Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)

Go down 
+16
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Megaspino2
evolution_rex
Aegyptiacus3
Spiegel
BarrytheOnyx
Tyrant Lizard
V.a.nublarensis
dance2nite
Agron
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
Tarbtano
CT-1138
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Fox should know by now that fanboys are impossible to please via SW, X-Men, etc (there's literally SW fans out there who wished that the movies ended with ESB). I doubt it's a fan issue and more having to do with the fact that Covenant underperformed.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 2:37 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Fox should know by now that fanboys are impossible to please via SW, X-Men, etc (there's literally SW fans out there who wished that the movies ended with ESB). I doubt it's a fan issue and more having to do with the fact that Covenant underperformed.

If that was true, then Fox wouldn't have let Byran Singer ret-con X3 and much of Wolverine: Origins out of existence with Days Of Future Past. And X-Men/Wolverine fans did like Logan very much.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 2:49 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

If that was true, then Fox wouldn't have let Byran Singer ret-con X3 and much of Wolverine: Origins out of existence with Days Of Future Past. And X-Men/Wolverine fans did like Logan very much.
And there's still many fans that had problems with DoFP. Logan is the best received X-Men film in 14 years. These films have had far more misses than hits with fans, again, because fanboys are impossible to please. Look at SW fans. They got the franchise out of Fox and George's hands like they wanted and they STILL don't like the movies outside of the OT. Then there's fans who don't like RotJ and, like I said disinclude it from "their" SW movies.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 3:08 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:

And there's still many fans that had problems with DoFP. Logan is the best received X-Men film in 14 years. These films have had far more misses than hits with fans, again, because fanboys are impossible to please. Look at SW fans. They got the franchise out of Fox and George's hands like they wanted and they STILL don't like the movies outside of the OT. Then there's fans who don't like RotJ and, like I said disinclude it from "their" SW movies.

From what I've seen, most fans liked, and still do, DOFP, despite all the changes to the canon. Besides, at this point, having Blomkamp ret-con Alien 3 and Resurrection seems like a better idea then what Fox did by letting Scott do what he did. I know that you liked Covenant, but most fans hated it.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks I may be right about Fox not letting Scott make more prequels.

Fox is seriously considering cancelling Ridley Scott's planned Alien prequels after fan outrage over Covenant.

Yep. But damn I really want a sequel to how that ended. Even if not canon.

I wonder if they wish for Alien 5? 

I hope they let him make one more just for shits and giggles. I loved Covenant in a sadistic sort of way. It's ridiculous canon wise IMO, but it's a story I want to see.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 7:32 pm

Me liking Covenant doesn't have anything to do with it. Most fans don't like any of the Alien movies after Aliens, and even then there's a vocal piece of the fandom that sees Aliens as nothing more than a tonally shifted cash grab by Cameron. My original statement still stands, Fox should be used to this kind of backlash from fans, and fan backlash isn't as powerful in Fox executives decisions as the amount if money going into their wallets. Covenant severely underperformed, and that's going to affect whether or not Ridley Scott gets to make more movies a lot more thqn disatisfied fans. If disatified fans entered the equation, then we wouldn't have gotten more movies after Origins or TPM. Yes, DotP was mostly well received, but Apocalypse wasn't but it still made a profit that Fox liked. That's why we got more movies. That's how Hollywood works. If it makes money, they do more of it. They make decisions by their wallets.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 7:34 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Me liking Covenant doesn't have anything to do with it. Most fans don't like any of the Alien movies after Aliens, and even then there's a vocal piece of the fandom that sees Aliens as nothing more than a tonally shifted cash grab by Cameron. My original statement still stands, Fox should be used to this kind of backlash from fans, and fan backlash isn't as powerful in Fox executives decisions as the amount if money going into their wallets. Covenant severely underperformed, and that's going to affect whether or not Ridley Scott gets to make more movies a lot more thqn disatisfied fans. If disatified fans entered the equation, then we wouldn't have gotten more movies after Origins or TPM. Yes, DotP was mostly well received, but Apocalypse wasn't but it still made a profit that Fox liked. That's why we got more movies. That's how Hollywood works. If it makes money, they do more of it. They make decisions by their wallets.

I agree. But you both make good points.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 11:07 pm

It looks like the timeline of the Alien franchise is getting rebooted via like the X-Men timeline did.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 12:06 am

Damn it! All I want is one more just to see what David is up to( guilty pleasure) and then they can bury this timeline.

Also I been reading the alleged script leak for the new predator film, I know this is controversial but all I can say is wow. And not in a good way.

Unless it translates better to screen or the script is old/BS etc I can't see myself being on board for the premise.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 10:05 pm

Quote :
"Going a different direction after Covenant."

Yay!

Quote :
"Following the Resurrection Timeline".

Ugh. I actually don't quite hate Resurrection, but that just takes us back into space because Earth is wrecked. Bring back Blomkamp's concept. Even given his letdowns, his Oats Studios films have been pretty entertaining so I'm still willing to give him a shot.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 3:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

This was just hilarious
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 5:19 pm

Crap...

It looks lit the 3rd Alien prequel might happen after all.

How can Fox justify this? The last one bombed and the fans hate it. Even James Cameron didn't like it. At this point, keeping Scott on to make this is just as stupid as Fox greenlighting another F4 movie.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Good, I want a sequel to Covenant & one more film to tie to Alien. James Cameron said he liked Covenant, didn't say anything about not liking it, just said it's not a film he would have made personally. Anyway let Ridley do one last prequel to finish off David's story & be done with it.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 7:57 pm

Personally I hope it happens. I do not want any of this to be canon and after it happens they can ignore it.

But I'm super interested in David as a character.

He's why I'm still watching.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 8:05 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Good, I want a sequel to Covenant & one more film to tie to Alien. James Cameron said he liked Covenant, didn't say anything about not liking it, just said it's not a film he would have made personally. Anyway let Ridley do one last prequel to finish off David's story & be done with it.

I just think that he was playing nice since he's finally making Avatar 2 soon.

Troyal1 wrote:
Personally I hope it happens. I do not want any of this to be canon and after it happens they can ignore it.

Hopefully, they forced Scott into making that the Alien Queen is still canon and, if this movie gets made, that it kills David.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Troyal1 wrote:

Hopefully, they forced Scott into making that the Alien Queen is still canon and, if this movie gets made, that it kills David.

I think making David into a straight up villain for the second movie was a mistake tbh. I sat there in the theater, and I totally called the plot twist of him switching with Walter in the end.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 8:16 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Troyal1 wrote:

I think making David into a straight up villain for the second movie was a mistake tbh. I sat there in the theater, and I totally called the plot twist of him switching with Walter in the end.

Yeah it was pretty embarrassing the way it was directed. I mean when you show the two fighting and the last shot is them not showing who won.... like come on.

I really was sad at the treatment of Shaw Sad
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 8:19 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Troyal1 wrote:

Yeah it was pretty embarrassing the way it was directed. I mean when you show the two fighting and the last shot is them not showing who won.... like come on.

I really was sad at the treatment of Shaw Sad

Yeah the prelude made it seem like he was warming up to her, and then he kills her and experiments on her. What the f*ck. And Daniels getting literally fridged and her last moments away in her existence knowing that David is going to kill her. My god.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 10:10 pm

The Predator is officially set in suburbs.

http://movieweb.com/the-predator-suburban-setting-story-details/

Some of these quotes have me worried.

Quote :
"We've got a 'Predator' film coming out that is unexpected and utterly fresh. I just imagined that it would take 500 hours to read the script, that it would be interior jungle, exterior more jungle and then fighting happens, but Emma [Watts] went out and recruited Shane Black. From the first page, it didn't read like a Predator film. It's set in suburbia. There's a little boy and his dad at the center of the action."

I've already read some supposed script leaks about that boy and his dad part specifically. Pretty worried about this.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 8:28 pm

Here's the Midnight's Edge video about the unmade 5th Alien movie, the AvP duelogy, Covenant bombing at the box office, and the future of the franchise.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 6:14 pm

If Ridley Scott does make another Alien prequel, he wants to focus more about A.I. then the Xenomorphs.

I still don't see how Fox could allow another Alien prequel to get made with Covenant bombing and being so hated by the fanbase. Not unless they force Scott to ensure that Aliens is canon by introducing the first Alien Queen, anyway.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 10:35 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
If Ridley Scott does make another Alien prequel, he wants to focus more about A.I. then the Xenomorphs.

I still don't see how Fox could allow another Alien prequel to get made with Covenant bombing and being so hated by the fanbase. Not unless they force Scott to ensure that Aliens is canon by introducing the first Alien Queen, anyway.

So the next one might as well be all about David then.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

So the next one might as well be all about David then.

If it even gets made. At this point, making another Alien prequel would be dumber then making another Fantastic 4 movie. At least with that, Fox has a reason via the rights. Another Alien prequel that most of the fanbase doesn't want after the last one caused a big fan insurrection without any fear of losing the rights? You don't have any reason at all. And it's not like with the Star Wars prequels where they could blame George Lucas, either.

Back to top Go down
HennexForest
Embryo
Embryo
HennexForest

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2017 3:21 am

Coming into 2017, Alien: Covenant was my most anticipated movie of the year. After having seen it and owning it, I really don't want Ridley Scott to direct another Alien movie. It stings a bit to say, considering I love the franchise and Alien is my all-time favorite film, but it's time for Scott to let go.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 10, 2017 8:05 pm

Here's the official poster for Predator 4/The Predator.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 31, 2017 7:42 pm

We know the plot for Predator 4.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 5:36 pm

Ridley Scott said "I think the beast has almost run out, personally."

And yet, he wants another Alien prequel...

Fox should let somebody else make a new Alien movie. Bring in fresh blood.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 7:45 pm

Is it too late to suggest Neil Blomkamp? I know he said that his proposed Alien 5 was dead and buried, but then again similar things were said about Peter Jackson's King Kong. All Blomkamp needs is something to put him back on the map in a big way.

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 03, 2017 8:14 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Is it too late to suggest Neil Blomkamp? I know he said that his proposed Alien 5 was dead and buried, but then again similar things were said about Peter Jackson's King Kong. All Blomkamp needs is something to put him back on the map in a big way.

That or bring James Cameron back. Have those two work together like Cameron and Miller via the proper T3 movie that's coming in 2019.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)   Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whoever wins, we lose: Aliens and Predator (also Prometheus and stuff)
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next