Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Overall Disney Thread

Go down 
+15
V.a.nublarensis
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
tigris115
CT-1138
Dead2009
Minmi
DeiXnonychus
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
Scott B
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
Dr. Wu
Oshronosaurus
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

The Overall Disney Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 10:27 pm

Time to step inside the House of Mouse! All news, games and what not will be discussed, speculated in here!

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 11:04 am

The Disney Channel Announces Descendants 2

Quote :

The imaginative story about the teenage sons and daughters of Disney’s most infamous villains will continue in Descendants 2, a Disney Channel Original Movie set to begin production this summer for a 2017 premiere, it was announced today by Gary Marsh, president and chief creative officer, Disney Channels Worldwide.

Marsh said, “Just when you thought ‘Happily Ever After’ had come to the land of Auradon, ‘Descendants 2’ turns the page to reveal a whole new level of mystery and surprise.”

It is the highly-anticipated sequel to Descendants, the No. 1 cable television movie of 2015 and the fifth highest-rated original movie ever on U.S. cable TV in Total Viewers. It is also the No. 1 Disney Channel Original Movie ever among kids in France, Netherlands, Belgium (south), Portugal, South Africa and Spain. In Italy, it is the No. 1 Disney Channel Original Movie ever among girls.

Emmy Award-winning director Kenny Ortega (Descendants, “High School Musical” movies, 2016’s “The Rocky Horror Picture Show”) will return as director, executive producer and choreographer.

Consumer interest remains strong in new Descendants stories as Disney Publishing’s sequel book, “Return to the Isle of the Lost” written by Melissa de la Cruz, entered the New York Times Best Sellers List (Middle Grade Hardcover) at No. 2 last week, its first week of release. The first book, “The Isle of the Lost,” was No. 1 for 14 weeks and this week, reentered for its 37th week on the best sellers list.

Dove Cameron (“Liv and Maddie”), Cameron Boyce (“Gamer’s Guide to Pretty Much Everything,” “Jessie”), Booboo Stewart (X-Men Days of Future Past), Sofia Carson (“Adventures in Babysitting”) and Mitchell Hope will reprise their starring roles as Mal, Carlos, Jay, Evie and King Ben, respectively. China Anne McClain (“A.N.T. Farm”) will join the cast as Uma, the daughter of Ursula from The Little Mermaid. Casting will be announced soon for additional new characters including the progeny of villains Captain Hook and Gaston.

Lauded writers Sara Parriott and Josann McGibbon (“The Starter Wife,” “Runaway Bride”), who won a 2016 Writers Guild Award for Descendants, wrote Descendants 2 and will also executive-produce with Wendy Japhet (Descendants, An Education, The Italian Job). “Descendants” costume designer Kara Saun (“Project Runway”) and production designer Mark Hofeling (“Teen Beach Movie,” “High School Musical”) are also signed on for the sequel. Tony Testa (“The Rocky Horror Picture Show,” “This Is It”) will join the creative team as choreographer with Ortega, and Shawn Williamson (“Adventures in Babysitting”) will join as producer.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 7:12 am

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 1:55 pm

i'd say that Moana actually doesn't look too good based on that trailer, but knowing Disney's track record, i have no doubt that it's gonna be great Wink

separately, i finally saw Zootopia recently. seven times Razz we switched to DirecTV a couple weeks ago and it happened to be on their on-demand cinema so i made a point of watching it alot. it's quite good Smile

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:08 pm

l love Zootopia! It's now one of my favorite Disney films!

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:26 pm

Already posted in general movie discussion but gonna post it here as well

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 1:42 pm

where's dilly when we need him?

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 12:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 5:32 pm

I'm really looking forward to 'Finding Dory'. 

Saw the first in theaters as a child and that film is really special to me. I don't know if you guys know this about me, but that turned me into a fish lover as much as a Dino lover. I've owned a few saltwater aquariums since and I just love it.

I love how movies can inspire people to be passionate about something new.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 1:18 pm

Finding Dory scribe talks spin-off possibilities!

Quote :

If there is a second sequel to “Finding Nemo” – and judging by those huge numbers “Finding Dory” is doing it’s very likely – who would it possibly follow?

If “Dory” scribe Victoria Strouse has her way, the next film in the series would follow two from the new film.

“It would have to be Destiny” says Strouse in an interview with CreativeScreenwriting.com. “She just was so much fun, and actually pages and pages were written for her that never made the movie. Her part used to be bigger, and Kaitlin Olson was just phenomenal. She nailed her. At one point, Destiny was just a raging hypochondriac, and a whale shark that was constantly on the verge of panic was a tremendous joy to write. Bailey also used to be a lot bigger in the story. His obsession with his head size was something that was really pronounced and so fun, comedically speaking. If I could do a spinoff movie, it would be about those two because they went through a lot – they had their own side-movie going.”

The screenwriter also discussed her script for “Tinker Bell”, talking specifically about the challenges of writing the “Peter Pan” spin-off.

“The challenges I see with Tinker Bell are making her a complex character and how to make her work within a story. They have been terrific in giving me license to figure out who she is. More than anything, that has been exciting – to give complexity to a character that I think has been seen as a sidekick in many ways, like Dory. To be able to give someone a life and voice of their own is really interesting to me.”

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 1:50 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Finding Dory scribe talks spin-off possibilities!

Quote :

If there is a second sequel to “Finding Nemo” – and judging by those huge numbers “Finding Dory” is doing it’s very likely – who would it possibly follow?

If “Dory” scribe Victoria Strouse has her way, the next film in the series would follow two from the new film.

“It would have to be Destiny” says Strouse in an interview with CreativeScreenwriting.com. “She just was so much fun, and actually pages and pages were written for her that never made the movie. Her part used to be bigger, and Kaitlin Olson was just phenomenal. She nailed her. At one point, Destiny was just a raging hypochondriac, and a whale shark that was constantly on the verge of panic was a tremendous joy to write. Bailey also used to be a lot bigger in the story. His obsession with his head size was something that was really pronounced and so fun, comedically speaking. If I could do a spinoff movie, it would be about those two because they went through a lot – they had their own side-movie going.”

The screenwriter also discussed her script for “Tinker Bell”, talking specifically about the challenges of writing the “Peter Pan” spin-off.

“The challenges I see with Tinker Bell are making her a complex character and how to make her work within a story. They have been terrific in giving me license to figure out who she is. More than anything, that has been exciting – to give complexity to a character that I think has been seen as a sidekick in many ways, like Dory. To be able to give someone a life and voice of their own is really interesting to me.”

I haven't seen Finding Dory yet, but this screams what happened with Planes as a Cars spin-off. Nothing's confirmed though so probably not worth going on about.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2016 1:56 pm

I wonder if we're gonna have one big teamup eventually with all the characters from the films.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 6:15 pm

Finding Dory was really pretty meh for me
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 12:25 pm

“Wreck-it Ralph 2” Announced by Walt Disney Animation

Quote :

Today during a live-stream on Facebook, Walt Disney Animation Studios announced that a sequel to the hit film Wreck-It Ralph is officially in production. The original film was released in 2012 and starred John C. Reilly, Sarah Silverman, Jack McBreyer, and Jane Lynch. It also brought in over $470 million dollars at the worldwide box office and became a fan-favorite among both Disney geeks and gamers.

The new film will be released March 9th, 2018.

During the steam, director was joined by writer Phil Johnson before star John C. Reilly crashed the set. After joking that Reilly had accidentally announced the sequel to the press in the past, the trio made it official. In a fun twist, Reily went on to start to describe what will happen in the sequel, only the have the stream “break up” and end.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2016 6:16 pm

more significantly, this'll presumably be the first theatrically-released animated Disney sequel since The Rescuers Down Under

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 10:40 am

Spielberg's The BFG Struggles at Box Office - Report

Quote :

Disney's Finding Dory was the No. 1 film at the US box office this weekend, beating out newcomers such as The Legend of Tarzan and Steven Spielberg's The BFG.

Variety, which has the box office figures, reports that Finding Dory took in $41.9 million over the weekend, bringing its new US total to $372.2 million. After Monday's figures are counted (it's a US holiday), the film could rake in $50.5 million for the four-day weekend.

The site also reports that Finding Dory is on pace to topple Toy Story 3 ($415 million) to become Pixar's highest-grossing US film ever.

The Legend of Tarzan brought in $38.1 million, landing at the No. 2 position for the weekend. It could end up making $4 million for the four-day holiday weekend, which would be around $10 million more than analysts predicted, Variety said.

In the No. 4 position for this weekend was Disney's The BFG. Variety called it "the weekend's biggest disaster" and one that, despite pretty OK reviews, was "overshadowed by" Finding Dory. It "collapsed" at the box office, the report said, bringing in $19.6 million for the three-day weekend and is on pace for $23.6 million for the four-day holiday weekend. The film had a reported $140 million budget

"It will rank as one of the biggest flops of the summer and of Spielberg's career, raising questions about his drawing power after a decade spent making historical dramas such as Lincoln that are geared at older crowds," Variety said.

The BFG came in behind The Purge: Election Year, the weekend's No. 3 movie, which made $30.9 million Friday-Sunday and could generate $34 million when Monday's numbers come in.

Pixar - No More Sequels After 2019

Quote :

It’s perfectly understandable to wonder why there are no rats, robots, or anthropomorphized emotions on Pixar’s upcoming slate of sequels, which kicked off with Finding Dory and continues through 2019 with Cars 3, Toy Story 4, and The Incredibles 2.

