Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Nostalgic Dinosaur Books

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

Nostalgic Dinosaur Books  Empty
PostSubject: Nostalgic Dinosaur Books    Nostalgic Dinosaur Books  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2016 10:53 pm

Let's see, some of mine were....

Dinosaur World by Chris Santoro - Had a ton of fun flaps and pop-ups. Loved this one.

Dinosaurs: The Ultimate Dinosaur Encyclopedia - I believe I've posted scans from this one in the Paleo Fails thread. There were some WILD reconstructions in this one. Even had a spitting Dilophosarus!

Dinosaurs of the Land See and Air - had a ton of retrosaur reconstructions in it. Really neat to flip through.

The Glow in the Dark Book of Dinosaur Skeletons, by Annie Ingle and illustrated by Peter Barrett. Had a TON of fun with this one. I remember every night I would put each page up to my lamp and pull it away to the dark to see the dinosaur skeletons glow within the flesh.

And finally, Dinosaurs by Peter Zallinger - An old book with old illustrations, this one had some really good retrosaur art in it. The first page started off with Zallinger's illustration of the AMNH dinosaur exhibit, and on one page had this absolutely stunning retro image of "Brontosaurus" that I can't seem to find anywhere - so I took a picture!
Spoiler:

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic Dinosaur Books    Nostalgic Dinosaur Books  Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 9:40 pm

Tyrannosaurus rex and its kin: the Mesozoic Monsters by Helen Roney Sattler is a childhood fav. Such lovely watercolors.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic Dinosaur Books    Nostalgic Dinosaur Books  Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 6:54 pm

Here's my list.

Encyclopedia of Dinosaurs: Even today the artwork is still wonderful to look at.

Tyrannosaurus Rex and its kin. What RL said.

The paperback JP dinosaur book.

That one book about T. rex made by the people who make the Bernstein bears books.

The book version of Walking With Dinosaurs. I gave this away to my friend's son.

And a bunch of others.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic Dinosaur Books    Nostalgic Dinosaur Books  Icon_minitimeSat May 06, 2017 7:04 pm

Easily the most memorable:

Nostalgic Dinosaur Books  Cover

Spoiler:

I haven't actually read it since 90's but this was the best thing ever as kid. I briefly noticed it in the library last year but was in a hurry to do something else so didn't have time to look at it again. I will someday though. Just seeing it brought good memories

And also this more kiddy book below, I think I read circa 1994-1995 for the first time? Well "read", it's a picture book lol, and I couldn't really read at that age anyway

Nostalgic Dinosaur Books  51aNAnlNT6L._SX367_BO1,204,203,200_
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgic Dinosaur Books    Nostalgic Dinosaur Books  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nostalgic Dinosaur Books
Page 1 of 1