Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.

HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator

PostSubject: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:53 pm

I'm looking for somewhere between TLW and JP, edging more towards the TLW end. I like T. rex, and they need to make up for it's small amount of time in JP/// and JW. For that matter, I'd like the Raptors roles to be reduced more to their JP/TLW screen time.

How about you?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
dance2nite
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:03 pm

T Rex in a first film like role & Raptors having only TLW type screentime please. We need Dilos in a main role this time I feel being on the mainland & also a Carnotaurus cameo appearance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:57 pm

About equivalent to the first film. A healthy dose of T. rex is always a good thing, but it shouldn't be overboard like it was in TLW, with the T. rex dominating the entire film.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raptor Blue
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:20 pm

I want T. rex as the star again. Like in the first 2 movies.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:11 pm

JW Screentime is good for me. I got enough of the same famous species, I want new dinosaur species that deserve to appear. I want new theropods, the franchise needs to add new cool dinosaurs too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
evolution_rex
Dimorphodon
Dimorphodon

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:31 pm

An interesting aspect of Jurassic World was that the Rex is hardly in the film, but it is hyped up for a big finale. That in a way signifies Jurassic Park's 'return', so you can't really do that again. I'd like them to explore encounters with other dinosaurs in future films and keep the Rex to the minimum. You can't get rid of the Rex though, and I believe you can't really have a JP film without it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
V.a.nublarensis
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:00 pm

Maybe a similar screen time as the first movie. At least double JW's screen time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:49 am

@evolution_rex wrote:
An interesting aspect of Jurassic World was that the Rex is hardly in the film, but it is hyped up for a big finale. That in a way signifies Jurassic Park's 'return', so you can't really do that again. I'd like them to explore encounters with other dinosaurs in future films and keep the Rex to the minimum. You can't get rid of the Rex though, and I believe you can't really have a JP film without it.

Well, I don't want T.rex to be cut, I know it's impossible given it's large fanbase. BUT, add new cool theropods to co star? Hell yes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
KingGrimlock
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:09 am

I want T. Rex to be the star in JP5 but at the same time I also would love to see another large carnivore take the spotlight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JPMalcolmDilo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:10 am

I think the amount of time Rexy had in the first film. Maybe even a little more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jun 15, 2016 4:47 am

I think a Rex should and will have a bigger role in JW2.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.instagram.com/aegyptiacus3
Troodon_formosus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:28 pm

I think about the same as the original film. It shows up a couple times to be awesome and threatening, then does something cool at the end, but doesn't dominate the movie like in TLW. Also, they can't really outperform JW's role for Rexy. Instead of trying to emulate that kind of awesomeness they should go for something different, to show the species in a new light.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://exploresecondearth.boards.net/
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:19 pm

I'd like to have Tyrannosaurus in the spotlight again... so, more screen time than with JW, but keep it to a minimum. Give other predators a chance to shine, as well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarbtano
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:56 am

Every single JP film has had a Tyrannosaurus, even JP3 did that. So I'd say if they can work her/him into the plot, having them as a big threat be cool. At least 2 scenes be preferable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:39 am

Not having a T-Rex or a Raptor in a Jurassic movie would be like having a Jurassic movie without the JP classic theme.
So I want them back in JW2, but maybe with some new main dinosaur so there can be some innovation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpinoInWonderland
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:31 am

None.

More Allosaurus please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://spinoinwonderland.deviantart.com/
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:03 am

About the same as the first movie or at least a little bit more than JW. Don't want it dominating the movie like TLW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Spidey
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:20 pm

How about no T-Rex? As long as they have Raptors, I'm fine. Of course, they should have some Rex in it. Maybe a news broadcast showing what has become of Rexy on the post-JW Nublar. That's all the Rex I want and think should be in the sequel.

I get it, we all love Tyrannosaurus and understand that it's the symbol of the Jurassic Park franchise, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be in every JP film. I mean, you can only do so much with one dinosaur. That goes for Velociraptors too, but because of their size, they aren't too overwhelming.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:09 am

@SpinoInWonderland wrote:
None.

More Allosaurus please.

Allosaurus?

I like you. Razz Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Geeky Zoologist
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:22 am

I'm pretty sure a good jurassic story can be made without including raptors, t.rex and the jp classical theme. Yes they are symbols of the franchise but that doesn't mean they have absolutely to be in every iteration (this worked before in other franchises : for example, Gandalf is a symbol of the Tolkien Legendarium and yet he doesn't appeared in every Middle-Earth story, he is only present when its needed and relevant)

Don't take me wrong, i'm a huge fan of the t.rex but i prefer it to don't appear than to be shoehorned for the sake of it.

There is tons of other species that have potential to be memorable if their appearance on the big screen is well-handled.
Remember, the Jurassic park franchise made Raptors, Dilophosaurus, Gallimimus, Compsognathus and Spinosaurus popular.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:32 pm

I think the lack of T.rex or Velicoraptors would be keenly felt, even if the story was excellent. If the story was lackluster and problematic, then the backlash of their absence would be even worse. I think it might be time to introduce a new T.rex to follow in the footprints of Rexy, a young male possibly, but with only a couple of notable screen appearances just like in the first movie. I may have enjoyed each and every T.rex scene in The Lost World, but it did come at the expense of other dinosaurs.

I would approve of a more restrained use of T.rex in the next film if it allowed other species like Dilophosaurus, Carnotaurus and Allosaurus have a chance in the spotlight. I would also hope that what few appearances it has are respectful and leave a strong impact like Rexy in Jurassic World.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:03 am

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I think the lack of T.rex or Velicoraptors would be keenly felt, even if the story was excellent. If the story was lackluster and problematic, then the backlash of their absence would be even worse. I think it might be time to introduce a new T.rex to follow in the footprints of Rexy, a young male possibly, but with only a couple of notable screen appearances just like in the first movie. I may have enjoyed each and every T.rex scene in The Lost World, but it did come at the expense of other dinosaurs.

I would approve of a more restrained use of T.rex in the next film if it allowed other species like Dilophosaurus, Carnotaurus and Allosaurus have a chance in the spotlight. I would also hope that what few appearances it has are respectful and leave a strong impact like Rexy in Jurassic World.

This is essentially what I want, and what would probably be the smartest move for the franchise.

A significant role, with a couple of memorable appearances, but without overwhelming the film, and allowing time to introduce new species as well.

Obviously cutting it entirely would result in a massive fan backlash, which would follow the film forever, even if the film itself was fantastic. From a business standpoint, it would be a hilariously bad move.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darth Spidey
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:38 am

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:39 am

About first film level IMO.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Levine
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:14 pm

Give it like a few brief moments, then one big scene (maybe fight another dinosaur like a Trike or Stego), and thats it.

"In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought." -Ian Malcolm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hellothasaurus
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:07 pm

I would like to see Triceratops vs T-rex. That would really help complete the franchise for me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:26 pm

@Hellothasaurus wrote:
I would like to see Triceratops vs T-rex. That would really help complete the franchise for me.

I feel the exact same way. Not to say that fighting dinosaurs is all I want or expect from a Jurassic Park movie, but something about that particular battle feels right. It's not a Rex on Spino rematch, or a battle between some flavour of the month predator and either T. rex or Velociraptor, it would be a fight that would demonstrably prove that the herbivores are not meek cattle to simply be slaughtered, that they can in fact inflict some nasty damage when push comes to shove. We got a little bit of that in The Lost World and Jurassic World with the Stegosaurus and the Ankylosaurus, but a T. rex fighting a Triceratops is one of the most iconic images in all of prehistoric fiction and naturally lends itself to Jurassic Park.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SmugTheFab
Gallimimus
Gallimimus

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:32 pm

I want about three scenes with Rexy. A rex vs triceratops scene or something; one where the circumstances make rex depicted as a horror monster and he eats some people and stuff; and one, maybe by the end, where rex is a glorious, majestic creature. <3 But that's just me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:37 pm

If there were to be a Rex/Trike fight at some point, I really wouldn't want to see either one of them die. The Rex dying is a no go, and the Trike dying in it's first onscreen battle would be a travesty.

