Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)

Go down 
+13
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
Minmi
Rhedosaurus
TheRexMan22
Baryonyx111
Scott B
Troyal1
CloneTrooper101
TheDreamMaster
CT-1138
TorQue
Dead2009
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Empty
PostSubject: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 10:18 pm

In here we will talk anything shark related, whether it be horror movies, shark movies, Shark Week or anything else in between

Last edited by Dead2009 on Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TorQue
Embryo
Embryo
TorQue

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2016 12:01 pm

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 12:00 am

Because Shark Week is coming up, enjoy! http://www.vintag.es/2013/09/photos-of-behind-scenes-of-jaws-1975.html

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 2:53 am

"The Jaws Thread" - Top 3 posts have nothing to do with Jaws.

I kid. Razz

I'm really looking forward to The Shallows. Sharks tend to seem overplayed, due to the immense amount of b to z-movie schlock, but this looks like a pretty well done attempt, and actually on a budget.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 2:24 pm

Upcoming Shark Thriller ’47 Meters Down’ Gets Bizarre Name Change to ‘In the Deep’

Quote :

Dimension Films, Anchor Bay Entertainment and Starz Digital have just announced that they’ll be releasing In The Deep on DVD, Digital HD and On Demand August 2.

Originally titled 47 Meters Down, the new shark thriller is directed by Johannes Roberts (The Other Side of The Door), and stars Mandy Moore (“This Is Us,” A Walk To Remember), Claire Holt (“The Vampire Diaries,” “The Originals”), Yani Gellman (“Pretty Little Liars,” “The Young And The Restless”), and Matthew Modine (Full Metal Jacket, The Dark Knight Rises).

Now, here’s why the name change is shockingly bizarre: In the Deep was the original title of Columbia Pictures’ upcoming The Shallows, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra and starring Blake Lively. With that title abandoned for the latter, Dimension and Starz/Anchor Bay co-opted the title for their own shark movie that’s releasing just weeks after Columbia Pictures’. Bad blood? Who knows, but I think there are some sharks in these waters that smell it.

“In The Deep dives into a world of two sisters (Mandy Moore and Claire Holt) who become trapped at the bottom of the ocean when a diving expedition to observe sharks goes horribly wrong. When the cable attaching the observation cage to the boat breaks and the cage sinks to the bottom of the ocean, the sisters must figure out a way to get back to safety battling injuries, lack of oxygen, and, worst of all, blood thirsty, great white sharks.”

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 7:46 pm

Shark Week starts tomorrow! All aboard the hype train!

Back to top Go down
CloneTrooper101
Embryo
Embryo
CloneTrooper101

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 8:10 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Shark Week starts tomorrow! All aboard the hype train!

I'm looking forward to it! I can agree

"The Force will be with you, always..." - Obi-wan Kenobi
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 12:23 am

Just saw "The Shallows". Pretty solid flick with a lot of suspense. Didn't think it was great like some reviews made it sound like. But I'd give it a solid 3.5/5

See it in a theater. I feel like the cinematography and the shark were too good to not see on the big screen.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 12:40 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Just saw "The Shallows". Pretty solid flick with a lot of suspense. Didn't think it was great like some reviews made it sound like. But I'd give it a solid 3.5/5

See it in a theater. I feel like the cinematography and the shark were too good to not see on the big screen.

Better than Independence Day?

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 1:47 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Better than Independence Day?
I think it was.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 2:47 pm

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 8:28 pm

Jawsathon has been running all day on AMC. Jaws is on now and the 3 sequels go until tomorrow early morning.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 12:41 am

Just watched Jaws 2 on AMC. It isn't the first film by far, but it's still a solid sequel. As long as you remember it isn't accurate shark behavior, it works well. Its also kind of cool that it's ending is pretty similar to how the old Jaws ride ended at Universal Studios.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 11:16 am

I'm sad I missed both this and the Twilight Zone marathon yesterday lol.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 05, 2016 2:40 pm

Luckily I own the entire TZ series on DVD, so I didn't miss out on the marathon. I only own Jaws though, so I always at least watch Jaws 2 if I see it on.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 8:59 am

^Cheesy greatness.

South Africa's great whites may be in trouble.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-36850591

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 10:59 pm

Anyone watching Sharknado The Fourth Awakens? It's so, so bad.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 12:30 pm

I did and I agree...it was a clusterfuck. Too much was going on at one time and since there's going to be a 5th, they need to do better. Last night was just..meh.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 2:36 pm

Jessica McNamee to Star in The Prehistoric Shark Thriller Meg

Quote :

– According to Variety, Jessica McNamee will star in the prehstoric shark thriller Meg. The film, which is based on Steve Alten‘s New York Times best-selling novel, will also star Jason Statham and Fan Bingbing. The novel is described as follows…

On a top-secret dive into the Pacific Ocean’s deepest canyon, Jonas Taylor found himself face-to-face with the largest and most ferocious predator in the history of the animal kingdom. The sole survivor of the mission, Taylor is haunted by what he’s sure he saw but still can’t prove exists – Carcharodon megalodon, the massive mother of the great white shark. The average prehistoric Meg weighs in at twenty tons and could tear apart a Tyrannosaurus rex in seconds.

Written off as a crackpot suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder, Taylor refuses to forget the depths that nearly cost him his life. With a Ph.D. in paleontology under his belt, Taylor spends years theorizing, lecturing, and writing about the possibility that Meg still feeds at the deepest levels of the sea. But it takes an old friend in need to get him to return to the water, and a hotshot female submarine pilot to dare him back into a high-tech miniature sub.

Diving deeper than he ever has before, Taylor will face terror like he’s never imagined, and what he finds could turn the tides bloody red until the end of time. MEG is about to surface. When she does, nothing and no one is going to be safe, and Jonas must face his greatest fear once again.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 03, 2016 4:31 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
I did and I agree...it was a clusterfuck. Too much was going on at one time and since there's going to be a 5th, they need to do better. Last night was just..meh.

I know these are stupid, low budget schlock-fests, but the pop-culture references were beyond Family Guy levels. The only major laugh I got was when they were on the pirate ship, and the guy knocks away a shark and goes "I got him" and Ian Zerling goes "Great kid, don't get cocky." And then the guy gets eaten. Fairly good use of a reference there. Besides, despite the stupid, stupid concept of these movies, the fact it got created by a sandstorm hitting a shark hotel was even more WTF than I was expecting.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2016 2:27 pm

‘Resident Evil’ Star in Talks to Join Mega Shark Film ‘Meg’

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 5:41 pm

“Fear the Walking Dead” Star Goes From Zombies to Sharks in ‘Meg’

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2016 7:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 3:58 pm

Recently watched 47 Meters Down and The Shallows...best 2 shark movies I've watched in quite some time.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 4:39 pm

Did you ever see "The Reef" (2010)? IMO one of the only good shark movie around besides Jaws, 12 Days of Terror and Open Water

I have to check out 47 Meters Down some time.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 5:02 pm

I have seen The Reef and didnt really care too much for it. Bait is another good one in which I'm hoping the sequel gets off the ground soon.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 3:09 pm

‘Sharknado 5’ Has Begun Filming; The Silly Threat is Going Global

I'm freaking hyped

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 12:45 pm

Lionsgate Takes a Bite Out of First-Person Shark Attack Film ‘Cage Dive’

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 4:10 pm

How do people here like Jaws the novel by Benchley?

Spoilery:

When I first read it as kid, say 15 years aggo, it wasn't actually the first Jaws novel I had read. That had been novelization of Jaws 2 by Hank Searls which I don't remember much, but the bits I do recall are better than the sub standard film it's based on. Anyway, I remember reading the Benchley book back in the day and thinking, wow this is so different. How the hell is it this different? How did Spielberg made this into his masterpiece? And then I pretty much forgot the book's existence, despite loving the film itself, for like a decade or more. Then ultimately I re-read the book few years ago, or rather listened the audiobook of it. I've gone through it couple of times since then and the latest time was this week.

I kind of have love-hate relationship with the novel. It's by no means what I would call "great", and definitely film for once blows it out of the water - ha ha - but it is well constructed and there is a reason why I re-read it from time to time. Every action scene is intense and deaths are absolutely horrifying, like bone crushing. The flow of the plot is quite adequate. I even enjoy the weird subplot of Ellen-Hooper affair for the drastic turn it takes all of a sudden. The mafia one, not as much, but it's not bad. The third part in the boat gets pretty intense by the end and I enjoyed the way Hooper, Quint and the shark died. Certainly Hooper lol. It's one of the rare things where I think Spielberg should've done the same. Also Quint had Moby Dick arc and ending.

There are definite flaws. The setting, not to mention science is badly outdated over 40 years later. This leads to the shark - or "fish" at Benchley continuously calls it for some reason - being described as just dumb meat machine doing brainless actions and loving the flesh of man. I also hate almost single character. Brody is angry all the time and acts like a redneck douche bag. Hooper is a smug. Quint loves animal cruelty and makes film Quint look like selfless saint. Ellen is on the verge of mental collapse. Vaughn is a dirty bastard. Meadows has double morality and is looking forward to heart attack. And so on. For some of these characters, the unlike-ability actually works for their advantage though, I have to admit. Certainly in the affair subplot that is the case.

The audiobook narration by Erik Steele is amazing, almost to John Bedford Lloyd level of brilliance. He has unique unmistakable voice for every main character as well as most of the minor ones, and his base narration is very calm, very sooth.

Jaws the Novel 8/10

Jaws 10/10
Jaws II 5/10
Jaws 3-D 3/10
Jaws the Revenge 1/10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)   The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Jaws Thread (aka every shark film in existence)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next