Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 
 

 General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1263
Points : 1905
Reputation : 21
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Sat Aug 27, 2016 3:03 pm

No ones trying to flame anyone or trying to get anyone riled up...but wanting everything thrown at the fandom before they even start to film leaves us with a year of essentially inactivity in terms of news. Let it come when it comes. If we had the cast list, the title of the film, the plot, and everything else inbetween now? The excitement would die down quickly.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation (1994).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E6).
Last Video Game Played: Madden '18 (XBO).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 425
Points : 973
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:57 pm

Bryce talks a little bit about how she is losing weight in preparation for the sequel :

"Now, I am getting ready for (the) Jurassic (sequel) with fitness and all that."

Also :

"The actor is confident she’ll be equipped with a pair of flats for untitled sequel in which she is rumoured to have a larger role after director Colin Trevorrow, who takes a producer’s credit on the follow-up, coined the hashtag #NoHeels2018"

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/new-movies/petes-dragon-star-bryce-dallas-howard-on-body-image-depression-and-firebreathing-costars/news-story/9f9d8237231049cc0c8c4df7f516830a

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 957
Points : 3080
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:12 pm

The heels thing we've known since...last year? Yeah the fitness thing isn't really surprising. Starting a fitness regiment is actually pretty standard for any big action movie.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 425
Points : 973
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:18 pm

No not the heels thing, the rumoured larger role sentence, I mean she already had a big role in JW. Sounds like she will be the main character of the sequel over Owen again. Also have to consider Chris Pratt will be busy with GOTG2 & Avengers stuff next year so his filming window will be limited compared to Bryce's.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 885
Points : 1438
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:02 am

It's quite dead now...I think the title should be announced soon...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trexbreakout
Embryo
Embryo


Posts : 36
Points : 575
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-09

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:18 pm

wasnt the title of JW revealed in september before it started filming?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 957
Points : 3080
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:04 pm

yeah it was, but who knows with this production. Anyway I think October for something substantial.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 310
Points : 892
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:10 am



Thanks Ana for this translation.

Also, the 260 million dollar budget is for JW2. Not sure if it includes also the marketing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 949
Points : 1538
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:06 am

$260 million?!?!

Somehow I really don't that's just production and marketing costs combined, since the marketing on the first film was so extensive and insane and I doubt they'll lower the budget for the sequel. Which means if it IS the production budget, that's just effing MENTAL!!.

There is a mathematical discrepancy however, since 100% more of anything is double the initial amount; meaning instead of costing $150 million it would come up to $300 million in production costs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 310
Points : 892
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:21 am

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
$260 million?!?!

Somehow I really don't that's just production and marketing costs combined, since the marketing on the first film was so extensive and insane and I doubt they'll lower the budget for the sequel. Which means if it IS the production budget, that's just effing MENTAL!!.

There is a mathematical discrepancy however, since 100% more of anything is double the initial amount; meaning instead of costing $150 million it would come up to $300 million in production costs.

Noticed that too. Well, it's still like a bit more than 100 millions more than the first JW budget.

I think it's just the production budget too.

The Force Awakens budget was 245 million dollars, for comparison.

EDIT:

Scans of the article at this link:

https://twitter.com/JurassicWorldES/status/777484149393334272
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 949
Points : 1538
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:14 am

Still, with that kind of money I really hope this means it's going to be invested into animatronics and refined CGI, up to the quality of The Force Awakens.

No fan wants to see the Jurassic World trilogy just become Transformers with dinos and validate some of the haters' narrow-minded verdict that that's what the series has become. I'm not writing the movie off yet, it is a year and three quarters away, but my concern is where the money is going and whether the effects and action will override the story or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 310
Points : 892
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Sun Sep 18, 2016 12:50 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Still, with that kind of money I really hope this means it's going to be invested into animatronics and refined CGI, up to the quality of The Force Awakens.

No fan wants to see the Jurassic World trilogy just become Transformers with dinos and validate some of the haters' narrow-minded verdict that that's what the series has become. I'm not writing the movie off yet, it is a year and three quarters away, but my concern is where the money is going and whether the effects and action will override the story or not.

The thing that keeps me very relaxed and optimistic is that the director is JA Bayona.
Trevorrow had not experience with VFX before Jurassic World. Bayona, on the other hand, already dealt with big VFX movies (although not as big as a Jurassic movie, of course), and it did great things.
He loves using practical sets, miniatures, and looks like he used an animatronic head for some scenes of the monster in A Monster Calls. For the CGI, first reactions say the monster in A Monster Calls could be Oscar-worthy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 949
Points : 1538
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Sun Sep 18, 2016 5:08 pm

@owenpratt wrote:

The thing that keeps me very relaxed and optimistic is that the director is JA Bayona.
Trevorrow had not experience with VFX before Jurassic World. Bayona, on the other hand, already dealt with big VFX movies (although not as big as a Jurassic movie, of course), and it did great things.
He loves using practical sets, miniatures, and looks like he used an animatronic head for some scenes of the monster in A Monster Calls. For the CGI, first reactions say the monster in A Monster Calls could be Oscar-worthy.

That is also my line of optimism as well, since Bayona has been in the business much longer than Trevorrow and has more experience as a storyteller and visual effects director. I have completely faith in him to such a degree that people are giving me funny looks whenever I say "I'm looking forward to Jurassic World 2!" - never forget that there was at least one idiot out there who actually thought Spielberg would peg someone like McG to direct the next film... and may that loser eat crow!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 310
Points : 892
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:33 am

@Mysterious Hero M wrote:
That's a huuuge gamble money wise. If it decreases from JW that'll make it come into the red.

They're probably very confident in JW2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trexbreakout
Embryo
Embryo


Posts : 36
Points : 575
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-09

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:43 am

Well to me, this movie already feels like its going to be bigger than JW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 310
Points : 892
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:49 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/09/19/box-office-jurassic-world-2-is-a-bargain-at-any-price/#24a77a207723

Looks like JW2 will not necessarily have the mentioned $260M budget, although I think it will be very close to that. Or maybe Universal is just trying to cover the news due to their secrecy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3172
Points : 3824
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:55 pm

I can't help but wonder if Universal took the lessons from Star Wars Episode 7, most specifically the practical/CGI mix, to heart, which would explain the massive cost rise. Even so, Universal is a bit delusional to think that they can try to get that much money. Even more so considering how they tried and failed to expand the Jurassic Park universe after JP3. The only success that they had were the toy lines and the 20th anniversary of Jurassic Park.

I'd like to see such a return to a practical effects/CGI mix, but $260-$300 million seems a bit much. Disney can afford that much because...well it's Disney. Universal can't.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 425
Points : 973
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:29 pm

ScreenRant confirmed that they had a source from Universal saying the budget is not yet set in stone & that would not be as much as is being reported.

http://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-2-budget/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 957
Points : 3080
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:01 pm

Welp. I guess next time I'll vet the source more thoroughly before writing a story that gets picked up by all the trades only to get debunked by universal.

Goddamn it.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 949
Points : 1538
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:37 am

The frustrating thing is that a larger budget would not necessarily mean being invested in more animatronics or more CGI (even through the latter is more likely), it could also mean allowing for bigger stars to join the franchise or allow for filming in a wide variety of locations across the globe, using overseas studios like Pinewood in London or filming in the wild landscapes of other continents like Asia or Africa. Time will tell whether or not more animatronics or more refined CG creations will be featured in the film, and we have almost two years until we can see the film to find out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 425
Points : 973
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:47 pm

At least we know Bayona likes & used animatronics in "A Monster Calls", hopefully he will push for at least a few for this film which will hopefully be allowed by Universal with the budget increase.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 310
Points : 892
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:12 am

@dance2nite wrote:
At least we know Bayona likes & used animatronics in "A Monster Calls", hopefully he will push for at least a few for this film which will hopefully be allowed by Universal with the budget increase.

Yeah, also Colin Trevorrow himself pushed to have the Apatosaurus head animatronic in JW, and now that he is also producer, I guess he will allow more use of animatronica.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1117
Points : 1705
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:06 pm

@Mysterious Hero M wrote:
That's a huuuge gamble money wise. If it decreases from JW that'll make it come into the red.

I completely agree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a movie generally have to make back twice its production budget to break even? As a rule of thumb anyway?

Don't get me wrong I'm very excited about potentially better effects and animatronics.

But I can't imagine JW2 pulling numbers like JW. Here's to hoping it does.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3172
Points : 3824
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:


I completely agree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a movie generally have to make back twice its production budget to break even? As a rule of thumb anyway?

Don't get me wrong I'm very excited about potentially better effects and animatronics.

But I can't imagine JW2 pulling numbers like JW. Here's to hoping it does.

In most cases, yes. It does have two make 2x as much of it's production budget. There are some exceptions via BVS with it's massive marketing campaign, but that was a rare exception.

If it makes less then JW then it won't be in the red, simply because most people are expecting some sort of drop. That and too be entirely fair, nobody expect JW to make as much as it did. Not even the most optimistic fan could have foresaw that it would surpass $1 billion and AOU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1117
Points : 1705
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:54 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:


I completely agree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a movie generally have to make back twice its production budget to break even? As a rule of thumb anyway?

Don't get me wrong I'm very excited about potentially better effects and animatronics.

But I can't imagine JW2 pulling numbers like JW. Here's to hoping it does.

In most cases, yes. It does have two make 2x as much of it's production budget. There are some exceptions via BVS with it's massive marketing campaign, but that was a rare exception.

If it makes less then JW then it won't be in the red, simply because most people are expecting some sort of drop. That and too be entirely fair, nobody expect JW to make as much as it did. Not even the most optimistic fan could have foresaw that it would surpass $1 billion and AOU.

That's very true. And I'm sure they made a killing from digital and blu-Ray
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 310
Points : 892
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:46 am

https://twitter.com/prattprattpratt/status/781643154185265152

Quote :
Love you too Bryce! Just reading the script right now! So awesome! Round two baby!!!

Script is evidently finished and Chris Pratt is reading it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Trexbreakout
Embryo
Embryo


Posts : 36
Points : 575
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-06-09

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:56 am

I miss Colin's updates
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 310
Points : 892
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:10 am

@Trexbreakout wrote:
I miss Colin's updates

Same here. Although this time we will probably have also Bayona's updates
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 310
Points : 892
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:53 pm

New podcast of JurassicOutpost with Trevorrow and Bayona!!

http://jurassicoutpost.com/exclusive-colin-trevorrow-talks-jurassic-world-2-surprise-guest-j-bayona/

- Colin has been working with Bayona since July
- JW2 will be scarier and more suspensful than JW
- Some dialogue from the novel will be in JW2
- There will be animatronics in JW2, because of the big box office numbers of JW
- There will be new species of existent dinosaurs in JW2 that we haven't seen before in the series
- Colin didn't confirm neither denied about feathers in JW2, we will see during the movie
- Hawaii is a primary filming location, but not the only one. UK are just for the studios, but the movie probably won't take place in the UK
- There won't be militarized dinosaurs
- Bayona was surprised of some points in the JW2 script he didn't expect
- They already know the JW2 title, but they can't reveal it yet
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 885
Points : 1438
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:23 pm

This is great! I'm very hyped now, specially for the new dinosaur species (I always wanted more diversity), dialogues from the novel (Hope more Wu's dialogues too), Crichton's novel style and more scarier and suspensful than JW!

Also animatronics, very happy for this, hope the fans are pleased too!


Now I just need Wu or another scientist character to be confirmed and I'll be in heaven! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 180
Points : 740
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 23
Location : The Hammond Creation Lab

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:37 pm

Yes! More animatronics and new dinosaurs!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 949
Points : 1538
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:50 pm

YES!!!

To everything Colin has reported in JurassicOutpost:

I approve!

Onwards to new adventures!! cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 425
Points : 973
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:17 pm

The New Interview with Colin (& Bayona) was everything I wanted to hear & more!!! cheers

YES to a more suspenseful & scary film (which is why I thought they hired Bayona)!!

YES to more animatronics, hoping for a Dilo one please!!!

YES to more dialogue from the original novel!!!

YES to new Dinosaur species being introduced, please one be a Carnotaurus?!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1117
Points : 1705
Reputation : 34
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:31 pm

@owenpratt wrote:
New podcast of JurassicOutpost with Trevorrow and Bayona!!

http://jurassicoutpost.com/exclusive-colin-trevorrow-talks-jurassic-world-2-surprise-guest-j-bayona/

- Colin has been working with Bayona since July
- JW2 will be scarier and more suspensful than JW
- Some dialogue from the novel will be in JW2
- There will be animatronics in JW2, because of the big box office numbers of JW
- There will be new species of existent dinosaurs in JW2 that we haven't seen before in the series
- Colin didn't confirm neither denied about feathers in JW2, we will see during the movie
- Hawaii is a primary filming location, but not the only one. UK are just for the studios, but the movie probably won't take place in the UK
- There won't be militarized dinosaurs
- Bayona was surprised of some points in the JW2 script he didn't expect
- They already know the JW2 title, but they can't reveal it yet

That's literally everything I wanted to hear! So reassuring to hear all this great news.

Especially those practical effects.  

Now all i need is Dilo confirmation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Scott B
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 224
Points : 767
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2016-06-11
Age : 27
Location : I am Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:50 pm

That's more like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3172
Points : 3824
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:50 pm

I know it doesn't totally fit here, but did anybody notice how he said that I. rex was the main reason for so much CGI?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 310
Points : 892
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:49 am

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
I know it doesn't totally fit here, but did anybody notice how he said that I. rex was the main reason for so much CGI?

He also said that they didn't have a big budget (relatively to the scale of the movie) and that at the time nobody trusted him. He fought to get at least that one Apatosaurus animatronic.
I'm pretty sure that if he had a bigger budget he would have used more animatronics, maybe not for the Indominus (who had mainly dynamic scenes), but for example for the Raptors in the harness.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 3172
Points : 3824
Reputation : 36
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:24 pm

@owenpratt wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
I know it doesn't totally fit here, but did anybody notice how he said that I. rex was the main reason for so much CGI?

He also said that they didn't have a big budget (relatively to the scale of the movie) and that at the time nobody trusted him. He fought to get at least that one Apatosaurus animatronic.
I'm pretty sure that if he had a bigger budget he would have used more animatronics, maybe not for the Indominus (who had mainly dynamic scenes), but for example for the Raptors in the harness.

But then why didn't he talk to Steven Spielberg about it? Surely he would have more then enough clout to get more practical effects. I get why Universal didn't trust Trevorrow since he was essentially brand new, but one would have thought they would still trust Spielberg.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 310
Points : 892
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:23 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@owenpratt wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
I know it doesn't totally fit here, but did anybody notice how he said that I. rex was the main reason for so much CGI?

He also said that they didn't have a big budget (relatively to the scale of the movie) and that at the time nobody trusted him. He fought to get at least that one Apatosaurus animatronic.
I'm pretty sure that if he had a bigger budget he would have used more animatronics, maybe not for the Indominus (who had mainly dynamic scenes), but for example for the Raptors in the harness.

But then why didn't he talk to Steven Spielberg about it? Surely he would have more then enough clout to get more practical effects. I get why Universal didn't trust Trevorrow since he was essentially brand new, but one would have thought they would still trust Spielberg.

Well, in any case, the budget wasn't that high in the first place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 949
Points : 1538
Reputation : 32
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:32 pm

I think another factor was that there probably wasn't enough time to get more than one animatronic off the ground. The film was effectively green-lit in January 2013 and in March of that same year it was announced that Colin was going to direct the film, so we can logically deduce that Spielberg had officially hired him between the film being publicly announced and the news dropping.

At the time, Universal's original date was June 13, 2014; which tells me that the studio were not really as invested in making a fourth Jurassic Park film as Disney were determined to bring Star Wars back to the big screen. Because just over a year for pre-production, filming and post-production is absolutely not enough, certainly not for a blockbuster of this pedigree and with so much history attached to it, even if Spielberg really liked the Jaffa/Silver script. This also tells me that they were not interested in animatronics or high quality visual effects sequences, and were probably looking just to milk the franchise without realizing what they had in their hands.

Then, as we know, Trevorrow re-wrote the Jaffa/Silver script with Derek Connolly (the scariest part about his involvement was that he had never seen a single Jurassic Park film prior to Colin inviting him on, nevermind reading the book, more info in a link below (it's also why I generally don't care all that much about him as a writer or person)). In September 2013, Universal announced that the film's release would be June 12 2015 to allow for re-writes and a more thorough production phase, and the rest is history. Basically, I really believe that without Colin stepping in when he did and delivering on Jurassic World in the way we saw it, we would not so much as even be discussing the possibilities of a J.A. Bayona directed installment, and that's why I defend the guy more than most.

BTW, here's the link in case you're curious.

Empire Online article on the early stages of Jurassic World, featuring Trevorrow and Connolly interviews
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 310
Points : 892
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:30 am

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I think another factor was that there probably wasn't enough time to get more than one animatronic off the ground. The film was effectively green-lit in January 2013 and in March of that same year it was announced that Colin was going to direct the film, so we can logically deduce that Spielberg had officially hired him between the film being publicly announced and the news dropping.

At the time, Universal's original date was June 13, 2014; which tells me that the studio were not really as invested in making a fourth Jurassic Park film as Disney were determined to bring Star Wars back to the big screen. Because just over a year for pre-production, filming and post-production is absolutely not enough, certainly not for a blockbuster of this pedigree and with so much history attached to it, even if Spielberg really liked the Jaffa/Silver script. This also tells me that they were not interested in animatronics or high quality visual effects sequences, and were probably looking just to milk the franchise without realizing what they had in their hands.

Then, as we know, Trevorrow re-wrote the Jaffa/Silver script with Derek Connolly (the scariest part about his involvement was that he had never seen a single Jurassic Park film prior to Colin inviting him on, nevermind reading the book, more info in a link below (it's also why I generally don't care all that much about him as a writer or person)). In September 2013, Universal announced that the film's release would be June 12 2015 to allow for re-writes and a more thorough production phase, and the rest is history. Basically, I really believe that without Colin stepping in when he did and delivering on Jurassic World in the way we saw it, we would not so much as even be discussing the possibilities of a J.A. Bayona directed installment, and that's why I defend the guy more than most.

BTW, here's the link in case you're curious.

Empire Online article on the early stages of Jurassic World, featuring Trevorrow and Connolly interviews

Well said.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
avatar

Posts : 310
Points : 892
Reputation : 12
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:32 am

Bayona talks Jurassic World 2:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3825861/Alien-star-Sigourney-Weaver-Donald-Trump-scarier-movie-monster.html

Quote :
The Spanish director promised: "It's going to be darker and scarier than the first one but I can't say much more.
"Chris Pratt is going to bring a lot of fun. Leave the the dark side to me."

Thanks Matt for the find!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dance2nite
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 425
Points : 973
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 25
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:38 pm

Cannot wait for darker & scarier, that is what JW was missing & sounds like Owen will just be same old, same old... Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   

Back to top Go down
 
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 23Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosaur List
» General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3
» General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
» Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
» Jurassic Park Builder/Jurassic World The Game Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom News-
Jump to: