Where Life Found a Way...est. 2016
 
HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Were you ever a fan of the original tv series? Are you a fan of the newer stuff? Hyped about the new movie? Discuss away!

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:32 pm

Nice to see you Dead2009!

I'm pretty hyped for the enw PR movie myself. I'm really hoping it turns out well.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:53 pm

It's good to be here! I come bearing gifts

Quote :

These are apparently being released soon and I WANT THEM

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:45 am



Titano Charge Megazord has been released. Indeed it looks like the fall wave is starting to hit.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:08 am

A Power Rangers movie mobile tie-in game is coming
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/lionsgate-saban-brands-and-game-developer-nway-team-for-sabans-power-rangers-mobile-game-300285239.html

Quote :

SANTA MONICA, Calif. and SAN FRANCISCO, June 15, 2016 /PRNewswire/ — The pop culture phenomenon Saban’s Power Rangers will soon be reimagined as a real time multiplayer mobile action game as announced today in partnership by Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF), a premier next generation global content leader, Saban Brands, the creator of the 23 year Power Rangers legacy, and cutting edge game developer, nWay. The game is slated to launch next year. Also next year, Lionsgate and Saban Brands will release the eagerly-anticipated Saban’s Power Rangers feature film in theaters worldwide on March 24, 2017.

“This alliance underscores our strategy of combining a world-class brand with a Triple-A game developer to create an exciting, high quality game with enormous upside,” said Lionsgate President of Interactive Ventures & Games Peter Levin. “With nWay’s ability to achieve console level play on mobile devices, the Power Rangers game will appeal to a broad spectrum of core gamers and Power Rangers fans alike.”

“For decades, the Power Rangers brand has provided new and engaging opportunities for fans to experience the iconic franchise and we are thrilled to continue that legacy by joining forces with Lionsgate, our feature film partner, and nWay to create a state-of-the-art mobile game,” said Janet Hsu, Chief Executive Officer of Saban Brands. “With these phenomenal partners, we will connect millions of Power Rangers and gaming fans globally with a mobile gaming experience unlike anything else.”

“Lionsgate and Saban Brands are the ideal partners and Power Rangers is the perfect property on which to base a game with player-to-player competition, epic battles and intense action that raises the bar for the genre,” said nWay Chief Executive Officer Taehoon Kim. “The Power Rangers global fan base provides a powerful foundation for the game’s launch, and the high quality of gameplay makes this a natural for the e-sports trend. Power Rangers is an incredibly beloved and recognizable property, and its deep and detailed mythology will enable us to create a rich, multi-layered world for gamers everywhere.”

nWay is an innovative San Francisco-based game company comprised of developers who have worked on some of the biggest intellectual properties in the world, including Star Wars, James Bond, Indiana Jones, The Godfather and Star Fox. nWay’s first game, ChronoBlade, launched in Asia and is coming to the U.S. this summer.

Haim Saban launched Power Rangers with “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers” as a live action television series more than 20 years ago, and it quickly became the most-watched children’s television program in the United States. It remains one of the top-rated and longest running kids live-action series in television history and has grown into one of the world’s most popular and recognizable brands, with toys, apparel, costumes, video games, DVD’s, comic books and more.

The announcement is the latest milestone in Lionsgate’s creation of a diverse games business that includes: strategic investments in Telltale Games, Next Games, Mobcrush and Fifth Journey; the recent or planned launches of Orange is the New Black (IGT/DoubleDown Casino), Point Break (Payday), Mad Men (Zynga) and Kevin Hart mobile games; acquisition of rights to top gaming properties Borderlands and Candy Crush Saga to be adapted into films and television series; and virtual reality gaming initiatives built around the Company’s John Wick and Now You See Me film properties as well as a VR game partnership with Google’s recently-announced Daydream platform.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:00 pm

Bryan Cranston is playing Zordon!

*stupid phone won't post a link*

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:14 am

DPFAR:
Spoiler:
 

Well that's...a teaser poster.....

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Tue Jul 05, 2016 10:31 am

Power Rangers: The Ultimate Visual History

Quote :

Explore the history of Saban’s Power Rangers with this exclusive collection of artwork, behind-the-scenes photos, interviews and more.

After the hit series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers launched in 1993, Saban’s Power Rangers quickly became the most-watched children’s television program in the United States. Today, more than two decades later, Power Rangers is one of the longest running kids action series in TV history and has become a global pop culture phenomenon.

Power Rangers: The Ultimate Visual History takes viewers on a fascinating behind-the-scenes tour of the Power Rangers franchise, from the conception of the television show to the present-day seasons, feature films, toys, video games, comic books and more. This comprehensive collection features interviews with top creators, as well as some of the key writers and producers responsible for the iconic look and panache of the legendary superhero franchise. Special inserts, charts, art replications and badges add special interest and collectability to this fantastic tribute to the lasting legacy of the Power Rangers. A special chapter will also focus on the making of the new Power Rangers movie, which will be released by Lionsgate in March 2017.

