017 release but was taken off the calendar. No one made much of a fuss and there were hopes Marvel would get back control of the franchise and put it on stable ground.

Recently producer Simon Kinberg has been talking about the franchise and said, “It’s a big part of [Fox’s superhero] plan going forward.… I would love to continue making movies with that cast.” Kinberg addressed Fantastic Four’s tone and admitted it was darker than it needed to be. “We want to make another Fantastic Four movie,” Kinberg told Den of Geek. “We’ll try to be truer to the essence of the tone of Fantastic Four [the comic]…which is a brighter, funnier, more optimistic tone. I think we tried to make a darker Fantastic Four movie, which seemed like a radical idea, but we were kind of messing with the DNA of the actual comic instead of trusting the DNA of the comic.”

His thoughts on the movie? “We didn’t make a good movie,” he said, “and the world voted, and I think they probably voted correctly. And you can’t make a good movie every time out — not everybody does. We actually have a pretty good batting average, all things considered. But I think we made many mistakes when we made that movie — mistakes that we learned from and we wouldn’t repeat.”

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 9:50 pm

Could Ghost Rider Be Headed to Agents of SHIELD Season Four?

Quote :

ABC and Marvel Entertainment have released an interesting tease of what’s to come when Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD returns this fall. As you can see in the above image (check out a larger version in the gallery below), a San Diego trolley has been decked out with one Hell of a teaser image. Could Ghost Rider be making an upcoming appearance?

“Get fired up!” reads the text accompanying the image of the train, “Marvel’s ‎Agents of SHIELD‬ knows how to get to you ‪SDCC‬ in style.”

Of course, a flaming chain doesn’t necessarily mean Ghost Rider as a Hellfire chain was the weapon of choice for the Secret Warriors‘ character J.T. James, aka Hellfire. James made his television debut, played by Axle Whitehead, on the series last year. With the Ghost Rider rights back at Marvel, it’s possible that we could see the motorcycle riding antihero rear his flaming head, however, as Ghost Rider and Hellfire share a bit of a history.

Before Marvel Comics even existed, the western hero known as Ghost Rider made his debut in 1949’s “Tim Holt #11”. By 1967, the Ghost Rider copyright had lapsed and Marvel Comics began publishing their own version of the cowboy hero. Battled evil on horseback, Carter Slade dressed in a phosphorescent white outfit to take on evildoers. Five years later, Marvel Comics introduced the Johnny Blaze version of Ghost Rider, a contemporary supernatural antihero who, after making a deal with the devil, battles evil atop a motorcyle. With the success of the Blaze Ghost Rider, Slade became retroactively known as the Phantom Rider.

In the comics, J.T. James is the grandson of Phantom Rider Carter Slade and, from him, inherited the Hellfire chain.Although no such history has, as of yet, been made a part of Whitehead’s take on James, it’s looking pretty likely that we’re going to learn a whole lot more about James’ history in season four.

The Slade character made an appearance in 2007’s Ghost Rider film, played by Sam Elliot.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 11:54 pm

That character teased on the comic con tram is Hellfire. An inhuman with fire powers who was under Hives control during season 3. He used a chain which he used like a flaming whip.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 6:42 am

Elizabeth Banks says that she was thought to be 'too old' to be Mary Jane in the 2002 Spider Man movie.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 7:17 am

I wouldn't of wanted her to be in that anyway

Back to top Go down
Darth Spidey
Hatchling
Hatchling
Darth Spidey

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:31 pm

The Marvel Comics Thread 2d050210

Shocked You've been through hell, sir.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 8:46 pm

I have, I don't know what it is but Spider-Man is terrible in film. If I wanted a love story I'd watch Twilight.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 12:19 pm

This is a very interesting article.

The Disney/Marvel feud is being fueled by a man named Alan Horn who did the same thing with Warner Bros. and DC.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 9:10 pm

Peyton Reed on Teaming Up Ant-Man and the Wasp

Thor: Ragnarok and Deadpool 2 Filming Updates

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 2:32 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
I wouldn't of wanted her to be in that anyway

Hate to break it to you but Banks was in all three original Spider-Man...as Betty Brant. Also Spider-Man is underrated. Second best Spider-Man out of the 5.

Also Batman should not be in Homecoming! Cmon Keaton!

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:09 pm

20th Century Fox Reportedly Considering Some Sort Of Team-Up With Marvel Studios

Quote :

Deadpool was an unexpected hit, but Fantastic Four was a huge flop and X-Men: Apocalypse proved to be a critical and commercial disappointment. It makes sense then that 20th Century Fox is at least considering teaming up with Marvel Studios, especially after they essentially saved Spider-Man for Sony Pictures by giving the wall-crawler a critically acclaimed role in Captain America: Civil War.

