Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 5:20 pm

I don't all the anger about female robots in a famous sci fi movie. After all, Beast Wars had Airazor and Blackarachnia and they were accepted perfectly fine.

The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Airazoraftermath

The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Blackarachnia

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 9:07 pm

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story made $1,049,686,380 overall.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-00h3WEmUO4

Josh Gad attempts to ask Daisy Ridley questions relating to Star Wars: The Last Jedi.

(With special appearences by Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, and Colin Trevorrow.)
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 3:45 pm

First image of Han Solo spin-off cast and crew.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 7:45 pm

Grand Admiral Thrawn was a big part in creating The First Order.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 10:38 pm

i knew it! not in exactly those words, but i knew it!

how much ya wanna bet that he either figures into either the Sequels or one of the spin-off movies?

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 11:02 pm

If Snoke is an alien that's the Supreme Leader of The First Order, then it's quite likely that we'll see Thrawn as the supreme admiral or something like that. Besides, the Rebel Alliance/Republic/Resistance has-or had-Ackbar, then it only makes sense that the Empire/First Order has Thrawn. Besides, given Palpatine's anti-alien bigotry, it's going to be very interesting to see how he became so powerful.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 7:17 am

Word going round is that the original unedited Star Wars trilogy will come out this year.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2017 8:21 am

I'd love to believe that, but after too many false starts and promises that went nowhere, I'm not exactly holding my breath. But rest assured, if this is the real deal I will be right there with all the fans with my money to own the blu-ray of the trilogy!

It's also worth noting that I still own the 2004 DVD release of the original trilogy and did not buy the blu-ray box set, so it's in serious need of an update. For me, I don't mind the extra scenes or CGI elements, I don't even get that irked by the Greedo shooting first thing, those were things I was used to from the 1997 releases that I grew up with. But the replacing of Sebastian Shaw with Hayden Christiensen was the one that did it in for me.

The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 4:55 pm

Captain Phasma will have a high-tech spear and a larger role in Star Wars 8: The Last Jedi.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 6:53 pm

Ingvild Deila talks about playing Princess Leia in Rogue One.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 12:04 am

Darth Vader original was supposed to kill Darth Maul in a lightsaber duel, but plans changed.

Talk about a missed opportunity... No

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 5:05 pm

Considering what happened on Rebels, that might've been preferable.
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 5:37 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Spoiler:

If they were going to let Kenobi be the one-this time for good-then they should had at least made it a good fight. Not letting Vader be the one was something that Star Wars fans will never let Disney let down for a long, long time.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 19, 2017 11:37 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Spoiler:

If they were going to let Kenobi be the one-this time for good-then they should had at least made it a good fight. Not letting Vader be the one was something that Star Wars fans will never let Disney let down for a long, long time.

I'm just mad the story went nowhere.
Spoiler:

I've really been holding out for Rebels to pick up the slack...but I just don't think I can defend it anymore. That doesn't mean there aren't episodes I like, but overall, there's so much filler and meaningless episodes. And I will admit, Clone Wars had several mediocre or bad episodes itself, but I can at least find a lot to like. Clone Wars also had the advantage of us knowing where it ends up, but us also knowing that both sides were being played so we weren't too worried about the overall story. With Rebels, while we know where it's going, we want the overall story to matter, and show us this time period we haven't seen much of. They just keep giving us like 7 episodes of major story out of 20.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 1:00 pm

Now see, here's my problem with the episode (and it's been a couple days so I feel safe posting this without spoilers)

-The duel was anticlimactic. I don't mind a short duel, but give us something that could be worthy of being called a duel.
-Ezras presence was essentially useless (as usual), the entire focus should have been on Maul and Kenobi, but instead this episode wastes precious time on Ezra fumbling around in an A-Wing. Somebody care to explain to my why the crew thought it would be a good idea for the series to be formatted this way, again?
-Ezra knows Kenobi is on Tatooine, how? And how does he know where it is? This is a huge plothole. Speaking of holes, when did the rebels speak with Bail Organa about Kenobi? I feel like we missed an entire episode somewhere. This further adds to my question of why the crew insist on dinky little 22 minute episodes. This story needed a heck of a lot more than 20 minutes to be told. Show, Filoni, don't tell.
-Why was Kenobi not surprised to see Ezra? Does he make a habit of finding trained Jedi apprentices out in the desert? Does he not wonder nor care that Jedi survived, and that they're leading rebellions against the Empire? Also, does he keep his ear to the ground out there in the middle of nowhere? He seemed unphased by all of it, even the part about a major declared Rebel Alliance.
-Would it have killed them to have actually given us a close up on young Luke? I wish Disney weren't such tightwads with the budget.
-I will say that the animation and voice work with Obi-Wan were extremely well done.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 1:29 pm

A friend of mine was surprised the other day when I was ranting about Rebels. I was ranting on the Maul episode, and he's only seen season 1, but he was extremely surprised when I brought up the Rebellion as seen in the films was not officially formed until like two episodes ago. He wondered what the show has been doing for this long. My response: lots of filler.