I want this

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 630
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:34 am

The Power Rangers movie is supposed to be at Comic Con apparently, so thats likely where we will get a teaser of some sort.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:50 am


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:16 pm

This version of Rita Repulsa is far more hands on then the TV show.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Megaspino2
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 187
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:04 pm

I do wish they would have went for a "darker" power rangers movie but I guess I'll see it when it's out on DVD. I remember watching the original power rangers but I was very young and don't remember much. I got into it a lot more during "Ninja Storm" and "Dino Thunder".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:12 am

We got toys

Spoiler:
 


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:13 pm

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle rated for PS4 in Europe

Quote :

The Pan European Game Information Board has rated Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Mega Battle for PlayStation 4.

The Bandai Namco-published game has yet to be announced by the company.

The last Power Rangers game to be released by Bandai Namco was Saban’s Power Rangers: Super MegaForce for 3DS in 2014.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tarbtano
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
avatar

Posts : 129
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:02 am

Power Coins look good. Helmets are pretty decent too, though I wish the animal motif was more clear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:37 am

POWER RANGERS Adds Former SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE Star Bill Hader As Alpha 5

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:48 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:46 am

I think it looks decent. They really hid the suits and pretty much everything PR from this teaser though, so I really want to see more.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:43 pm

As someone who grew up watching Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers, I was expecting the to take a lot of liberties with the original series. And while the trailer intrigued me it didn't really get me jazzed or excited. I realize that is what a teaser trailer is supposed to do, but I am seriously hoping they're withholding their action shots for the next few trailers.

The pitch going around seems to be Chronicle meets The Breakfast Club, well there was another more recent movie that tried to take after Chronicle and that film was Fant4stic. Now, I'm not saying that Power Rangers will be as bad as that trainwreck, but if Lionsgate wants this to really take off, they need to show a little more life and energy in their next few trailers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:55 am

Here's what the Megazord in the new Power Rangers reboot looks like.

Personally, I don't like it. It looks too streamlined and the face looks like one clean hit can destroy it. It just doesn't look big, bulky, powerful, and intimidating as the original one did, and still does.


Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:24 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Here's what the Megazord in the new Power Rangers reboot looks like.

Personally, I don't like it. It looks to streamlined and the face looks like one clean hit can destroy it. It just doesn't look big, bulky, powerful, and intimidating as the original one did, and still does.

Oh wow, I am not a fan of that. It doesn't look like something you'd get from a transformation. Say what you will about Bay's Transformers, but at least in the first couple films when they transformed, and you saw all the gears turning and stuff, I believed they could turn into that, especially with the weird designs, unlikely the well proportioned versions from the cartoons.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:32 pm

Yeah... even the Jaegers of Pacific Rim embodied the spirit of the Power Rangers more than this is. I hate to say it, but the more stuff is revealed about the new Power Rangers movie the less I like it. For a studio that seems eager to capture the nostalgia of the Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers generation, Lionsgate seems to be making a lot of basic mistakes for making and promoting this movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:55 am

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Here's what the Megazord in the new Power Rangers reboot looks like.

Personally, I don't like it. It looks to streamlined and the face looks like one clean hit can destroy it. It just doesn't look big, bulky, powerful, and intimidating as the original one did, and still does.

Oh wow, I am not a fan of that. It doesn't look like something you'd get from a transformation. Say what you will about Bay's Transformers, but at least in the first couple films when they transformed, and you saw all the gears turning and stuff, I believed they could turn into that, especially with the weird designs, unlikely the well proportioned versions from the cartoons.

Agreed, I know that they have to change some stuff, but even so...It doesn't look like a Megazord. Not only that, but the more I look at it, the more and more fragile it physically looks. The old Dragonzord could break it in half with the spinning drill tail attack.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:16 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Here's what the Megazord in the new Power Rangers reboot looks like.

Personally, I don't like it. It looks to streamlined and the face looks like one clean hit can destroy it. It just doesn't look big, bulky, powerful, and intimidating as the original one did, and still does.

Oh wow, I am not a fan of that. It doesn't look like something you'd get from a transformation. Say what you will about Bay's Transformers, but at least in the first couple films when they transformed, and you saw all the gears turning and stuff, I believed they could turn into that, especially with the weird designs, unlikely the well proportioned versions from the cartoons.

