Where Life Found a Way...est. 2016
 
HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Star Wars thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:36 am

@Dead2009 wrote:
Disney Announces New Star Wars Forces of Destiny Animated Shorts
I am very excited for this! Very Happy

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Unused footage would have explained how Boba Fett's helmet got the iconic dent.
I'm just amazed at all the call backs they managed to fit into that one scene. EE-3 carbine, Jango's pistols, the dented helmet, I'm sure I'd find more if I looked!

Also, Rex's new Season 4 look suggests he is in fact who we all thought he was...
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:01 am

TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 810
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:31 pm

I quite liked it, the teases it provided of what to expect from the characters and what their journeys could turn out to be were what got me excited. The music and cinematography, combined with Mark Hamill's narration was completely arresting! Especially Luke's words at the end....

However, I do wonder just how much this will err on the side of duplicating The Empire Strikes Back. They have a better director than J.J. Abrams in Rian Johnson. Also for a main character, I thought it was pretty damn strange to show Finn unconscious, rather than actively involved in the action.

Also one note of curiosity, I try not to put any stock into Star Wars rumours, but what do any of you guys think about this absurd notion of Rey falling to the Dark Side and the film-makers trying to redeem Kylo Ren, and all of this would be featured in Episode IX?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:39 pm

I see Luke is teaching her some lightsaber skills. Or at least someone's swinging swords in the distance while another is watching. But Yoda never instructed Luke in weapons. I thought this was supposed to be remake of Episode V, just like TFA was remake and R1 fan film of IV, what's going on with these slight deviations from the originals?  Razz

But meh. It was alright. Kind of lukewarm. I think the original TFA trailer was more interesting for what it was. But I'm sure there are 50,000 hyperbole reaction vids on youtube already. I'm just hoping there's another Rich Evans one. We need it. The universe needs it.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:52 pm

Mistral wrote:
I see Luke is teaching her some lightsaber skills. Or at least someone's swinging swords in the distance while another is watching. But Yoda never instructed Luke in weapons. I thought this was supposed to be remake of Episode V, just like TFA was remake and R1 fan film of IV, what's going on with these slight deviations from the originals?  Razz
Actually, Yoda did train Luke in lightsaber combat, it was simply cut from the final film:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:09 pm

Most of the deleted scenes in Empire are utterly terrible, you know like Wampas invading the Hoth rebel base. Just terrible. I'm glad they were wise enough to get rid of them, for it resulted in majestic masterpiece of film making. I'm also happy that light saber scene was forgotten, as weapons shouldn't have been the focus of that training anyway.

And Yes, Obi-Wan did have Luke dodging those practice shots in New Hope, but that wasn't really related to lightsaber as much as it was to the general senses and feel of the Force. Also repeating that same sort of stuff would have been redundant in Empire, so there was no need for that either.

Obi-Wan said "this weapon is your life" in Clones, but that was typically terrible prequel line that made no sense anyway. Same with the scenes where the children are swinging their swords together in that class room or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:46 pm

I mean l liked it.... but I was quite underwhelmed tbh. Where as TFA and Rogue one had me immediately wishing it was December.


Last edited by Troyal1 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Maybe it's hard of Disney to concentrate making it stand out when they simultaneously have 57 other SW films rolling in the cinematic universe conveyor belt?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1104
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:38 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I quite liked it, the teases it provided of what to expect from the characters and what their journeys could turn out to be were what got me excited. The music and cinematography, combined with Mark Hamill's narration was completely arresting! Especially Luke's words at the end....

However, I do wonder just how much this will err on the side of duplicating The Empire Strikes Back. They have a better director than J.J. Abrams in Rian Johnson. Also for a main character, I thought it was pretty damn strange to show Finn unconscious, rather than actively involved in the action.

Also one note of curiosity, I try not to put any stock into Star Wars rumours, but what do any of  you guys think about this absurd notion of Rey falling to the Dark Side and the film-makers trying to redeem Kylo Ren, and all of this would be featured in Episode IX?

Kylo Ren being redeemed isnt absurd at all, especially when they showed him being unable to control his emotions in TFA. Could easily have him go off the deep end if Leia ends up being killed off in Episode 9.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The LEGO Batman Movie (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:57 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I quite liked it, the teases it provided of what to expect from the characters and what their journeys could turn out to be were what got me excited. The music and cinematography, combined with Mark Hamill's narration was completely arresting! Especially Luke's words at the end....

However, I do wonder just how much this will err on the side of duplicating The Empire Strikes Back. They have a better director than J.J. Abrams in Rian Johnson. Also for a main character, I thought it was pretty damn strange to show Finn unconscious, rather than actively involved in the action.

Also one note of curiosity, I try not to put any stock into Star Wars rumours, but what do any of  you guys think about this absurd notion of Rey falling to the Dark Side and the film-makers trying to redeem Kylo Ren, and all of this would be featured in Episode IX?

Kylo Ren being redeemed isnt absurd at all, especially when they showed him being unable to control his emotions in TFA. Could easily have him go off the deep end if Leia ends up being killed off in Episode 9.

I saw Finn still being unconscious as a way to give Ray and Poe more motivation to fight. A personal meaning if you will.

As for Kylo Ren being redeemed, as I have read, he didn't feel complete after he killed off Han, but emptiness. It pretty clear that he's not quite as rage filled as Grampa Anakin secretly was. At least not yet anyway. Speaking of which, I found it odd that his helmet was destroyed considering how much he's worshiped by his grandson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:50 pm

Mistral wrote:
Maybe it's hard of Disney to concentrate making it stand out when they simultaneously have 57 other SW films rolling in the cinematic universe conveyor belt?

Yeah that definitely has something to do with it for me. I remember even last year when I saw Rogue One that if felt weird seeing a SW movie in a theater one year after the last one(even though it's obviously not a mainline entry). 

I fear it will loose the magic for me quickly.

Edit: although deep down inside I do wish sometimes we could get all this JP spinoffs lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:29 pm

True dat. Cue in certain *endless trash* gif Razz

If we got cinematic universe JP spinoff movie, I'd jump in the well and sing to myself loudly.

Board room executive:
"Hey between our big episodic JP films, how about a standalone of Owen working in the raptor pen, training the beasts. We'll stretch a 150 minute film out of it, to set an origin story. Hell, let's make two of them. The second one will basically be a remake of Jurassic World, but make it another soft reboot so that you can technically claim it to be a new sequel. And then to finish off this Owen trilogy, the third one will be basically be prequel to the first standalone, origin story of the origin story, where we'll get a cameo by that guy who was on the subway in The Lost World. He's gonna like meet Owen in his bungalow and have couple of beers, and the guy's gonna tell all about Malcolm. The joke's gonna be, Owen doesn't know who the hell Malcolm is, but audience and everyone else does. It's a brilliant reference. The rest of the film, I don't know, Owen punches T-Rex in the face. It's gonna be great. And speaking of T-Rex, in the next stand-alone film we will follow what happened to her between the events of Jurassic Park and Jurassic World. You know, for the missing 20 year period. Such crucial part of the story that has been left unexplored for so long. We'll find out, like, what parts of the islands does she roam, and uhh, did the goat population survive after the first park? Something like that, something very safe, but not too safe. Our focus group really liked the Rex in the last test screening, so it's gonna be nothing but her in the entire film. I mean, other than for the first hour where you will have some exposition scenes in the mainland. Figure it out. And how about we have standalone film about Kelly, you know the black girl? But we don't have to have same actor, I mean the old one wouldn't have draw for target demographic group 19-35, so let's just put, I don't know, Jessica Alba in it. Whatever. There might be SJW attack after that for changing her skin color, so all the other characters should be black. Except throw in couple of asians, latinos, and others to smoothen it out. Equal diversity division between men and women too, we don't want to be offensive to any group. Anyway, so Kelly's, now a scientist lady person, is going to Isla Nublar, on a boat with her friends, to investigate new species of... some little dinosaur. That's popped out of somewhere. Who cares. Just fill it out with references and them escaping the dinosaurs like usual. Okay? So that's, what a dozen films for the first two and half years? Get to working guys, I want the next 20... well say 30 sequel scripts on my desk by tomorrow morning. We're gonna milk the crap out of this guys and gals."


Last edited by Mistral on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:32 pm

In his first Star Wars related appearance since 2002, Hayden Christensen got a standing ovation.

Carrie Fisher won't be in Star Wars: Episode 9.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:00 pm

Hayden wasn't a bad actor. Just miscasted, and his character terribly written by that hack. But at least he didn't get his (acting) life essentially ruined like Jake Lloyd did.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:38 pm

Mistral wrote:
Hayden wasn't a bad actor. Just miscasted, and his character terribly written by that hack. But at least he didn't get his (acting) life essentially ruined like Jake Lloyd did.
Wasn't the direction he got from Lucas rumored to be pretty awful too? 

I mean lots of incredible actors in the prequels have moments and lines where they are just SO wooden and cringe worthy imo. 

Although I gotta come out and admit ROTS is my favorite. I don't know why but I love that film to death.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:41 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
In his first Star Wars related appearance since 2002, Hayden Christensen got a standing ovation.

Carrie Fisher won't be in Star Wars: Episode 9.

Damn how many times are they gonna change that story lol. 

But honestly I'm really glad. I hope they will tell us what her characters direction would have been like if she had not died.

I wonder if her character will die or if they will just send her off somewhere never to be seen again? What would you guys prefer?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 724
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:29 pm

Late to the party, but wow, that teaser was great. At first I was a little underwhelmed, because I didn't feel like it had that punch like TFA, between the first teaser with Kylo in the woods, and the second with "Chewie, we're home.". But after a few more watches, especially once I got off work and watched it properly on a computer screen, I'm really excited. Looks like it'll shape up to be much better than TFA.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Apr 14, 2017 9:52 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
In his first Star Wars related appearance since 2002, Hayden Christensen got a standing ovation.

Carrie Fisher won't be in Star Wars: Episode 9.

Damn how many times are they gonna change that story lol. 

But honestly I'm really glad. I hope they will tell us what her characters direction would have been like if she had not died.

I wonder if her character will die or if they will just send her off somewhere never to be seen again? What would you guys prefer?

Some are thinking that Kylo Ren is gonna do her in like he did with his dad. If it's true, then its' going to be hard to see, but if Carrie Fisher agreed to it, then I guess we can live with it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 810
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:33 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
In his first Star Wars related appearance since 2002, Hayden Christensen got a standing ovation.

Carrie Fisher won't be in Star Wars: Episode 9.

Damn how many times are they gonna change that story lol. 

But honestly I'm really glad. I hope they will tell us what her characters direction would have been like if she had not died.

I wonder if her character will die or if they will just send her off somewhere never to be seen again? What would you guys prefer?

Some are thinking that Kylo Ren is gonna do her in like he did with his dad. If it's true, then its' going to be hard to see, but  if Carrie Fisher agreed to it, then I guess we can live with it.

The notion of Kylo being responsible for Leia's death, off screen or otherwise, would certainly make anyone who wanted to see him redeemed feel even more conflicted. We've talked about who this trilogy is about passing the torch from the original team (Luke, Han and Leia) to the new trio (Rey, Poe and Finn), but in that eventuality it's going to be tough to see these characters go. Lets see how well Rian and Colin handle the following episodes, because best of luck to the both of them and their respective teams.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:42 am

The 4th season of Star Wars: Rebels will be the last one. It's also going to connect with Rogue One.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sat Apr 15, 2017 3:06 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
The 4th season of Star Wars: Rebels will be the last one. It's also going to connect with Rogue One.
Figured. By the time of Season 4, the show was only months away from Rogue One/A New Hope, and Filoni had already expressed interest in connecting the show with Rogue One. Still, I swear if this show leaves more questions unanswered than it does answered, I'm not going to be happy with it. This show has been very disappointed when it comes to finite answers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Oshronosaurus
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 386
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:43 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Unused footage would have explained how Boba Fett's helmet got the iconic dent.
you mean he didn't bump it against a door while entering a room? Razz 

disappointed that Lando won't be showing up--i was expecting him to appear at least in a minor role as acting-Chancellor of the New Republic since he's one of the last living members of the old Rebel Alliance and actually does have experience as a governor since he used to run Cloud City and all
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:23 pm

RLM's newest sarcastic-tastic "Nerd Crew" episode "discussing" the Last Jedi trailer is out. It's about what you'd expect  Razz on side note I usually don't like their comment sections, you know because it's just a bunch of retard idiots repeating the same five meme jokes over and over in order to get their 30 seconds of fame on the internet... but I really have to agree with the "The best thing about Star Wars trailers are Nerd Crew episodes" and "i was literally more hyped for this than the actual trailer itself" lines, and the other ones like that. I haven't really cared a crap about SW films made after 1983 - or 1980 to be more specific - but they essentially gave us the RLM which I have to thank Lucas and now later the Disney board room eternally. I mean my fav stuff from them has nothing do with SW (Best of the Worst etc) but if it weren't for Star Wars they wouldn't be famous. Also it's one of the only reasons for me to watch these films now.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2493
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:54 pm

AT-AT's will be back in 'The Last Jedi'.

Hopefully, they are upgraded in some form. I'd have them have belly turrets, a rear gunner, side gunners, and a turret gunner on the back. You know, much like an American WW2 era heavy bomber.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:01 pm

Of course they will be, how else would the Empire / First Order strike back at the Rebel / Resistance / Republic forces and destroy that damned shield generator protecting their base of operations.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 724
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:29 pm

@CT-1138 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
The 4th season of Star Wars: Rebels will be the last one. It's also going to connect with Rogue One.
Figured. By the time of Season 4, the show was only months away from Rogue One/A New Hope, and Filoni had already expressed interest in connecting the show with Rogue One. Still, I swear if this show leaves more questions unanswered than it does answered, I'm not going to be happy with it. This show has been very disappointed when it comes to finite answers.

Tell me about it. I'm still pretty upset how they backtracked Maul. Despite some things I have said, I really didn't expect him to be redeemed, but he basically got over everything by his final appearance in TCW. While they have yet to say exactly what happened with Sidious, the follow-ups do show the rest of the Nightsisters wiped out, Savage was dead at the end of TCW, and he tooled around the galaxy for a while before stranding himself on Malachor, so I guess in his time alone he could've slipped back into craziness and felt like revenge was once again all he could think about. Coupled with the extremely quick nature of his death, I just felt like something was missing from all of it.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 570
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:07 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@CT-1138 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
The 4th season of Star Wars: Rebels will be the last one. It's also going to connect with Rogue One.
Figured. By the time of Season 4, the show was only months away from Rogue One/A New Hope, and Filoni had already expressed interest in connecting the show with Rogue One. Still, I swear if this show leaves more questions unanswered than it does answered, I'm not going to be happy with it. This show has been very disappointed when it comes to finite answers.

Tell me about it. I'm still pretty upset how they backtracked Maul. Despite some things I have said, I really didn't expect him to be redeemed, but he basically got over everything by his final appearance in TCW. While they have yet to say exactly what happened with Sidious, the follow-ups do show the rest of the Nightsisters wiped out, Savage was dead at the end of TCW, and he tooled around the galaxy for a while before stranding himself on Malachor, so I guess in his time alone he could've slipped back into craziness and felt like revenge was once again all he could think about. Coupled with the extremely quick nature of his death, I just felt like something was missing from all of it.      
Maul was supposed to duel Vader and die by his hand in the Season 2 finale, and it was Ahsoka's arc that would have been the one that got stretched out. Filoni then figured that a duel between Ahsoka and Vader would have been more profound, and he began pushing that idea throughout the season. I think after that they didn't know what to do with Maul, but knew they wanted him dead, so they took the cheapest way out they could find. TBH, the way that the crew talked about it since, what with the confirmation of the original episode being planned to have been 35 minutes, "Twin Suns" seems like it was it's own short arc that got butchered down to 22 minutes. Really sad, actually. I would have taken more of that episode over Singing Droids Lost in Space any Saturday. Now, according to this year's Celebration, it turns out that we're getting the extra Ahsoka after all. Not that I'm complaining. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:09 pm

Mistral wrote:
Of course they will be, how else would the Empire / First Order strike back at the Rebel / Resistance / Republic forces and destroy that damned shield generator protecting their base of operations.
Weren't the AT-AT's what those ships were flying towards in the new trailer?

I immediately thought of Empire lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:38 am

@Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Of course they will be, how else would the Empire / First Order strike back at the Rebel / Resistance / Republic forces and destroy that damned shield generator protecting their base of operations.
Weren't the AT-AT's what those ships were flying towards in the new trailer?

I immediately thought of Empire lol

I'm sure they'll camouflage the new Hoth battle well enough

"Gamma Station 6-8. We're on our way. Oh right boys keep tight now."
"Poe, I have no approach vector! I'm not set!"
"Steady, Finn. Attack pattern Beta. Go now!"
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1104
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:20 am

Here’s Why Kylo Ren’s Scar is Different in The Last Jedi
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/839783-heres-why-kylo-rens-scar-is-different-in-the-last-jedi#CYD2J07tDOg4c5gL.99

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The LEGO Batman Movie (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:04 pm

New archive footage of gold leader dropping the F bomb while filming! 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BkVUTEBMzUk&ebc=ANyPxKonU8DdJahEfrHpa9o_ANPW-yzbqwgqmNW-tf0FJnyVdvpuJAG_Moc9v-R8tppjVJM2vq67OJT212T-lQcO4XdTNcxcCA&time_continue=56
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:18 pm

They should've used that shot of him swearing Rogue One. Then I could've seen the point in bringing him back, as it perfectly captures my emotions Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:32 pm

Mistral wrote:
They should've used that shot of him swearing Rogue One. Then I could've seen the point in bringing him back, as it perfectly captures my emotions Laughing

Lol yeah! Technically they are allowed one F bomb in there haha.

Why? You didn't care for that film either? I thought it was alright(great last 15 minutes).

But personally no desire to rewatch it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:37 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
Mistral wrote:
They should've used that shot of him swearing Rogue One. Then I could've seen the point in bringing him back, as it perfectly captures my emotions Laughing

Lol yeah! Technically they are allowed one F bomb in there haha.

Why? You didn't care for that film either? I thought it was alright(great last 15 minutes).

But personally no desire to rewatch it.

I hated it

Only Attack of the Clones is worse
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 724
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:56 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Here’s Why Kylo Ren’s Scar is Different in The Last Jedi
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/839783-heres-why-kylo-rens-scar-is-different-in-the-last-jedi#CYD2J07tDOg4c5gL.99

Not going to lie, that's going to bug the heck out of me.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 810
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:55 am

Kathleen Kennedy: Lucasfilm Has No Plans to Restore Theatrical Cuts of Original Trilogy

I've attempted to refrain from getting my hopes up for an HD release of the unaltered theatrical cuts of the Star Wars trilogy, but this is still a real bummer. To date, I still haven't bought any blu-ray releases of the original trilogy (never-mind the prequels, even though I do kinda like Episode III) precisely because I find the constantly changing iterations of the trilogy in poor taste. From the moment Sebastian Shaw was replaced as Anakin I decided enough was enough, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The one silver lining in all of this is shown here: "Kennedy reportedly revealed that there isn’t technically an agreement in place that prevents Lucasfilm or Disney from opting to restore the theatrical cuts, so perhaps she — or someone else high up in the corporate food chain — will eventually change their mind on the subject."

At any rate, lets hope the higher ups at Lucasfilm can consider this more seriously in the future, because there IS a strong demand for the original cuts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:13 am

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Kathleen Kennedy: Lucasfilm Has No Plans to Restore Theatrical Cuts of Original Trilogy

I've attempted to refrain from getting my hopes up for an HD release of the unaltered theatrical cuts of the Star Wars trilogy, but this is still a real bummer. To date, I still haven't bought any blu-ray releases of the original trilogy (never-mind the prequels, even though I do kinda like Episode III) precisely because I find the constantly changing iterations of the trilogy in poor taste. From the moment Sebastian Shaw was replaced as Anakin I decided enough was enough, that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

The one silver lining in all of this is shown here: "Kennedy reportedly revealed that there isn’t technically an agreement in place that prevents Lucasfilm or Disney from opting to restore the theatrical cuts, so perhaps she — or someone else high up in the corporate food chain — will eventually change their mind on the subject."

At any rate, lets hope the higher ups at Lucasfilm can consider this more seriously in the future, because there IS a strong demand for the original cuts.
Wow...

I'm never buying them then
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 724
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:06 am

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Kathleen Kennedy: Lucasfilm Has No Plans to Restore Theatrical Cuts of Original Trilogy


Meh. Some of my best memories are seeing the Special Editions in theaters back when I was 8, and with the exception of "Nooooo" in RotJ, none of the edits have ever really bothered me. They were Lucas' movies, he was allowed to do what he wanted with them. I still love them, and I don't think I'll ever be bothered if the original cuts don't come out.


_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:09 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Kathleen Kennedy: Lucasfilm Has No Plans to Restore Theatrical Cuts of Original Trilogy


Meh. Some of my best memories are seeing the Special Editions in theaters back when I was 8, and with the exception of "Nooooo" in RotJ, none of the edits have ever really bothered me. They were Lucas' movies, he was allowed to do what he wanted with them. I still love them, and I don't think I'll ever be bothered if the original cuts don't come out.


I'm one of those weird people that actually likes the prequels. But really wants those originals as an option(Monkey face emperor and all)....  that way nobody would lose out on anything. I just simply can't buy them or watch them any other way. A hang up I have. 

Also how do you guys feel about Star Wars moving to May?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:13 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
Also how do you guys feel about Star Wars moving to May?

Every single film before Disney took over was released in May, so it's nothing new

Except now there's new film every year, maybe even two, and it will get beyond tiring. Well for me it already is, but as I said on the other thread I'm leaning towards only watching the episodic films from now on. Not that there's gonna be absence of those either...
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 178
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:20 pm

Yall hear about 'dem rumors?
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Indominus rex
Indominus rex
avatar

Posts : 836
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:41 pm

Mistral wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
Also how do you guys feel about Star Wars moving to May?

Every single film before Disney took over was released in May, so it's nothing new

Except now there's new film every year, maybe even two, and it will get beyond tiring. Well for me it already is, but as I said on the other thread I'm leaning towards only watching the episodic films from now on. Not that there's gonna be absence of those either...
Wait. Is there a source saying we will eventually get 2 per year possibly?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evolution_rex
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 178
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:42 pm

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 724
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:59 am

I have a question for everyone. Even though, yes, technically it still exists and all, what are you're 3-5 biggest things that upset you because they were wiped from canon when Disney restarted everything.
I'll start with my least to greatest (though doing only 5, they all matter).

5. Shadows of the Empire. This is going to sound weird, but I'm a big fan of Dash Rendar. Sure, he's a Han Solo clone, with Chuck Norris looks and a suit that looks like it came out of a 90's Rob Liefeld comic, but I played the heck out of the N64 game as a kid, and in doing so made me like the guy. Plus I had the Hasbro figure (still do!) and his ship. That said, I also like the novel bridging Empire and Jedi, and think it should be kept around.

4.Mara Jade. Again, she may be a bit overrated, but Mara Jade was probably the EU character I ended up loving most behind Kyle Katarn. Part of that was I had the very first EU wave of figures backs in the mid-90's, and she was a new badass female force user. I know she died in the EU eventually, but I still would rather have had her existed than not at all. With Thrawn brought into canon, maybe she will be in some form too.

3. Han and Leia's marriage. Say what you will about the things the things they did with the characters, and the fact several of our heroes still had some very unhappy times, but through to the end of the old EU, Han and Leia were a happily married couple. My biggest issue with TFA is we never even had mention if they were married, just they were together, had a son, that son fell to the dark side, and neither of them could deal so they split up and went their separate ways. WHICH I HATE. I like TFA, I don't have that big n issue with it, but if there is one problem I have it's, the unhappy ending s they through on all our heroes. This is the biggest one for me.

2. The Clone Wars micro-series. While over the top, this was some great work done in a very small space. Tartakovsky always does great work, and him and his team made me very happy while waiting for Revenge of the Sith years ago. It still fits with the new TCW as well, a sit introduces Ventress, shows Anakin being knighted (something TCW skipped over), and eventually skips to the Battle of Coruscant which TCW never made it to.

1. Kyle Katarn. I've argued with people over his importance in the saga, and whether he was a good character, and well, I played 4 games with him and loved him, and I hate he's been wiped and so far has been a thing not returned in the new-EU.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The Star Wars thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Official Star Wars Thread
» Vintage Star Wars calendars on Ebay!
» COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth?
» Star Wars Birthday party for Colorado girl
» May KC Legoland Star Wars Weekends 5/4-5/13

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Boards :: The Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: