Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks? Empty
PostSubject: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 1:26 pm

Sometimes when reading or watching a review for an Jurassic Park film I get the impression that they only see the films as just very fun popcorn entertainment films but with little to no substance. I don't agree with that for most of the films but have any of you felt the same way about JP reviews and/or do you know anyone personally with that viewpoint?

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 1:34 pm

Any movie is a popcorn movie because I eat popcorn most times I go to watch them Razz

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 1:41 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Any movie is a popcorn movie because I eat popcorn most times I go to watch them Razz
Hehe, very true!

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 1:47 pm

I know many people with that viewpoint. Strangely enough they are usually huge fans of Star Wars or Lord of the rings and don't see JP as legendary Status. Personally I do Razz
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2016 8:20 pm

To be fair, I consider 3 out of the 4 films to be "popcorn flicks". Doesn't mean I don't love them (well, 2 out of the 3 anyways).

Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 10:55 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
To be fair, I consider 3 out of the 4 films to be "popcorn flicks". Doesn't mean I don't love them (well, 2 out of the 3 anyways).
Yeah I view JW as an "popcorn flick" but it's still by second favorite. But I was referring to critics that just give JP great reviews mainly for the effects yet while criticizing the characters. I love JP mostly for it characters and lore. The effects, while great, are just secondary to me.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2016 6:57 am

I think they all are actually pop-corn movies (and it's not a negative thing, at all), but with some interesting philosophical thoughts here and there, in each of them (even in JP3, of course in really small measure)

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?
Page 1 of 1