God, I know this show isn't even about merchandise for Disney. CT, as a fellow poster at Rebelscum you are well aware of Hasbro's incompetence lately, especially the 3.75" figure lines. Rebels is getting maybe 3 or 4 figures and one vehicle a year. Meanwhile clothing, party supplies, etc., all are usually focused on the new yearly films. Besides being their TV option for Star Wars, Rebels has barely been relevant since season 1.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 3:45 pm

Truth be told, I feel like there were better episodes in Seasons 1 and 2 than there have been in Season 3, and I raged against those episodes. This show as a whole has been a huge disappointment to me, and I feel like I'm only watching it now just to make sure I keep up with the continuity.

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 3:54 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I feel like I'm only watching it now just to make sure I keep up with the continuity.

Funny, that's how I feel about the films itself now.

I've been doing some soul searching and the lowered my Disney rankings even lower. I kinda despise Rogue One with all of my heart now. Jurassic World is like Casablanca in comparison to it, with the most restraint fanservice imaginable. The only reason I cannot put it lower than Attack of the Clones is because of the utter boredom and awkwardness of that mess Lucas put together.

Empire 10/10
Star Wars 9/10
Jedi 7/10
Force 5/10
Phantom 4/10
Sith 4/10
Rogue 3/10
Clones 3/10
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:01 pm

Ah yes, the "It's all EU now" BS. Rolling Eyes

Rogue One was better than JW by miles. No cheese, no BS, no agonizing cringe. You wanna mention fanservice, fine, but don't bring up JW if you want to criticize it, because JW was the definition of fan service.

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:04 pm

CT-1138 wrote:

Rogue One was better than JW by miles. No cheese, no BS, no agonizing cringe. You wanna mention fanservice, fine, but don't bring up JW if you want to criticize it, because JW was the definition of fan service.

What are you talking about in the first line, I honestly don't know?

And this is one of the first time ever I've compared JW positively to anything (if you didn't know I'm not exactly fan of it) and immediately I get slammed down for it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:13 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
because JW was the definition of fan service.

To be fair, couldn't you argue that both JW and ST7 needed all that fan service to make up for how badly they burned the fan base with the last movie, in SW case, the whole prequels?

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Mistral wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

And this is one of the first time ever I've compared JW positively to anything (if you didn't know I'm not exactly fan of it) and immediately I get slammed down for it Laughing
Ah, my bad, I thought you were spouting that nonsense that just because Lucas didn't write it, it's irrelevant drivel
Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

To be fair, couldn't you argue that both JW and ST7 needed all that fan service to make up for how badly they burned the fan base with the last movie, in SW case, the whole prequels?
Oh, you definitely could, but there's different types of fan service. There's badly done fan service like what was JW and TFA, and then there's well integrated, not annoying, and well planned out fan service like Rogue One.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:23 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

Oh, you definitely could, but there's different types of fan service. There's badly done fan service like what was JW and TFA, and then there's well integrated, not annoying, and well planned out fan service like Rogue One.  

That's fair. I just think that all/most of that was needed for the fanbases.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:26 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

Ah, my bad, I thought you were spouting that nonsense that just because Lucas didn't write it, it's irrelevant drivel
Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

If I was defender of Lucas, I probably wouldn't give trashy ratings to the prequels Smile I don't care if he's there or not, he's not a God. Empire featured the least of his meddling in the original trilogy and was not only the best in the franchise, but one of the best in film history.

Now. Don't hate me for saying this. Please. It's just my opinion, just as yours is what it is. But:

Obviously JW is huge in fanservice, what is something I've complained about over and over again and which is why I felt the need to bring it up here in the first place, but I feel like in comparison to R1's fanservice it's like regular star destroyer to Executor. At least in JW the fanservice for the most part seemed to have some sort of reasoning behind it, whilst Rogue One plays like fan film from start to finish, with pointless "remember this" moments thrown everywhere, and obvious studio meddling and reshoots added in. The only good parts to me were some of the action, and effects which were great (apart from horrible Tarkin+Leia).

TFA and JW are more in line with each other
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:31 pm

I LOVED the final confrontation between Obi-Wan and Maul!

It was like an old samurai film where the master always wins quickly. Plus I love that Kenobi tricked Maul by using form 4 (Qui-Gon used that form) and Maul tried to knock him off guard with his lightsaber's hilt to kill him like he did to Qui-Gon but Obi-Wan didn't fall for it.

Absolutely loved it!

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Some of the planets in the old movies could be revisited.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 2:02 pm

Darth Vader was supposed to have killed off Krennic for failure, but that was cut out since him surviving the Death Star blast was a bit of a stretch.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 4:20 pm

I'm kinda glad Krennic died on the surface of Scarif, disintegrated by the weapon he and Galen Erso created. I'm a sucker for poetic irony. Death by Darth Vader has been done a lot, and while it's not an unmemorable way to go, I prefer Vader's closing line to Krennic on Mustafar... "Be careful not to choke on your aspirations."

The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 4:58 pm

Disney is planning 15 more years of Star Wars material

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 8 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next