I could certainly see a situation where a Rex attacks a Trike, the trike is able to hold off the Rex, and the Rex eventually gives up and slinks off to lick its wounds.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:54 pm

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
If there were to be a Rex/Trike fight at some point, I really wouldn't want to see either one of them die. The Rex dying is a no go, and the Trike dying in it's first onscreen battle would be a travesty.

I could certainly see a situation where a Rex attacks a Trike, the trike is able to hold off the Rex, and the Rex eventually gives up and slinks off to lick its wounds.
this exactly!

Many fights in the wild don't go down having a clear winner. Lots of times both sides back off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:56 pm

@Hellothasaurus wrote:
And if the trike kills the rex, the poor thing would be the second most hated dinosaur of the franchise.  Laughing

Anyway, I would accept 100% of T.rex screentime if they added a feathered rex (not a chickensaurus rex, a real rex with humble feathers on it). I love feathered rex and think it makes the dinosaur even more exotic and interesting.  Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pachyrhinosaurus
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:05 pm

I might have an unpopular opinion, but I don't want to see another large theropod in the next JP take the role of the T. rex. That's what the last two movies did with the spino and indy. It would be nice to see T. rex be the leading large theropod again, without being a protagonist like rexy and the raptors were in JW. It was fine for that movie but I think that should be the exception.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:37 am

I don't think there needs to be large theropod in the first place, not T-Rex or anything else. Certainly not in main role again for the 5th time.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:03 pm

@SpinoInWonderland wrote:
None.

@Darth Spidey wrote:
How about no T-Rex?

I get it, we all love Tyrannosaurus and understand that it's the symbol of the Jurassic Park franchise, but that doesn't necessarily mean it has to be in every JP film.

@Mistral wrote:
I don't think there needs to be large theropod in the first place, not T-Rex or anything else.

JP3 basically did just that and look how badly it failed. If it didn't work then, it won't work now or ever.

@Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
@Hellothasaurus wrote:
And if the trike kills the rex, the poor thing would be the second most hated dinosaur of the franchise.  Laughing

I don't think so. Considering how popular Trike is and how interconnected both dinosaurs were in real life, and how they are still interconnected, I don't think people would mind. Though in fairness, you'd have people asking, "Why wasn't this fight in JP3 but the Spino vs. Rex fight was?" If it's shown that the one Rex killed another Trike before the fight, that would prevent that, though.

To be honest, a Rex vs. Trike fight with the same result (Rex losing) would have been far better then what Horner and the incompetent producers force-feeding us with what they did. Because of that, I don't think we'll ever see that fight happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:11 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
JP3 basically did just that and look how badly it failed. If it didn't work then, it won't work now or ever.

No it didn't, it just replaced T-Rex with Spino. And even so it was still there for cameo. I said, have no large theropod at all (in major role anyway).
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:22 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

No it didn't, it just replaced T-Rex with Spino. And even so it was still there for cameo. I said, have no large theropod at all (in major role anyway).

I don't think that will work regardless. Big meat-eating dinosaurs have a magical aura about them to the public. A JP movie without one would feel...incomplete to not only the fans and the GA.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:49 pm

Well in any case what probably is most unrealistic to happen is the return of animatronic T-Rex ever again. That's one thing I would have wanted to see, even if my scenario of only small role at max Sad
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:58 pm

@Mistral wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:

I think it's possible to make a JP film without a large carnivore as the star, but it will be tricky. Velociraptors have been shown in prominence for four films now, and they're the one dino species I'd be okay with seeing less exposure of. If the producers introduced, for example, Troodons in a similar (but by no means identical) way to how they were portrayed in Jurassic Park: The Game, then we could inject a tremendous sense of horror and dread at their presence. The same could be done with returning faves like Dilophosaurus, or medium sized predators like Ceratosaurus, Allosaurus or Baryonyx; just because they aren't as big as T. rex or Spinosaurus doesn't make them weak predators.

