We're More Than Just A UNIX System...Enjoy The Boards!

HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

What makes something 'Jurassic Park' to you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator

PostSubject: What makes something 'Jurassic Park' to you?   Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:38 pm

Something that always comes to my mind when I think of JP is a vast coniferous jungle, with ferns littering the forest floor. The ground is soggy, but not swampy and the forest is intercut with long, dusty plains and fern-covered rocks/canyons dripping with water. I also thing of ruined buildings and dinosaurs that have the right look to them i.e: a molted dark green T. rex with a large nasal and eye ridge, or an orange-brown raptor that has a rectangular-shaped head. Also, the images of rusty old equipment/structures, like a bridge, or a vine covered concrete structure always come to mind. Finally, I think of on-location jungle coupled with the most brilliant animatronic work and amazingly realistic sets all on top of a "life finds a way" theme. Oh and don't forget John Williams, his music is as recognizable as any theme out there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/

What makes something 'Jurassic Park' to you?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1