Talking on the latest episode of Collider Heroes, Matt Key, a producer on Kevin Smith's Fatman on Batman podcast, had this to say about some interesting rumblings he's been hearing. "I've heard from a few of my sources, my little birds that Fox and Marvel have... kind of talked, but not really, but like there's interest from Fox, like, 'Ooh, y'know, what they did with Sony and Spider-Man is actually pretty cool, like, maybe...' We're years away from that ever possibly happening... but I think that's what it would take... Fox joining hands with Marvel..." Well, that's pretty vague all in all, eh?

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 12:12 pm

I am honestly not surprised. If they did do anything I would say they would probably try to make some sort of deal centering around Fantastic Four. They want F4 to do well but clearly don't want to give up the rights....so I mean the obvious way to do this would be Reed Richards dimensional experiments.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 3:29 pm

I'm sort of hoping they're only talking F4 right now. Don't get me wrong X-Men has had some major ups and downs, but I think starting all that over right now wouldn't set well with me, and I'll hold my opinions until Deadpool 2 is out, but the first is probably my favorite film this year so far.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 3:37 pm

Yeah same, I think Deadpool is doing well enough so far that they don't think they need Marvel's hep for that one as well.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 3:08 pm

Riri Williams Taking Over For Tony Stark In Invincible Iron Man Comic

Quote :

Another major shakeup is headed toward Marvel Comics this fall, when 15-year-old Riri Williams assumes the mantle of Iron Man. Acclaimed writer Brian Michael Bendis created and will continue to write the character.

Riri Willams was recently introduced to the Invincible Iron Man series. This genius student attending M.I.T. on scholarship created her own suit of Iron Man armor. Though it is confirmed that she is taking Tony Stark's role as Iron Man, Bendis assures fans that they don't know the ending of Civil War II based on that information.

"More people are going to be upset that they think they know the ending to Civil War II now than anything we just talked about," Bendis said in an interview with Time. "But I can tell you just because we’re hearing what we’re saying doesn’t know you mean how Civil War II ends. We’re not telling you the end, at all."

Civil War II began recently, and will conclude this fall. Riri Williams joins Marvel's increasingly diverse cast of Avengers along with Kamala Khan and Miles Morales.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 1:20 am

The new Iron Man is a big publicity stunt.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 6:06 pm

Marvel comics social justice/PC crap is being rejected by the comic readers in a MASSIVE way.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Katana
Hatchling
Hatchling
Katana

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 6:30 pm

I am all for adding characters of diversity to various franchises; it makes those world more realistic and, well, colorful places. What I can't stand is when they alter existing characters to be something for the sake of saying "We are diverse, see!!!!", and Marvel has been annoyingly persistent in doing this.

You know why no one (besides A-holes) complained about Rey and Finn in Star Wars? Because they were new characters, with their own personalities. I know this isn't the best example because you cant really alter the original characters like how Marvel is doing it, but my point is Lucasfilm wasn't annoyingly obvious with the fact that they were increasing their diversity like Marvel's desperate attempt to shove PC culture down people's throat.

Formally: Sinncrow
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 12:58 pm

Katana wrote:
I am all for adding characters of diversity to various franchises; it makes those world more realistic and, well, colorful places. What I can't stand is when they alter existing characters to be something for the sake of saying "We are diverse, see!!!!", and Marvel has been annoyingly persistent in doing this.

You know why no one (besides A-holes) complained about Rey and Finn in Star Wars? Because they were new characters, with their own personalities. I know this isn't the best example because you cant really alter the original characters like how Marvel is doing it, but my point is Lucasfilm wasn't annoyingly obvious with the fact that they were increasing their diversity like Marvel's desperate attempt to shove PC culture down people's throat.

^ALL OF THIS!

Nobody is against diversity. But what they ARE against is when they are shoved down their throats and done so for the sake of diversity. People can accept diversity if you make them new characters. You could, sometimes, expand older characters that are malleable enough to be molded to be different yet keep the same things that made them famous and not to make them radically different.

This isn't like in the 1950's, 1960's, and the early 1970's.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 1:29 pm

Also Dr Doom is taking over as Iron Man as well and that story is equally ridiculous to my estimate. Stop having random people take over other characters mantles!

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 2:32 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Also Dr Doom is taking over as Iron Man as well and that story is equally ridiculous to my estimate. Stop having random people take over other characters mantles!

I can't help but wonder if Marvel has either given up on it's comics or if they have been so spoiled by their movies division that they think that they can get away with doing this as long as the movies are being made.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 12:17 am

I'm sure the outrage would be even bigger if it started affecting the movies.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 2:00 am

Im alread y seeing blogs speculating on who could play that girl who is replacing Iron Man...so yeah.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 10:14 am

Let them speculate. I honestly doubt they'd tell RDJ to step aside so some unknown girl can be thrown into a role they're not ready for. Disneys not dumb.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2016 10:23 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Let them speculate. I honestly doubt they'd tell RDJ to step aside so some unknown girl can be thrown into a role they're not ready for. Disneys not dumb.

The only way that can happen is if it's at the end of the MCU where it's his secret/long lost biological daughter (via his playboy days before he became Iron Man) and he passes the mantle down because of his declining mental health.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marvel Comics Thread
Page 1 of 21Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next