Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.

HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

FCM: HD

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Sorry for the lack of updates, currently I'm waiting for my new computer to ship so for the time being I am without one. It should be getting to me sometime soon; when I get and hook it up I will continue to work on this mod. Until then though, I can't do anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Any news about the biomes packs?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deinocoop
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:01 pm

I'm just going to give this pack til the end of the year before I can dive in any deeper.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eddy99
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:43 pm

any updates? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deinocoop
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:13 pm

I doubt that there's going to be any updates here for the longest time (much to Dragon Scale's dismay), so kick back and enjoy a good hobby and/or school & work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu May 04, 2017 4:39 pm

I currently can't really work on any updates; most of the work that I could do is done and the pack was delayed due to me wanting to implement new reworked models for all the dinosaurs. Jaml, who was helping me with modeling, has not been on in some time and without any new UVs I can't tweak skins to apply to models. I could try modeling myself but at this current point I just don't have the time. Summer break starts soon though, so if I don't hear from Jaml or can get anyone else to help with modeling then I could try to relearn to model again.

Messed around with some new shading options, I really like what came out of it; I even got to put in a vintage JP filter:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dinonerd343
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat May 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Megaspino2 wrote:
I currently can't really work on any updates; most of the work that I could do is done and the pack was delayed due to me wanting to implement new reworked models for all the dinosaurs. Jaml, who was helping me with modeling, has not been on in some time and without any new UVs I can't tweak skins to apply to models. I could try modeling myself but at this current point I just don't have the time. Summer break starts soon though, so if I don't hear from Jaml or can get anyone else to help with modeling then I could try to relearn to model again.

Messed around with some new shading options, I really like what came out of it; I even got to put in a vintage JP filter:

Spoiler:

This looks awesome
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troodon
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat May 06, 2017 5:56 pm

Nice! How do you be able to make that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat May 06, 2017 6:16 pm

I used a program called reshade; it works by first changing the lighting files to something more modern and then you can manipulate the lighting in game. There's a lot of different effects that you can create so it's quite flexible. I do believe you have to have a decent computer to make it work though, so not everyone will have the option.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat May 06, 2017 8:10 pm

like how flexible are we talking? would this theoretically let you change it to nighttime in-game whenever you want?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat May 06, 2017 8:38 pm

Quite flexible; if you booted the program up yourself you could create a night lighting I think. You wouldn't be able to have it on a cycle though, but you could apply it at will.

What you're seeing in that photo is first a ambient lighting effect, on top of that there's a color correction, a bloom effect that doesn't look like a super nova and a curve lighting effected (which is necessary to counteract some of the bloom.) There's also a foggy quality that has been added, it didn't work super well because of limitations with the game itself but atleast it looks like there's an actual atmosphere/humidity now.

The final thing I added was a sepia filter that was a pinkish color. It makes the game have that VHS/original JP redish filter. This could be done for all the movies including the JW blue-green filter (I actually tried it and it looks surprisingly accurate.)

There's a bunch of filters you can add like motion blur, a pixel filter, a color improvement filter (which makes the game look like ES Oblivion) and many more that I can't recall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jpog2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sun May 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Hey megaspino , what's your project for indominus rex ? I just saw your ultimasaurus and it's incredible ! Can we see some picture of your skin or model ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sun May 07, 2017 10:59 pm

Megaspino2 wrote:
Quite flexible; if you booted the program up yourself you could create a night lighting I think. You wouldn't be able to have it on a cycle though, but you could apply it at will.

What you're seeing in that photo is first a ambient lighting effect, on top of that there's a color correction, a bloom effect that doesn't look like a super nova and a curve lighting effected (which is necessary to counteract some of the bloom.) There's also a foggy quality that has been added, it didn't work super well because of limitations with the game itself but atleast it looks like there's an actual atmosphere/humidity now.

The final thing I added was a sepia filter that was a pinkish color. It makes the game have that VHS/original JP redish filter. This could be done for all the movies including the JW blue-green filter (I actually tried it and it looks surprisingly accurate.)

There's a bunch of filters you can add like motion blur, a pixel filter, a color improvement filter (which makes the game look like ES Oblivion) and many more that I can't recall.
interesting. perhaps this could be "shipped" with the mod via changes to the weather mechanic where not only are other changes to the weather included but also changes so that there's "extra" versions of all the weather patterns using those filters to give a bit of variety to the lighting, since not every single day in real-life will look the same as another. could add a bit more realism and another element of the can inspiration.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Mon May 08, 2017 12:07 pm

65 million years into the future:
The fcm download link is ready.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Mon May 08, 2017 8:03 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
interesting. perhaps this could be "shipped" with the mod via changes to the weather mechanic where not only are other changes to the weather included but also changes so that there's "extra" versions of all the weather patterns using those filters to give a bit of variety to the lighting, since not every single day in real-life will look the same as another. could add a bit more realism and another element of the can inspiration.

It definitely will be packed with the mod so that people don't have a hard time downloading reshade or anything like that. I like the idea of having different presets for different weather, I'll look into it. I don't think there's a way to save more than one preset at a time but I could create a list for people to copy and apply in game; would be useful for anyone wanting to make a Youtube series or something.

Dragon Scales : I assume you think you could create this pack any faster? I have a life outside of this game, a life that involves school, my future career, work and my family/friends. Plus I don't exactly want to use all of my free gaming time to always mod this game. Would you rather have me just release the mod unfinished?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Mon May 08, 2017 9:20 pm

First place : it was just a little joke. Sorry if I you take it so personal.
Second: I have also have a life that Involes lots of college, future planning for career , work, and social life.Pretty much as you ( without comparing). I have been planing something after the release of this mod but it seems tha I will have to sacrifice it due that I am always handle other things.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Mon May 08, 2017 11:13 pm

Dragon Scales wrote:
First  place : it was just a little joke. Sorry if I you take it so personal.
Second: I have also have a life that Involes lots of college, future planning for career , work, and social life.Pretty much as you ( without comparing). I have been planing something after the release of this mod but it seems tha I will have  to sacrifice it due that I am always handle other things.

I did not realize it was a joke, it's kind of hard to differentiate a joke from a jab on the internet without the use of smileys; I look forward to seeing your project.

Anyway I messed around with Osh's idea with different filter settings for different weathers, I think it came out pretty nice:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPGrid06
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Tue May 09, 2017 12:07 am

Is that JPOG? Doesn't even look like the same game anymore affraid  Looking great Mega!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Tue May 09, 2017 8:58 am

Bwahahaha it's not even with the full effect yet. as soon as I get word from Jaml (who is surprisingly helping with the trees as well) then we'll have a completely new game.

BTW, again due to time constraints and lack of productivity in my mind, I haven't been able to dish out what I've been saying most of the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chopperface
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed May 10, 2017 10:20 am

Dragon Scales wrote:

Yeah that was a really uncalled jab you're trying to pass off as a joke. I don't buy it. It's one thing to ask for an update, but you incessantly ask even when they ask you to be patient and now you're making jabs about the time needed for mods to be finished. I also think it's unfair of you to say that you to sacrifice something depending on FCM being released, just to put more pressure on the makers of this mod. Additionally, "sorry you take it so personally" isn't an apology either, it's a backhanded way of saying "it's too bad you were offended by what I said."

I would ask you to have patience but that's clearly not a courtesy you wish to extend to Megaspino and company.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deinocoop
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed May 10, 2017 12:20 pm

chopperface has a good point. It takes a constant habit of incessantly asking artists for updates, and jabbing those artists about their steady progress to cause a major downfall that can make for a lot of trouble. If you want something done your way, you'll have to do it yourself, and if you can't be patient about other people's work, why stick around here?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed May 10, 2017 4:15 pm

Stay on topic please, and DragonScales, watch your words.

Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed May 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Chopperface wrote:
Dragon Scales wrote:

Yeah that was a really uncalled jab you're trying to pass off as a joke. I don't buy it. It's one thing to ask for an update, but you incessantly ask even when they ask you to be patient and now you're making jabs about the time needed for mods to be finished. I also think it's unfair of you to say that you to sacrifice something depending on FCM being released, just to put more pressure on the makers of this mod. Additionally, "sorry you take it so personally" isn't an apology either, it's a backhanded way of saying "it's too bad you were offended by what I said."

I would ask you to have patience but that's clearly not a courtesy you wish to extend to Megaspino and company.

I don't care if you if you consider it a joke or not. And if you haven't notice it its been a long time since I made coment regarding about the updates of the mod. I didn't meant to blame megaspino for the choice of give up of working in my project when I was talking to sacrifice my plans. You don't know nothing about me so please don't talk to me. My comments are just made with the purpose of inform myself and not to pressure the modder. I should have said "my most sincere apologies" to Megaspino instead of " sorry if you take it so personally". If I have said so your critics will just be away.
Deinocoop, please let's not repeat what happened in jplegacy page. Mind your own business.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu May 11, 2017 5:42 am

Alrighty, let's bring the hostility down a tad, shall we?

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRK
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu May 11, 2017 6:35 am

Fish are friends not food. Razz let us not go into that trap. We don't want to be that guy.

Eddy99
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat May 13, 2017 4:23 am

do the different t-rexes act differently from each other? like is the sub adult less territorial than rexy or the TLW buck?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jpog2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat May 13, 2017 4:35 am

Is the indominus is present in the mod ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat May 13, 2017 10:47 am

@Eddy99: Well, what appears is that (not a finished product) Rexy is passive towards the males unless there is food she wants, but less aggressive to the sub adult than the buck, to whom she spends time chasing away from the carcass. On the other hand both males are territorial so most likely they'll duke it out (cuz boys will be boys).

Edit: Small update.

There's nothing wrong with just a taste of what you've waited for....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat May 13, 2017 4:20 pm

Beatiful and joyous!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat May 13, 2017 6:09 pm

Magnificent!! I actually love how the jungles now look like real jungles! Looking forward to this! I just hope my JP:OG disc is still in good shape...
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sat May 13, 2017 8:05 pm

damn, those are some beautiful plants Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eddy99
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed May 17, 2017 5:10 pm

Great trees! Also, are the raptors gonna be able attack the T-rex?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Sun May 21, 2017 10:46 am

Hi there, Film Canon HD mod. It's been too long. Smile

Megaspino: that's awesome that you took extra measures in implementing that filter into this mod. A dark and foreboding storm will greatly add to the atmosphere of this island. It looks like it will be some fun messing around with that reshader. Much, much appreciated!

FTK: as always, the showcasing of what we can expect to see of your jungles/biomes is one of the most anticipated areas of this mod for me. Beautiful, beautiful work!

This mod is going to be something special, and certain individuals need to understand that there are very few people working on this thing, in their limited free time. They want this to be as accurate as possible to the films, and to deliver to everyone something unique for JPOG. There is no arbitrary deadline. Patience, patience, patience.  

Eddy99 wrote:
do the different t-rexes act differently from each other? like is the sub adult less territorial than rexy or the TLW buck?

This can be accomplished in theory, but it's tricky -- and one tedious mission to tackle. It would be possible through .nwt editing -- making slightly altered .nwts for each T.rex so that their tendencies are distinguishable (for example, JP3 rex would be more fearful of TLW Buck/Bull and "Rexy" and TLW Doe would be tolerant of eachother). I had previously been putting in the time on-and-off to get a fully functioning TLW rex pair .nwt edit, but I ran (repeatedly) into a brick wall (because of that darned [HUNGER] mechanic), which finally forced me to take a break from those mind-numbing files and JPOG in general. So, my previous method (T.rex Multiples Just Want to Get Along Thread) is still my latest advancement of that mod. The [HUNGER] issue appears to be something that needs .fsm editing, which I'm not familiar with doing. Sad

It would be nice if it were as simple to get the desired result as making some changes in the Perception Inputs/Outputs. I mean, you'd think that's what would work but...

I'm confident that I could get a working version of the question that you asked, but it would require more time than I have at the moment. This, of course, would involve lots of testing as it relates to compatibility with Spino, Indominus, and each T.rex variant (as my first priority would be Film Canon animals). But yeah, one day this could be a reality for JPOG. When (?), is the question...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Any updates? It's been a long time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deinocoop
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:53 am

Knowing the team, if they're not tied up with jobs & school, I'm sure they've got something wild in the works down at their secret laboratory, and I say secret because no samples are given until the team says otherwise. As for updates, small chance in the short term vs. high chance in the long term & I'd rather take the long term.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dragon Scales
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:18 pm

You probably right. Let's just wait because the team is unpredictable. FTK amused us with his video.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BoulderFaceplant
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:04 pm

Will there be any behavior changes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FTKchuuNINJA
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:29 am

If the team wants to use my raptor behaviors, I give full authorization to them. So I'll be doing a bit of tweaks to the Nublar environment. Just waiting on my shipment of seeds so you all can have not just diff types of grass in one game, but shrubs and small trees as well! Sorna trees are far from done seeing as the models themselves need special attention to detail if you want it to look perfect. On the brightside, I'm actually liking the results on the Nublar trees. Yup getting there. I'll post a video on the environment soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jpog2
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:37 am

this mod is dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
jaml655
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:48 pm

jpog2 wrote:
this mod is dead

It'll be ready when it's ready.

Did some more editing on the Rexes recently, they're still WIP:

Female/JP1:

Male:

Vanilla JPOG :

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:11 pm

Nice! I like the subtle differences in the snouts on the males and the females; great attention to detail. Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:43 pm

jpog2 wrote:
this mod is dead
P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPBrasil
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:28 pm

Project FCM HD died?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troodon
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:42 pm

All of the developers of this mod are humans and have a life,we just have to wait
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Great to know that jaml655 is still around. Very Happy

Awesome WIP's on the rexes. Here's a nice image comparing the head/facial differences between TLW Doe and Buck/Bull:
Spoiler:

I'm anxious to see some screens, or a video, showing off some of the new models in action, with skins (for Brach, TLW Stego, Compy, and Mamenchi mostly) after you guys have settled on something that you feel comfortable with (and whenever you have time, of course). FTK has delivered some beautiful screenshots. I've been totally out of the loop with what's been going on with the model processing tool and the current status of this mod in recent months.

Question: besides models, has equinox- tool allowed (or will potentially allow) for the altering of other areas of the game that were previously "unmoddable"?

Keep up the fantastic work everyone! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FCM: HD   

Back to top Go down

FCM: HD
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: Expanded Lore :: JP: Operation Genesis-
Jump to: