Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Overall Disney Thread

Go down 
+15
V.a.nublarensis
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
tigris115
CT-1138
Dead2009
Minmi
DeiXnonychus
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
Scott B
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
Dr. Wu
Oshronosaurus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 6:01 pm

John Lasseter has taken ale ave of absence due to (of coarse) sexual harassment allegations.

I'm not against this all coming out, with so much of them, I can't tell which ones are real and which ones are fake.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 6:36 pm

Compared to those who already have been exposed like Weinstein, Louis C.K. and Kevin Spacey which involved deflection of blame or other self-serving comments, the Lasster case seems to be one where the man seems regretful and contrite about his actions. He's not being booted from Disney entirely, but this is still not going to look good for the long-time king of animation. I have to wonder if the shelving of Giant is somehow connected, and this was something that was long in the gestation.

The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 21, 2017 8:20 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
John Lasseter has taken ale ave of absence due to (of coarse) sexual harassment allegations.

I'm not against this all coming out, with so much of them, I can't tell which ones are real and which ones are fake.

Quote :
Collectively, you mean the world to me, and I deeply apologize if I have let you down. I especially want to apologize to anyone who has ever been on the receiving end of an unwanted hug or any other gesture they felt crossed the line in any way, shape, or form. No matter how benign my intent, everyone has the right to set their own boundaries and have them respected.

Oh no....... The hug part.

Also there are at least 7 other big stories being worked on supposedly.
https://twitter.com/MarkHarrisNYC/status/932737623352905729
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 23, 2017 6:46 pm

According to this, even if another studio buys 20th Century Fox, Disney/Marvel would probably still get the rights to the Marvel properties Fox owns.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 30, 2017 11:14 am

Mulan: Disney Casts Chinese Actress Liu Yifei in the Lead Role
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/906049-mulan-disney-casts-chinese-actress-liu-yifei-in-the-lead-role#sgt9v7dszBiBDPCl.99

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 12:50 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 5:19 pm

It looks like the Disney buyout of 20th Century Fox will result in Disney controlling 39%, probably a bit more, of the movie business.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 5:38 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like the Disney buyout of 20th Century Fox will result in Disney controlling 39%, probably a bit more, of the movie business.
I'm really not happy about this. I don't want to see a world where Disney monopolizes the entire film industry.
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 5:44 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

First...the studios. Then...the world!

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Incredibles 2 Image Picks Up Where the First Film Ended
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/908235-incredibles-2-image#Qvl7K0XqKGU3JUDe.99

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 5:09 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 13, 2018 5:22 pm

‘The Jungle Book 2’ Will Resurrect Unused Disney Ideas, Explore More Rudyard Kipling Stories

http://www.slashfilm.com/the-jungle-book-2-details/

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 11:26 am

Dead2009 wrote:
‘The Jungle Book 2’ Will Resurrect Unused Disney Ideas, Explore More Rudyard Kipling Stories

Odd that they're actually going through with this. I mean, the prospect of a more faithful take on The Jungle Book from Andy Serkis and Warner Bros has already gotten people wondering aloud if that's a good idea from a box office standpoint. Is "Jungle Book saturation" a thing we may come face to face with?

Honestly, if Disney wanted to do more jungle movies, I'd be somewhat more open to them doing a live action adaptation of their take on Tarzan. But after getting burned by John Carter bombing, I think they'll be avoiding Edgar Rice Burroughs for the foreseeable future.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 14, 2018 6:00 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

Honestly, if Disney wanted to do more jungle movies, I'd be somewhat more open to them doing a live action adaptation of their take on Tarzan. But after getting burned by John Carter bombing, I think they'll be avoiding Edgar Rice Burroughs for the foreseeable future.

That's because they can't. I remember reading in Total Film magazine a few years ago that the ERB estate was so angry about how the John Carter movie bombed, that they took back the rights and are deciding to sell off the movie rights to the highest bidder. It's a lot like what the Crichton estate plans to do with the JP movie rights.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 15, 2018 5:03 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

That's because they can't. I remember reading in Total Film magazine a few years ago that the ERB estate was so angry about how the John Carter movie bombed, that they took back the rights and are deciding to sell off the movie rights to the highest bidder. It's a lot like what the Crichton estate plans to do with the JP movie rights.

Then the ERB estate are shrewd when it comes to their Boroughs properties. And honestly, I would do the same in their situation.

Not to sound paranoid, but part of me wonders if the higher ups at Disney had some hand in setting up John Carter to flop (with the bad marketing, pumping too much money into it and not giving it enough star power to grab audience interest) so that they could refocus their resources on buying Lucasfilm and of course making a fortune off of Star Wars.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 18, 2018 7:53 pm

Stephany Folsom has been picked to write Toy Story 4.

Did anybody want this movie? Toy Story 3 wrapped up things so beautifully.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 20, 2018 1:55 pm

Descendants 3 Set for 2019 with Original Cast
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/923951-descendants-3-set-for-2019-with-original-cast#DPhyW5K0x5gPml3x.99

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2018 11:41 am

Disney Rebooting The Muppets for Their Streaming Service
http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/924843-disney-rebooting-the-muppets-for-their-streaming-service

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 2:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 2:46 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

I thought the first was such a pleasant surprise and very heartwarming! I don’t see how they could top it by going to the internet but hey, I was wrong about the first one.

So I’ll definitely give this a chance.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 12:25 pm

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2018 6:25 pm

"I've cracked."
"I don't see any cracks, a few wrinkles maybe."

I can't speak for the whole film, but that dialogue exchange between Christopher and Winnie the Pooh, that was spot on, I saw Pooh-bear right there. Credit where it's due, that was a sweet, wonderful moment.

I'll give the muted colour palette the benefit of the doubt for now because that's supposed to fit with the way Christopher is at the moment. While his character was spot on, the highly realistic Pooh toy walking about is going to take some getting used to. I am curious at least.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2018 3:00 pm

I've seen a few reviews for 'A Wrinkle In Time' and those few reviews I've seen all say that this movie sucks and that the book is better.

I don't think Disney cares about how well this movie does to be honest. Between Black Panther doing so well and how Avengers: Infinity War will make a killing starting late April (it's new release date is April 27) they will make so money from both of these movies that they can afford not to care. It's not like Star Wars which is big enough for Disney to care.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2018 10:39 am

John Musker, Co-Director Of ‘Aladdin’ And ‘Moana,’ Retires From Disney After 40 Year

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 2:16 pm

Jesse Plemons Lands Villain Role in Disney’s Jungle Cruise
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/939309-jesse-plemons-lands-villain-role-disneys-jungle-cruise#WeY0j1p3z6RQeXot.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 7:16 pm

Brie Larson might be the main star in the live action Snow White spinoff, Rose Red. Rose is Snow White's sister. Apparently, Disney has had this in the works for a while now.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 6:41 pm

The live action Mulan reboot has a whopping $290 million dollar budget.

For a movie that's a non-MCU movie and a non-Star Wars movie, that's a massive budget...Then again, considering how Disney has more money then we can fathom, I guess that they can get away with this.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2018 8:53 am

Removing the Marvel and Star Wars budgets from the equation, that figure puts the budget for the 'Mulan' remake in the same range as the Pirates of the Caribbean sequels, and exceeds the likes of both John Carter and The Lone Ranger.

While the live action remakes have been very profitable (with the exception of Alice Through the Looking Glass) this does seem like an inordinately high number for a Disney remake. In any case, it isn't like the original Mulan isn't already a moving, beautiful-looking and well-executed film. And throwing more money at something doesn't equal quality.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2018 6:50 pm

Michelle Pfeiffer will be in Maleficent 2.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2018 6:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Overall Disney Thread   The Overall Disney Thread - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Overall Disney Thread
Page 8 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next