Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.

HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

FCM: HD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaspino2

PostSubject: FCM: HD   Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:08 pm

Hello everyone Very Happy! This thread will be dedicated to the FCM:HD. For those of you who do not know what this mod is it was an attempt about 2 years ago to recreate the FCM made by the JPL mod team using the latest advances in JPOG. Many people have worked hard on this mod over its development and the amount of progress that has been made would not have been possible without them.

Now for what the mod will include :
-New HD canon skins for dinosaurs seen in the original 3 JP movies
-New HD vanilla upgrades for all the dinosaurs who weren't seen in the movies but are present in JPOG (ex. dryosaurus)
-New dinosaurs featured in the "Missing Nublar List". Complete with HD skins, sounds and models.
-A revamped environment (new trees, grass, terrain, sky, lighting, etc.)
-Added sounds for certain dinosaurs (ex. the rex male will not only look like the bull from TLW, he will also sound like him)

Skins only

JP rex:

JP raptor:

JP brachio with gray variant:

JP para:

JP trike:

JP galli:

Dilopho:

TLW female rex:

TLW bull rex:

Pachy:

TLW para:

TLW stego:

TLW raptor:

JP3 rex:

Spino:

JP3 raptors:

JP3 para:

Cory:

Anky:

JP3 brachio:

JP3 stego:

Cerato:

JP3 trike:

Animatronic Rex:

JPTG para:

Animatronic Trike:

herrera:

troodon:

mamenchi:

bary:

segi:

compy:

procerato:

metri:

Apato:

Allo:

carcha:

kentro:

styrac:

toro:

alberto:

acro:

homalo:

ourano:

edmonto:

Weather updates:

sunny:

heatwave:

light rain:

hurricane:

Trees:

Spoiler:

Model updates : coming soon

Credits: Thanks to JPOG modder DPJ for contributing some of the base skins. Thanks to Mayer for your HD skin upgrades and skins and thanks to FTK for his continued work on the trees, models and environment.  

A Facebook page containing videos showcasing the sounds will be posted soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:11 pm

Still looking beautiful! Can't wait for this one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
EchoGreen
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:07 am

Ooh, just noticed the new Metriacanthosaurus. Nice work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:27 am

Thanks guys, the FB page is now up and running, please like and share if you can. Video updates will be posted there, in fact, three new sound samples have just been posted.

https://www.facebook.com/JPOGFCMHD/

More updates to come!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRK
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:41 am

So glad you brought his here.

CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:26 am

Eeeee! So excited to see this here! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Jurassic Gabo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:41 pm

Wonderful for JPOG is good to see him over here and have saved this project for the last two years.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://jurassicgabo.deviantart.com/
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:42 pm

How's this for a new deathduel sound?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:05 pm

Thanks for the support guys!

FTK: I do actually like that a lot, perhaps we could do one for the male and the rest of the death duels as well? BTW, how did you get the camera to shake during the roar? It gave it a nice cinematic effect.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingGrimlock
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:13 am

So happy to see this awesome looking mod here! Very excited for when this is released.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EtherealOcean
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:55 pm

I'm liking that as a death duel sound for the female rex. It sounds epic. Very Happy

I've watched all the sound videos on the Facebook page for this mod, and I especially love the soundset for the Velociraptors. With regard to sounds, I did notice two things though: (1) when the rex dies in a death duel with the Spinosaur it plays one sound twice in a row; and (2) the sound of the large carnivore footfalls (I noticed it most on videos with the Spinosaurus in) has this echo to it like the animals are stomping on metal or something. Is it possible for either/both of these to be fixed?

Also, does the Baryonix have a new skin? I noticed the pictures of it on the Facebook page give it a greener hue than the brown one shown in the first post of this thread! I like it, it's like a combination between its TLW PSX look and its toy colouration. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
alexmayer
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:14 pm

Yeah I updated pretty much all of the vanilla skins, including changing the baryonyx colour to the green version as well as texture upgrades. The brown felt a bit boring and generic to me. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:39 pm

EtherealOcean wrote:
I've watched all the sound videos on the Facebook page for this mod, and I especially love the soundset for the Velociraptors. With regard to sounds, I did notice two things though: (1) when the rex dies in a death duel with the Spinosaur it plays one sound twice in a row; and (2) the sound of the large carnivore footfalls (I noticed it most on videos with the Spinosaurus in) has this echo to it like the animals are stomping on metal or something. Is it possible for either/both of these to be fixed?

Also, does the Baryonix have a new skin? I noticed the pictures of it on the Facebook page give it a greener hue than the brown one shown in the first post of this thread! I like it, it's like a combination between its TLW PSX look and its toy colouration. Smile

Yeah, I have to fix some of the death duel stuff. When I was first doing it I took some of the footfall and stomping sounds out for vocals but then realized that there wasn't any sounds of the animals moving around in the fight Razz. That sound of the spino has to be tweaked, what's giving you that impression is because the actual spino stomp I took that off of wasn't great. I'll try to tone it down a bit so it blends a bit better and therefore sounds less metallic.

