Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1

Go down 
+38
Jurassic Gabo
Crimsonraptor
Spiegel
Pachyrhinosaurus
Viperman
evolution_rex
K_Ozz92
TheRexMan22
Océane
BoulderFaceplant
Gondrasia
JP_Korea
V.a.nublarensis
Yankeetrex
TRK/TrexKing
1morey
Fossildude747
Aegyptiacus3
The Geeky Zoologist
Scott B
Dr. Wu
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Trexbreakout
Mysterious Hero M
Levine
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
SmugTheFab
Baryonyx111
Darth Spidey
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
BarrytheOnyx
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
dance2nite
TheDreamMaster
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 6:44 pm

If rescuing the animals from a volcanic eruption while others want them to perish, that's actually a pretty genius idea and something different. The Lost World had documentation that led to preventing the act of poaching and this, if true, is completely different.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 7:32 pm

How is that different from core TLW exactly?

Hammond wants to convince public not to have dinosaurs exploited/destroyed. At the dinosaur island, sort of 'LOST WORLD' if you will, group of people (one of which has previous experience with these animals) attempt to free the dinosaurs.

Party X wants to convince public not to have dinosaurs exploited/destroyed. At the dinosaur island, 'LOST WORLD' if you will, group of people (one or more who have previous experience with these animals) attempt to free the dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 7:35 pm

Yeah, they said the next movie would foccus on animal rights and stuff like this, I love this type of subject, and I think the volcano plot fits it. Owen, Claire and some animal activists wants to rescue the dinosaurs from Nublar to another safe place (Sorna?), while the rest of the world agrees in let nature wipe out the dinosaurs.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Mistral wrote:

Hammond wants to convince public not to have dinosaurs exploited/destroyed. At the dinosaur island, sort of 'LOST WORLD' if you will, group of people (one of which has previous experience with these animals) attempt to free the dinosaurs.

Party X wants to convince public not to have dinosaurs exploited/destroyed. At the dinosaur island, 'LOST WORLD' if you will, group of people (one or more who have previous experience with these animals) attempt to free the dinosaurs.

A. People are trying to free the dinosaurs by keeping them away from human interference, aka poaching them to the main land

B. If destruction of the island (whether it be from an active volcano or people bombing like in the first novel), trying to save what animals are on the island from dying off?

That's...pretty different if you ask me.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 7:55 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Mistral wrote:

A. People are trying to free the dinosaurs by keeping them away from human interference, aka poaching them to the main land

B. If destruction of the island (whether it be from an active volcano or people bombing like in the first novel), trying to save what animals are on the island from dying off?

If it's bombing / killing the dinosaurs then it is human interference, the same thing. Perhaps they even use the military plot from the previous film further (this is supposedly a trilogy right?)

Volcano or disease or whatever would bring mildly different aspect to it but still thematically the same.

Also, did someone say animal rights?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Latest?cb=20140911104019&path-prefix=protagonist

Intimate relationship with animals?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Julianne-moore-the-lost-world

Mans responsibility for creating them and public perspection?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Hqdefault
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Mistral wrote:

If it's bombing / killing the dinosaurs then it is human interference, the same thing. Perhaps they even use the military plot from the previous film further (this is supposedly a trilogy right?)

Volcano or disease or whatever would bring mildly different aspect to it but still thematically the same.

Also, did someone say animal rights?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Latest?cb=20140911104019&path-prefix=protagonist

Intimate relationship with animals?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Julianne-moore-the-lost-world

Mans responsibility for creating them and public perspection?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Hqdefault
Alright, calm down please. While there are similarities, just appreciate that there is going to be a JW2 at all.

Anyways, I'm not sure how I feel about a volcano plot, sounds cheesy for a dinosaur based franchise.

dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 1:27 am

I think Jurassic Outpost have hit the nail on the head for the most part, just wonder how characters like Wu, Toby Jones (presumably the villain?) etc come into the equation?
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 11:24 am

dance2nite wrote:
I think Jurassic Outpost have hit the nail on the head for the most part, just wonder how characters like Wu, Toby Jones (presumably the villain?) etc come into the equation?
Some are speculating that Wu is hidden on some part of Nublar or even Sorna still making dinosaurs and hybrids. Others speculate that Wu is not on JW2 and will probably be mentioned as still lost. Maybe they are saving him for JW3.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 4:54 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Some are speculating that Wu is hidden on some part of Nublar or even Sorna still making dinosaurs and hybrids. Others speculate that Wu is not on JW2 and will probably be mentioned as still lost. Maybe they are saving him for JW3.

I just hope if Wu is only mentioned in JW2 that he will finally appear in the flesh for JW3!
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 10:01 am

dance2nite wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

I just hope if Wu is only mentioned in JW2 that he will finally appear in the flesh for JW3!
At this point, all I ask is that they don't kill him offscreen. Would be so lame.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 1:12 pm

A very excited Justice Smith saying he will be filming Jurassic World 2 in London (wow) until June. I guess he has a quite big role then.

https://twitter.com/queenofnublar/status/823231195307802625

Thanks Ana for this find.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Call it jumping the gun, but I'm going to be very disappointed if this another "save the animals" plot, ala TLW. The setup sounds different, but at the same time, it sounds really similar, except now it'd raise the question of where to put these animals. Which, assuming they reference TLW and JP3, would just be Sorna, or one of the other Five Deaths Islands.

I know a lot of you guys aren't crazy on the hybrid idea going further, and I still want actual dinosaurs in my dinosaur sci-fi film, but given Bayona's horror and dark fantasy history, I was really hoping to see some horror work involving new hybrids. I know we'll never go into R-rated territory or anything like that, and we don't need to, but I built up some pretty crazy ideas in my head Bayona could do.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 5:57 pm

It doesn't matter who the director is, he just does what he is told by Marshalls, Spielberg and the writers. Just like Johnston and Trevorrow (whatever he may claim). They keep rotating these new directors, just like in Disney Star Wars, but what they want from them is safe safeness. Obviously there are some personal touches but they're not fully in charge.

I know everybody hates me for not liking JW AND not having the brightest outlook on this thing seemingly being yet another recycling story... which you know is kind of expected on fan forum of the said franchise. I'm not surprised by the reputation points, not really.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Mistral wrote:

I know everybody hates me for not liking JW AND not having the brightest outlook on this thing seemingly being yet another recycling story... which you know is kind of expected on fan forum of the said franchise.

It takes a lot to make me hate a person, and some within my real life friends and family don't particularly care much for Jurassic World, but that's no reason to hate any one of them. We should have contrasting opinions otherwise we'd all be saying the same thing. Personally, I've found a lot of your posts to be interesting in various ways, you succeeded in bolstering discussion and spirited debates. Not everyone here loves or even really likes Jurassic World, and certainly not to the same degree as we almost unilaterally love the original classic. And that's fine, that's what a healthy fan community is.

However, I don't deny that there is a limited scope for what a director can do with a Jurassic Park sequel. In truth, we don't know how much artistic freedom or how much difference will be allowed for Bayona's film, but I'd much rather have a degree of realistic optimism.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 7:36 pm

There's always a chance that this is gonna be decent, I mean the newest Star Trek was a surprise after the disaster that was the previous film, but if it the speculations are even half as true as with JW then... ehh.

I remember when the first rumblings of it being new park soft reboot came, I mean I honestly thought it was a joke. Fan fiction. Then we got those spy shots of the helicopter facility being under construction, and all that jazz bubbling in. Finally Trevorrow tweeting a pic titled "Nublar". Right there I know I was never going to like it, not really. I mean from that point even if it had been produced to perfection with the material available I knew there that the film was not going to be for me. That at most with such premise it was ever going to compete in the league of JP3. And yet I was still disappointed exiting the cinema, because there had at least been a chance that I could've beaten JP3. But no. It had individual alright elements here and there, I mean I did not rate it as 0/10 but 5/10 (which you know is more than Rogue One got from me) so there was some value, but "some value" is not enough for JP film to me.

So once again, if it happens that the premise here is same old same old, I will go into it with zero expectations... hoping I could still salvage something out of it but not hopeful at all. However as it's still just rumors, I guess I can still wait and not doom it right away.

However having said that, we can still comment on rumors can we... that's the heart of discussion forum Razz
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 10:23 pm

Hey, I don't hate you because of your opinions about JW. In fact, I agree with many points about why you hate it. If anyone hates you based on just a movie opinion, then that's their problem and they are really lame.  Very Happy

Anyway, I hope this Clint guy is cool, I really need one character to feel related too and like, otherwise...

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 4:12 am

I have faith in the new film, if not for any other reason than the quality people they seem to be putting in place. Maybe this is just blind faith, but it would shock me if a JP film directed by JA Bayona and with Oscar Faura on board as cinematographer turns out to be poor, even if the plot does turn out to be a bit of a rehash.

To Mistral: I may not agree with you on your anti-JW stance, but I do agree with your pro-Star Trek stance, so you're okay in my book Ooooh Right!

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 7:38 am

Cheers tongue
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 5:53 pm

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/jurassic-world-sequel-danielle-pineda-the-detour-1201967088/

New cast!! Lead character it seems!

Hope she is a scientist or a strong female character too. Also, I predict Owen and Claire relationship conflict because of this woman?

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 6:03 pm

I hope she surprises new audiences with her acting abilities. I checked her wikipedia page, and she hasn't appeared in anything as big as this, this will be interesting to see how she fares in a high profile franchise like this. And I can see her suiting the scientist part role, rather than love interest for Owen.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 6:22 pm

Hope she is a scientist, I really need at least 1 character in this new movie to be related to, Claire is cool for me, and I hope for another character that I like too. Would be too much to ask some sort of ties with Wu, so I'll keep my expetations low.

Let's see.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 11:13 am

I still think it needs a bigger name. Justice Smith was either 'Who...?' to 'meh' and I expect the same thing with her. I don't think anybody has heard of most of these new people before. At least people knew who Chris Pratt was via 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' and 'Parks And Recreation'.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 12:16 pm

One odd thing I've noticed on Facebook across various Jurassic Park groups is that there is a contingent of vocal people who are opposed to Justice Smith being cast, citing issues of racism, nepotism and other buzz-wordy, unsubstantiated accusation. I don't even know why; if someone has a little more insight into any controversies surrounding Smith that would be helpful.

It's odd that aside from Rafe Spall and Toby Jones, we aren't getting many distinguished character actors. On the one hand, the series doesn't go after the biggest stars at the time, but whoever fits the part. I also hope we do get more recognizable names in the future, to balance out the lesser known names.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 1:01 pm

I just think they don't believe in the guy. Let's face it, the fact that his most recent role was in the movie 'Paper Towns', which nobody saw/remembers, is, fairly or not, a strike on the guy.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 2:14 pm

Some older actors would be welcomed among these 'younglings'. If Liam Neeson shouting and bunching dinosaurs to face is too A-list, then at least someone like Charles Dance playing corporate asshole. And how about older actresses, they often get forgotten in Hollywood once they pass the certain age. Bring in Famke Janssen or like and give her something to do.

Are we sure that the annoying JW kids aren't going to be part of this one too? Reading these articles I thankfully did not find their names attached, nor on IMDB. The last thing I would want is Grant and Malcolm returns being rejected under the excuses of "impossible to write in" while having those two brats greenlighted again. Jesus Christ I'd rather even see the Kirby Family Circus or Nick van Greenpeace back than them. But thankfully they don't seem to be involved. Right, right?
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 2:26 pm

Mistral wrote:
Some older actors would be welcomed among these 'younglings'. If Liam Neeson shouting and bunching dinosaurs to face is too A-list, then at least someone like Charles Dance playing corporate asshole. And how about older actresses, they often get forgotten in Hollywood once they pass the certain age. Bring in Famke Janssen or like and give her something to do.

Are we sure that the annoying JW kids aren't going to be part of this one too? Reading these articles I thankfully did not find their names attached, nor on IMDB. The last thing I would want is Grant and Malcolm returns being rejected under the excuses of "impossible to write in" while those two brats greenlighted again. Jesus Christ I'd rather even see the Kirby Family Circus or Nick van Greenpeace back than them. But thankfully they don't seem to be involved. Right, right?

Agreed; a good mix of recognizable, named actors from movies or television would be great, rather than a lot of unknowns. Charles Dance is someone I could easily see fitting in, not just as a corporate douche but maybe a hunter type like Roland Tembo. I'm sure Bayona will be able to make something of them.

As for Zach and Grey, if they were going to be in the film we'd know be now. In fact, they probably would have been announced to be in the sequel as soon as Chris and Bryce were announced to be returning. Also, chill.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 2:33 pm

If we look at Jurassic Park, none of them was really "A-list" at the release of the film (Jackson wouldn't be until Pulp Fiction, Goldblum was there-or-there-abouts just as always, and Atternborough was more a wind from another time), however at the same time there weren't bunch of nobodys either. They were all established and at least "somewhat" known, even before the age of Internet. Even Laura Dern whom of you might think might have been a new face had been involved in the business for 20 years at the ago of 26.

Also Charles Dance should've played Tarkin in Rogue One, instead of that cartoon disgrace. Not that it would have saved the ship from sinking in my books but it would've made it more tolerable.

Oh and I am chill, very chill, as always, it's just my colorful tongue tongue
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 4:45 pm

Still cannot believe we haven't got Lucy's casting yet, she must be the final main character left to be announced? I also think Daniella will have more of supporting role only, like Omar Sy had in JW, doubt they would cast someone with little film experience in a leading role?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 5:52 pm

I wouldn't mind Nick coming back. I've personally wondered what happened to Eric Kirby after his little 'field trip'. Just him though. Kill off his mother off screen via massive car crash with oil tanker. Let the father live though, since at least he had some degree of common sense.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I wouldn't mind Nick coming back. I've personally wondered what happened to Eric Kirby after his little 'field trip'. Just him though. Kill off his mother off screen via massive car crash with oil tanker. Let the father live though, since at least he had some degree of common sense.

I would be kinda open to Nick or Eric coming back in some small capacity. Though I would prefer Grant or Malcolm, but we'll see what's in store.

Also your suggestion of Amanda being killed in an oil tanker explosion gets my vote of approval!! Amazing! lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1
Page 10 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 22 ... 34  Next