Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1

Go down 
+38
Jurassic Gabo
Crimsonraptor
Spiegel
Pachyrhinosaurus
Viperman
evolution_rex
K_Ozz92
TheRexMan22
Océane
BoulderFaceplant
Gondrasia
JP_Korea
V.a.nublarensis
Yankeetrex
TRK/TrexKing
1morey
Fossildude747
Aegyptiacus3
The Geeky Zoologist
Scott B
Dr. Wu
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Trexbreakout
Mysterious Hero M
Levine
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
SmugTheFab
Baryonyx111
Darth Spidey
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
BarrytheOnyx
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
dance2nite
TheDreamMaster
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 8:38 am

dance2nite wrote:
If there was still any doubt? Looks like confirmation we will be returning to Nublar & seeing Main st. again if these set photos are anything to go by :

https://twitter.com/JurassicOutpost/status/841389584927858689

Oh joy

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 LRTxfHJ

But 0% surprising
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 8:54 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Personal opinion? Just my opinion guys. But honestly I think the story could go better than a return to Nublar. Also you'll be out three-four major predators on Nublar.

No one to feed the Mosasaur in 3 years? Dead
Indominus? Dead
Blue is the only surviving Raptor
The Pteranodons were likely put down due to not having anywhere to contain them after the aviary breakout

What about Restricted Area? Who knows what kind of dinosaurs live in there...

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 10:49 am

I highly doubt they'd hold the majority of the film in the same location.

That being said, I fail to see what the point of returning to Nublar would be. There probably isn't much left there other than a bunch of dinosaur carcasses.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:26 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

That being said, I fail to see what the point of returning to Nublar would be. There probably isn't much left there other than a bunch of dinosaur carcasses.

Well there isn't a point, but you are thinking of this with realism glasses. Just as I when I've said the original park and animals would have been all bombed to ions, and the second park would have not been constructed as Disney World, if the public ever even accepted it in the first place. But you need to use fantasy classes here and turn brains off. JP5 Nublar will be the new Sorna where everything still flourishes wild and free in the ruins and Rex will be playing beach volleyball with Blue.

As a side point, it's pretty damn funny that every single sequel will have featured not only the same island settings, but also ruined structures of the previous administration. But now they have double ruins on the same island even, we are reaching new grounds here!
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:41 am

Mistral wrote:

Rex will be playing beach volleyball with Blue.

Welp, you just made me about 100x more excited for this movie.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 11:48 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Rex will be playing beach volleyball with Blue.

Welp, you just made me about 100x more excited for this movie.

But they will do Rogue One and only use the shot in the trailer. Film will just be depressing...ly fun
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 12:01 pm

Mistral wrote:

Well there isn't a point, but you are thinking of this with realism glasses. Just as I when I've said the original park and animals would have been all bombed to ions, and the second park would have not been constructed as Disney World, if the public ever even accepted it in the first place. But you need to use fantasy classes here and turn brains off. JP5 Nublar will be the new Sorna where everything still flourishes wild and free in the ruins and Rex will be playing beach volleyball with Blue.

Okay, I'm not asking you to pull a 180 on your thoughts or opinions or anything Orwellian like that, but it's getting beyond tiresome to read the same basic argument/rant over and over and over again. If I didn't get that you hold Jurassic World in strikingly low regard by now, I wouldn't have the basic articulation to work on the keyboard that I'm typing this with.

Yes, in the book the park was bombed but at the end of the first film the fate of the animals was left ambiguous. If Spielberg wanted to make Nublar's destruction canon he would have included the Boardroom scene in the final film, but it wasn't. And again in JP3, they refer to two islands having dinosaurs alive on them. The potential for going back to Nublar was always in the background of the first two sequels in some shape or form. Its time we put the whole "bomb the island" plot detail on the back-burner for now, the books are the books, the movies are the movies.

And just for your peace of mind, I do not turn my brain off every time I watch one of the Jurassic sequels, on principle. Even the one I make no secret of disliking. Oh, and the Twilight franchise will be recognized as a timeless classic before Rexy and Blue play volleyball.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 12:48 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Mistral wrote:

Okay, I'm not asking you to pull a 180 on your thoughts or opinions or anything Orwellian like that, but it's getting beyond tiresome to read the same basic argument/rant over and over and over again. If I didn't get that you hold Jurassic World in strikingly low regard by now, I wouldn't have the basic articulation to work on the keyboard that I'm typing this with.

Yes, in the book the park was bombed but at the end of the first film the fate of the animals was left ambiguous. If Spielberg wanted to make Nublar's destruction canon he would have included the Boardroom scene in the final film, but it wasn't. And again in JP3, they refer to two islands having dinosaurs alive on them. The potential for going back to Nublar was always in the background of the first two sequels in some shape or form. Its time we put the whole "bomb the island" plot detail on the back-burner for now, the books are the books, the movies are the movies.

And just for your peace of mind, I do not turn my brain off every time I watch one of the Jurassic sequels, on principle. Even the one I make no secret of disliking. Oh, and the Twilight franchise will be recognized as a timeless classic before Rexy and Blue play volleyball.

Hyperbole rant put aside, do I have irreversible proof that Nublar was bombed in the first three films? NO. Do you that they didn't? Well, NO. And therefore, it is up to conjecture.

Just because JP leaves it open doesn't mean it didn't happen. It might've or might not have.

There is no proof that the TLW board room scene was removed because of it's message, it might have been because Spielberg felt it was too boring and dragging to watch them all just sitting there listening long monologue (which admittedly even I have to say it was, as it was directed anyway). It seems they had even prepared for that as there are two yawn shots, you know one of the board members yawns just like Malcolm does. But in any case, Hammond doesn't seem to be worried about Nublar when it comes to human intervention, only of Sorna's fate.

In JP3, they know of the second island because after the San Diego accident people have slipped to tell about it, including Grant. But again there is no proof that Nublar organic and inorganic wasn't destroyed. On the contrary, there are lines like this at the auditorium:
"Once the U.N. and Costa Rica and everyone decide how to handle that second island, scientists will just go in and look for themselves."
"Are you saying you wouldn't want to get onto lsla Sorna and study them if you had the chance?"

So why does everybody (including UN) only care of Sorna, but not Nublar if it's supposedly still inhabited by dinosaurs? Why can't Grant go to Nublar to study?

Oh and the final paragraph of yours seems to fail that I'm not talking 100% serious all time.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 1:34 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Personal opinion? Just my opinion guys. But honestly I think the story could go better than a return to Nublar. Also you'll be out three-four major predators on Nublar.

Indominus? Dead
The Pteranodons were likely put down due to not having anywhere to contain them after the aviary breakout

What about Restricted Area? Who knows what kind of dinosaurs live in there...

What restricted area? The one where the raptor training project was going down or that little jungle 'dead zone' where it was basically just a time capsule for the visitors center? lol!

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Guess they could always go with the JPTG route and claim there's supposedly wide set of underground facilities and other shenanigans there
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 3:32 pm

Well, I hope they don't go back just for Blue.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 3:35 pm

They could use Grant's raptor whistle to find it Laughing
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I know lots of people don't like the idea. But maybe we shall see the OG Rex in all her glory one last time? They might do it.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Indominus? Dead

I think that some did survive via not being captured.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Also likely that Rexy is dead, considering her age and the injuries she sustained.

It's possible that she could still be alive, but considering how malnourished she was before the big fight with Indy and the wounds from the fight, it's possible that she only has a few years left to live. That being said, those Apatosaurus carcasses might have helped her regain much of her nourishment.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 5:00 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Indominus? Dead

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Also likely that Rexy is dead, considering her age and the injuries she sustained.

It's possible that she could still be alive, but considering how malnourished she was before the big fight with Indy and the wounds from the fight, it's possible that she only has a few years left to live. That being said, those Apatosaurus carcasses might have helped her regain much of her nourishment.

InGens attitude towards the escaped pteranodons was clearly shown. Escaped dimorphodon passing by while the Ingen soldiers appeared? Shot on sight over open ocean.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Indominus? Dead

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

InGens attitude towards the escaped pteranodons was clearly shown. Escaped dimorphodon passing by while the Ingen soldiers appeared? Shot on sight over open ocean.

But I don't think they got all of them before the Ingen team got wiped out by Indy and the raptors.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Still, it really doesn't seem like there are enough animals left on Nublar to base a film around.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Still, it really doesn't seem like there are enough animals left on Nublar to base a film around.

yeah...JW made a big mistake iMO by having the Indominus drastically reduce the population of some of the larger herbivores, like killing 6 apatosaurs right off the bat.

Also I know it said there are/were metricanthrosauris, and baryonx but raise your hand if you believe they'll actually show them lol. I approve!

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Plot twist: There's a second I.rex on Nublar. Cool

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Well we still have the Trikes, the Stegosaurs, the Ankylosaurs, the Gallimimus pack, the Pachycephalosauruses, the possible Brachiosaurs, the remaining Apatosaurus, Blue, and Rexy. And we don't know if they can breed. Even if they didn't, you'd still have a lot of dinosaurs to make a movie with.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 6:50 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Well we still have the Trikes, the Stegosaurs, the Ankylosaurs, the Gallimimus pack, the Pachycephalosauruses, the possible Brachiosaurs, the remaining Apatosaurus, Blue, and Rexy. And we don't know if they can breed. Even if they didn't, you'd still have a lot of dinosaurs to make a movie with.

Fair enough, but most of those are herbivores, which really wouldn't serve as much of a catalyst for potential action scenes.

And of the carnivores that are still on Nublar, one is a semi-trained raptor with probable injuries, and the other is a near 30 year old Rex with VERY probable injuries.

I just think there needs to be more.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Fair enough, but most of those are herbivores, which really wouldn't serve as much of a catalyst for potential action scenes.

And of the carnivores that are still on Nublar, one is a semi-trained raptor with probable injuries, and the other is a near 30 year old Rex with VERY probable injuries.

I just think there needs to be more.

We might see the metricanthrosauris and Baryonx though I admit that's a long shot. We could see new predators at Sorna.

The Triceratops is the one herbivore that sorely needs an action scene. I know it had the one in TLW after that one was free, but other then that, Trike hasn't really shined. Have the alpha male destroy multiple vehicles after an attempt to capture it's kids fails big time.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 7:33 pm

And this is why I am holding to the theory that we will start seeing other dinosaurs in other genetics companies pop up in other regions of the world, and thats how Biosyn comes into play. Even if Nublar's artificial ecosystem deteriorated and eventually died out, Dr Wu still has all the DNA from the dinosaurs stowed aboard. Chances are they'll find a way into other companies.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 7:44 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
And this is why I am holding to the theory that we will start seeing other dinosaurs in other genetics companies pop up in other regions of the world, and thats how Biosyn comes into play. Even if Nublar's artificial ecosystem deteriorated and eventually died out, Dr Wu still has all the DNA from the dinosaurs stowed aboard. Chances are they'll find a way into other companies.

If that happens then I hope they have their facilities deep in the jungles where cryptosaurs (Mokele-Mbembe) exist for cover. The Congo Basin, the Amazon and the jungles of the Asian islands are perfect locations. Besides, few people have heard of such legends and fewer believe them.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 7:48 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

If that happens then I hope they have their facilities deep in the jungles where cryptosaurs (Mokele-Mbembe) exist for cover. The Congo Basin, the Amazon and the jungles of the Asian islands are perfect locations. Besides, few people have heard of such legends and fewer believe them.

yeah that would actually be perfect. Having the deep jungle labs...it actually makes a degree of sense to me on some level. That-thats what ends up fueling these legends

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 8:17 pm

@Mistral

"But now they have double ruins on the same island even, we are reaching new grounds here!"

LOL!  And then the raptor whistle haha.

And @Sickle. Yea dude that restricted area turned out so disappointing I honestly wouldn't mind going back and seeing some dinosaurs in it, as long as we're going to Nublar.

If it takes place solely or mainly on Nublar I'll be so disappointed. But all their interviews and talk makes it sound like it's going to be truly special. So I still have faith. 
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 10:17 pm

I guess seeing the Restricted Area actually being useful would be a plus of returning to Nublar.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 1:02 am

Guys, we are not spending the entire film on Nublar, relax, Colin has said this multiple times in interviews that we are getting off the islands.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 11:27 am

lol
(btw, I love how Colin Trevorrow is always on set despite not being the director anymore... he really cares about the project)

Spoiler:

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 15, 2017 11:41 am

owenpratt wrote:
(btw, I love how Colin Trevorrow is always on set despite not being the director anymore... he really cares about the project)

He's a screenwriter + executive producer, so why would he not be present most of the time? He's paid to be there.

Last edited by Mistral on Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1
Page 25 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29 ... 34  Next