Agreed, I know that they have to change some stuff, but even so...It doesn't look like a Megazord. Not only that, but the more I look at it, the more and more fragile it physically looks. The old Dragonzord could break it in half with the spinning drill tail attack.
In the weirdest thing I could say regarding Power Rangers....it looks like a suit. Like the non-colored areas remind me of knight chainmail, with multicolored armor bits slapped on. In almost any Megazord, it looks like a formidable giant robot, but it's clear exactly what makes the robot. This streamlined look for the movie does it no favors, actually taking away from the alien design the suits show off.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:52 am

A Fresh Look at the Power Rangers Costumes
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/784309-a-fresh-look-at-the-power-rangers-costumes#6I82ODmMEbhShOMm.99

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:57 pm

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@TheDreamMaster wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
Here's what the Megazord in the new Power Rangers reboot looks like.

Personally, I don't like it. It looks to streamlined and the face looks like one clean hit can destroy it. It just doesn't look big, bulky, powerful, and intimidating as the original one did, and still does.

Oh wow, I am not a fan of that. It doesn't look like something you'd get from a transformation. Say what you will about Bay's Transformers, but at least in the first couple films when they transformed, and you saw all the gears turning and stuff, I believed they could turn into that, especially with the weird designs, unlikely the well proportioned versions from the cartoons.

Agreed, I know that they have to change some stuff, but even so...It doesn't look like a Megazord. Not only that, but the more I look at it, the more and more fragile it physically looks. The old Dragonzord could break it in half with the spinning drill tail attack.
In the weirdest thing I could say regarding Power Rangers....it looks like a suit. Like the non-colored areas remind me of knight chainmail, with multicolored armor bits slapped on. In almost any Megazord, it looks like a formidable giant robot, but it's clear exactly what makes the robot. This streamlined look for the movie does it no favors, actually taking away from the alien design the suits show off.

It does look like a suit of armor rather then a robot. I mean, even Toho made more realistic kaiju suits for all their Godzilla movies back in the 1960's-1970's and that company has a notorious reputation for being cheap. Even the original MMPR monster suits were better then this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:33 am

Thats because the monster suits from the original show were from the Japanese counterpart.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:35 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Thats because the monster suits from the original show were from the Japanese counterpart.
Seed was an original creation though and he looked awesome.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:31 pm

Here's what Alpha 5 will look like in the PR reboot.

And just to make sure...



This is looking worse and worse the more stuff comes out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:29 am

I agree, this new Power Rangers movie started out with potential, then the first trailer emerged and my anticipation dampened, but the more I see of the suits, the Zords (in toy form, but still), and finally this degraded robot with Alpha 5's name on it, just keeps taking away my excitement from it. Brace yourselves for a bona fide bomb, folks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:51 am

Alpha could do without the headlights, I'm afraid.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:34 am

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I agree, this new Power Rangers movie started out with potential, then the first trailer emerged and my anticipation dampened, but the more I see of the suits, the Zords (in toy form, but still), and finally this degraded robot with Alpha 5's name on it, just keeps taking away my excitement from it. Brace yourselves for a bona fide bomb, folks.

I don't think it will bomb, but it will be one of those below average to crappy movies that makes a profit by suckering enough fans. In other words, think Street Fighter, Godzilla 1998, JP3, and The Last Airbender and that's a good idea what this movie will be like to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:01 pm

So according to this...

65 mya, Zordon was the first Red Ranger and Rita was the first Green Ranger.:
 

Here's a picture of the updated Zords.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 am

Lots of interesting Power Ranger movie news.


Here is what the new Putty Patrollers/Putties are going to look like. Personally, I think that they look too much like the Batman villain, Clayface. More so the Batman: Arkham City version.

To be fair, at least they look like Putties. The Dinozords toys look even worse. Hopefully the movie version look better. Even so, an 8-legged Mastodon mech and a 6-legged Triceratops much...

Here's the Goldar toy, and well, he lives up to his name.. The article also reveals a spoiler.

Spoiler.:
 


Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Power Rangers Movie Rated PG-13

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 685
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:23 pm

I gotta admit, I started very excited and it's slowly faded as things have been revealed. Why is Goldar so literal? Why do we have an 8-legged Mastadon. Or a six legged Triceratops?

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:09 am

@TheDreamMaster wrote:
Why is Goldar so literal?

To be fair, Goldar was also literal in the TV shows. Other then his face, dreds (or whatever they were) and his wing feathers, after Lord Zedd gave his wings back to him in Season 2, his golden armor cover his entire body.


Also, I don't see why this movie is rated PG-13. It should have been a PG movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
avatar

Posts : 391
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:58 am

How exactly is Megazord so streamlined? That literally makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:50 am

Among other things, why are the Zords so.... overly stylized. I'm not asking for anything along the lines of paleo-accuracy, but in trying to go for a more alien aesthetic the Dinozords don't resemble dinosaurs (or pterosaurs or ice age mammals) in the slightest! It's hard to tell what part of the Zord's body you're looking at, even when they appear in the posters. Even the Bayformers Dinobots, as bad as that movie is, still had the basic outline of dinosaurs and could have been an okay template for the look of the Dinozords.
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:55 am

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Among other things, why are the Zords so.... overly stylized. I'm not asking for anything along the lines of paleo-accuracy, but in trying to go for a more alien aesthetic the Dinozords don't resemble dinosaurs (or pterosaurs or ice age mammals) in the slightest! It's hard to tell what part of the Zord's body you're looking at, even when they appear in the posters. Even the Bayformers Dinobots, as bad as that movie is, still had the basic outline of dinosaurs and could have been an okay template for the look of the Dinozords.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Not only that, but I'm going to say that Metal Gear Rex and Metal Gear Ray looked far more like animals (MG Rex being a heavily armored and well armed Tyrannosaurus rex mech and MG Ray being a semi-aquatic dragon mech) then these current Dinozords do.

I just hope Dragonzord isn't in this. Because if he is, then I absolutely dread what they did to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:11 pm

I know! It's also strange because among all the things that people like to poke fun and laugh at when it comes to Power Rangers (at least the original), the Zords themselves and their Megazord forms are usually not subject to mockery! If it ain't broke don't fix it, even if you're trying to emulate the style of Chronicle!

On a more positive note, I stumbled across this thorough and very intriguing pitch for a modern day adaptation of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. It follows the basic outline of the upcoming Lionsgate movie, but with a LOT more Power Rangers lore and carrying over what few good ideas the 2017 movie may have. If you're a Power Rangers fan and you'd want to see something on the same grand, cosmic scale of Star Wars, Marvel and DC Comics, this is a pretty good indication of how a modern movie could work as an enthralling film going experience.

Reimagining - Power Rangers by Evilgidgit
Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:47 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Among other things, why are the Zords so.... overly stylized. I'm not asking for anything along the lines of paleo-accuracy, but in trying to go for a more alien aesthetic the Dinozords don't resemble dinosaurs (or pterosaurs or ice age mammals) in the slightest! It's hard to tell what part of the Zord's body you're looking at, even when they appear in the posters. Even the Bayformers Dinobots, as bad as that movie is, still had the basic outline of dinosaurs and could have been an okay template for the look of the Dinozords.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Not only that, but I'm going to say that Metal Gear Rex and Metal Gear Ray looked far more like animals (MG Rex being a heavily armored and well armed Tyrannosaurus rex mech and MG Ray being a semi-aquatic dragon mech) then these current Dinozords do.

I just hope Dragonzord isn't in this. Because if he is, then I absolutely dread what they did to him.

If there's a sequel then we'll probably get that zord's appearance.

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2192
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:13 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Among other things, why are the Zords so.... overly stylized. I'm not asking for anything along the lines of paleo-accuracy, but in trying to go for a more alien aesthetic the Dinozords don't resemble dinosaurs (or pterosaurs or ice age mammals) in the slightest! It's hard to tell what part of the Zord's body you're looking at, even when they appear in the posters. Even the Bayformers Dinobots, as bad as that movie is, still had the basic outline of dinosaurs and could have been an okay template for the look of the Dinozords.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Not only that, but I'm going to say that Metal Gear Rex and Metal Gear Ray looked far more like animals (MG Rex being a heavily armored and well armed Tyrannosaurus rex mech and MG Ray being a semi-aquatic dragon mech) then these current Dinozords do.

I just hope Dragonzord isn't in this. Because if he is, then I absolutely dread what they did to him.

If there's a sequel then we'll probably get that zord's appearance.

If that happens, then I DESPERATELY hope that any fan outrage over the look of the current Dinozords forces the design team to make him ACTUALLY LOOK like the Dragonzord. Make him look big, bulky, tough, durable, and last but not least, something that makes it look faithful. Not these...things...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 988
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Anyone try out the new Mega Battle game that just came out?

_______________
Last Movie Watched: Casey Jones (2011).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 736
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:54 am

New Power Rangers trailer just hit, and... I still don't know how to feel. The dialogue is still cringey (but not as in Power Rangers cheesy), and the use of f*cking RAP in the trailer was grating. There are other things in the trailer like Alpha, the Putties, Goldar, and more action scenes and certainly made a better pitch for what the film will be, as opposed to the first trailer. But I doubt I will overcome the strange visual disparity between the show and the movie.

What kept it from being a total write off was the voice of Bryan Cranston as Zordon. Not so much his visual portrayal, but the mannerisms and otherworldly quality did work really well. But overall, it's a mixed bag and not encouraging me to see it.

Back to top Go down
View user profile Online
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Kamen Rider/Power Rangers Archetype!?
» Power Rangers: Knights of Camelot
» 010's more run time and POWER I MUST HAVE MORE POWER WMAHHAHA
» Pairings in general.
» Power Pod for my 3-Meter Bird of Time Sailplane

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Boards :: Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: