Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.

HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog inJurassic-Pedia

Share | 

Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:26 pm

Sometimes when reading or watching a review for an Jurassic Park film I get the impression that they only see the films as just very fun popcorn entertainment films but with little to no substance. I don't agree with that for most of the films but have any of you felt the same way about JP reviews and/or do you know anyone personally with that viewpoint?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:34 pm

Any movie is a popcorn movie because I eat popcorn most times I go to watch them Razz

http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:41 pm

@Dead2009 wrote:
Any movie is a popcorn movie because I eat popcorn most times I go to watch them Razz
Hehe, very true!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:47 pm

I know many people with that viewpoint. Strangely enough they are usually huge fans of Star Wars or Lord of the rings and don't see JP as legendary Status. Personally I do Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:20 pm

To be fair, I consider 3 out of the 4 films to be "popcorn flicks". Doesn't mean I don't love them (well, 2 out of the 3 anyways).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:55 am

@Tyrant Lizard wrote:
To be fair, I consider 3 out of the 4 films to be "popcorn flicks". Doesn't mean I don't love them (well, 2 out of the 3 anyways).
Yeah I view JW as an "popcorn flick" but it's still by second favorite. But I was referring to critics that just give JP great reviews mainly for the effects yet while criticizing the characters. I love JP mostly for it characters and lore. The effects, while great, are just secondary to me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus

PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:57 am

I think they all are actually pop-corn movies (and it's not a negative thing, at all), but with some interesting philosophical thoughts here and there, in each of them (even in JP3, of course in really small measure)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?   

Back to top Go down

Know Anyone who only considers the Jurassic Park films to be popcorn flicks?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1