I do think containing at least one significant giant theropod or iconic dinosaur sequence is important, not just as a way to get people's attention or ramp up the action but as a demonstration of what these creatures are capable of. Whether it's destroying a Ford Explorer, chasing down a Jeep, roaming around a city or just a plain old one on on dinosaur battle there is a sense of visceral joy in seeing a T. rex do it's T. rex-y thing. As much as I would love to see new species introduced and their time in their spotlight given, it's hard to tamper with a successful formula of two very popular dinosaurs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:12 pm

T-Rex vs Triceratops alone would be fine, you know the humans would just stumble upon this brief battle while doing whatever it is they're doing (which hopefully is not escaping / looking for dinosaurs on dinosaur island that used to have theme park setting). And after that battle, whatever the outcome of it was, T-Rex would be out of the film the natural way. Or even better the humans wouldn't even stay there for the entire duration of it but rather just silently back out, like they would in reality. We wouldn't know which of the dinosaurs won, but left it as mystery. You would just hear the T-Rex roar in the distance and wonder how it ended. They would seem like animals, not monsters. And we wouldn't have to endure another 10 minute CGI fight fest just for the sake of it, but rather let it last just as much as it needed to tell the story.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:38 pm

@Mistral wrote:
Or even better the humans wouldn't even stay there for the entire duration of it but rather just silently back out, like they would in reality. We wouldn't know which of the dinosaurs won, but left it as mystery. You would just hear the T-Rex roar in the distance and wonder how it ended. They would seem like animals, not monsters. And we wouldn't have to endure another 10 minute CGI fight fest just for the sake of it, but rather let it last just as much as it needed to tell the story.

If only the fight in JP3 was like this...
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:42 pm

Did they dare to kill off T-Rex in that Peter Jackson King Kong remake? And if they did, as gruesomely as originally in 1933? I don't remember because I only saw that nauseating thing just once 10 years ago and never looked back. The only thing I recall clearly, besides being bored out of my mind and hating the character portrayals and lame visuals, was when they ice skated in the city. Or something in the ice anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:04 pm

@Mistral wrote:
Did they dare to kill off T-Rex in that Peter Jackson King Kong remake? And if they did, as gruesomely as originally in 1933? I don't remember because I only saw that nauseating thing just once 10 years ago and never looked back. The only thing I recall clearly, besides being bored out of my mind and hating the character portrayals and lame visuals, was when they ice skated in the city. Or something in the ice anyway.

To be fair, they did wipe out most of Kong's kind and Kong himself was badass in the PJ reboot. So we knew what we were getting with when it came to that scene.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:20 pm

It was a genuine question you know Smile So I just watched the clip from youtube and didn't even remember there were two Rexes. IMO that fight looks even more awful than the end debacle of JW. Though at least it has the excuse of older gen CGI.

The original way how Kong tear apart the jaws of T-Rex in 1933 was horrifying. Way worse than that tame stuff in the reboot (or Spino snapping the neck in JP3).
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:35 pm

@Mistral wrote:
It was a genuine question you know Smile So I just watched the clip from youtube and didn't even remember there were two Rexes. IMO that fight looks even more awful than the end debacle of JW. Though at least it has the excuse of older gen CGI.

It was actually 3. There was a teenager, a grandmother/ very old mother, and a full grown bull at his prime. The teenager was KO'ed but the adults perished.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:40 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Mistral wrote:

It was actually 3. There was a teenager, a grandmother/ very old mother, and a full grown bull at his prime. The teenager was KO'ed but the adults perished.

I guess their motivation for meeting Kong wasn't to challenge him for sumo wrestling match like in the original Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?    

Back to top Go down

How Much T. rex Do You Want in JP5?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Franchise :: Film Universe :: JW: Fallen Kingdom Talk-
Jump to: