Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Marvel Comics Thread

Go down 
+15
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Bbrink1996
Troyal1
Island Queen
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
T-rex-king
Oshronosaurus
Katana
Sickle_Claw
Darth Spidey
TRK/TrexKing
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 12:21 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Man, Sony really was in a desperate clusterf**k for Spider-Man story ideas, clearly they made the smartest decision in asking for Marvel's help in rebooting Spidey. Some of these ideas sound so childish it's amazing they even got worked into actual scripts! I remember hearing from Collider Movie Talk that one idea involved Norman Osborne not being dead but his head being put in a jar on a robotic spider contraption like Mr Freeze from Batman:TAS.

Also, now that Ike Perlmutter can't meddle in Marvel Studio's creative affairs (I mean, my God! Toy sales? You aren't a late 90s WB executive, Perlmutter, get a grip!) we should hope to see more female superheroes and villains in their films.

I personally hope that it's not to late to have a Black Widow movie or to have a female villain in the MCU be the main villain. Granted, time is not on the side of either options but if they can manage to wrangle enough of the Spider Man rights from Sony to have him be in the MCU, then having a Black Widow movie and a lead female villain is still possible. Say what you want about Warner Bros. and the DCCU, but at least the fact that a Wonder Woman movie is coming out before a Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel movie shows that WB never had the glass ceiling that Marvel Studios did under Perlmutter.

Speaking of Perlmutter, here's about the shake-up between him and Kevin Feige.

Actually, Thor: Ragnorak will supposedly have Hela as the main villain, although I would not be surprised if enough fake outs occur that Thor ends up fighting Loki again.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 12:31 pm

Welcome back Sickle! Smile In any case, it's great the Hela is going to be the main villain. I just hope that she doesn't get exposed as a pawn of Thanos like Loki was since I've heard a lot of rumors that Thanos was also supposed to be the main villain or be a main player in some form.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 4:03 pm

Spider-Gwen Set to Debut on Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man! 9

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 7:14 am

Sam Neill teases Thor: Ragnarok involvement.

If this is true, in addition to Jeff Goldblum being in the movie, then consider me HYPED!! Alan Grant Ian Malcolm together again at last!!! Very Happy

Universal, stop what you're doing. Cast them in the next two Jurassic movies. Now. As in, Right-now-NOW!

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 1:27 pm

Not only that, but Loki has a new costume and that of Death is also revealed.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 2:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 6:58 pm

Chris Pratt picked Kurt Russell to play his dad in GOTG Volume 2.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 13, 2016 12:05 pm

Mister Sinister Confirmed to Appear in Wolverine 3
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/765861-mister-sinister-confirmed-to-appear-in-wolverine-3#EzptEfGkJaqPSfRH.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 6:13 pm

Rebecca Hall says she was originally supposed to be one of the main villains in Iron Man 3, but it was changed because the higher ups-most likely just Ike Perlmutter, thought that a female villain wouldn't sell as much toys as that like a male villain would.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 3:04 pm

I doubt a female villain could of saved the abomination that was Iron Man 3.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 1:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 7:48 pm

Mister Sinister is a Summers family villain....sigh....but at least he is finally in a movie.

Also after viewing civil war a few more times, the Winter Soldier is still the best MCU movie.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 12:26 pm

Marvel Has Already Filmed the Next Four Stan Lee Cameos
Read more at http://www.superherohype.com/news/382711-marvel-has-already-filmed-the-next-four-stan-lee-cameos#C0blTZwhPUyMzoiW.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 12:24 pm

I've been wondering something. How in the world can Marvel Comics embrace a PC/social justice/liberal slant when the head of the comics division, Ike Perlmutter, is the direct opposite? He's not only a mysogyist, but he's also been accuesed of rasicm via thinking that nobody could tell the difference between Terrance Howard and Don Cheadle. (Personally, I think that was just plain lazyness then racism, but that's just me.) That and given how he's a Trump supporter, I can't get how Marvel can have such a slant. It just seems impossible that this happen unless Perlmutter had been fired sometime ago.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 2:13 am

He doesn't have complete final say over the comics. He is not the editor-in-chief nor a Disney bigwig. And moreover as long as comics make money he likely nor the true power brokers at Marvel comics (the entire Board proper) will not care what goes inside them. The CEO reports board of directors and is controlled by their will. If he were to go rogue he could be ousted, ala John Hammond or in Disney terms Michael Eisner, and lose everything for all intents and purposes.

So while he has made some really dumb mistakes they have been personal and don't reflect the board or marvel studios or they felt they weren't backbreaking to the bottom line. Attempting to control the comic product can be.

In short, he doesn't control content at marvel comics like an editor would. If he tried he'd risk his position of power. And thus the editors can espouse a liberal agenda. Comics like film have always been pretty left wing. A bit ingrained, not going to change now, no matter who is in charge.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 6:36 pm

Scott B wrote:
He doesn't have complete final say over the comics. He is not the editor-in-chief nor a Disney bigwig. And moreover as long as comics make money he likely nor the true power brokers at Marvel comics (the entire Board proper) will not care what goes inside them. The CEO reports board of directors and is controlled by their will. If he were to go rogue he could be ousted, ala John Hammond or in Disney terms Michael Eisner, and lose everything for all intents and purposes.

So while he has made some really dumb mistakes they have been personal and don't reflect the board or marvel studios or they felt they weren't backbreaking to the bottom line. Attempting to control the comic product can be.

In short, he doesn't control content at marvel comics like an editor would. If he tried he'd risk his position of power. And thus the editors can espouse a liberal agenda. Comics like film have always been pretty left wing. A bit ingrained, not going to change now, no matter who is in charge.

But if he's not as all powerful like people make him out to be, how did he get the power to shut down Sony's idea for a mixed gender Sinister 6 movie even though Sony had the rights-most of them anyway-to Spider Man? (See the Midnight's Edge video I posted earlier if you don't know what I'm talking about.)
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 9:16 pm

He didn't get the power to do that. That came from the failure of Spider-man, Sony's hack and Marvel having certain rights following the negotiations. Sony had basically no leverage to fall on. They were at Marvel's mercy. If marvel said to shove it then Sony had to take it or walk away and rebuild their foundering franchise/movie studio. But the key point is that Marvel as a company wielded this power. Ike didn't just show up at Marvel/Disney and Sony meetings and go "I use my power to veto this ludicrous Sinister Six idea!"

Basically nothing from Sony's side was making it to Marvel alive and that includes all their ideas. Also Feige apparently had Alan Horn's ear enough to convince the restructure and he is in charge of the MCU so it may have been his idea in reality to kill it. Feige is the comic fan after all.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 6:09 pm

Kevin Feige says that the Captain Marvel movie will be an origin movie.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 6:39 pm

good to see there's a thread for this, too Smile i've been getting a bit caught up on the MCU thanks to HBO and my new DVR--saw Winter Solder and Ant-Man for the first time recently. i can safely say that that asshole villain from Ant-Man is easily the most hateable in the entire MCU in my opinion--yes, even more hateable than the Nazi maniacs Cap fights

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 22, 2016 2:53 pm

Tim Miller exits Deadpool 2 over creative differences.

Uh-oh.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 3:04 pm

Scarlett Johansson is still pushing for a stand alone Black Widow movie, which is still not dead yet.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 3:11 pm

You know, I actually think we might get an official Black Widow announcement sooner rather than later. If it's announced before Wonder Woman comes out, I won't be surprised; but if it's timed to coalesce with the film and it manages to be a bona fide success then Marvel will certainly feel all the more confident for doing so.

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 3:32 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
You know, I actually think we might get an official Black Widow announcement sooner rather than later. If it's announced before Wonder Woman comes out, I won't be surprised; but if it's timed to coalesce with the film and it manages to be a bona fide success then Marvel will certainly feel all the more confident for doing so.

I just hope that if it is made that it doesn't feel rushed. The best time to make one would have been between the first 2 Avengers movies or not long after Civil War. Now with big bad Thanos coming, it's hard to see a scenario where one does get made. TBH, part of me thinks that it's just simply too late at this point.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 4:06 pm

It will be announced pending how Wonder Woman goes IMO.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 12:36 pm

So far, Doctor Strange has made over $164 million dollars.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 6:15 pm

Black Widow doesn't have a good opportunity to do it now. Unless they sort of make her the villain. Her origin was explained briefly and touched on. And unless they get Hawkeye in on it as an equal star they can't use the Budapest incident or their other misadventures. Maybe they can show the hijinks involved between her and winter soldier that was mentioned in Winter Soldier and Civil War but is it a Black Widow movie then? Have to agree it is too late, especially for a movie where we probably have to root against her and the Soviets or Russians.

Osh, favorite MCU related thing then? Like favorite movie or show so far?
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2016 6:23 pm

I was supposed to see Dr Strange today but it got delayed for another week.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 12:51 am

Scott B wrote:
Osh, favorite MCU related thing then? Like favorite movie or show so far?
it's hard to pick because, except for that one moment, i like pretty much everything in the entire series so far, including just about all the villains (though i'm neutral towards most/all of the Hydra characters, though i haven't seen the ones where they feature as much as the others so they don't have as many memorable moments in my mind, whereas, for example, Star Lord distracting Ronan is probably something i'll always remember because of how random it is). one of my favorites, though, is the climax of Iron Man 2--it feels like something out of a samurai film or a real-robot anime and i love it Very Happy the fight between the two sides in Civil War was also awesome.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2016 1:07 pm

Cmon Osh. I know you want to pick something. Like my avatar something. Wink lol Not biased at all.

Nah kidding. There are a lot of good things in MCU which is why it has helped up after 15 movies when people said it was done after 6 (Avengers). And its shows are acclaimed.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 2:40 pm

David Leitch will direct Deadpool 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marvel Comics Thread
Page 2 of 21Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next