Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Overall Disney Thread

Go down 
+15
V.a.nublarensis
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
tigris115
CT-1138
Dead2009
Minmi
DeiXnonychus
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
Scott B
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
Dr. Wu
Oshronosaurus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 8:18 pm

Mistral wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Mistral wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
We've lost Mr Potato Head...

Don Rickles, Legendary Insult Comic, Dies at 90

Sad

Did he record the dialogue for Toy Story 4 already, or will we get film without him?

Unfortunately, I don't know myself, and there don't appear to be any official film news outlets that support whether he recorded his lines or not. There was something about Tom Hanks doing a bit of voice recording in 2015, but little else since then. I was under the impression that they had the script written and lines recorded in advance, but put it on hold to promote Incredibles 2. For now, we should wait for an official statement from Disney.

Yes probably better to wait than speculate, shouldn't take too long.

It would be amazing if that film could live up to the expectations. Again. They seem to have rare magic touch with that one

Anyway RIP for Don. I see he was in on episode of Addams Family, have to watch that again as I hadn't noticed

Troyal1 wrote:
Wow that's incredibly sad. Obviously I don't know anything, but I doubt they have recorded something. Sad.

Slinky was replaced. But it's always a really sensitive and rough pill to swallow when they do that (for myself anyway).

Anyway I'm glad he lived a long and very eventful life. And he entertained a lot of people. Many don't make it to 90.

We now have our answer.

Don Rickles didn't record anything for Toy Story 4, but the film might use past unused recordings from prior Toy Story movies.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 09, 2017 7:01 pm

Bleh, the darker side of Disney, I guess. Once you sign the contract, you've sold your soul.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 7:29 pm

Will Smith in Talks for Genie Role in New Aladdin Movie
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/839611-will-smith-in-talks-for-genie-role-in-new-aladdin-movie#CJGvWDqWS7TgX0Mr.99

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 7:34 pm

There's Aladdin remake now?

Oh god this is getting ridiculous. They've totally lost it in the reboot remaking land and forgot all originality. I haven't liked anything they've produced since the mid 90's, with the exception of Gravity Falls (and potentially The Tangled series, which I've yet to check out).

Edit: Okay Toy Story too, although I always associate them with Pixar
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 19, 2017 10:01 pm

Ming-Na Wen, the original voice actress of Mulan, might have a role in the live action remake.

At least they are considering one of the original people for this one.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 9:07 am

Err, James Earl Jones is supposedly gonna be in the Lion King remake as well. So Mulan isn't the first to have an animated actor be in the live action one.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 9:10 am

What films are they not remaking? Surely that's growing shorter than the other one...
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 1:26 pm

Mistral wrote:
What films are they not remaking? Surely that's growing shorter than the other one...

I believe you might be right about that. Right now the only live action original property in the pipeline for 2018 is A Wrinkle in Time directed by Ava DuVernay, which has a budget of around $100 Million. But still, that's one film, based on a book which not a lot of people may be aware of.

While their animation divisions are balancing original material such as Zootopia, Monana, and Inside Out with sequels to familiar properties like Finding Dory and Wreck-It-Ralph 2, their live action divisions seem fairly entrenched in safe and familiar properties: Marvel's Cinematic Universe, Lucasfilm and Star Wars, live-action Disney film remakes and Pirates of the Caribbean. Easily marketable but little to no risks involved whatsoever.

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 4:25 pm

Here we have the latest release schedule for Walt Disney Studios, including release date info for their animated features, live action movies, Lucasfilm and Marvel studios. A lot of it is unnamed at the moment, but its clear that Disney is planning far ahead.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 4:39 pm

So Indy gets delayed to 2020. Ford will be even more of an ancient grandpa on screen then.

But ugh. As expected so many remakes, I bet the untitled disney fairy tale live actions are most gonna be those.

The only one I'm looking forward to is Toy Story 4. Other than that I will see the Mary Poppins sequel / soft reboot / whatever it is (only because Emily Blunt is in it) and the obligatory episodic Star Wars, but I'm really beginning to think I'll skip all the cash crab standalone SW films in between because I simply do not care. Indy 5 probably, again similarly to SW only because it feels like a duty you just have to do? They really, really, really should've left Crusade and Indy riding to the sunset to be the final chapter, ending in high notes.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 10:10 pm

Ewan McGregor Will Headline Disney’s Christopher Robin Movie
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/842055-ewan-mcgregor-christopher-robin-movie#ebSU8dMmkZdRPHAW.99

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2017 6:20 pm

Maybe its just me, but I had a silly, childish grin on my face when I saw Johnny walk up to the edge of the pier and interacted with the guests. Say what you will about the Pirates movies, but he sure as heck seems to enjoy playing Jack Sparrow, I wouldn't be surprised if he disappears to a private desert island, dress up, and pretend to be Jack marooned with rum for a day or two.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon May 01, 2017 4:45 am

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 16, 2017 2:43 pm

Pirates Of The Caribbean 5 Is Being Held For Ransom By Hackers

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat May 27, 2017 9:59 am

Disney now has Guardians Of The Galaxy and Avatar attractions.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is set to make $275 million overall.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:14 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales is set to make $275 million overall.

Its quite telling that even though I, a long time fan of the franchise, was sitting through the film largely disappointed by it, the audience with me seemed to be laughing and enjoying themselves. At least Disney doesn't have to worry about Johnny Depp being box office poison as Jack Sparrow, and it looks poised to reach close to $1 billion when its overall run is completed.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:20 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Its quite telling that even though I, a long time fan of the franchise, was sitting through the film largely disappointed by it, the audience with me seemed to be laughing and enjoying themselves. At least Disney doesn't have to worry about Johnny Depp being box office poison as Jack Sparrow, and it looks poised to reach close to $1 billion when its overall run is completed.

Not only that, but Disney has to be happier that GOTG Vol 2. is going to come in a 3rd. This movie still has a lot of mileage left.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:27 pm

As predicted, Disney took the top two spots in the 4 day Memorial Day weekend.

1. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales: $78,476,767

2. Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2: $27,189,151

I should note that GOTG Vol. 2 beat out Baywatch by $4 million.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Between Beauty and the Beast, Thor: Ragnarok, Pirates of the Caribbean and GotG Vol 2, I think its a safe bet that Disney will successfully hold the top three to four spots for highest grossing films of 2017. I'd be interested to see if Dunkirk, Wonder Woman, or Justice League can step up to the plate. Maybe not top two, but top five perhaps.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:52 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Between Beauty and the Beast, Thor: Ragnarok, Pirates of the Caribbean and GotG Vol 2, I think its a safe bet that Disney will successfully hold the top three to four spots for highest grossing films of 2017.

Don't forget Star Wars 8.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed May 31, 2017 5:25 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Between Beauty and the Beast, Thor: Ragnarok, Pirates of the Caribbean and GotG Vol 2, I think its a safe bet that Disney will successfully hold the top three to four spots for highest grossing films of 2017.

Don't forget Star Wars 8.

Ah yes, and that too, of course! And just like The Force Awakens, it will very likely sit securely at the top of the box office

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 1:41 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 5:55 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Between Beauty and the Beast, Thor: Ragnarok, Pirates of the Caribbean and GotG Vol 2, I think its a safe bet that Disney will successfully hold the top three to four spots for highest grossing films of 2017. I'd be interested to see if Dunkirk, Wonder Woman, or Justice League can step up to the plate. Maybe not top two, but top five perhaps.

Disney is definitely enjoying their monopoly. They got Marvel, they got Star Wars. I wonder what they want the rights to next?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 10:49 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Disney is definitely enjoying their monopoly. They got Marvel, they got Star Wars. I wonder what they want the rights to next?

They definitely want Spider Man and Fantastic 4 back. They also what the X-Men back, but I think that's a lost cause. Fox is one of the few movie studios that's profitable enough that can withstand Disney trying to buy back the rights, I see them sharing them for a while, but not much else. I do think that Fox will sell off the F4 rights, since while fans trust them with X-Men, they certainly do NOT trust them with F4. Not after the 2015 trainwreck and all the behind the scenes chaos that was a part of it.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 1:03 pm

I think Disney should give priority to ensuring Spider-Man returns to Marvel Studios proper and not be a half-and-half deal between them and Sony. This could end up being the second attempt by Sony to start up their own secondary Marvel Comics cinematic universe, but either without Peter Parker at all and featuring Miles Morales, or with Tom Holland's Peter Parker and no more MCU connections after that.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 07, 2017 2:09 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I think Disney should give priority to ensuring Spider-Man returns to Marvel Studios proper and not be a half-and-half deal between them and Sony. This could end up being the second attempt by Sony to start up their own secondary Marvel Comics cinematic universe, but either without Peter Parker at all and featuring Miles Morales, or with Tom Holland's Peter Parker and no more MCU connections after that.

I agree with all that, but I actually see Fantastic 4 going first, simply because it's too much of an albatross for Fox. Besides, the relationship between Fox and Disney have improved since both Tom Rothman and Ike Perlmutter left.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 1:45 pm

Artist Turns Horror Villains into Disney Princesses

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 29, 2017 12:47 pm

Disney XD Is Developing Herbie Reboot TV Series
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/863367-disney-xd-is-developing-herbie-reboot-tv-series#puyraD5D2LUAZC1T.99

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Overall Disney Thread
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next