I'm glad you like the raptor sounds BTW. I was quite disappointed with how they turned out actually. There were very few slots to use for new sounds so I couldn't achieve the kind of vocalization I hoped for.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jurassic Gabo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:27 pm

FTKchuuNINJA wrote:

FTKchuuNINJA Wow, what an incredible work with sounds for duels, I loved when the female attacks, hear so clean and natural. I congratulate

And Megaspino, also an outstanding job with the sounds of the raptors, however if you have the posiblilidad, you could change some of the sounds Raptors The Lost World as the kind of mix between purr and call that makes him one of specimens attacks Malcolm on the remnants of the Jeep, or the sound of agony when Kelly  attack the raptor would sound great especially when the raptor dies in the game or is injured.

Last edited by Jurassic Gabo on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gojira2014
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:15 pm

FTKchuuNINJA wrote:

OK, this HAS to be the final sound! This is FAR better than the default sounds!
Also, Megaspino, I really liked the Raptor sounds. I still think TLW Raptors could have some different ones, but other than that, excellent! WHen can we see another sound video?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EtherealOcean
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:07 pm

alexmayer wrote:
The brown felt a bit boring and generic to me. Wink
I think the green helps distinguish it a bit more from Spinosaurus as well.

On the subject of skins, I know the plan's to move on from working on them to focus on the models and sounds for the dinos, but I did notice a few things that could be worth addressing before the final release:

(1) There are a couple of joint issues on the Metri: where the neck meets the body, and where the body meets the tops of the legs.
(2) The teeth on the Metri look a bit odd - perhaps using the teeth from Allosaurus could work better? Or reskinning Metri's teeth to replicate their arrangement on the JW Metri design?
(3) The Dilo is still missing its top lip (it has its bottom lip). Razz
(4) The Albertosaurus looks a bit low-res compared to the other dinosaurs in this mod, especially the head - there's just something about it, it looks fuzzy! Maybe it looks better in-game than it does in the photo above.
(5) The Gallis look really shiny or glossy compared to the other dinosaurs (maybe with the exception of the Apato's neck and head, but it doesn't look so odd on the Apato as it does on the Gallis). The Galli skin also has the same joint issues as the Metri (neck to body, and body to the top of the legs). That wasn't a problem in the vanilla skin, so maybe applying the film-canon colouration and pattern to the vanilla skin and HD'ing that might look better?

Apart from those points, though, everything else looks amazing! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:49 pm

for the spino victory duel I used the exact sounds in the fight and tried to match it with the deathduel and honestly, it turned out pretty damn well if u asked me! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gojira2014
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:41 pm

FTKchuuNINJA wrote:
for the spino victory duel I used the exact sounds in the fight and tried to match it with the deathduel and honestly, it turned out pretty damn well if u asked me! Very Happy
When can we hear it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:34 am

Man, oh man! It's great to see this mod back on the rails at JP Portal, as usual I love the amount of detail in the new dinosaur skins and how well they match the movies.  Very Happy

If I did have one gripe, it would be that the Carcharodontosaurus skin just doesn't leap out to me; while the vanilla skin was fairly unrealistic it was admittedly cool to look at. I'm fine with changing the skin to match the aesthetic of the dinos in the JP series, but thats the one I feel is the weak link.

But aside from that, I look forward to more updates on the mod in the future!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:38 pm

I've managed to make a better looking sky. And I've decided, I'm going to simplify the tml so everyone can sample my cooking faster. So definitely Sorna trees are a download. Nublar tml is 80% done.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:17 am

What you mean they they are a download? They are going to be after the mod comes out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Faelrin
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:11 am

Nice to see how this mod's still coming along. Also nice video and sounds there, FTKchuuNINJA. I like the screen shaking for the roar too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:48 pm

The Sorna trees will be a DLC since the forty trees tml I made will all be Nublar's for now. Soo much planning for the biomes lead me to halt the Sorna trees in making the Nublar set along with the sky and environment blend with each other. Some of the trees are actually potted trees only for the paths.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gojira2014
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:02 pm

FTKchuuNINJA wrote:
The Sorna trees will be a DLC since the forty trees tml I made will all be Nublar's for now. Soo much planning for the biomes lead me to halt the Sorna trees in making the Nublar set along with the sky and environment blend with each other. Some of the trees are actually potted trees only for the paths.
Sounds good to me. When can we hear more sound effects?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:49 pm

I need to record some more. I was going to do the brachio but it takes a bit of time to do; they don't always do the sound you want them to do when you're recording it. I'm still working on the models but I'm finished with the release day DLC. It will be a single dinosaur but the identity will not be revealed until the DLC is up, I'm sure it will please though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gojira2014
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:14 pm

Very well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:43 pm

What about the carnotaurus that ftk made? It will not be included or it will be amother dlc
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:51 am

This particular dinosaur isn't FTK's carno. It's something me and Mayer came up with; he did the skin and I made the model.

I have some screenshots of the apato model and the updated anky model, take a look :

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The apato came out okay but the hip/upper thigh area was becoming a bit concave so I tried to fix that as much as I could. The anky looks good only I may need to increase the height of the head to match the neck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LeahMcFallFan
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Jun 24, 2016 6:03 am

Great! Can't wait to see more!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jurassic Gabo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:13 pm

Megaspino2 wrote:
This particular dinosaur isn't FTK's carno. It's something me and Mayer came up with; he did the skin and I made the model.

I have some screenshots of the apato model and the updated anky model, take a look :

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The apato came out okay but the hip/upper thigh area was becoming a bit concave so I tried to fix that as much as I could. The anky looks good only I may need to increase the height of the head to match the neck.

WOW DUDE! I love the models made for the Ankylosaurus,and the Apatosaurus looks majestic; a beautiful job. I think about that dinosaur will be to surprise the DLC, I can not wait any longer.
Back to top Go down
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:57 pm

speaking of updates and stuff, if you've watched "The Hunt" video I uploaded to youtube, you can clearly see the newer improved male rex model with a more better looking neck than my old model.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gojira2014
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:53 pm

I like it! So, in your last video, the Queen of Nublar, is the death duel sound for this mod or just something you patched together?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
steventong007
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:06 am

FTH WHY DIDN'T RLY MY MESSAGE?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:38 am

Many apologies Steven. I read ur message and sent a reply.

As for the sounds, if Megaspino2 approves of it I will add it to the FCM:HD. In the meantime, I will post a video for the spino victory, and the following video are that will be the prelude to the epic battle for a surprise model I've been working on in my spare time aside from the FCM:HD.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:37 pm

Sure, I do like how you've done the death duels; I was curious though, can you do the same thing you did for the female rex with the male sounds?

Also here's a new sound video, the troodon:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
EtherealOcean
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:14 pm

Man, those sounds are so chilling! Very Happy Many of them have an echo-like effect at the end though, was that intentional? (I remember from the game that their clicking sound, at least, could carry over a long distance.) Actually - this may be too much in the realm of behavioral modification, but would it be possible to make other carnivores express fear when they hear the Troodon's clicking call?

As for the Apato and Anky models, they're both fantastic. I especially love the Anky! Considering the limitations of the Camara model however, will the Mamenchi be able to be properly proportioned?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EchoGreen
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:17 pm

Just a little nitpick: the Troodon should mainly use clicking sounds. If I'm not wrong, the elk screeches were used whenever they were in pain.

Also, hearing the elk screech repeatedly will become very annoying after a while.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EtherealOcean
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:17 am

I agree; the clicks and 'bark' sounds should be the most common. Though from what I could tell, I think they only use the elk screech vocalization when they spot prey and rush at it. Another good point as well, Echo - Megaspino, what sound do the Troodon make when they're in pain?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:24 am

They don't do the elk cry that much. The raptor inx has three slots for attacking sounds, two were used for the elk call, the other was given the leopard growl.  There's one other elk call that it rarely does after pouncing on prey. They do the leopard calls more than anything though; I wanted the hisses and clicks to be the main call they use to communicate but the hisses don't mix well with the bark animations.

In jptg they do the elk calls at random points when attacking but there is a strong correlation to them using the elk screams most frequently when being injured. I'll try to see if I can improve on that a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gojira2014
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Understandable. Now, about the Brachio's, with all due respect, how hard is it to find sound effects for them? If anything, it should actually be one of the easiest dinosaurs to find sounds for
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:08 pm

It wasn't so much searching for the sounds as it was trying to get them to do the sounds instead of repeating the same ones. In particular there's one sound they make when they eat (it's the sound the brachio makes when it goes in for the branch in jp.) However, I got the footage i needed and I'll upload it in a bit.

Edit: Here's the brachio sound sample :

https://youtu.be/VuErWmbth_Y

The sounds are nice but one thing that I saw when I was putting the clips together was the brachios do that one call too much (the one from the beginning.) I'm going to see if I can fix that because it does bother me somewhat.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gojira2014
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:51 pm

I like it! Can't wait to hear the male Brachio's! After that, what dinosaur will you do next?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dutch_spinosaurus
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:57 pm

So far, it is really amazing what you are now, at this point in time, with both sounds and skins.
Can't Remember anyone or anything with so much giving his heart and soul to a project taking so much time, even with your own RL.

I cant say enough, other then i have respect for you mate!!!

Greetings from Holland
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:09 pm

Can't wait until this comes out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
EtherealOcean
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:22 pm

I agree, that one Brachio sound does occur a bit too much. Razz Still though, they sound fantastic. In the scene in Jurassic Park where Alan and the kids are listening to the Brachiosaurs calling to one another while up in a tree, there's a low call that one of the Brachiosaurs makes that I think would be better for the one they use often, answered if possible by the response the other Brachiosaurs make in that scene (that's probably very difficult to achieve, though).

In adherence to JW canon, are you going to give the Apatosaurs the same vocalisations as the Brachs, and potentially keep the Camara calls for the Mamenchis (which I don't think make any vocalisations in their scene in TLW)?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   

Back to top Go down

FCM: HD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: Expanded Lore :: JP: Operation Genesis-
Jump to: