Where Life Found a Way...est. 2016
 
HomeMainframeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Universal's MONSTERVERSE Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2374
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Universal's MONSTERVERSE Thread   Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:07 pm

The Mummy will be released on digital on August 22 and on home video on September 12.

Get the coffin ready. RIP Dark Universe.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 779
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Universal's MONSTERVERSE Thread   Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:34 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Mummy will be released on digital on August 22 and on home video on September 12.

Get the coffin ready. RIP Dark Universe.

WOW that's quick. Meanwhile guardians of the galaxy still showing at my theater today and came out May 5th i think.

Not trying to start a fanboy war just stating how terrible Mummy is doing compared to other blockbusters. I wonder if they will try to start over? Because guardians and WW ate this "universe" movie alive faster than a zombie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2374
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Universal's MONSTERVERSE Thread   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:23 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Mummy will be released on digital on August 22 and on home video on September 12.

Get the coffin ready. RIP Dark Universe.

WOW that's quick. Meanwhile guardians of the galaxy still showing at my theater today and came out May 5th i think.

Not trying to start a fanboy war just stating how terrible Mummy is doing compared to other blockbusters. I wonder if they will try to start over? Because guardians and WW ate this "universe" movie alive faster than a zombie.

Good luck with that. This was supposed to start it after Dracula: Untold failed and was rendered into being a standalone movie. It's a lot like how Green Lantern was supposed to start the DCMU but failed and Man Of Steel did...Not that it was that much better, mind you.

Besides, other then Spider Man, how many things have been rebooted/remade multiple times successfully? Very few. Just look at Fox with the Fantastic 4. The unreleased Roger Corman one is still the best after all this time and the most recent one, Fant4stic turned out to be one of the worst, if not THE worst, superhero movies to have ever been made. Also, look at all the movie adaptations of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's novel 'The Lost World'. It's been 92 years since the original 1925 version came out, and it's STILL the best movie adaptation. I have the Image Entertainment version, which has 90% of the original footage, and despite it's age, it's a great movie.

Not only that, but does anybody think that DVD/Blu Ray sales will save it/give The Mummy a fighting chance like Power Rangers 2017 got with good toy/DVD sales? I don't.


Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 779
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: Universal's MONSTERVERSE Thread   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:27 pm

@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Mummy will be released on digital on August 22 and on home video on September 12.

Get the coffin ready. RIP Dark Universe.

WOW that's quick. Meanwhile guardians of the galaxy still showing at my theater today and came out May 5th i think.

Not trying to start a fanboy war just stating how terrible Mummy is doing compared to other blockbusters. I wonder if they will try to start over? Because guardians and WW ate this "universe" movie alive faster than a zombie.

Good luck with that. This was supposed to start it after Dracula: Untold failed and was rendered into being a standalone movie. It's a lot like how Green Lantern was supposed to start the DCMU but failed and Man Of Steel did...Not that it was that much better, mind you.

Besides, other then Spider Man, how many things have been rebooted/remade multiple times successfully? Just look at Fox with the Fantastic 4. Also, look at all the movie adaptations of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's novel 'The Lost World'. It's been 92 years since the original 1925 version came out, and it's STILL, the best movie adaptation made. Even with all the other movie adaptations that came afterwords. Not only that, but does anybody think that DVD/Blu Ray sales will save it/give it a fighting chance like Power Rangers 2017 got with good toy/DVD sales? I don't.

I agree with you. But I don't think they should totally give up yet.

I don't think they are planning this monsterverse thing well at all. They need to take a long step back and really evaluate if they can make a good universe with good films. Personally I believe they can do it right. But they need careful planning and a lot of talent. Make it lower budget, rated R and more horror focused.

After Dracula untold you think they would have learned but they did not. I have no idea why they thought mummy impossible would be a good idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2374
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Universal's MONSTERVERSE Thread   Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:36 pm

@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
@Troyal1 wrote:
@Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Mummy will be released on digital on August 22 and on home video on September 12.

Get the coffin ready. RIP Dark Universe.

WOW that's quick. Meanwhile guardians of the galaxy still showing at my theater today and came out May 5th i think.

Not trying to start a fanboy war just stating how terrible Mummy is doing compared to other blockbusters. I wonder if they will try to start over? Because guardians and WW ate this "universe" movie alive faster than a zombie.

Good luck with that. This was supposed to start it after Dracula: Untold failed and was rendered into being a standalone movie. It's a lot like how Green Lantern was supposed to start the DCMU but failed and Man Of Steel did...Not that it was that much better, mind you.

Besides, other then Spider Man, how many things have been rebooted/remade multiple times successfully? Just look at Fox with the Fantastic 4. Also, look at all the movie adaptations of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's novel 'The Lost World'. It's been 92 years since the original 1925 version came out, and it's STILL, the best movie adaptation made. Even with all the other movie adaptations that came afterwords. Not only that, but does anybody think that DVD/Blu Ray sales will save it/give it a fighting chance like Power Rangers 2017 got with good toy/DVD sales? I don't.

I agree with you. But I don't think they should totally give up yet.

I don't think they are planning this monsterverse thing well at all. They need to take a long step back and really evaluate if they can make a good universe with good films. Personally I believe they can do it right. But they need careful planning and a lot of talent. Make it lower budget, rated R and more horror focused.

After Dracula untold you think they would have learned but they did not. I have no idea why they thought mummy impossible would be a good idea.

Here's the thing. The Mummy will lose Universal money. Man Of Steel, for all its faults-which are huge-at least made a respectable profit. Besides, the last time I checked, Bride Of Frankenstein is already stating to be made.

I still think that most of these old monsters are too much of products of their time. Other then Dracula, who was actually a real-life person, I don't see many monsters that can stand up to modern day times. Maybe Wolfman and Creature From The Black Lagoon as DNA experiments/gene splicing test subjects gone wrong, but even then, you'd have be very careful with that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 1065
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: Universal's MONSTERVERSE Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:25 pm

Universal’s Van Helsing Reboot Eyes Channing Tatum
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/872025-universals-van-helsing-reboot-eyes-channing-tatum#vJyVpAvHbdHzb5BI.99

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Secret Life of Pets (2016).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S2:E40).
Last Video Game Played: Sonic Adventure (Gamecube).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaurus
Spinosaurus
avatar

Posts : 776
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 24
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: Universal's MONSTERVERSE Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:24 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Universal’s Van Helsing Reboot Eyes Channing Tatum
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/872025-universals-van-helsing-reboot-eyes-channing-tatum#vJyVpAvHbdHzb5BI.99

I never thought I'd say this, but... bring Stephen Sommers and Hugh Jackman back!!

I know that's as good as impossible at that stage, but at least I bought Jackman as a tortured and brutal hunter of monsters - Tatum doesn't fit that outline in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Ultimasaurus
Ultimasaurus
avatar

Posts : 2374
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: Universal's MONSTERVERSE Thread   Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:43 pm

@BarrytheOnyx wrote:
@Dead2009 wrote:
Universal’s Van Helsing Reboot Eyes Channing Tatum
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/872025-universals-van-helsing-reboot-eyes-channing-tatum#vJyVpAvHbdHzb5BI.99

I never thought I'd say this, but... bring Stephen Sommers and Hugh Jackman back!!

I know that's as good as impossible at that stage, but at least I bought Jackman as a tortured and brutal hunter of monsters - Tatum doesn't fit that outline in the slightest.

And this is even considering that it even gets made. So far, The Mummy has only made $390 million and only $79 million of it came domestically. How can Universal justify this movie? Better yet, I think that Bride Of Frankenstein is getting started to be made and based on this and the performance of Dracula: Untold...yeah. It's going to be a very hard sell.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Universal's MONSTERVERSE Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
Universal's MONSTERVERSE Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Universal Exports - The James Bond Thread
» The Flat/Satin Black Thread
» A Miyu Thread
» Green lantern Merch thread
» The Little House on the Prairie Comedy Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Boards :: The Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: