Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 09, 2017 3:56 pm

Yoshimitsu Banno, the director of 'Godzilla vs. Hedorah' and the Executive Producer of Godzilla 2014, has died at the age of 86.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Océane
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 16, 2017 5:59 pm

Happy birthday to Legendary Goji!

Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Thu May 18, 2017 5:13 pm

Charles Dance from Game Of Thrones will be in Godzilla: King Of The Monsters and Sally Hawkins is also coming back.

I'm impressed by the cast this Godzilla movie is having. They really have seemed to learn from the flaws of the first one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Sat May 20, 2017 11:25 am

Im happy that they are bringing both Watanabe and Hawkins character back. It would be great too if they could cast actors as older versions of the Skull Island cast too.

Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Mon May 22, 2017 3:54 pm

Alien franchise creature artist Tom Woodruff Jr. is going to design the monsters for Godzilla: King Of The Monsters.

This is great. News about this movie is getting better and better. I'm actually more excited for this then I am with JP5/JW2. I'm going to give Warner Bros. and Legendary a lot of credit for learning from their mistakes. I like the 2014 Godzilla movie, but I admit it should have been better. Now, with from what we know, this Monsterverse is shaping up to be a wonderful one.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 7:25 pm

Adam Wingard is director for Godzilla v Kong

Has anyone here actually seen this guy's work? He's done a number of low budget horror films, and one franchise film in 2016's Blair Witch, which wasn't well received. I wonder if anyone here has seen it and felt strongly about it. So I'm starting to wonder what kind of pitch he made to Warner Bros and Legendary that convinced them that he was the right guy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 7:45 pm

He also did a bunch of other low-budget horror movies. That being said, Garath Edwards kind of started out the same way too. I'm actually looking forward to Godzilla: King Of The Monsters then this, but I am optimistic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 8:41 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Adam Wingard is director for Godzilla v Kong

Has anyone here actually seen this guy's work? He's done a number of low budget horror films, and one franchise film in 2016's Blair Witch, which wasn't well received. I wonder if anyone here has seen it and felt strongly about it. So I'm starting to wonder what kind of pitch he made to Warner Bros and Legendary that convinced them that he was the right guy.

Diclaimer: the words below are my opinion and nothing more.

I'm pretty upset by this news. I thought Blair witch was AWFUL. The original is one of my all time favorites. You're next was a fun solid movie, but not what i would consider to be amazing. His work in V/H/S did not stand out to me. I heard the guest was also a fun movie. But that's what? Two low budget movies that were received pretty good? While the other two awful? Hit and miss. What has he done to convince them that he's the right man besides he probably comes cheap?

I'm also rather worried about the king of monsters director. But i'm on a whole other level of disappointment about Adam Wingard, enough to the point of my excitement being severely diminished. Interesting how they are both best well known for their horror comedy eh?

I really hate this trend of these small directors getting to do huge properties in this day and age, although atleast these guys have some movie making experience i suppose.

Godzilla 2014 could have been a lot better of a film under a diff director(i think Gareth is weak in characters) and of course that was his second movie, but unless Adam really surprises me i think you guys are going to be missing Gareth lol.

As a side note i thought the Kong skull island director did a terrible job. Not sold on him at all and glad he is not back. But again IMO this is what can happen when you hand a property to someone who is unproven.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantGojira
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 8:55 pm

http://gematsu.com/2017/05/city-shrouded-shadow-now-ps4-launches-fall-japan#C6S7sD4Dzr4PJJeW.99

Godzilla is officially crossing over with Ultraman, Evagalion, and Gamera for the first time!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 9:03 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
I really hate this trend of these small directors getting to do huge properties in this day and age, although atleast these guys have some movie making experience i suppose.

A lot of it is because of many famous directors are retired (George Lucas) or semi-retired and Hollywood is too impatient too have the crop that came in fresh in the 1990's-2000's (Shylamalan) fill in the gaps before this new batch can properly develop. It's not just this movie. Josh Trank is a great example. Granted Fant4stic wasn't all his fault, Fox had a lot of that themselves, but putting him in such a big project that was a huge jump from Chronicle led to him not being ready, which in turn led to all of his backstage antics.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 9:48 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:

A lot of it is because of many famous directors are retired (George Lucas) or semi-retired and Hollywood is too impatient too have the crop that came in fresh in the 1990's-2000's (Shylamalan) fill in the gaps before this new batch can properly develop. It's not just this movie. Josh Trank is a great example. Granted Fant4stic wasn't all his fault, Fox had a lot of that themselves, but putting him in such a big project that was a huge jump from Chronicle led to him not being ready, which in turn led to all of his backstage antics.

Yep. Not denying it can't work and of course I'm rooting for them(I don't want movies to disappoint me). But why Adam Wingard in particular? 

Couldn't they pick someone similar to Matt Reeves that has done a monster film?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 10:01 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:

Yep. Not denying it can't work and of course I'm rooting for them(I don't want movies to disappoint me). But why Adam Wingard in particular? 

WB already got Matt Reeves signed on to make the Batman movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 10:09 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:

WB already got Matt Reeves signed on to make the Batman movie.
And that's what's sad. He proved already he can make a great monster flick
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:41 am

Godzilla: King of the Monsters Adds Bradley Whitford
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/854825-godzilla-bradley-whitford#SbDfoHxBpo32fqcp.99

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:22 pm

Zhang Ziyi has joined Godzilla: King Of The Monsters and Legendary's/WB's Monsterverse as a key figure in Monarch.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantGojira
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:31 pm

So.... did anyone else see the Big G's new look for this year's movie?

http://www.cbr.com/godzilla-monster-planet-anime-poster/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Godzilla Sequel Begins Production, Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah Confirmed!
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/860123-godzilla-sequel-begins-production-rodan-mothra-and-ghidorah-confirmed#wq2oWfojZirC11M5.99

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:43 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Godzilla Sequel Begins Production, Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah Confirmed!
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/860123-godzilla-sequel-begins-production-rodan-mothra-and-ghidorah-confirmed#wq2oWfojZirC11M5.99

Well, we all kind of knew this when Godzilla 2 was first announced at comic con. Wonder when the first official images of the updated versions of the monsters will be.

Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Am I the only one salty we have to wait until 2019? Seems so far away....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheRexMan22
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:04 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
Am I the only one salty we have to wait until 2019? Seems so far away....
Nope, you're not! tongue bounce
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:57 pm

So it seems like the title has a possibility of being changed.

http://www.slashfilm.com/godzilla-2-starts-filming/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread   

Back to top Go down

Godzilla's Big Green Burning Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3