In a recent chat with Entertainment Weekly, Pixar president Jim Morris spoke about the studio’s development process, why certain sequels made the cut, and why you won’t be seeing anything less than original at Pixar for quite some time.

“Most studios jump on doing a sequel as soon as they have a successful film, but our business model is a filmmaker model, and we don’t make a sequel unless the director of the original film has an idea that they like and are willing to go forward on,” Morris explains. “A sequel in some regards is even harder [than the original] because you’ve got this defined world which, on the one hand, is a leg up, and on the other hand has expectations that you can’t disappoint on.”

Essentially, Pixar’s reliance on a director-driven model means the studio has to be choosy about which director they can assign to a picture, thereby putting that filmmaker out of commission for as long as it takes to complete the film (anywhere between three and five years). Since the studio won’t hand the reins of a director’s brainchild to another body (with rare exception), some of the Pixar sequels you’re hoping for just can’t happen until other films happen first — sequel or not.

Morris says, “Everything after Toy Story and The Incredibles is an original right now.” Following The Incredibles 2 in 2019, Pixar’s next two films — currently listed on Disney’s release schedule for March and June of 2020, respectively — are both originals, independent of one another but both of which take place in “unusual but believable worlds that take us in even other directions than we’ve pursued in the past.” Following those two, Morris says, are two more original films in early development that aren’t dated on the studio’s schedule yet but are “highly likely.” No other sequels are planned at the moment, Morris says.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 4:04 pm

We'll see how long that lasts. Toy Story 3 was the end there and they sort of fast tracked 4 right away.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 6:05 pm

Well besides Incredibles 2, I do not really want any more sequels from Pixar. Im looking forward to seeing what they do with originals like that new one, moana.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 11:34 pm

only sort-of related to Disney, but today was the last day of the Anime Expo and i got this t-shirt

The Overall Disney Thread 9738943_orig

Very Happy

aside from that, i also got a Mary Poppins pin Smile

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2016 3:00 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Andrews, Van Dy.ke back for Mary Poppins 2!

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 2:56 pm

I swear, the more news I hear about this "Mary Poppins Returns" film (like she's frigging BATMAN or something), the less I like it. And that's not a position I want to be in, Mary Poppins is in many ways The Wizard of Oz of Disney and so doing a sequel is like treading on hallowed ground. Or to quote everyone's favourite chaotician:
"You were so preoccupied with whether you could you didn't stop to think if you should!".

The Overall Disney Thread Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 6:17 pm

It looks like Tron 3 isn't quite dead yet.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2016 2:47 pm

Finding Dory Crosses the $900 Million Mark

Quote :

Disney•Pixar’s Finding Dory crossed the $900 million mark globally yesterday, becoming the fourth Walt Disney Studios release to reach the threshold this year. The third-highest grossing Pixar release of all time, Finding Dory has surpassed the original $871 million gross of its 2003 prequel Finding Nemo and is approaching that film’s $936 million lifetime gross.

Finding Dory opened June 17 with $135 million in the US and Canada, the biggest debut ever for an animated film and the #3 opening of 2016 overall. The film is already the #1 domestic release of the year and the #7 domestic release of all time with $476.9 million. Its international gross is $423.5 million with upcoming releases in Italy, Germany, and other territories.

Finding Dory is the 16th Disney release to reach $900 million and joins Captain America: Civil War ($1.15B), Zootopia ($1.02B) and The Jungle Book ($949M) among the studio’s 2016 releases, with the four ranking as the top four industry releases of the year worldwide.

Finding Dory picks up six months after the first movie, with Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) living a quiet life among the clown fishes. After going with Nemo on a class trip to see manta rays migrate back home, her home sickness leads the forgetful Dory on a quest to find where she came from. The film features returning favorites Marlin, Nemo and the Tank Gang. Set in part along the California coastline, the story also welcomes a host of new characters, including a few who will prove to be a very important part of Dory’s life, such as her parents.

Findng Nemo helmer Andrew Stanton (John Carter) returns to the directors chair for the animated film, which features the voices of Ellen DeGeneres, Albert Brooks, Ed O’Neill, Kaitlin Olson, Ty Burrell, Michael Sheen, Eugene Levy and Diane Keaton.

Back to top Go down
GwrChurchward
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2016 12:30 am

A Mary Poppins sequel 50 years after the fact? Not even a jar of sugar will help this go down.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 9:53 pm

Disney Eyes Sam Mendes for Live-Action James and the Giant Peach Movie

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 5:55 pm

It was only a matter of time...

Jon Favreau announces a live action reboot of 'The Lion King'.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 6:41 pm

...............live-action? Oh my god.....

Also no James Earl Jones=no dice.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 12:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 5:36 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

I heard that this was originally going to be a soft reboot, but from what the trailer has shown me, I can't tell if Disney actually did it or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Overall Disney Thread
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next