Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The Star Wars thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:02 pm

It looks like Rian Johnson won't direct Star Wars: Episode 9.

I wonder what's the hold-up. Either Disney is really making sure that they get this pick right or people now know about how hard Katherine Kennedy is at LucasArts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:10 am

From what I've been reading online, J.J. Abrams is coming back to write and direct Star Wars Episode 9.

I don't think he's a bad director, but I'm hoping that he adds more originality this time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 889
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:53 am

So Disney chose someone they could control. Predictable.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:10 pm

Wow. I am supremely disappointed in this. Abrams is competent but I don't think he should come back.

Why can't we have someone new?

Ugh I might have literally just lost all excitement for the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 912
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:29 pm

I'll say this much about Abrams; he's good at posing the audience questions with his "mystery box" method of directing and storytelling, but his final results on delivering on "the box" is mixed at best. I don't think The Last Jedi will be a remake of The Empire Strikes Back, but I don't trust Abrams to not remake Return of the Jedi on impulse.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:43 pm

I'm am also very worried about how he'll handle Rey. I know people are tired of the Mary Sue complaining but some of that could be from the way he directed her. Which I did not care for.

And I swear if there's another Death Star. Please Disney you better not have one of those in the story.

I think Disney had plenty of other "safe picks" that would be better than this decision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 123
Join date : 2017-01-26
Location : MEXICO

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:30 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
From what I've been reading online, J.J. Abrams is coming back to write and direct Star Wars Episode 9.

More or less my reaction to that news:
Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:16 pm

K_Ozz92 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
From what I've been reading online, J.J. Abrams is coming back to write and direct Star Wars Episode 9.

More or less my reaction to that news:
Spoiler:
 

Me too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 617
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:43 pm

I find JJ Abrams to be only a decent director, not a great one. He works best at starting ideas instead of finishing them. Seems that's going to be the new SW, though. Rebels is going go leave about 5 plots unfinished too. Also, Blegh, the BVS writer is doing IX, too Great. Now the resolution is gonna be that Luke's and Snoke's mother is both named Padme and Kylo Ren has kidnapped Snokes mom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 912
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:46 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I find JJ Abrams to be only a decent director, not a great one. He works best at starting ideas instead of finishing them. Seems that's going to be the new SW, though. Rebels is going go leave about 5 plots unfinished too. Also, Blegh, the BVS writer is doing IX, too Great. Now the resolution is gonna be that Luke's and Snoke's mother is both named Padme and Kylo Ren has kidnapped Snokes mom.

He also wrote a little known Best Picture winner called Argo. Its not like these kinds of writers have one-track minds and only do the same thing over and over and over again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 889
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:01 pm

https://twitter.com/Borys_Kit/status/907688226831216640

STAR WARS: EPISODE IX to move from May 24, 2019 to December 20, 2019.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 390
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:45 pm

I wonder with this news whether Uni will do the same & bring back Colin to direct the last Jurassic or keep Bayona or get someone new?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Six-Foot Turkey
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 186
Join date : 2017-05-25
Age : 21
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:13 pm

dance2nite wrote:
I wonder with this news whether Uni will do the same & bring back Colin to direct the last Jurassic or keep Bayona or get someone new?

I was thinking the same. Colin is what JJ is to the new Star Wars. Is it just me or was The Force Awakens not very re-watchable? Can't sit through it, get too bored. None of the characters are interesting apart from Kylo Ren. I'm not really excited about Episode IX being directed by JJ TBH.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:24 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
I wonder with this news whether Uni will do the same & bring back Colin to direct the last Jurassic or keep Bayona or get someone new?

I was thinking the same. Colin is what JJ is to the new Star Wars. Is it just me or was The Force Awakens not very re-watchable? Can't sit through it, get too bored. None of the characters are interesting apart from Kylo Ren. I'm not really excited about Episode IX being directed by JJ TBH.

Thought it was 10/10 the first time. About an 8/10 the second time. And it's just continuing to drop for me so I stopped. I was on such a nostalgia trip in theaters that looking back I wondered if someone slipped something in my drink lol. But that's worn off.

And I really don't want Colin back for JW3. Please, let's stick to different people doing them. Bayona is about as unconventional as we're getting and inarguably the most unexpected person to be chosen to direct JP imo. Even if the film is bad it's going to be interesting to see his vision.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 617
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:30 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
I find JJ Abrams to be only a decent director, not a great one. He works best at starting ideas instead of finishing them. Seems that's going to be the new SW, though. Rebels is going go leave about 5 plots unfinished too. Also, Blegh, the BVS writer is doing IX, too Great. Now the resolution is gonna be that Luke's and Snoke's mother is both named Padme and Kylo Ren has kidnapped Snokes mom.

He also wrote a little known Best Picture winner called Argo. Its not like these kinds of writers have one-track minds and only do the same thing over and over and over again.
A lot writers are one hit wonders. Not everybody can be Stephen King putting out countless hits. I've seen Argo. Honestly it bored me to tears, and my Dad LIVED through the Iranian Hostage Situation. He was on the Nimitz as an air traffic controller, and lost friends who took part in the failed Operation Eagle Claw. In hindsight I've found the movie forgettable, and had it not been had the backing of so many other talents it wouldn't have won so much as best makeup. Then again, I've never put much stock in the Oscars. I've long found their choices in movies to be determined moreso by cliquish arthouse snobbery than through legitimate quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:36 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I've long found their choices in movies to be determined moreso by cliquish arthouse snobbery than through legitimate quality.

Passing over Saving Private Ryan for a movie that most people don't even remember nowadays was the breaking point for most people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:59 pm

WOW! Star Wars 9 is now it's 4th script and has 5 writers.

I can't help but wonder how much longer before KK gets fired or demoted if this keeps up. This can not last forever. After all, if Tom Rothman was fired from Fox despite the company making a profit every year under his watch, then surly KK can't be immune either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 184
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:13 pm

I've got a bad feeling that we're going to get a fourth Death Star. I seriously hope we don't, but damn I really didn't think we'd get Starkiller Base and we did. At the very least I think we're getting some sort of substitute, some big space thing that the heroes have to destroy to finally end the first order, that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:49 pm

John Landis isn't a fan of how LucasArts is being run.

Quote. wrote:
You know, Joe Dante and myself and a few other guys I know are in the same position. They’re not hiring people who have opinions. They think, “He knows what he’s doing, I’m not hiring him!” Look at Star Wars. They keep firing guys. Phil Lord and Chris Miller, those guys are really talented. They’re really funny and original guys. They shot 75% of the movie and I gotta tell you, it doesn’t speak well for the new Lucasfilm. How many directors have they fired? Four. How many writers? Twelve.

It’s very worrying. Remember when George Lucas said that he felt like he sold his kids into white slavery? Well…
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:21 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
WOW! Star Wars 9 is now it's 4th script and has 5 writers.

I can't help but wonder how much longer before KK gets fired or demoted if this keeps up. This can not last forever. After all, if Tom Rothman was fired from Fox despite the company making a profit every year under his watch, then surly KK can't be immune either.

Man KK sounds like she'd fit with Sony perfectly. Wow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon
avatar

Posts : 184
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 21
Location : California

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:44 am

Kathleen Kennedy is one of the most prolific producers out there and has produced tons of critically acclaimed films. I don't think it's fair to act like she doesn't know what she's doing. She is, essentially, acting as a producer here but at a bigger scale. It does sounds like she's running a tight ship and I think there's of course problems with not giving directors enough creative control, but Kennedy isn't Amy Pascal.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:50 pm

evolution_rex wrote:
Kathleen Kennedy is one of the most prolific producers out there and has produced tons of critically acclaimed films. I don't think it's fair to act like she doesn't know what she's doing. She is, essentially, acting as a producer here but at a bigger scale. It does sounds like she's running a tight ship and I think there's of course problems with not giving directors enough creative control, but Kennedy isn't Amy Pascal.

Sometimes, people just lose their magic touch. And so far, it's looks like that's happened to KK. Not only that, but their is such a thing as making the ship too tight. Case in point: 20th Century Fox under Tom Rothman.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1223
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:16 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:05 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1223
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:48 am


_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 617
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Rumour: Darth Vader to appear in the Han Solo Star Wars spin-off
I love me some Vader, but I don't see why he should be in this story. Jabba needs to be the real villain of the Han Solo movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:20 pm

Episode 8 finished post production! And it's possible Mark himself leaked the trailer date! He said to watch Monday night football on October the 9th for no particular reason in regards to a fan asking when the trailer will be dropped. The tweet was deleted so I'm pretty sure he wasn't just joking.

Sources for all.

http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/856109/Star-Wars-8-The-Last-Jedi-new-trailer-release-date-Mark-Hamill-leaks-Luke-Skywalker


https://talkiesnetwork.com/2017/09/21/director-rian-johnson-announces-that-post-production-has-wrapped-on-star-wars-the-last-jedi/

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/71o7w2/director_rian_johnson_announces_that_post/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 179
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 23
Location : The Hammond Creation Lab

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:48 pm

I'm getting excited for Rebels season 4.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jericho
Embryo
Embryo


Posts : 24
Join date : 2017-08-22

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:09 am

Um, alright.. Is Po Damron a traitor? "BB-8 huh?" "Only name, given, given, what's for?" "Well I ain't usin it! BB, huh? how about Bob, can I call you Bob?" "Wait what?"

like, what's human, to that guy? FN2187, isn't a real name, but his "friend" BB-8, doesn't need one? He's not, human, to Po?
as in, has humanity?

What's the message BB-8 got, exactly? A ploy? A, map to Luke? We're sure that the map wasn't, Rey, and the message warned BB-8, who was, the trusted pilot referred to in the opener?
Who else could find Skywalker but a jedi kid?
a star map? what?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:06 pm

jericho wrote:
Um, alright.. Is Po Damron a traitor? "BB-8 huh?" "Only name, given, given, what's for?" "Well I ain't usin it! BB, huh? how about Bob, can I call you Bob?" "Wait what?"

like, what's human, to that guy? FN2187, isn't a real name, but his "friend" BB-8, doesn't need one? He's not, human, to Po?
as in, has humanity?

What's the message BB-8 got, exactly? A ploy? A, map to Luke? We're sure that the map wasn't, Rey, and the message warned BB-8, who was, the trusted pilot referred to in the opener?
Who else could find Skywalker but a jedi kid?
a star map? what?

I don't understand any of this? Are you using Google translate? Do you not speak English well? I'm not being condescending, but I cane barely make out what any of this is asking.

Why does BB-8 not have a name? BB-8 is his name. Droids get designations, FN-2187 feels wrong because Finn is a person, and individual. R2-D2 didn't get another name. C-3PO didn't. They just got called shorter versions of their names.

BB-8's message wasn't a message, it was a piece of a map to Luke. Rey got involved because of the Force, but had Rey went on back and not gotten involved, they still would've gotten the map. Now, the Resistance may have been destroyed and then no one would've gone looking for Luke, but Rey had more to do with everyone still being alive (And even then, not really because she got captured, escaped, and the only major thing she did was fight Kylo since Han and Chewie set the explosives that got the X-Wings into the oscillator.), than really anything to do with map. Her being force sensitive made her a good choice to go find Luke, since Leia was still in charge of the Resistance.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 26
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:41 am

Also, technically BeeBee can be considered its sapientized/humanized name.

Monday Night Football is a good choice for a trailer because ESPN is owned by Disney and that is their only NFL game every week.

As for Poe, he is not a traitor.


Finally, Kathleen Kennedy seems to be controlling because she is taking her role as custodian to Lucas's legacy seriously. She wants to continue the vision he had as best she can. Which is why things such as Sith don't exist in the current trilogy. She is no different than Kevin Feige.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:17 pm

Scott B wrote:
Finally, Kathleen Kennedy seems to be controlling because she is taking her role as custodian to Lucas's legacy seriously. She wants  to continue the vision he had as best she can. Which is why things such as Sith don't exist in the current trilogy. She is no different than Kevin Feige.

But other then Ant-Man, which had a troubled development, I don't recall the MCU having this much trouble with finding the right director. Yeah, Whedon was kind of forced out, but I'm not sure if that was Perlmutter or Feige who did it. I want to blame Perlmutter since he was the master of all things Marvel, including the MCU at that time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 26
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:31 pm

The point was both exhibit control over their realms in an absolute manner. It all goes through and must be approved by them. The MCU has made mistakes, hiring Shane Black. And then yeah Ant-Man and Age of Ultron issues. I am more inclined Feige was more involved than Perlmutter but then again maybe not. We will see if problems happen again now that Kevin doesn't have him butting in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1223
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:34 pm

jericho wrote:
Um, alright.. Is Po Damron a traitor? "BB-8 huh?" "Only name, given, given, what's for?" "Well I ain't usin it! BB, huh? how about Bob, can I call you Bob?" "Wait what?"

like, what's human, to that guy? FN2187, isn't a real name, but his "friend" BB-8, doesn't need one? He's not, human, to Po?
as in, has humanity?

What's the message BB-8 got, exactly? A ploy? A, map to Luke? We're sure that the map wasn't, Rey, and the message warned BB-8, who was, the trusted pilot referred to in the opener?
Who else could find Skywalker but a jedi kid?
a star map? what?

Finn betrayed the First Order, not Poe.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:00 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 26
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:05 pm

Last Jedi is the longest of all saga flicks to date.

Not sure if that is great though as it tops Attack of the Clones. Though to be fair, Revenge of the Sith was much too short and should have had the title. IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:06 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
A Jedi Master named Jocasta Nu winded up up surviving the Jedi Purge/Order 66.

The librarian? Interesting. She was originally killed off in the Revenge of the Sith videogame.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2949
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:21 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
A Jedi Master named Jocasta Nu winded up up surviving the Jedi Purge/Order 66.

The librarian? Interesting. She was originally killed off in the Revenge of the Sith videogame.

Well, the property is now Disney's so ret-conning was inevitable.

By the way, since TLJ trailer will be coming out on Monday Night Football, do you think the fan boycotts will damage how many people seeing it, or will they wait until they see it and then turn the TV's off/turn the channel, or will they just wait until it goes on You Tube?
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:32 pm

YouTube. Besides, tickets go on sale right after and I know lots are going to want them, so they’ll be hopping online around that time one way or the other.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 26
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:58 pm

Last Jedi trailer will air during Bears vs Vikings game on ESPN at halftime.

Source: The game.


EDIT: Actual Source: TLJ trailer news

EDIT: EDIT: Disney is very.....touchy about trailers. No guarantee it will drop on YouTube RIGHT after it airs. It could but they still haven't shown the Avengers one publicly.

The game isn't a very appealing one so that will hurt the audience but I expect a spike at halftime.

Plus they can be on fandango while watching it. Instead of splitting time on two tabs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 26
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:06 pm

DPFAR: Well, I don't know what to think. But Rey Mary Sue people may be in for a foot in mouth thing. All that said, besides Kylo (the real apparent star of TLJ it looks like) Finn and Poe have the best stories.


Overall outlook, spoilers if you don't want to be spoiled then don't look.
Spoiler:
 


Trailer drop here:
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1036
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Scott B wrote:
DPFAR: Well, I don't know what to think. But Rey Mary Sue people may be in for a foot in mouth thing. All that said, besides Kylo (the real apparent star of TLJ it looks like) Finn and Poe have the best stories.


Overall outlook, spoilers if you don't want to be spoiled then don't look.
Spoiler:
 


Trailer drop here:

I also really believe at the beginning

Spoiler:
 

My theater started selling tickets like 2 hours early... so blessed to get one. I was one of the last few good seats. My theater has required reserved seating.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 222
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 26
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:44 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Scott B wrote:
DPFAR: Well, I don't know what to think. But Rey Mary Sue people may be in for a foot in mouth thing. All that said, besides Kylo (the real apparent star of TLJ it looks like) Finn and Poe have the best stories.


Overall outlook, spoilers if you don't want to be spoiled then don't look.
Spoiler:
 


Trailer drop here:

I also really believe at the beginning

Spoiler:
 

My theater started selling tickets like 2 hours early... so blessed to get one. I was one of the last few good seats. My theater has required reserved seating.

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 390
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:26 am

Awesome trailer, cannot wait for December!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The Star Wars thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 12 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Official Star Wars Thread
» Vintage Star Wars calendars on Ebay!
» COX Star Wars R/C Landspeeder What is it worth?
» Star Wars Birthday party for Colorado girl
» May KC Legoland Star Wars Weekends 5/4-5/13

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: