Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Star Wars thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:04 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I'm not happy about the old writer but I'm certainly not happy with this either.

Cursed child is an absolute Abomination IMO.

As a HP fan the series was dead to me after that came out.

Well I was going to argue that he adapted Rowling's work for stage....but a quick trip to Wikipedia revealed he did in fact write the play based off ideas between him, Rowling, and a third author. That said, if he's there to punch up dialogue and whatnot, I don't feel like he'll be a huge detriment to the film. I mean, he's not rewriting the whole thing in any case. Although given Trevorrow/Connelly were a mixed bag with Jurassic World, I guess I'll just remain on the fence for now.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 402
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:40 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Star Wars: Episode IX' Gets a New Writer: Jack Thorne

To their credit, Disney aren't showing any signs of panic with regards to Trevorrow directing, but this could make all the difference for Episode IX's reception. He's been a playwright on a lot of TV and stage productions, including Harry Potter and the Cursed Child (interestingly enough), and has a few movies lined up in the coming months.

Downsizing Connolly's part, and using their initial script as the template before refining the dialogue. In effect, Trevorrow is George Lucas and Thorne is Lawrence Kasdan in this partnership.
isn't Jack Thorne an engineering guy? XDDDDD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 617
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:40 pm

I just downloaded Adywan's Empire Revisited fan edit. It's fricking glorious! Imagine every continuity error fixed in ESB as Lucas SHOULD have. Every little thing has been tinkered or improved, pink lightsabers changed back to red. The orange Star Destroyer exhaust changed to blue like it is in ANH, motion blur added to the stop motion effects, which have been smoothed out. All the garbage mattes on the TIEs erased. Even the RotS Emperor when Vader holochats him has been replaced with a image of the RotJ Emperor! I'm so happy to find out that it's finally available! I've been wanting this cut of the SW movies since I first heard about them through the proof of concept videos Adywan did that I found back in 2011. I'm downloading ANH Revisited now, and hoping it's just as glorious. Also hoping it doesn't take too long for him to release RotJ.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Obi-Wan-Kenobi movie is reportedly in the works with Stephen Daldry as director.


https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/aug/17/star-wars-disney-obi-wan-kenobi-film



Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 617
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:19 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Obi-Wan-Kenobi movie is reportedly in the works with Stephen Daldry as director.


https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/aug/17/star-wars-disney-obi-wan-kenobi-film



FINALLY!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 402
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:39 pm

i hope it's an exploration of young Obi-wan early in his training with Qui-gon, because that means Liam Neeson will be back! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bbrink1996
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 14
Join date : 2017-07-05

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:00 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Obi-Wan-Kenobi movie is reportedly in the works with Stephen Daldry as director.


https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/aug/17/star-wars-disney-obi-wan-kenobi-film




The spin-off movie i've always wanted! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:53 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Obi-Wan-Kenobi movie is reportedly in the works with Stephen Daldry as director.


https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/aug/17/star-wars-disney-obi-wan-kenobi-film



FINALLY!

I understand everyone being supremely excited (myself included) but the article reads like this is something very far away and early stage, I mean it'll probably happen....

But at the same time I'm not going to get hyped only to get crushed if that makes sense.

May the force be with them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 392
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:44 pm

If they recast Ewan like they did with Ford then I'm out...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 617
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:32 am

Yeah, Ewan is my only real stipulation on this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:27 pm

Michael Kenneth Williams’ Role Cut From ‘Star Wars’ Han Solo Movie Amid Reshoots

http://deadline.com/2017/08/michael-k-williams-han-solo-movie-roll-cut-reshoots-1202153750/

Quote :
Plot and character details had been kept under wraps, but Williams said he played a half-human, half-animal in the film and that “we created a kick-ass character, in my opinion. I’m proud of it.”

Well that's disappointing for him, and potentially us as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2951
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:28 pm

First Order Dreadnought and upgraded AT-AT's known as AT-M6 confirmed.


BEHOLD! THE GIANT PIZZA SLICE OF DEATH! XD



In all seriousness, I'd like to see one of those have battleship style turrets on it. 4 pairs of 2 gunned turrets would be ideal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 617
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:36 pm

Personally, I was hoping for something more like the Eclipse in design. This seems so lackluster. The Finalizer was more interesting than this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:48 pm

Adam Driver, AKA Kylo Ren hopes you are happy with his fate in the films.  "hopefully unexpected" he says.

Kind of a long interview and the Star Wars talk starts at 6:50. But it's a really good interview. Basically if you don't want to watch this is the TLDR version. Adam wanted to be an actor because his dad was a film buff, he tired and failed. Moved in with his parents and then 9/11 happened, so he joined the army. He got injured in a bike accident before he shipped out to Iraq so he was not allowed to go.

So he tried to go about acting again and eventually broke through. It's so crazy to think if he never had that injury he might not have been an actor, or alive for that matter.



Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:33 am

Star was the last Jedi shot 15% digital.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6wlfhy/1015_of_star_wars_the_last_jedi_was_shot_digitally/

Linked to Reddit because the link is to a tweet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 912
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:49 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Star was the last Jedi shot 15% digital.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6wlfhy/1015_of_star_wars_the_last_jedi_was_shot_digitally/

Linked to Reddit because the link is to a tweet

I don't even know why Rian Johnson or Disney even agreed to that; shooting on digital is a surefire way to prevent the 4K scans of The Last Jedi from being complete ones, like The Force Awakens. Sure, 85% might be a genuine ultra-HD upgrade, but 15% of it won't be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jericho
Embryo
Embryo


Posts : 24
Join date : 2017-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:37 am

Oshronosaurus wrote:
i hope it's an exploration of young Obi-wan early in his training with Qui-gon, because that means Liam Neeson will be back! Very Happy

did you guys hear about that kid, Honiker, who got killed out in some canyon?
I don't think, dead, means what you think it means, but he's alive I guess, he just can't hear?
but what I mean is, he thinks Liam Neeson is a real jedi, and he wants to be his apprentice,
right now, uh, he's alive? he got tortured, for like, 10 years, in captivity, and now he's writing a book about the Sith, and he's a genious, and wants
to write Episode VIII and IX himself, and make them like, 14 hours each,
have Liam Neeson bring his friends, and they'll just make it for free?
I'd work on star wars for free, no doubt... he got super fucked up when he read about, or played the game, to learn about Korriban, and that's there the Sith kid he writes about, comes from...

do you know what he's been doing? it's really, freaky cool insane, but like, what does dead mean? do people act like, "well in the real world,"
cuz I don't think he knows what you mean, and his old life with his family, he doesn't know how old he is, what you think money is for, and he's, a ghost
Honiker is, anyway, till he finds his family,
he's working super hard, not for money at all,
but to make himself mega famous, because he doesn't know how to find

what? shouldn't we let him win? 14 hour movies, for free?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:25 am

jericho wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:
i hope it's an exploration of young Obi-wan early in his training with Qui-gon, because that means Liam Neeson will be back! Very Happy

did you guys hear about that kid, Honiker, who got killed out in some canyon?
I don't think, dead, means what you think it means, but he's alive I guess, he just can't hear?
but what I mean is, he thinks Liam Neeson is a real jedi, and he wants to be his apprentice,
right now, uh, he's alive? he got tortured, for like, 10 years, in captivity, and now he's writing a book about the Sith, and he's a genious, and wants
to write Episode VIII and IX himself, and make them like, 14 hours each,
have Liam Neeson bring his friends, and they'll just make it for free?
I'd work on star wars for free, no doubt... he got super fucked up when he read about, or played the game, to learn about Korriban, and that's there the Sith kid he writes about, comes from...

do you know what he's been doing? it's really, freaky cool insane, but like, what does dead mean? do people act like, "well in the real world,"
cuz I don't think he knows what you mean, and his old life with his family, he doesn't know how old he is, what you think money is for, and he's, a ghost
Honiker is, anyway, till he finds his family,
he's working super hard, not for money at all,
but to make himself mega famous, because he doesn't know how to find

what? shouldn't we let him win? 14 hour movies, for free?

Huh? Link?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 402
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:48 pm

jericho wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:
i hope it's an exploration of young Obi-wan early in his training with Qui-gon, because that means Liam Neeson will be back! Very Happy

did you guys hear about that kid, Honiker, who got killed out in some canyon?
I don't think, dead, means what you think it means, but he's alive I guess, he just can't hear?
but what I mean is, he thinks Liam Neeson is a real jedi, and he wants to be his apprentice,
right now, uh, he's alive? he got tortured, for like, 10 years, in captivity, and now he's writing a book about the Sith, and he's a genious, and wants
to write Episode VIII and IX himself, and make them like, 14 hours each,
have Liam Neeson bring his friends, and they'll just make it for free?
I'd work on star wars for free, no doubt... he got super fucked up when he read about, or played the game, to learn about Korriban, and that's there the Sith kid he writes about, comes from...

do you know what he's been doing? it's really, freaky cool insane, but like, what does dead mean? do people act like, "well in the real world,"
cuz I don't think he knows what you mean, and his old life with his family, he doesn't know how old he is, what you think money is for, and he's, a ghost
Honiker is, anyway, till he finds his family,
he's working super hard, not for money at all,
but to make himself mega famous, because he doesn't know how to find

what? shouldn't we let him win? 14 hour movies, for free?
the hell are you on about?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 617
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:10 pm

Guys, I think it's a spam bot. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:12 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Guys, I think it's a spam bot. Razz

I think so too. Look at the rest of his posts. All weird and nonsensical.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRK
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 268
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Sydney, Australia

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:18 pm

Keeping a close eye.

_______________
"Through Victory, My chains are broken"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2951
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:53 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Guys, I think it's a spam bot. Razz

I think so too. Look at the rest of his posts. All weird and nonsensical.

I just think that it's somebody who might really be too young to be online.


Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:00 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Guys, I think it's a spam bot. Razz

I think so too. Look at the rest of his posts. All weird and nonsensical.

I just that it's somebody who might really be too young to be online.
I'm half and half on that.....but I'm probably leaning closer to removing them because they aren't really adding to the discussion regardless.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jericho
Embryo
Embryo


Posts : 24
Join date : 2017-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:41 pm

are you talking about me?
Spam is, "looks like food but isn't", I like talking to people, so what if I'm different? All my posts are really well thought out,

I sound odd if you're not talking about me tho, what's up? Did you say, some kid too young to be online? Is that really how you treat kids?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:19 pm

jericho wrote:
are you talking about me?
Spam is, "looks like food but isn't", I like talking to people, so what if I'm different? All my posts are really well thought out,

I sound odd if you're not talking about me tho, what's up? Did you say, some kid too young to be online? Is that really how you treat kids?

Well when you post random things that are extremely odd it makes us wonder 3 things.

1. Bot.

2. Child.

3. Troll.

Like your post here in the Star Wars thread. How is that thought out? I did a google search on the guy you claim believes Star Wars is real and nothing in return came back. Sounds like you made it up. If not I apologize.

But if you're adding to the discussion you're gonna have to back up claims you put out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:03 pm

Getting us back on topic.....

Am I the only one that's afraid we may end up with Disney trying to bring out some big prequel retconning event in a future film? Like, not that the prequels didn't happen, but something that'll put more importance on the Disney era moving forward. I have a feeling Lucas probably mandated they wouldn't ignore or get rid of the prequels when it came to the sale, but imagine this:

Anakin wasn't the chosen one. He may have had similarities to the prophecy, but we find out his "force child" status was a result of Darth Plagueis manipulating the force to create life. Therefore, his destiny was always steeped in the dark side, but he still was able to have good within him. Now, we don't know Rey's parents because.... she is the Chosen One. Her mother and the Jedi hid her because she was made from the pure force, and equal balance of light and dark. Her destiny would come to her sooner or later.

Now, while in my head that idea doesn't sound awful, and all the prequel haters would probably enjoy this, I don't like something like this. It's like my issues with calling it "Rey's lightsaber". It will forever be the Skywalker lightsaber. I feel like it'd be a certain disrespect to Lucas, who shaped the universe until he knew he didn't have it in him to take it further.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2951
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:26 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Getting us back on topic.....

Am I the only one that's afraid we may end up with Disney trying to bring out some big prequel retconning event in a future film? Like, not that the prequels didn't happen, but something that'll put more importance on the Disney era moving forward. I have a feeling Lucas probably mandated they wouldn't ignore or get rid of the prequels when it came to the sale, but imagine this:

Anakin wasn't the chosen one. He may have had similarities to the prophecy, but we find out his "force child" status was a result of Darth Plagueis manipulating the force to create life. Therefore, his destiny was always steeped in the dark side, but he still was able to have good within him. Now, we don't know Rey's parents because.... she is the Chosen One. Her mother and the Jedi hid her because she was made from the pure force, and equal balance of light and dark. Her destiny would come to her sooner or later.

Disney has already ensured that the prequels are canon via Rebels and Rogue One so I don't think they can outright ret-con them out of existence like Paramount plans to do with all of the Terminators made after T2 via the planned 'proper' T3 movie made under James Cameron. That being said, I can see them ret-conning it where Luke is the chosen one via convincing his father that there is some good left and him training Rey. I don't disagree that Disney might do something like that, but I wonder how much they can do.

Osh said something interesting a while back.
Oshronosaurus wrote:
i think part of the reason the Marvel movies are doing so well while now the future of Star Wars is up in the air is because Disney went ahead with Star Wars on their own rather than just acquiring a huge project that was already in the works and had been planned out years in advance (remember, part of why Marvel is so successful with their cinematic universe while other studios aren't is because they took their time starting it off while others are rushing into it to compete and it's hurting them badly because of that)

I agree with this. But I think there's something else at play: The the prequels eventually turned out to be so hated as time went on since The Phantom Menace came out, that is scared people into thinking that can't do anything original. It's a lot like how I think that Universal learned some wrong lessons from JP3, and to a lesser degree (GA wise), The Lost World. That with the GA being split on TLW and the overwhelming majority of fans, GA, and critics hating JP3, that we might not see Sorna again, even if JW: FK does ensure that the first 2 sequels are still hard canon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:36 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Getting us back on topic.....

Am I the only one that's afraid we may end up with Disney trying to bring out some big prequel retconning event in a future film? Like, not that the prequels didn't happen, but something that'll put more importance on the Disney era moving forward. I have a feeling Lucas probably mandated they wouldn't ignore or get rid of the prequels when it came to the sale, but imagine this:

Anakin wasn't the chosen one. He may have had similarities to the prophecy, but we find out his "force child" status was a result of Darth Plagueis manipulating the force to create life. Therefore, his destiny was always steeped in the dark side, but he still was able to have good within him. Now, we don't know Rey's parents because.... she is the Chosen One. Her mother and the Jedi hid her because she was made from the pure force, and equal balance of light and dark. Her destiny would come to her sooner or later.

Disney has already ensured that the prequels are canon via Rebels and Rogue One so I don't think they can outright ret-con them out of existence like Paramount plans to do with all of the Terminators made after T2 via the planned 'proper' T3 movie made under James Cameron. That being said, I can see them ret-conning it where Luke is the chosen one via convincing his father that there is some good left and him training Rey. I don't disagree that Disney might do something like that, but I wonder how much they can do.

Osh said something interesting a while back.
Oshronosaurus wrote:
i think part of the reason the Marvel movies are doing so well while now the future of Star Wars is up in the air is because Disney went ahead with Star Wars on their own rather than just acquiring a huge project that was already in the works and had been planned out years in advance (remember, part of why Marvel is so successful with their cinematic universe while other studios aren't is because they took their time starting it off while others are rushing into it to compete and it's hurting them badly because of that)

I agree with this. But I think there's something else at play: The the prequels eventually turned out to be so hated as time went on since The Phantom Menace came out, that is scared people into thinking that can't do anything original. It's a lot like how I think that Universal learned some wrong lessons from JP3, and to a lesser degree (GA wise), The Lost World. That with the GA being split on TLW and the overwhelming majority of fans, GA, and critics hating JP3, that we might not see Sorna again, even if JW: FK does ensure that the first 2 sequels are still hard canon.

Exactly.

I often see this awful argument about the Star Wars prequels(which I don't outright hate btw). And that argument is "you wanted something new, you complained. And now when you are getting something old and nostalgic you are still complaining".

And I'm like NO. People were never mad at the prequels for trying new things. People were mad at the prequels because they felt the new stuff wasn't any good. They hated some of the characters, the awful dialogue, direction and acting. And of course some of the story.

People did not hate the Star Wars prequels for being New. They hated it because they were not satisfied with the new stuff. That argument that new= bad annoys me to no end. ROTS is my favorite btw lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 617
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:33 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2951
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:13 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Snokes new Mega-Class Star Destroyer is effing HUGE!

Well, at least it's a new design. I can't help but wonder if it will have a miniaturized version/s of the Death Cannon that was used by the Death Star. I mean, something that big has to have a lot of firepower for taking out enemy capital ships.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:55 pm

Colin Trevorrow is out of Star Wars episode 9!!! Wtf

http://www.thewrap.com/colin-trevorrow-exits-of-star-wars-episode-ix/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 912
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:07 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Colin Trevorrow is out of Star Wars episode 9!!! Wtf

http://www.thewrap.com/colin-trevorrow-exits-of-star-wars-episode-ix/

I've been rooting for Trevorrow to persevere and surprise everyone with his directing of Episode IX, but clearly The Book of Henry torpedoed any remaining goodwill from the vast majority of Star Wars fans and with the fate of the franchise looking as precarious as it is, Disney are undeniably taking the pragmatic route to keep faith in the sequel trilogy high. I get why they took this route; they don't want risk the concluding chapter on a director who got extremely lucky with Jurassic World and is still a divisive and deeply untrusted director. Pretty much everywhere I look the reception to this news is one of adulation, I honestly can't remember a time when people were so glad to see a director removed from an anticipated movie. Even Reel News Hawaii, who've been pretty supportive of Jurassic World in the past, were quick to post a mocking tweet connecting Trevorrow to Admiral Motti (the guy Vader force-chokes in A New Hope).

Trevorrow still has his work at Universal and Amblin cut out for him though, though for many JP fans I'm sure that doesn't come as any kind of reassurance. If Bayona has been requesting frequent re-writes and improvements on the Fallen Kingdom script, we'll know for sure when we see it. Its just a shame Jon Favreau is directing the live action Lion King and he wasn't hired sooner because he was honestly my top pick for Episode IX before Trevorrow was hired. Now they have to scramble to find a new director fast, or plug Rian Johnson to get filming ASAP.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:21 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Colin Trevorrow is out of Star Wars episode 9!!! Wtf

http://www.thewrap.com/colin-trevorrow-exits-of-star-wars-episode-ix/

I've been rooting for Trevorrow to persevere and surprise everyone with his directing of Episode IX, but clearly The Book of Henry torpedoed any remaining goodwill from the vast majority of Star Wars fans and with the fate of the franchise looking as precarious as it is, Disney are undeniably taking the pragmatic route to keep faith in the sequel trilogy high. I get why they took this route; they don't want risk the concluding chapter on a director who got extremely lucky with Jurassic World and is still a divisive and deeply untrusted director. Pretty much everywhere I look the reception to this news is one of adulation, I honestly can't remember a time when people were so glad to see a director removed from an anticipated movie. Even Reel News Hawaii, who've been pretty supportive of Jurassic World in the past, were quick to post a mocking tweet connecting Trevorrow to Admiral Motti (the guy Vader force-chokes in A New Hope).

Trevorrow still has his work at Universal and Amblin cut out for him though, though for many JP fans I'm sure that doesn't come as any kind of reassurance. If Bayona has been requesting frequent re-writes and improvements on the Fallen Kingdom script, we'll know for sure when we see it. Its just a shame Jon Favreau is directing the live action Lion King and he wasn't hired sooner because he was honestly my top pick for Episode IX before Trevorrow was hired. Now they have to scramble to find a new director fast, or plug Rian Johnson to get filming ASAP.

It's just crazy to me. And the jokes are funny but I think the Colin hate circle jerk is crazy.

We don't even know the full story yet, obviously we can speculate but people are acting like he would have ruined SW. Maybe so but maybe not. I think his problem is the writing more than directing personally.

The SW producers don't exactly have the cleanest hands either. Maybe they shouldn't be hiring these directors without extreme and careful consideration.


Last edited by Troyal1 on Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 617
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Considering most of what Abrams did was throw nostalgia at the audience and having it backfired on them, I can see why Disney would reconsider Trevorrow. There was a ton of member berries in both TFA and JW, so I can see Disney wanting to avoid it a second time around. I even saw an interview in Empire Magazine recently where Rian Johnson kinda implied that he felt Abrams over did it on the nostalgia baiting in TFA. Plus, I have no doubt that the reception to Book of Henry was a large influence on Disney's decision on whether to continue having him on the project.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:24 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Considering most of what Abrams did was throw nostalgia at the audience and having it backfired on them, I can see why Disney would reconsider Trevorrow. There was a ton of member berries in both TFA and JW, so I can see Disney wanting to avoid it a second time around. I even saw an interview in Empire Magazine recently where Rian Johnson kinda implied that he felt Abrams over did it on the nostalgia baiting in TFA. Plus, I have no doubt that the reception to Book of Henry was a large influence on Disney's decision on whether to continue having him on the project.

Yeah.

I'm not even a fan of Colin really. I just wish it seemed that Disney had a more defined plan. It worries me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2951
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:43 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Colin Trevorrow is out of Star Wars episode 9!!! Wtf

http://www.thewrap.com/colin-trevorrow-exits-of-star-wars-episode-ix/

I've been rooting for Trevorrow to persevere and surprise everyone with his directing of Episode IX, but clearly The Book of Henry torpedoed any remaining goodwill from the vast majority of Star Wars fans and with the fate of the franchise looking as precarious as it is, Disney are undeniably taking the pragmatic route to keep faith in the sequel trilogy high. I get why they took this route; they don't want risk the concluding chapter on a director who got extremely lucky with Jurassic World and is still a divisive and deeply untrusted director. Pretty much everywhere I look the reception to this news is one of adulation, I honestly can't remember a time when people were so glad to see a director removed from an anticipated movie. Even Reel News Hawaii, who've been pretty supportive of Jurassic World in the past, were quick to post a mocking tweet connecting Trevorrow to Admiral Motti (the guy Vader force-chokes in A New Hope).

Trevorrow still has his work at Universal and Amblin cut out for him though, though for many JP fans I'm sure that doesn't come as any kind of reassurance. If Bayona has been requesting frequent re-writes and improvements on the Fallen Kingdom script, we'll know for sure when we see it. Its just a shame Jon Favreau is directing the live action Lion King and he wasn't hired sooner because he was honestly my top pick for Episode IX before Trevorrow was hired. Now they have to scramble to find a new director fast, or plug Rian Johnson to get filming ASAP.

My guess that they thought that he got lucky with Jurassic World or that they thought that Spielberg was the one who really directed with Trevorrow being a proxy. In any case, between him being rushed through JW, Carrie Fisher dying, and The Book Of Henry, Trevorrow was not really treated fairly considering how he was rushed so fast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 392
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Well I guess now it is safe to say Colin will be writing JW3's script too? Neutral
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:06 pm

*sigh* Was really hoping Trevorrow would stick it out. Not surprised though. Somewhere in between Book of Henry being poor, the massive fan backlash, and Trevorrow being forced to rewrite the film in like of Fisher's death, I think it probably became to much for him. If Lucasfilm fired him, I feel like they didn't give him the chance he deserved. If he left on his own, then I do wonder what exactly happened though. Sounds like at the very least, they couldn't agree on the story after it had to be changed since Carrie's passing.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 890
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:46 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Well I guess now it is safe to say Colin will be writing JW3's script too? Neutral

Honestly I dont know if we can make that assumption.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:49 pm

So ummm.... well this sucks. I hope everything works out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2951
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:58 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Well I guess now it is safe to say Colin will be writing JW3's script too? Neutral

Honestly I dont know if we can make that assumption.

Agreed. Remember, J.A. Bayona ordered reshoots for JW:FK so it's safe to say he had differences with the script that Trevorrow helped write. Between that, him getting removed from SW9, the bad reception from The Book Of Henry, and how many fans have gotten a bit cynical of JW, it's possible that he might not come back or at the very least, get demoted as somebody else becomes the main writer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Herrerasaurus
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 189
Join date : 2017-05-25

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:02 pm

I really feel for the guy. Hes way too nice to get the hate that people give him, on that note i'm mixed about this. On one hand i'm one of the few people that loves JW but closing out a new star wars trilogy seems way to much for him and he would have to follow up a film made by rian johnson. I hope they get rian to do the next film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:25 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Well I guess now it is safe to say Colin will be writing JW3's script too? Neutral

Honestly I dont know if we can make that assumption.

Agreed. Remember, J.A. Bayona ordered reshoots for JW:FK so it's safe to say he had differences with the script that Trevorrow helped write. Between that, him getting removed from SW9, the bad reception from The Book Of Henry, and how many fans have gotten a bit cynical of JW, it's possible that he might not come back or at the very least, get demoted as somebody else becomes the main writer.

So you think it's "possible" (key word lol) that Book of Henry may have done huge damage to his career and could end it?

Like I'm wondering what his future is. How Universal views himself etc.

Obviously we can debate this more in another thread but I wanted to know your opinion.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:27 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
I really feel for the guy. Hes way too nice to get the hate that people give him, on that note i'm mixed about this. On one hand i'm one of the few people that loves JW but closing out a new star wars trilogy seems way to much for him and he would have to follow up a film made by rian johnson. I hope they get rian to do the next film.

Not sure if I want Rian again, but they should definitely choose someone less "conventional" just like with Rian.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The Star Wars thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Official Star Wars Thread
» Vintage Star Wars calendars on Ebay!
» COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth?
» Star Wars Birthday party for Colorado girl
» May KC Legoland Star Wars Weekends 5/4-5/13

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: